Zipman!: The brothers don’t feel like brothers to me. The characters are too one note at the moment, I find, and they largely act like acquaintances. The hints towards the overarching plot does intrigue me, and the art’s still pretty darn good, so I’ll stick around.
Agravity Boys: It’s not offensively bad, so I apologize for worrying about that before the chapter came out, but it is still bad. Overall, it kind of just fails at being a first chapter, honestly. Doesn’t know what it wants to be, and it doesn’t do any of its aspects (sci-fi or comedy) well. The art can be nice when it wants to be, and Chris is literally the only character I can tolerate. But other than that, it just kind of sucks.
To be fair, I had started reading the chapter and it was one of the first things that happens. Chris makes a point of saying that even if one of them become a girl, the gene pool between the 4 of them to sustain humanity, which is true. Yet they get to the planet through a black hole, which rips everything it sucks apart. Why don’t they just go through a wormhole or just get out of cryo-sleep? It strikes me as inconsistent, but perhaps there’s something I’m not getting. XD