Chapter Tower of God Chapter 459 Spoilers & Discussion

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
What? I remember the fight with Daniel at train city, where it was explained that Bam took i don't know how many different classes of martial arts. You have Daniel commenting that Bam took all those techniques and mixed it together to something new. So saying that he has got no close range attacks is just not true.
That's low-tier stuff that isn't going to do much of anything against a Ranker though, forget about Kallavan. His conventional martial arts are good for slapping Regulars about and little more.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think Red Thryssa might be an A rank Hook weapon. It cuts high rankers with ease and can kill imortals. It is likely what SIU had in mind when he said Bam would get a weapon eventually.
The red thrysa is a claw rather than any of those things... So.... it'll probably do whatever siu wants it to do. That said, I don't think the endgame here will be just the thrysa acting as a sword or spear, even if it can do both. So far bam has shown he isn't exactly competent with its usage yet and has merely achieved a partial release. When bam gets to the full release.... perhaps even of both thrysas it's bound to appear as a bonafide full on monster. And bam isn't lacking weapons anyways... He has the orb and the black march.

I'd also point out the thrysa as a hook doesn't make sense. On account of it having that sharp an edge and not being hook shaped. Given the functionality we have seen the red thrysa works best as a sword or needle... with a possibility of it also working like a spear provided it has the range for it.
 

xGen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
17
Age
31
Country
Denmark
I t
So it's White vs Kallavan. Hopefully, we will get to see that fight in the next chapter(s). It could show us just where exactly White stands right now.
And the clone sure seems to be in control , butchering all those no names as a warm up (maybe they did not knock on his door in the past?).
So either she is more similar to White than i thought (regarding their personality), or her "control" is at the least very limited.





haha yes, i stand corrected. Now i wonder why the fish gave his warning in the first place. And i hope it will come to the point where the fish is like "whatever man, i told you so, now burn mothe*******."
Seems like fish can take over body of a person who has it. But Khun is bit diffirent, his ice atribute or whatever that ice is, should be like a key to keep that thing under control.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Guys, does rak possesses ruel mon's ancient spear or not? I see he still wields the mad shocker so I'm not sure.
He threw it at doom a while back but we never saw him get it back. So no idea. I assume the spear will be somewhere in the cage though.
 

Wha

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
1,017
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
That low tier stuff is likely part of the reason he was able to dodge one of Data Zahards punches.
It's part of his base. He probably needs more strength to utilize it to the fullest, but saying they don't count at all?

Imagine someone with a body like Kallavans or Jinsungs, or Data Zahard, using the exact same techniques in close combat like Bam did in his fight with Daniel (by example). I imagine that the outcome would be quite different.

So Bam doesn't need new hand to hand techniques (in my opinion). If he needs anything, it would be more strength to back them up (and i think he is slowly getting there)


edit: forgot to quote you ^^ @King Dryst
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Seems like fish can take over body of a person who has it. But Khun is bit diffirent, his ice atribute or whatever that ice is, should be like a key to keep that thing under control.
Why do you think it can control people?
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Bam didn't really do that much dodging when it comes to the battle with data zahard IIRC. Zahard getting anywhere near bam was always bad for bam. The only exception IIRC was when bam went for a floral butterfly which zahard retreated from. Bam has decent technique when it comes to hand to hand combat but he ultimately lacks the specks to excel at this, at least at this point in the story. To succeed at hand to hang combat you need high physical strength and/or shinsoo qualities. Ideally you'd have both of those. However at this point in the story it doesn't look like bam has either. His physical strength is still characterized as "has improved" and he doesn't have a reinforcement shinsoo quality, just the orb so far. And most of bam's close range feats end up involving the floral butterfly which is more of a shinsoo move than a martial arts move. Bam will likely eventually have high physical strength and might find a type of reinforcement which better suits him but at the moment he probably won't be competitive in fistfights against people in his tier.
 

Wha

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
1,017
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Bam didn't really do that much dodging when it comes to the battle with data zahard IIRC.
That low tier stuff is likely part of the reason he was able to dodge one of Data Zahards punches.
It was right at the beginning. After he dodged, Zahard punched him away and apologized afterwards for getting carried away.



And most of bam's close range feats end up involving the floral butterfly which is more of a shinsoo move than a martial arts move.
So Kallavan's atomic punch is more a shinsoo attack than a punch? Shinsoo is everywhere in the tower, and it gets used in close combat as well. Even Data Zahard did that (his golden "aura" - internal shinsoo control (?) - would be one example).
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So Kallavan's atomic punch is more a shinsoo attack than a punch? Shinsoo is everywhere in the tower, and it gets used in close combat as well. Even Data Zahard did that (his golden "aura" - internal shinsoo control (?) - would be one example).
Sure, but the floral butterfly isn't that sort of attack. The floral butterfly is a technique which uses flow control and reserve flow control to tear up your enemy from the inside. The amount of physical strength it requires is invariably zero and it also doesn't requires martial arts to use. It barely even requires the user to touch the target. Of course, having high physical strength, reinforcement or martial arts would help you deliver the floral butterfly but the technique itself does not have a physical component to it. zahard's iron fist technique is even a version of the technique which can be performed at a range....

