Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Talking about current or next year using the fiscal method is confusing to other members or people checking the thread, so i think you guys should be more clear when talking about 2019 or 2020
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
The Yuuna chapter was uh....interesting... The hands imagery reminded me of Netero from Hunter x Hunter, then I started to get depressed because I got reminded of the hiatus.......

Both Neveland and Bokuben really seem to be in their endgames, I think they'll be gone by mid 2020.
Do you think Jump will start to push Chainsaw more once they end?

I'm also suprised by Mitama's improved reputation, maybe I should give it a shot now.

Oh, and this is my first post here, I pardon if I didn't make a formal introduction. I've lurked for a while and I just now decided to register.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Yuuna chapter was uh....interesting... The hands imagery reminded me of Netero from Hunter x Hunter, then I started to get depressed because I got reminded of the hiatus.......

Both Neveland and Bokuben really seem to be in their endgames, I think they'll be gone by mid 2020.
Do you think Jump will start to push Chainsaw more once they end?

I'm also suprised by Mitama's improved reputation, maybe I should give it a shot now.

Oh, and this is my first post here, I pardon if I didn't make a formal introduction. I've lurked for a while and I just now decided to register.
Neverland is already in the post endgame xD

And give it a shot, is the overall consensus that the first 3 chapters were very weak but the manga is really good/funny right now
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yunna really will end up ending after WNL at this point hahaha And months ago we were thinking that it was going to end but Miura clearly will go until he run out of ideas for chapters. Not complaining as I like it and it's still very enjoyable to read every week, even more with Miura's artstyle (and surpassed To Love Ru in all ways to me which was similar in ecchi)

Which is why I wish that Tosh comes back with a similar manga in the future as he's also a great artist and also makes some amazing female designs and bodies :P
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Yunna really will end up ending after WNL at this point hahaha And months ago we were thinking that it was going to end but Miura clearly will go until he run out of ideas for chapters. Not complaining as I like it and it's still very enjoyable to read every week, even more with Miura's artstyle (and surpassed To Love Ru in all ways to me which was similar in ecchi)

Which is why I wish that Tosh comes back with a similar manga in the future as he's also a great artist and also makes some amazing female designs and bodies :P
I'll admit that i'll be a little sad once Yuuna ends. It was my go-to manga whenever I was mentally exhausted from Hunter x Hunter rereading. Geting excited on political intrigue is nice and all, but sometimes it's fun to shut your brain with some ecchi. I didn't expect to like the manga as much as I did honestly.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Do you think Jump will start to push Chainsaw more once they end?
Im not sure, at one side, they do seem to promote chainsaw (ie. jump festa), at the other side, its permanently on mid toc like some kind of prison.
I guess that they will promote it more, but not MORE, they appreciate the sales but are wary of giving it too much visibility yet.
I wager AA will get a lot more pushing since that is much more friendly as a face for the magazine.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Forgot my opinion about some series this week:

Agravity Boys: After giving a more in depth read, i honestly don't know what is supposed to be sooo bad about it, like i said, nothing of what people were afraid happened, this is already a plus, the art is really good (the armors are super cool), the comedy can be hit or miss but that whole sequence of the guys losing their shit and screaming at each other was quite funny and i really liked Chris. If anything it was something different from what you see on Jump every round, the question is what route it will go and if the author will be able to rise the quality or just ends up being a boring series.

Zipman: After reading so many lukewarm or negative comments here i thought that chapter 2 would be bad but it was fine, maybe i kinda enjoyed a bit more than the first one? it gave me some Megaman vibes, but yes, still too typical yet, there's a lack of "something" that makes you go "wow", but we'll see

Tokyo Shinobi Squad: Well, i ended up enjoying the last chapter much more than i thought, En looking really cool, it's sad that this had so much potential but was never able to more than "nice" in terms of story, but the art, Matsuura has a hell of art, it's nice to see that despite the cancellation he never downgraded his art, is the opposite, i feel like the last chapters were the most beautiful in the series, he has a good future if paired with the right writer. I think i will give a vote for the last chapter.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
older En is one of the best older character designs in these prematurely ended series like, hot and perfect with jin and how nice he was personally taught by him ❤

Still will buy in print. Good manga deserved to be bought
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Of course i don't think Inagaki will literally show step by step the humanity getting back to that point, but i don't really see the manga ending at least in 2020, specially considering a season 2 of the anime is almost confirmed, i think that making this current arc as some "endgame" would be super underwhelming
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

older En is one of the best older character designs in these prematurely ended series like, hot and perfect with jin and how nice he was personally taught by him ❤

Still will buy in print. Good manga deserved to be bought
Yeah, older En have a really great design and is interesting that despite everything the author was able to create a believable connection between En and Jin enough to evoke some emotions when older En was basically doing for that boy what Jin did to him.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
SPYxFAMILY took #1 for manga for male readers in kono manga ga sugoi! 2020

Sayonara miniskirt took the #1 for female readers


both are Jump+ series (well sayonara miniskirt is both jump+ and ribon)

source? someone will eventually claimed it...
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Yuuna chapter was uh....interesting... The hands imagery reminded me of Netero from Hunter x Hunter, then I started to get depressed because I got reminded of the hiatus.......

