Games Mafia Game 76 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo - END GAME

Who is your MVP of MG76?

  • Seraph

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GajeelNashi

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Vandred

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Copy Panda

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • digitaldude

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Crescent Jinx

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lady pompom

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gnut

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kato756

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nii

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • SonOfDaws

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arjuna

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holt

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • shinobi

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Farfalla

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belserion

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • desin24

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gryffindor

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lambu

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Maybe he'll jinx me instead :blushbirb



Should have gotten an innocent child stand, Host-sama, confirm me.



So you think that they used someone other then the janitor on the first night?
Well, if it was the janitor the role of the dead person should appear as ?????, it shouldn´t reveal and Daws looked pretty much revealed to me.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As opposed to someone who only said his role is passive? :fan You and I have revealed the exact same amount of info - everything about the Stand, almost nothing about the role. I'm in no rush to give anything else, so go ahead and vote me if you feel like it. I didn't hold the poisoning against you, won't be mad about this much either :nerd
I'm not here trying to lynch you, but to get at least a "feel" for your role, something concrete xD It seems you missed the info I gave from the last dayphase: I said it's one of the classic roles that has always been around since I first joined mafia games. That already removes a huge chunk of possible roles I would say. Feeling like revealing at least a little bit now? :p

Don't really get the "in no rush" part, if you're townie you should at least give a bit of info, if only so that we can sniff out mafia members more easily. It's Day 4 already.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
That's a lot of passive claims lying around... I don't suppose PGO is one of those two roles?
Indeed it is. An no I'm not PGO, why? Wanted to know if its ok to target me at night? :rolleyes:

I am not so sure about janitor being a stand ability, but what I know is that mafia does like to "hide" their janitor on 1st night sometimes, only killing with them from 2nd night on. I don^t think I would have an investigator role if there was only a stand janitor, more likely the role janitor or role + janitor stand
Eh, I can only remember once instance where a Mafia team intentionally refused to use their Janitor, and only then it was because they were blocked on the first night, ironically back in Game 60 (Ace Attorney), so I wouldn't say its common.

I don't think you would either, which is where we differ, I think it's stand, you think its role.

Lady pompom said:
:lambirb Yeah... On how you are trying to insist on no investigator role, I wonder if you^re not the janitor in person.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
?

Not really insisting, I even said there should be an Investigator last Day Phase.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,814
Gender
Female
Country
China
Can one still use their stand as an illusion?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Indeed it is. An no I'm not PGO, why? Wanted to know if its ok to target me at night? :rolleyes:



Eh, I can only remember once instance where a Mafia team intentionally refused to use their Janitor, and only then it was because they were blocked on the first night, ironically back in Game 60 (Ace Attorney), so I wouldn't say its common.

I don't think you would either, which is where we differ, I think it's stand, you think its role.



?

Not really insisting, I even said there should be an Investigator last Day Phase.
really?

t this point, Janitor was probs a stand ability, makes more sense to have an Investigator stand as opposed to an Investigator role. Meh.
ah it makes sense, but as a role? Assuming the Janitor kill was a stand you're going to have your role be something that could be useless because anything can happen to the Stand Wielder, what if they were lynched D1, got Assassin killed or something, now the Investigator's role in the game is null and void. Makes more sense having Investigator as a stand ability, but meh. Investigator and Mortician :grumble
Just today you already told twice on how it makes more sense it´s an investigator stand instead of a role, and I know my role, which makes me believe no way the roles was here just for a stand.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If there was only a janitor stand, then the mortician stand + an investigator stand would make more sense, which is why I believe there is a janitor. I don^t think Gry would put roles that could become obsolete the moment the stands are used once. (with the chance that people don´´t even get to use the stand)
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Yes.



Lady pompom said:
Just today you already told twice on how it makes more sense it´s an investigator stand instead of a role, and I know my role, which makes me believe no way the roles was here just for a stand.
Yes, like I just said, you think its a Janitor role so having Investigator role makes sense to you. To me, with the lack of Janitor kills, I feel its a stand so having a role dedicated to a stand whose usage is never guaranteed doesn't make sense to me, thus it would make more sense as a Stand. Not sure what the confusion is, already said that's where we disagree. It's not like I'm saying 100% I'm correct, so I say its a bit flimsy when you say I'm insisting.



