Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Just caught up with double taisei. This shit fucking rocks. No matter how this manga ends up to be, I will always remember it. Truly the misunderstood genius of our time.
Also, Hata is a fucking madlad.
Everyone should read this mad masterpiece. Or at least skip forward see other Tendo generation characters. Seriously, everyone has to read this manga.

 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The guy clearly wants to make a gag manga and doesn't care about the shogi part. I have to wonder why he went for shogi in the first place.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Abyss Rage is among the top viewed series in the app but with disastrous tankobon sales. Hence why the manga stopped with print releases and switched to online only volumes.

Just mentioning Jump+/MangaPlus series, Dear Sa-chan, Spotless Love, Curtain's Up, Arata Primal and Moon Land all have poor to horrible sales . I assume Moon Land is still alive thanks to the fact it's editor is also a Chainsaw Man/Spy x Family one, which are the 2 newbie highlights for Jump this year. Surely not because of the views, which are one of the lowest "per chapter" there from what I remember.
It's not the lowest, but it is pretty bad.


MangaPlus - Views per chapter from the last week(s):

(or for Boruto and Dragon Ball Super, views in the first week after the chapter was released because I couldn't use my previous data anymore after the crazy bumping)

(English)(Spanish)
Boruto
366 582​
Boruto
302 085​
Spy x Family
182 325​
One Piece (n)
184 587​
One Piece (n)
168 255​
Dragon Ball Super
180 680​
Dragon Ball Super
165 709​
Kimetsu no Yaiba
55 899​
Kimetsu no Yaiba
78 741​
My Hero Academia
32 028​
My Hero Academia
39 629​
Spy x Family
29 188​
Tis Time for Torture, Princess
32 300​
Black Clover
18 001​
Chainsaw Man
32 073​
The Promised Neverland
16 062​
Summer Time Rendering
29 216​
Dr. Stone
15 892​
Blue Exorcist
26 752​
Hell's Paradise
10 327​
Seraph of the End
25 027​
Jujutsu Kaisen
10 222​
Yozakura Family
20 879​
Samourai 8
8 850​
Dr. Stone
20 621​
Platinum End
5 861​
The Promised Neverland
20 464​
World Trigger
5 078​
Black Clover
19 936​
Blue Flag
Samourai 8
19 917​
Heart Gear
World Trigger
19 609​
We Never Learn
18 826​
Jujutsu Kaisen
18 592​
Hell's Paradise
16 200​
Act-age
15 515​
Hinomaru Sumo (epilogue)
14 200​
Haikyuu
13 091​
Hina Change
10 494​
Tokyo Shinobi Squad
9 250​
Platinum End
8 775​
Dear Sa-chan
8 250​
Spotless Love
5 650​
Arata Primal
5 288​
Yui Kamio Lets Loose
3 654​
Mitama Security
3 535​
Double Taisei
3 533​
Moonland
3 420​
Beast Children
3 392​
Dricam
2 980​
Curtain's Up
2 475​
I'm from Japan
1 439​
Abyss Rage
Blue Flag
Dr. Stone Reboot
East, Into the Light
Heart Gear
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 11/01

#1 Haikyuu!! 40
#3 Dr. Stone 13
#4 We Never Learn 14
#9 Hana Nochi Hare 14
#11 Haikyuu-bu!! 1
#48 Mato Seihei no Slave 3
#70 Koigoku no Toshi 1
#76 Hidarikiki no Eren 10
#79 Heart Gear 2
#88 Koro-sensei Q 5
#91 Melt Away! Mizore-chan 4
#141 Hachurui-chan wa Idakanai 1
#164 Tokyo Shinobi Squad 2
#228 Hina Change 1
#250 Double Taisei 2
#325 The Last Saiyuki 3
#326 Kaibutsu Shoujo wa Hatsukoi no Yume wo Miru ka? 1
#366 Moon Land 4
#405 Beast Children 2
Haikyuu-bu seems to be a good performer for Jump+ and decent start for Koi Goku no Toshi.
Kaibutsu Shoujo and Hina Change flopped, while the Infamous Jump Newbie Trio all slipped even more. Yikes.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Are there are good discussion threads for WSJ in general? I understand the clarification on the rules here but I wish there was some place on the internet for just discussing WSJ and all of its series in one place. I think there was Crunchyroll's TOC discussion but it was kinda dead when I came here, and of course 4chan's WSJ threads but those are mostly when spoilers for the whole magazine releases.

Any suggestions? Please spoon feed me.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Just caught up with double taisei. This shit fucking rocks. No matter how this manga ends up to be, I will always remember it. Truly the misunderstood genius of our time.
Also, Hata is a fucking madlad.
Everyone should read this mad masterpiece. Or at least skip forward see other Tendo generation characters. Seriously, everyone has to read this manga.

