Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

therocomotion

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
68
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Country
Spain
Senku at the end is really strange. Maybe WSJ stopped to try to promote the series like they did with BC after years where it was along Haikyuu, MHA and OP on covers.
Seems like Inagaki noticed a big "inconsistency" in the script and needs to rewrite a chapter accordingly, so Doctor Stone is taking a break this issue.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
I'm expecting kny volumes to peak around 2.3m before the movie is released. God knows how much further it'll increase once the movie hit the screens.
The movie might give it a strong world boost
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
OMG. Are they serializing THIS? I give up on Nakano. Bad paneling, bad art, graphic sexual assault... It's the kind of low effort content I'd expect on some minor publication, not on WSJ.
I like the art, and the paneling looks fine. I just wish the girl's boobs weren't ridiculously huge in one panel and then almost gone in the next.


Nanatsu no Taizai has things like that (or worse), but is a Shonen.

So I don't think that behavior is outside of what a Shonen can show.
Meliodas never forced his hands inside her bra, as far as I remember.

This is legitimate sexual assault. If they don't see a problem with it, I hope people will call them out on it, because this is different from panty shots or whatever.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ahhh new series but i wasnt really expecting 3, maybe some veteran in the mix? But is defeinitely a surprise that they will publish Undead Unluck, they have so many good and interesting one shots but never go for them, but gonna wait for the series of course

Meliodas never forced his hands inside her bra, as far as I remember.

This is legitimate sexual assault. If they don't see a problem with it, I hope people will call them out on it, because this is different from panty shots or whatever.
Are you sure you read Nanatsu? Kkkkkk
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Meliodas never forced his hands inside her bra, as far as I remember.

This is legitimate sexual assault. If they don't see a problem with it, I hope people will call them out on it, because this is different from panty shots or whatever.
...Last time I checked, there really isn't a nuance regarding sexual assault. You commit it, or you don't.

That said, looking at the raws, I get the impression the zombie doesn't actually understand his actions are inappropriate, which makes it...less bad, I guess?
 

NyanPower

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
773
Age
25
Country
Italy
I'm expecting kny volumes to peak around 2.3m before the movie is released. God knows how much further it'll increase once the movie hit the screens.
I don’t know, this sounds too much even for Kimetsu no Yaiba
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Idk how people are surprised that a series with a scene like that is allowed on WSJ considering that similar series had it in the past (be it ecchi focused or not) and currently, Yunna has it as well lol
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Ahhh new series but i wasnt really expecting 3, maybe some veteran in the mix? But is defeinitely a surprise that they will publish Undead Unluck, they have so many good and interesting one shots but never go for them, but gonna wait for the series of course
Some people on 4chan are speculating that the "magic school series" we are supposed to be getting in this batch could be Burn the Witch (Tite Kubo's oneshot) serialization. Crossing fingers for that but doubt it.

Though I am 100 percent certain we are getting at least 1 and maybe both veteran serializations, as Jump isn't usually secretive with newbies.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Some people on 4chan are speculating that the "magic school series" we are supposed to be getting in this batch could be Burn the Witch (Tite Kubo's oneshot) serialization. Crossing fingers for that but doubt it.

Though I am 100 percent certain we are getting at least 1 and maybe both veteran serializations, as Jump isn't usually secretive with newbies.
...Guys, why're we acting like Jump is keeping the series secret? The leaker just said that they didn't know.

Also, I doubt it's Burn the Witch. Kubo being back is something that would leak instantly.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Wait, why am I tagged when that post wasn't mine?
I'm sorry. I don't exactly know how it happened (maybe I I had quoted a message from you in the past and it mixed). I have already corrected it



Meliodas never forced his hands inside her bra, as far as I remember.

This is legitimate sexual assault. If they don't see a problem with it, I hope people will call them out on it, because this is different from panty shots or whatever.
Ah. No, I'm not going to say that if you don't put your hands inside the bra, it's less sexual assault.

And I don't even think that is a limit for Meliodas, considering he has touched Elizabeth while she is naked.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Selling 2.3 million means selling basically better than One Piece since vol 91 sold 2.3 million and it was the best selling volume of 2019, so is hard to see happening but would be insane if Yaiba outsell OP per volume

Some people on 4chan are speculating that the "magic school series" we are supposed to be getting in this batch could be Burn the Witch (Tite Kubo's oneshot) serialization. Crossing fingers for that but doubt it.

Though I am 100 percent certain we are getting at least 1 and maybe both veteran serializations, as Jump isn't usually secretive with newbies.
Damn, it would be crazy if Kubo is returning lol

Would explain why the series got basically "announced" months before starting with the assistants thing
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
just glancing through the raw the only difference I see between this and stuff in Yuuna/TLR is the guys seem to be enjoying it rather than yelling they're sorry and running off or being slapped. Obviously the intention vs accident makes the situation different but I still don't think it should be expected to be toned down. I also don't think this will be something in every chapter but more part of her backstory/motivation. Dio didn't kill a dog every week in Jojo.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
...Guys, why're we acting like Jump is keeping the series secret? The leaker just said that they didn't know.

Also, I doubt it's Burn the Witch. Kubo being back is something that would leak instantly.
Ryokutya said that the new series are unknown (は不明), and what he doesn't know is if anything gets to be axed in the next issues (which we know that isn't likely) "というか、今度は何が打ち切られるんだってばよ"
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Selling 2.3 million means selling basically better than One Piece since vol 91 sold 2.3 million and it was the best selling volume of 2019, so is hard to see happening but would be insane if Yaiba outsell OP per volume



Damn, it would be crazy if Kubo is returning lol

Would explain why the series got basically "announced" months before starting with the assistants thing
Oh you make a great point with the assistants thing here. It and only it had a public assistant call (WSJ doesn't do that plus the early timing), which means Jump wants to find the best candidates possible...which means it's supposed to be something bigger.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Idk how people are surprised that a series with a scene like that is allowed on WSJ considering that similar series had it in the past (be it ecchi focused or not) and currently, Yunna has it as well lol
I guess it's less the content and more the context. Yuuna's MC isin't going out of his way to grope the girls intentionally. This type of behavior hasn't really been seen in Jump in a while.

Dio didn't kill a dog every week in Jojo.
Dio was a dick to Johnathan the whole part though.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ryokutya said that the new series are unknown (は不明), and what he doesn't know is if anything gets to be axed in the next issues (which we know that isn't likely) "というか、今度は何が打ち切られるんだってばよ"
So Jump is teasing 3 new series in the preview for #8 but is purposely not revealing the other 2 yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top