Lady pompom said:
If there was only a janitor stand, then the mortician stand + an investigator stand would make more sense, which is why I believe there is a janitor. I don^t think Gry would put roles that could become obsolete the moment the stands are used once. (with the chance that people don´´t even get to use the stand)
Well, we do have a Mortician stand in the game apparently so...
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Should have gotten an innocent child stand, Host-sama, confirm me.
This is a joke btw. Before someone takes it seriously.

Well, if it was the janitor the role of the dead person should appear as ?????, it shouldn´t reveal and Daws looked pretty much revealed to me.
I meant more as if you thought the janitor got blocked on the first night or if they aimed for Daws with the non-janitor killer?

Eh, I can only remember once instance where a Mafia team intentionally refused to use their Janitor, and only then it was because they were blocked on the first night, ironically back in Game 60 (Ace Attorney), so I wouldn't say its common.
In full metal alchemist, DD killed on N1. We didn’t use Belserion. Right @Belserion and @Vandred?
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'm not here trying to lynch you, but to get at least a "feel" for your role, something concrete xD It seems you missed the info I gave from the last dayphase: I said it's one of the classic roles that has always been around since I first joined mafia games. That already removes a huge chunk of possible roles I would say. Feeling like revealing at least a little bit now? :p

Don't really get the "in no rush" part, if you're townie you should at least give a bit of info, if only so that we can sniff out mafia members more easily. It's Day 4 already.
Fairly sure most passive roles have been around for ages, so that doesn't do much to distinguish them unless you mean the very first ones. Mine is similar in that case, a staple role that's been present since way back and appears in most games... more or less.

It's Day 4, true, but I'd argue that the nightkill count must mean the mafia is having a hard time figuring out things themselves (hopefully). I'll say more if I feel like it'll help, but for now I really think it won't.


Indeed it is. An no I'm not PGO, why? Wanted to know if its ok to target me at night? :rolleyes:
It was a semi-rhetorical question about gnut's claim, mostly. Won't lie though, since shinobi's claimed the same combo I've been wondering what kind of roles would fit. Funnily enough there weren't any passive + passive pairs in the first JoJo game, but it definitely looks like Gry got creative this time around lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Well, we do have a Mortician stand in the game apparently so...
And I am telling my role is an investigator and gave my results. Just wait until janitor tries to kill me and hide my role with their ???? :shootme

It could be that mafia went for Farfy either because they knew her role and wanted to kill her to disguise as her later or they were afraid she would mean trouble in later days, especially with her passive claim.

I meant more as if you thought the janitor got blocked on the first night or if they aimed for Daws with the non-janitor killer?
I am not quite sure which roles mafia team has... Because of the stands... But either Daws was targeted or he just hid badly behind a mafia (it also kills him if he hides behind someone from the killer´s team).

Thinking on how Gry overlooked Daws death at first, would make more sense if it was the use of a stand but could also be the messing up the names means he hid behind mafia.

The lack of deaths this night tho makes me wonder who the mafia was targetting... If our docs (or posisibly a stand) protected whoever was targeted to die or if the survival was the work of a passive stand like bulletproof.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Just correcting my post, @Crescent Jinx daws was either targeted (and hid behind a mafia) or he was killed by some stand activation.
 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Fairly sure most passive roles have been around for ages, so that doesn't do much to distinguish them unless you mean the very first ones. Mine is similar in that case, a staple role that's been present since way back and appears in most games... more or less.

It's Day 4, true, but I'd argue that the nightkill count must mean the mafia is having a hard time figuring out things themselves (hopefully). I'll say more if I feel like it'll help, but for now I really think it won't.



It was a semi-rhetorical question about gnut's claim, mostly. Won't lie though, since shinobi's claimed the same combo I've been wondering what kind of roles would fit. Funnily enough there weren't any passive + passive pairs in the first JoJo game, but it definitely looks like Gry got creative this time around lol
Don't think you'd find it interesting, though it might be useful in figuring some things out.


And I am telling my role is an investigator and gave my results. Just wait until janitor tries to kill me and hide my role with their ???? :shootme
If that happens, then you were right and I was wrong.


Lady pompom said:
The lack of deaths this night tho makes me wonder who the mafia was targetting... If our docs (or posisibly a stand) protected whoever was targeted to die or if the survival was the work of a passive stand like bulletproof.
Why does it have to be a BP stand? Can't it be BP passive role? Know something we don't :grumble
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Still want to hear more from other people, will most likely come back tomorrow, but may check later the thread.

Don't think you'd find it interesting, though it might be useful in figuring some things out.




If that happens, then you were right and I was wrong.