Yeah, if the series could've removed all the pointless, confusing drama from the first volume and had the Tendo generation thing start around chapter 3, I think the series would've stood a much better chance at surviving. By the time it got good, too many potential readers were already scared off. Random fact I just learned the other day, but the author's older sibling is a tattoo artist, which may be why he seems to be able to do such excellent drawings for gothic lace clothing and piercings.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Light novel sales don't add to manga sales though,


----

Btw i don't know if anyone knows this but it seems Naruto and Dragon Ball lost their third and second position in highest sales in manga history to Golgo manga.


It is a great feat for a dark & seinen manga.
I think they do especially to know backstory of one of OP's beloved characters.

Idk about that as DBS and Boruto are still selling and don't they count other merchandise into those sales from what I heard? Think they do.

Golgo though I am aware what's it is like and respect it being one of few manga series over 100 million Mark.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think they do especially to know backstory of one of OP's beloved characters.

Idk about that as DBS and Boruto are still selling and don't they count other merchandise into those sales from what I heard? Think they do.

Golgo though I am aware what's it is like and respect it being one of few manga series over 100 million Mark.
That is added to light novel sales,light novels don't add to manga sales.


And Golgo reached 280 Million.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
I think they do especially to know backstory of one of OP's beloved characters.

Idk about that as DBS and Boruto are still selling and don't they count other merchandise into those sales from what I heard? Think they do.

Golgo though I am aware what's it is like and respect it being one of few manga series over 100 million Mark.
Well then we also should add Kimetsu novels sales. And those sold 400 000.
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think they do especially to know backstory of one of OP's beloved characters.

Idk about that as DBS and Boruto are still selling and don't they count other merchandise into those sales from what I heard? Think they do.

Golgo though I am aware what's it is like and respect it being one of few manga series over 100 million Mark.
The merchandise counts for a completely different chart and last year OP came in third place on that chart. We are talking about manga sales here. Oricon wouldn't change its rules just so OP could benefit from them.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Just caught up with double taisei. This shit fucking rocks. No matter how this manga ends up to be, I will always remember it. Truly the misunderstood genius of our time.
Also, Hata is a fucking madlad.
Everyone should read this mad masterpiece. Or at least skip forward see other Tendo generation characters. Seriously, everyone has to read this manga.

Is that sarcasm or are you serious?:neutral
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Are there are good discussion threads for WSJ in general? I understand the clarification on the rules here but I wish there was some place on the internet for just discussing WSJ and all of its series in one place. I think there was Crunchyroll's TOC discussion but it was kinda dead when I came here, and of course 4chan's WSJ threads but those are mostly when spoilers for the whole magazine releases.

Any suggestions? Please spoon feed me.
While I understand your desire to discuss all the WSJ series in one topic, that sort of topic undermines the entire point of having designated sections on this website.

Why visit the KnY section (which just opened) when you can discuss everything you need to discuss outside of that section? And that goes for every other series and their sections.

Another problem with the idea is that, each section has designated moderators assigned to them. Having to moderate ALL series discussion in a single topic is too much for a single moderator, and actually invalidates the need for the other moderators.

Again, I understand what you're saying, but the logistics just don't work. The idea is to use the entire website, not just a single topic.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
they are prepping act age for Jump festa, perhap an announcement.
It's also just before Volume 9. I guess we can expect having a 2M announcement wraparound for the next volume aaaaaaaand it would be a really good timing to announce something at Festa. Let's cross fingers.
 

Roacher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
138
Country
Poland
Please please an anime announcement.
Imagine if AA instead anime get japanese live-action adaptation. Tell the truth I suspect AA besides anime at some point it gets live action and stage play.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
That is added to light novel sales,light novels don't add to manga sales.


And Golgo reached 280 Million.
You sure about that? As I read somewhere they add a lot of things to sales than just manga alone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well then we also should add Kimetsu novels sales. And those sold 400 000.
Not as much as compare to OP novel though if it's anything like manga volumes, then expect another 1 million - 2 millions+ added too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The merchandise counts for a completely different chart and last year OP came in third place on that chart. We are talking about manga sales here. Oricon wouldn't change its rules just so OP could benefit from them.
Never said they are changing rules, but I heard they count more than manga sales in overall results on sales for an series, so thought that was the case on merchandise based of the manga that counted for it is what I am saying.

Again, I give props to DS, but don't see it as surpassing OP overall especially when it's not trying and it needed every volume to compete in trying to past it's yearly marks and Oda didn't do natural 4 volumes or more per-year compare to it's schedule. Just being realistic as I do see it one of the top series, but don't see it ever truly overcoming OP down the line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top