Discussion - Mirajane Strauss thread | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mirajane Strauss thread

Does Mira have a new takeover form in 100YQ arc? And what would it be?

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think it was her 2nd fight after she recovered the majority of her MP. So it very understandable for Mirajane why she cant use Sitri at that time. But like what she said there is a possibility that she can beat Azuma if she will channel her remaing MP to attack Azuma but as much as want to. Lissana's safety is her priority.
So are you agreeing with me that Mirajane lost the ability to do most of her magic when Lisanna died?

I realize I missed a key detail in my last post on why Erza outperformed Mirajane on the Tenrou arc, so I'll flesh everything out here. Mirajane presumably used all her magic power to protect Lisanna, so she took Azuma's hit without her magic protecting her. Azuma's blast knocked her out. Erza's cherry-blossom armor
puts all of her magic power into attack power leaving her with zero defenses. That means' Erza also took Azuma's blast without any magic power protecting her. Furthermore, she took a blast enhanced by the full power of the Tenrou Tree. She gets back up from this. Then after she defeated Azuma, she went on to fight Hades. If you're saying that Mirajane used up so much magic power fighting Elfman and Evergreen that she couldn't muster up the strength to summon Sitir....Well that would be like Erza using up so much magic power fighting Juvia and Lisanna, and then be unable to summon her strongest armors due to a lack of magic power.

Could Mirajane have beaten Azuma on Tenrou? Probably. Could she have beaten Azuma after getting blasted by the Tenrou Tree with zero defenses, and then after a short rest go on to fight Hades? Probably not.

AmitDS

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
So are you agreeing with me that Mirajane lost the ability to do most of her magic when Lisanna died?

I realize I missed a key detail in my last post on why Erza outperformed Mirajane on the Tenrou arc, so I'll flesh everything out here. Mirajane presumably used all her magic power to protect Lisanna, so she took Azuma's hit without her magic protecting her. Azuma's blast knocked her out. Erza's cherry-blossom armor
puts all of her magic power into attack power leaving her with zero defenses. That means' Erza also took Azuma's blast without any magic power protecting her. Furthermore, she took a blast enhanced by the full power of the Tenrou Tree. She gets back up from this. Then after she defeated Azuma, she went on to fight Hades. If you're saying that Mirajane used up so much magic power fighting Elfman and Evergreen that she couldn't muster up the strength to summon Sitir....Well that would be like Erza using up so much magic power fighting Juvia and Lisanna, and then be unable to summon her strongest armors due to a lack of magic power.

Could Mirajane have beaten Azuma on Tenrou? Probably. Could she have beaten Azuma after getting blasted by the Tenrou Tree with zero defenses, and then after a short rest go on to fight Hades? Probably not.
But Mirajane stated that Satan soul is not magic that can be used constantly so by nature her magic is different which she makes up for, as we saw, with the versatility of abilities she has in BSS as opposed to Erza switching between armors and her nukes so at best you can say that Mirajane has less stamina than Erza even if they are on the same level in the Tenrou Island arc and that Mirajane started off with less magic accessible than Erza vs Azuma and then to be used later on. Mashima wouldn't likely care about the details like Erza getting to stand up against Azuma and then fight Hades after she had time to rest up vs Mirajane staying unconscious after she took a blast that was supposed to kill Lisanna and her (Mavis' power helped them live as long as they did), when ranking them powerwise in that arc since it was already highlighted that they were on the same level. IMO it seems like contrived criteria ignoring PIS.

I mean you have your interpretation clearly while we have ours i.e. Mirajane and Erza were portrayed as equals in that arc despite her being away from the front lines for a while before the battle of FT.

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

But As per Azuma, Erza was protected by the Tenrou's magic power unlike Mirajane she took the hit with the remaining of her MP only.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But As per Azuma, Erza was protected by the Tenrou's magic power unlike Mirajane she took the hit with the remaining of her MP only.

Only for that last hit. The first hit still had Erza getting blasted.

Last edited:

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Only for that last hit. The first hit still had Erza getting blasted.
But it was hinted by Erza that she was always protected by it. Not sure though when.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But it was hinted by Erza that she was always protected by it. Not sure though when.
She was protected by when she started seeing visions of everyone in the guild. The first hit still damaged her.

