Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Five votes is sort of too much for me, even more considering they aren't weighted. The distance between the chapter I thought was the best and thought was the 5th best is way too big.
I agree. Not to mention, it removes the main reason we set the poll up the begin with, that being to replicate what JP readers do in the voting. Doing the "Five Votes" thing is a mistake, plain and simple.
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think that this week many series gave really amazing chapters, even with the increased number of votes allowed it was still difficult for me to decide.

In the end, I voted for One Piece, Mitama, MHA, Dr Stone and Zipman. I really love the new enemies' designs in Zipman.

Also, is it just me, but I think that at present, WSJ has a really strong lineup, comparable to the days of Beelzebub, Toriko, Naruto, etc
They're fantastic. A baby, a dinosaur and optimus prime on a onsen lol

 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Five votes is sort of too much for me, even more considering they aren't weighted. The distance between the chapter I thought was the best and thought was the 5th best is way too big.
I agree. Not to mention, it removes the main reason we set the poll up the begin with, that being to replicate what JP readers do in the voting. Doing the "Five Votes" thing is a mistake, plain and simple.
You guys are not changing the world with these votes, is just a fun poll and in a magazine with at least 18 different mangas, i don't see how voting in 5 is "too much", personally i'm struggling every damn week with who i should vote because 3 is just too little and decrease a lot the chances for other mangas to get voted too since is very obvious that most of users have locked series as their favorites.
 
Last edited:

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
The new MH poll is posted.

Starting this poll, we're doing five votes per person, instead of three.
Can I revote, I forgot about that and just voted 3 like usual.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You guys are not changing the world with these votes, is just a fun poll and in a magazine with at least 18 different mangas, i don't see how voting in 5 is "too much", personally i'm struggling every damn week with who i should vote because 3 is just too little and decrease a lot the chances for other mangas to get voted too since is very obvious that most of users have locked series as their favorites.
... I'm not saying I am changing the world, though? I'm just giving my opinion, I don't actually mind that much, lol.

But, regarding the other point you've made, having five votes will make it so my favorites will never be... not voted by me. Maybe One Piece won't be in my top3 some weeks, but it's pretty hard to imagine it not being at least my fifth favorite series any given week. But eh, maybe it's just that there's a smaller number of series I'm really into in comparison to the majority of this forum.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can I revote, I forgot about that and just voted 3 like usual.
I posted previously that I was going to change it, before making the poll. Anyway, unfortunately I can't, not without resetting everyone's votes.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Boy, defeating idol stuff in franchise sales is a damn great achievement.

Given the note, its no surprise that KnY is #1. It would've been nice if they included film tickets.
They definitely counted film tickets. It's the only explanation for how Kaguya position above 5toubun.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
... I'm not saying I am changing the world, though? I'm just giving my opinion, I don't actually mind that much, lol.

But, regarding the other point you've made, having five votes will make it so my favorites will never be... not voted by me. Maybe One Piece won't be in my top3 some weeks, but it's pretty hard to imagine it not being at least my fifth favorite series any given week. But eh, maybe it's just that there's a smaller number of series I'm really into in comparison to the majority of this forum.
I know, i wasn't trying to attack you guys or anything kkkkk.

About your point, this applies more if you just read few of the Jump mangas, but i don't think users are obligated to vote in 5, you can vote in 5 at most, so if you don't think 5 series deserved to be voted on X week, you can vote on just 3 of them, you see, even with more votes, 2 users already commented about being hard to vote this week due to many great chapters
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Boy, defeating idol stuff in franchise sales is a damn great achievement.



They definitely counted film tickets. It's the only explanation for how Kaguya position above 5toubun.
No...if film tickets counted then Kimetsu would definitely lose to Weathering with You & Aladdin....
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I still think the latest chapter of Yokuzura Family should have been the last chapter to end the first volume in, so 7 or 8
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Kono Manga ga Yome - THE BEST MANGA OF 2020
rankings

Spy X Family ranked 5th.
Chainsawman ranked 12th.
Sayonara miniskirt ranked 13th
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No...if film tickets counted then Kimetsu would definitely lose to Weathering with You & Aladdin....
Yeah, you're right.
Offtopic but I guess kaguya sold more Blu-ray than 5toubun then.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And guys, I definitely understand the complaints about switching the votes from three to five. I'm trying to resolve the constant tie votes we're always getting.

If, after this, we're still getting tie votes, we will switch it back. The issue may be inherent, and could be because of the relative number of voters instead of the amount of votes themselves, but we'll have to wait and see.

As Brandish said, this is a test run.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
So, having given Agravity Boys an actual read, I can safely say that my biggest issue is that everyone kinda...feels the same, I guess?

Like, putting the rather immature comedy which has heavily involved the guys acting like horny idiots and poop jokes, the issue is none of the four boys really feel like people in their own right. They all have the same background of being orphaned prodigies, they all react to things mostly the same way (unless its being directed at someone else) and they don't show many noticeable character traits. I rip on Yozakura for only writing its characters as gimmicks instead of people, but Agravity is the oppisite, its characters are so unremarkable that they blend together.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Spy X Family ranked 5th.
Chainsawman ranked 12th.
Sayonara miniskirt ranked 13th
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Yeah, you're right.
Offtopic but I guess kaguya sold more Blu-ray than 5toubun then.
Actually... no, it didn't.

Gotoubun average sales per volume: 6,719 (5,488 BDs + 1,231 DVDs)
Kaguya average sales per volume: 4,906 (4,312 BDs + 594 DVDs)


I'll stop here, though, since it is off topic. It's jsut something I found weird.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,384
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And guys, I definitely understand the complaints about switching the votes from three to five. I'm trying to resolve the constant tie votes we're always getting.

If, after this, we're still getting tie votes, we will switch it back. The issue may be inherent, and could be because of the relative number of voters instead of the amount of votes themselves, but we'll have to wait and see.

As Brandish said, this is a test run.
If the problem keeps the same, why going back to 3 then? at least with 5 we will still have more options to vote and more chances of not having so much tied series.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If the problem keeps the same, why going back to 3 then? at least with 5 we will still have more options to vote and more chances of not having so much tied series.
Well, I spoke to Brandish about it, and the number of votes may not actually be the problem. It's just something that may keep happening because we have about 100 people, more or less, that bother voting.

Like I said, we'll see how it works. If we're still getting the same number of ties, there's no reason to keep it at five, since that's literally the only reason why I increased it at all.

I wanted this to be authentic to the way WSJ does it, but with our small pool of voters, we may have to adjust.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top