And regarding kallavan.... I won't deny there is ambiguity regarding where some things stand (what is the essence of bravery? is it a type of reinforcement?). My take on the technique you mention is that it is basically a combination of kallavan's physical strength and the EOB. Which add up for devastating effect... and.... on top of that there might or not be reinforcement to further make the attack itself a bastard.

So.... both techniques are substantially different. Bam is still a character that has to work his way around his still inherent physical weakness. And his fighting styles and techniques show that considering bam does not evidence being particularly close to being able to defeat anyone in his tier via punching him. Kallavan in turn fights via abusing his physical strength and combining it with his essence of bravery. Bam fights knowing a single punch can end him. Kallavan fights knowing he can take a punch. Bam's more powerful attacks largely require no strength whatsoever. Bam might as well be made out of paper and never have thrown a punch and it would have zero effect on his floral butterfly.
 

darkraoul

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
325
Reaction score
184
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Actually White has potential to be the worst type of enemy for Kallavan in his situation. He literally have one side wide open that he cant protect since his arm is sealed. White use arie swordstyle that attact from every angle and cant be read like mascheeny said.
 

Madelin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
187
Reaction score
189
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Baam can take a hit even from Urek, he's no pushover when it comes to trading blows.

Martial art is a collection of technique, reverse flow is a technique. Same thing different jargon hence don't think that 'reverse flow require no martial art' is anywhere near accurate

EoB to Kallavan is akin to thorn to Baam, methinks
 

Jedikos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2019
Messages
512
Reaction score
845
Age
26
Country
Ghana
He threw it at doom a while back but we never saw him get it back. So no idea. I assume the spear will be somewhere in the cage though.
Rak went with it to the walls, he was holding it when they were about to be teleported by Myan, probably left it in the ship.
 

haus973

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2015
Messages
493
Reaction score
148
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Latvia
Ahahhah lol i now understand why you was keep saying those bullshit argument . And for you information you are one znof the very few who find Solo leveling blringv. It as a hihe sucess ,but now that i know that it is because you don"t like hax character , i understand . But Baam will become more and more like that . He specially introduce red T to combine all is power . And he has said that through Baam rehular master that Baam peogress will accelerate even more .
Like seriously,the only reason Solo Leveling is as popular as it is,is because of the art,the story is cliche as all hell,and everyone that say otherwise is either a liar or needs to reed more Korean web novels.
 

xGen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
17
Age
31
Country
Denmark
That low tier stuff is likely part of the reason he was able to dodge one of Data Zahards punches.
It's part of his base. He probably needs more strength to utilize it to the fullest, but saying they don't count at all?

Imagine someone with a body like Kallavans or Jinsungs, or Data Zahard, using the exact same techniques in close combat like Bam did in his fight with Daniel (by example). I imagine that the outcome would be quite different.

So Bam doesn't need new hand to hand techniques (in my opinion). If he needs anything, it would be more strength to back them up (and i think he is slowly getting there)


edit: forgot to quote you ^^ @King Dryst
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Why do you think it can control people?
Good point, i know there was someone going crazy using that power... Just figured he was controled, or consumed. 😅
Also Khun accepted his family power in data world, (he took a speer) but said he wanted something “more him” cause he was never guy for front lines. So guess that flame fits perfectly. Thats just my opinion

3 of them should be epic team
Bam is crazy strong
Khun is even harder to deal with now. 😂
And Rak with his power of aincent.
(Im interested what kind of form will his partial relise take.. he should get that power up soon)
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
Actually White has potential to be the worst type of enemy for Kallavan in his situation. He literally have one side wide open that he cant protect since his arm is sealed. White use arie swordstyle that attact from every angle and cant be read like mascheeny said.
It's actually the opposite. Kallavan is the worst type of enemy for White. The 'trick' to dealing with Arie swordsmanship, according to what Maschenny told Ran in the past, is to not attempt to dodge it but rather to just tank the hits and counterattack. But there aren't too many people who could survive doing that against one of White's caliber. Kallavan is without question among that number. I doubt whether White even has the capacity to hurt him in the slightest.
 

