Sounds like a nice place to visit. If only for a few days, since Tokyo is still number 1 yeah.We stayed around nine days in Osaka. Within those nine days, we went to Kyoto for three days, one day was reserved for Nara, and more than half a day we spent in Hyogo at the Himeji Castle. Ultimately, we had a little more than three days we could spend in Osaka itself.
Osaka is actually pretty nice. Compared to Tokyo, it is less crowded, more calm, more comfortable for sightseeing and shopping. The women in Osaka also look a little bit better than in Tokyo, I kept an eye on this, hehe. Tokyo is still number 1, but Osaka won't disappoint, especially since it is relatively close to Kyoto, so you can kill two birds with one stone if you are into traditional stuff.
Didn't ask me I see I seeWe planned every single day together with my cousin with the recommendations of Nii and several websites, youtube videos and so on. We started with the planning several months before (around or before April). That was a huge task, because there is simply too much to see. On paper, we had a "strict" guide to follow, but we were aware of the fact that we won't be able to follow it 100%. We both are/were pretty easygoing and flexible. To our surprise, most of the stuff we planned worked out. We actually had a lot in our list, maybe a little bit too much. On average, we walked around 18km/day, haha. No regrets, though. But next time - and there will be a next time for me - I'll plan less to see.
But I'm sure Nii had good recommendations as well.Was it intimidating to be in Japan while not knowing any Japanese? I know someone who has that fear. *cough* @revo *cough*

When i went we basically always winged it every time. We had a rough sketch of main locations we wanted to go to(like Disney Land Tokyo, uuughhh
) but otherwise spent our time how we felt like. Syyyx nooooHmh, I would be lying if I tell you that I know the mentioned restaurants (Ichiran, ippudo, coco curry). Could be we ate there, maybe not, we didn't keep track on that.
You need to know the places you liked to revisit them. Did you ever eat in the same restaurant twice? Next you'll tell me you don't have a favorite convenience store chain of the big 3.
Mind control resist huhI guess we were too fascinated and overwhelmed by the otaku stores.![]()
I get him not liking the claw game, but not even into the stop-timer thing? And the sweet temptation of winning a figure or something in the arcade for less money than you would pay for it in the store. Especially "Adores" in Akiba always had some very interesting things to play, like getting Dragon Balls which were pretty decent quality, worth 3000 yen for one I think, making it much more worth it to get them there. Got so many dragonballs, and if you get many you also get a small box with mini-dragonballs included!I would have played a lot more Arcade games, but my cousin wasn't into it that much.

Lots of "as a tourist" mentions there. You'd prefer living in germany if given the choice?Honestly, I miss Japan a lot. However, this is just a tourist speaking here. I mean, when otaku stuff is one of your main hobbies (forget otaku stuff, I can't even find a proper Basketball store around Frankfurt ffs), then Tokyo is like a paradise. Not to mention all those peaceful and wonderful gardens. We basically relaxed in those gardens for more than 30 minutes without talking to each other, without checking our phones, just sitting there and enjoying the nature. The cleanliness (even though there are hardly any trash bins, mind you), the order, the mentality of the people and how understanding they are, even if you make a mistake, was totally new to me. In Paris, people refused to talk to me in english despite being able to do so. I also like the Japanese cuisine more than the german and turkish one. Yes, I miss Japan a lot, as a tourist that is.
Also got more things for others than myself when I wentPeople at home?There was a time where I thought that I bought more for family/friends than for myself, haha. Every family (member) and friend close to me got something. Some got keychains, others manga volumes, plushies, magnets or miniature figures of sights (Great Buddha, Himeji Castle...).
It's how it goes.