Both Neveland and Bokuben really seem to be in their endgames, I think they'll be gone by mid 2020.
Do you think Jump will start to push Chainsaw more once they end?

I'm also suprised by Mitama's improved reputation, maybe I should give it a shot now.

Oh, and this is my first post here, I pardon if I didn't make a formal introduction. I've lurked for a while and I just now decided to register.
Welcome to the thread!

A Chainsaw Man push seems kind of inevitable, honestly. I'm expecting multiple covers in 2020, and maybe even an anime announcement.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Seeing how Jujutsu Kaisen and Act Age only got 2 covers during 2019, i doubt that Chainsaw Man will have any special treatment having just decent sales so far, specially when Jujutsu Kaisen will have a anime being aired and probably a lot of pushing from the editors.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Seeing how Jujutsu Kaisen and Act Age only got 2 covers during 2019, i doubt that Chainsaw Man will have any special treatment having just decent sales so far, specially when Jujutsu Kaisen will have a anime being aired and probably a lot of pushing from the editors.
There is this too.
I dont think we gonna see a big push for chainsaw man even if there is less series on the magazine.
2020 wil llikely be the year of jujutsu first, act-age second
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I heard that Chainsaw Man and Yuuna do better digitally than in print. I take this info with a bit of salt, but it does kinda make sense.
 

wothab

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
267
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I heard that Chainsaw Man and Yuuna do better digitally than in print. I take this info with a bit of salt, but it does kinda make sense.
There is no way of knowing unfortunately
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seeing how Jujutsu Kaisen and Act Age only got 2 covers during 2019, i doubt that Chainsaw Man will have any special treatment having just decent sales so far, specially when Jujutsu Kaisen will have a anime being aired and probably a lot of pushing from the editors.
There is this too.
I dont think we gonna see a big push for chainsaw man even if there is less series on the magazine.
2020 wil llikely be the year of jujutsu first, act-age second
I definitely think Act-Age and Jujutsu will get more attention than Chainsaw this year.

But "multiple covers" can mean "2 covers". It already got that many in publication year 2019. On top of that, more long-running series are set to end in 2020 than did in 2019, including series that got a large number of 2019 covers like TPN and KNY.

I don't think Chainsaw Man's full push will be in 2020, but I think it will start to build momentum this year, followed by it getting a big boost of attention in 2021.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Killing its own manga is HeroAca, bringing charas from a spinoff into canon at such a late point in a series life, what a noob move. Awful.
You do realize he was shown in MHA 6 months prior to his appearance in Vigilante, right? He was already canon.
The irony is hilarious. Iirc didn't Black Clover also shove a bunch of character from the light novel in middle of the manga with absolutely no context for manga onlies.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
The irony is hilarious. Iirc didn't Black Clover also shove a bunch of character from the light novel in middle of the manga with absolutely no context for manga onlies.
not gonna lie , I honestly thought I missed an arc, or was I soo forgetful that I can't even think of how I should knew these people. Heck, I went back and reread the manga just because I was truly lost.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
SPYxFAMILY took #1 for manga for male readers in kono manga ga sugoi! 2020

Sayonara miniskirt took the #1 for female readers


both are Jump+ series (well sayonara miniskirt is both jump+ and ribon)

source? someone will eventually claimed it...
I lurked for sayonara miniskirt and found nothing in English but some random praises and also 3 chapters translated in my mother tongue, lucky me.

not gonna lie , I honestly thought I missed an arc, or was I soo forgetful that I can't even think of how I should knew these people. Heck, I went back and reread the manga just because I was truly lost.
Stuff happening so fast in Black Clover I wished there was more sol chapters at the end of the arc to slow down the pacing, develop the characters relationship and let reader digest what just happened (like the sol chapters in Chainsawman, but for some reasons I absolutely loathe those type of chapter in One Piece).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, just found the first chapter of sayonara miniskirt in English.
I wonder if discussing Jump+ manga is off-topic. I do see people discuss Magazine Pocket stuffs in WSM thread. Don't know if that apply here.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I lurked for sayonara miniskirt and found nothing in English but some random praises and also 3 chapters translated in my mother tongue, lucky me.



Stuff happening so fast in Black Clover I wished there was more sol chapters at the end of the arc to slow down the pacing, develop the characters relationship and let reader digest what just happened (like the sol chapters in Chainsawman, but for some reasons I absolutely loathe those type of chapter in One Piece).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually, just found the first chapter of sayonara miniskirt in English.
I wonder if discussing Jump+ manga is off-topic. I do see people discuss Magazine Pocket stuffs in WSM thread. Don't know if that apply here.

I say not having a thread is fair game...

do keep in mind that this is a simultaneous publication between jump+ and ribon


also...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top