EternalWinter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
3,889
Age
35
Country
United States
It's actually the opposite. Kallavan is the worst type of enemy for White. The 'trick' to dealing with Arie swordsmanship, according to what Maschenny told Ran in the past, is to not attempt to dodge it but rather to just tank the hits and counterattack. But there aren't too many people who could survive doing that against one of White's caliber. Kallavan is without question among that number. I doubt whether White even has the capacity to hurt him in the slightest.
See you took a valid pt and likely made it invalid with the over kill "in the slightest"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So it's White vs Kallavan. Hopefully, we will get to see that fight in the next chapter(s). It could show us just where exactly White stands right now.
And the clone sure seems to be in control , butchering all those no names as a warm up (maybe they did not knock on his door in the past?).
So either she is more similar to White than i thought (regarding their personality), or her "control" is at the least very limited.





haha yes, i stand corrected. Now i wonder why the fish gave his warning in the first place. And i hope it will come to the point where the fish is like "whatever man, i told you so, now burn mothe*******."
The Clone likes Baam. Whites dislikes baam but respects him. Neither of them are nice people, and all 5 of the siblings wanna kill their dad. She had no problem with him eating those two shit rankers who attacked him when sleeping. If anything she's gonna tell him not to be stupid like he was at last station
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hello, this is SIU. This week I drew Dowon. I wanted her to look beautiful and eyecatching, I hope she is. Also, I decided to blaze it and bought another high end SSD, but apparently it's not compatible with the motherboard. So now I'm in this weird situation where I'm looking to buy a new computer just for my SSD. I mean, your data's precious, so haha.

This week, since it's just before the battle, we have a lot of dialogue. Something like White and Hatsu's conversation wasn't entirely necessary, but they're both swordsmen, and I wanted to show what kind of a conversation they would have when the two met. Well, they aren't talking too much about the martial art of swords because I'm actually not too well-versed in that department, so it will probably focus entirely on the most fundamental idea of the sword as a tool of combat.

I don't know if you noticed, but there is a shift in White's attitude towards Baam. We don't know if it was after that conversation with Rachel, but whereas before, he treated him like someone he disliked or felt was incompatible with, but now, he seems to be finding similarities between them. He says Baam is overflowing with talent unlike Hatsu, he offers to tell him how to "set a blaze" himself. It's like a workplace senior teaching him how to smoke. What a bad guy hehe. That's how much Baam and white are at the poles with one another. Anyway, I did want to put in White interacting with Baam's party at some point, and that some point became now. This is what happens when you get characters that normally wouldn't interact with each other together, it seems.

Kallavan and Ha Cheonhi's conversation is a foundation for the coming narrative. This arc isn't necessarily to show Kallavan's human side, but it is indeed to show him as a multi-faceted person. That's not to say he's very human, there's more precision to him. I hope you keep an eye on this narrative.

After Sowo's line, we have the beginning of a flashback. It may seem sudden, but it serves a role in the coming battle, and these people can give a hint into the past, so I will be drawing briefly what happened in the past . It won't be a long story, but I hop you look forward to it.

This week's chapter also had a bit of an extra from the Preview Release, and this was following adjustments I made for the next chapter's release. Even for you Preview Readers, I hope you guys enjoy the added content next week as well.

Even though I've been posting here for a long time know, I've been wishing often these days how I wish I can always stay true to where I started. I hope I always have the positive anticipation for new readers, and to create a work that the readers will have that feeling for every chapter, but it's not easy, so as time goes on, I think that thoughts of disappointment can grow. I hear many constructive criticism and compliments, but I often feel I don't meet the standards set by popular expectation or the attention. I don't necessarily wish to craft the a masterpiece, but I do hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.

And with that, next week I will come with the waltz of the flower and the giant snake, as well as Baam being influenced by White the hooligan. I hope you have a healthy and happy weak!

Thank you!

PS: Today I Learned that you are not supposed to use the humidifier and the air filter at the same time. My air filter was going crazy...



translation of siu blog from adio
 

cash2088

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
812
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cape Verde
Now weve got some news and possibility regarding many theories about canne and dowon.

In the latest official translation canne name actually is khane, then google does the rest about this 2 sister : diwan and khane

Diwan khane is a persian phrase. Translates roughly as hall of political affair or court house
Uh oh......

Interesting and would make sense.... To keep a consistent theme in naming.
 