Why does it have to be a BP stand? Can't it be BP passive role? Know something we don't :grumble
no, it could be a stand too, given how we do have some passive stands.

the only thing I know that you don’t is the detective role I got as result from Farfy last night :oh
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Inbefore gnut, Vandred and Gryffindor are the remaining mafia members :rolleyes:

Also not sure what's the point in discussing past games now, guys...

I'm starting to wonder if we have any detectives at all (besides Lala potentially), because it still doesn't look like anyone has found out anything useful. We're still pretty much fumbling in the dark bc most people hardly talk =/
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Just correcting my post, @Crescent Jinx daws was either targeted (and hid behind a mafia) or he was killed by some stand activation.
I think that’s what we are all tying to figure out. The mortician stand result points at that a role didn’t kill him. But a stand is likely. But reading Panda’a question, he could have maybe been illusioned?

Can one still use their stand as an illusion?
You think SS? I would think Santa would fit better in this game with the presents mixed in with Stands. If SS, they probably got me just like you did that last game when you were SS with my early reveal. So you think your results came because of an SS kill

be lost/changed.
Hmmm it says in OP that stands can’t be lost or changed, I was thinking this might be like the Santa present from Overlord. Where gnut got his role changed to freeman. Guess it wouldn’t apply to SS.

The mafia would probably have a better idea which is in the game considering that in Overlord, they started losing roles and figured there was a SS before everyone else. I don’t remember if they realized a Santa was in the game. The general atmosphere feels a bit like that game, small number of deaths and

Yeah I remember my epic fail. Didn't use my ability even once iirc. I don't remember why we didn't use it though.
Think that time we were scared of losing that role early. That might have been the psychological issue this game as well. On D1, there was also talk of things like Daw’s Bomb Defuser saying there were bomb in the game and talk of a PGO. Pom’s reasoning could be legit.
Inbefore gnut, Vandred and Gryffindor are the remaining mafia members :rolleyes:

Also not sure what's the point in discussing past games now, guys...

I'm starting to wonder if we have any detectives at all (besides Lala potentially), because it still doesn't look like anyone has found out anything useful. We're still pretty much fumbling in the dark bc most people hardly talk =/
Most people wait for those D3-4 Detective reveals in games. It’s why some hosts like vandred don’t even like putting detectives in games anymore.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
@desin24 your play is awfully reminiscient of the past few games where you've been mafia. My instinct feels pretty strongly you're mafia again trying to cruise per usual. Are you going to say anything at all.

votekill desin24! Maybe this will get your attention

@gnut I have never known you to be so absent from a game tbh. I get that it's work, it just feels a bit strange though. What are your thoughts so far? Who do you suspect? Why didn't you call out seraph yesterday? seems like the typical play you'd call out.

@Vandred you claimed spy right? or was that as a stand? Did you discover anything last night?

@Belserion you're here now.. what are your thoughts? You were more or less on the same page about seraph, perhaps you have another hunch that could get us somewhere?

@Arjuna just...do something?

@GajeelNashi anything to say? we're at D4 already

Actually I think I'll just look back over the role hints...perhaps I can find something. It just feels like a lot of effort when so little is happening
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also the lack of kills is worrying. I'd rather like to believe something else is going on underground that some mystery doc being repeatedly lucky.
@Spirit we're at D4 already. At which point will your role/stand being the same stop being a barrier to you saying anything? Don't you have any interesting results that could through throw some light on our situation?

Edit: typo
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@Belserion you're here now.. what are your thoughts? You were more or less on the same page about seraph, perhaps you have another hunch that could get us somewhere?
The situation with seraph was too obvious to ignore. Townie Seraph is much more involved so his absence and aggression just made him look uncomfortable in his own skin. It was mostly my gut but then you came in with the clutch so that was lucky. The only other person that I get a similar vibe from is Gryff which is why I poked him about the hint. He slides by way too easily with not sharing even the smallest detail about himself, yet uses the hints and reveals from other people to make his deductions. Not sharing means he can't get caught in a lie is the way I see it. Townie gryff is usually a Mafia hunter but this game he's all "eh" and "meh", maybe it's because the game is slow so he's bored, and I'm not knocking his activity because he's most likely posted more than I have, but it's the content. When you keep taking and taking but not giving, something's up. But then again this is a repetitive argument that's been happening with me and Gryff in most games we've played together so for now it's just a slight ringing for me.

Would love to hear actual thoughts from @Arjuna and also from @GajeelNashi . Maybe they have another angle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top