Hana Maria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I hope we get to see mira using seilah's etherious form! That whould be dope! Especially the "Mame"(Demon Eyes) spell that was interrupted by elfman!
And i hope the color of that blast and seilah kimono is red violet instead blue!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
God please no. If anything, she should just scrub Skullion and Madmole then go team up with Laxus or something. Imagine if she used Tempester form to bypass Skullion's logia and Torafuza's form to out defend Mamdole's defense (she becomes too durable for Madmole to defend against). I would be in heaven if that happened :gaw
I'd like that to happen :zomg she has abilities to change demon appearance from ugly to beautiful lol. Alegria was disgusting back then in Tartaros arc but it became beautiful in Alvarez arc. :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I added a poll. Check it out and dont forget to comment below!

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I want Halphas to debut in the manga. If Satan Soul is still strong even in today's standard what more Halphas who was been forbidden by Makarov to use.

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Everyone gangsta until a side character who's finally getting discussed is all over a thread and people are now annoyed because a side character is somehow getting relevant. they just want to lick on their faves while deliberately insulting other's faves.

Don't get me wrong. this Jellal vs MJ discussion is getting longer and on the loop but I think it's common knowledge that Jellal is stronger than MJ, it's just Natsu is more interested in fighting MJ as of the moment for couple known reasons. And like I said on my previous replies here, even though MJ feats are few and got a poor performance most of the time in major fights because she's being used as hype tool for 'someone else', the guild members are still recognizing her stand and strength to the point that even though some of them got a lot stronger, they still doubt theirselves if they can beat her (best example is Gray).

My point is, I get that you're pissed off by this hype going on MJ rn, but is it really necessary to downplay her to the point that you see her as a semi-fodder character? She's weaker than Jellal. That's all there to it. Stop putting other characters above her just to satisfy yourself that she is THAT weak when it's not.

This sums up. I mean we didn't even complain how people tend to hype their favorites as much as we hype Mj. I totally get the fact that it is kind of annoying to hype others without a fight yet, but did we insult their favorites, no? Did we insult their fanbases? No?
But oh well, let them be. Doesnt matter since sooner or later we'll get Mira's feats, that doesnt matter if she'll get to lose. Atleast she tried hard.
But if we will see her feats then we might gotta hear a cRitIc again saying it's BS and it doesn't count as much as it was revealed that she took over Seilah.
Yes it is BS but still it does count, and so are other fights.

Well, Buckle up fams for the next chapter as our demon is going to shine :hi

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't possibly fathom how people can call Mira overrated or overhype but turn a blind eye when Jellal fans call Jellal Irene tier or that Laxus can overpower DiMaria's timestop. I have never heard a Mira fan say something like that yet she is the overhyped one on MH. :catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If Mira uses Franmelth soul then it is kind of over for mostly any opponent she faces bcs unlike Franmelth Mira has great durability so she can tank a rock being smashed on her lol. She could absorb mostly any form of magic so only high tier hax or stricted melee fighters like Erza could get past that soul if we are really looking at how powerful Franmelth's powers can be.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Right, I remember Mira took over Ezel and Franmalth soul during her battle against Sayla. But idk if she actually took over them or not.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
15) Mashima once said in an interview that if Erza and Mirajane had to face each other seriously, Mirajane would undoubtedly be the winner.

Hana Maria

Reaction score
Country
Japan

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Right, I remember Mira took over Ezel and Franmalth soul during her battle against Sayla. But idk if she actually took over them or not.
Mira took over the tentacle demon of their lab, Ezel was then destroyed by her and Mard was erased by Zeref, Keith had been killed by Juvia, Silver wasn't a demon , Fraithma survived , Seilah was absorbed by her. Status of the other 4 are unknown.

Stop wishing Halphas was real , when we have Sitri .

Hana Maria

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Mira took over the tentacle demon of their lab, Ezel was then destroyed by her and Mard was erased by Zeref, Keith had been killed by Juvia, Silver wasn't a demon , Fraithma survived , Seilah was absorbed by her. Status of the other 4 are unknown.

Stop wishing Halphas was real , when we have Sitri .
Yea I agree with you, personally i treat halphas as a filler and i wish we get to extend Sitri's moveset (imo Sitri>>Halphas both in design and power)

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yea I agree with you, personally i treat halphas as a filler and i wish we get to extend Sitri's moveset (imo Sitri>>Halphas both in design and power)
Not to mention hax Seilah and OP Plutogrim. There's no need showcase powers of Halphas when we have better forms.

Hana Maria

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Not to mention hax Seilah and OP Plutogrim. There's no need showcase powers of Halphas when we have better forms.
Plus, i'm pretty sure halphas didn't even debut in the manga, let alone showcase it's powers, and since lisanna showed two already i hope we get to see mirajane Showcase:
>Sitri's powers
>Seilah's Etherious form!
>Alegria's moveset