Pbgustang

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2018
Messages
392
Reaction score
722
Age
37
Country
Indonesia
Yea cash2088..as youve been discussing it with jubei in crazy details. Now it is very unlikely about flower names thus evenmore of a stretch to say it has connection with eurassia blossom, based on previous thought proccess

But like jubei, i too am enjoy making guesses and imaginary correlation of things.... Like id still prefer to think that dowon/diwan and khane have blood relation with eurasia even if siu likely would say nothing further about their family. Let say descendant of blossom's 23th cousin or something 😆. But unlike jubei and you whom backs their statements with fact and/or strong indications each time thoroughly, this time i dont really need facts or strong clue; i just feel like to think that way. Afterall in this tower, the crazy strong ones are always someone who have connection/related to with 13GW, 3 lords, ancients power, native one, admin, and workshop... Never a complete nobody.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah i forgot irregulars
 
Last edited:

EternalWinter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2019
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
3,889
Age
35
Country
United States
Yea..as youve been discussing it with jubei in crazy details. Now it is very unlikely about flower names thus evenmore of a stretch to say it has connection with eurassia blossom, based on previous thought proccess

But like jubei, i too am enjoy making guesses and imaginary correlation of things.... Like id still prefer to think that dowon/diwan and khane have blood relation with eurasia even if siu likely would say nothing further about their family. Let say descendant of blossom's 23th cousin or something 😆. But unlike jubei and you whom backs their statements with fact and/or strong indications each time thoroughly, this time i dont really need facts or strong clue; i just feel like to think that way. Afterall in this tower, the crazy strong ones are always someone who have connection/related to with 13GW, 3 lords, ancients power, native one, admin, and workshop... Never a complete nobody.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah i forgot irregulars
The whole related to Royalty thing makes me sorta wanna think it. But I don't see Blossom being an enemy of Baam by the end of the story

I hop you're right
 

Jedikos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2019
Messages
512
Reaction score
845
Age
26
Country
Ghana
See you took a valid pt and likely made it invalid with the over kill "in the slightest"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



The Clone likes Baam. Whites dislikes baam but respects him. Neither of them are nice people, and all 5 of the siblings wanna kill their dad. She had no problem with him eating those two shit rankers who attacked him when sleeping. If anything she's gonna tell him not to be stupid like he was at last station
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hello, this is SIU. This week I drew Dowon. I wanted her to look beautiful and eyecatching, I hope she is. Also, I decided to blaze it and bought another high end SSD, but apparently it's not compatible with the motherboard. So now I'm in this weird situation where I'm looking to buy a new computer just for my SSD. I mean, your data's precious, so haha.

This week, since it's just before the battle, we have a lot of dialogue. Something like White and Hatsu's conversation wasn't entirely necessary, but they're both swordsmen, and I wanted to show what kind of a conversation they would have when the two met. Well, they aren't talking too much about the martial art of swords because I'm actually not too well-versed in that department, so it will probably focus entirely on the most fundamental idea of the sword as a tool of combat.

I don't know if you noticed, but there is a shift in White's attitude towards Baam. We don't know if it was after that conversation with Rachel, but whereas before, he treated him like someone he disliked or felt was incompatible with, but now, he seems to be finding similarities between them. He says Baam is overflowing with talent unlike Hatsu, he offers to tell him how to "set a blaze" himself. It's like a workplace senior teaching him how to smoke. What a bad guy hehe. That's how much Baam and white are at the poles with one another. Anyway, I did want to put in White interacting with Baam's party at some point, and that some point became now. This is what happens when you get characters that normally wouldn't interact with each other together, it seems.

Kallavan and Ha Cheonhi's conversation is a foundation for the coming narrative. This arc isn't necessarily to show Kallavan's human side, but it is indeed to show him as a multi-faceted person. That's not to say he's very human, there's more precision to him. I hope you keep an eye on this narrative.

After Sowo's line, we have the beginning of a flashback. It may seem sudden, but it serves a role in the coming battle, and these people can give a hint into the past, so I will be drawing briefly what happened in the past . It won't be a long story, but I hop you look forward to it.

This week's chapter also had a bit of an extra from the Preview Release, and this was following adjustments I made for the next chapter's release. Even for you Preview Readers, I hope you guys enjoy the added content next week as well.

Even though I've been posting here for a long time know, I've been wishing often these days how I wish I can always stay true to where I started. I hope I always have the positive anticipation for new readers, and to create a work that the readers will have that feeling for every chapter, but it's not easy, so as time goes on, I think that thoughts of disappointment can grow. I hear many constructive criticism and compliments, but I often feel I don't meet the standards set by popular expectation or the attention. I don't necessarily wish to craft the a masterpiece, but I do hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.

And with that, next week I will come with the waltz of the flower and the giant snake, as well as Baam being influenced by White the hooligan. I hope you have a healthy and happy weak!

Thank you!

PS: Today I Learned that you are not supposed to use the humidifier and the air filter at the same time. My air filter was going crazy...



translation of siu blog from adio
Thank you.
This blog post is early, it's chapter hasn't been released officially yet, or is it somewhere else other than on Webtoon?

Anyway, it seems SIU means to be saying he has added extra content to the chapters we complained about. I look forward to the official release to enjoy the added panels.
 
Top