Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 164 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
I would say Jigokuraku better fits that description more so than SxF. SxF is already a huge hit and hard to say its lurking in the shadows. Jigokuraku is doing well (around a 150k seller and growing) but obviously not as much as SxF. When SxF & Jigo get their animes, I can see Jigo getting the bigger boost and potentially surpassing SxF
I'm actually gonna say that Jujutsu will also be interesting to watch. It definitely has potential to hit 600k. Anymore, we will need to see.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One Piece chapter 967 Color Spread in HQ, a collaboration poster between One Piece and Arashi group.

My goodness. I'm going to have nightmares with some of those faces.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My goodness. I'm going to have nightmares with some of those faces.
Oda's collab art tends to look horrifying, mostly because his art is so stylized that any character he didn't create looks nightmarish when put under it.

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda's collab art tends to look horrifying, mostly because his art is so stylized that any character he didn't create looks nightmarish when put under it.
wdym you dont like this sexy piece of work?

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
Redon, do you have for casuality Act-age spoilers?

I want to know the plot of Mashle the most but at the same time it looks like axe fodder for me. The one i have faith the most is Witch's Guardian (but that hair color of the girl is meh, the oneshot hair color was better)
You can't even see the colour. What are you on about mate

Jhonathan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello, sorry for the intrusion. I usually just stay here as a ghost, but I'm commenting because, I have a interest on this issue.

Isn't it strange, that in chainsawman, every woman is manipulative, in some form?
I don't agree, that what they do to Denji, is sexual assault, but I still find it strange, that every woman in this series, manipulate mens in one way or another. Makina, Power, Himeno, Reze, abuse from the nativity of the male characters, usually Denji, to use them for their own desires.
Even though mens are despised as being bad and broken in this series, none of them, are as manipulative as the females.
Obviously, this doesn't make Chainsawman a bad manga, is just something that I perceived while reading the story

Last edited:

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
That's a reach of an argument.
Does that mean that sexual assault doesn't exist in countries where women are seen as property thus not technically a crime? Are incels who rape not rapists because of their warped perception of women?
Just because the person committing the reprehensible act doesn't realize it's reprehensible doesn't make it any less reprehensible.
That's not the same thing tho. Seeing women as property is wrong. That's nit the same as literally not knowing that grabbing a girls tits is wrong is it?

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's not the same thing tho. Seeing women as property is wrong. That's nit the same as literally not knowing that grabbing a girls tits is wrong is it?
But these people in question don't believe that seeing women as property is wrong though. Doesn't make it excusable.
Just like grabbing someones breasts without consent is wrong regardless of the situation (unless they're like a breastfeeding aged baby or something).
I feel like this doesn't even need to be said.

Last edited:

101nemesis

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm curious to know, in your opinion;
Which manga / mangaka has expressed fear the best way possible in a single panel? A panel where you sensed the fear of a character just from looking at the drawing itself.

I can throw multiple real life incidents at you that has happened where the assaulter said he "doesn't think it was wrong" but I feel like some of you still wouldn't get it. So lets just stop this.
Plus this is starting to get super off topic and I'd rather not give Buranchi a heart attack when he sees this forum.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hello, sorry for the intrusion. I usually just stay here as a ghost, but I'm commenting because, I have a interest on this issue.

Isn't it strange, that in chainsawman, every woman is manipulative, in some form?
I don't agree, that what they do to Denji, is sexual assault, but I still find it strange, that every woman in this series, manipulate mens in one way or another. Makina, Power, Himeno, Reze, abuse from the nativity of the male characters, usually Denji, to use them for their own desires.
Even though mens are despised as being bad and broken in this series, none of them, are as manipulative as the females.
Obviously, this doesn't mean that Chainsawman is bad for this, is just something that I perceived while reading the story
It's a stereotype, isn't it? Women being manipulative.
This isn't the first series to show a woman being super manipulative and it probably won't be the last.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Which manga / mangaka has expressed fear the best way possible in a single panel? A panel where you sensed the fear of a character just from looking at the drawing itself.
Not just the one panel, or even page, but everything involving this.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ordinarily I'd be deleting a bunch of posts, since you guys have seemingly thrown the new topicality rule right out the window.

However, I do understand why it was done, as an example of perceived sexual assault, which is a valuable argument to make, and would naturally need examples for clarification's sake.

So, I'm going to issue a thread-wide warning. After this post, if you guys continue to post plot details of series with three volumes or more released, I'm going to start deleting.

I don't like to stifle honest debate unless it becomes absolutely necessary. We're at that point now. Thanks in advance.

4Eyes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm too lazy to look for them right now but MHA has amazing fear/intimidation scenes. I would say they are the best I've ever seen in Jump. For the top of mind I remember the scene where Midoriya finds Shigaraki on the mall. It's terrifying.

Edit: ok, this is terrifying too, lmao

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the speculation about a veteran returning ended up not being the case?

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Feels bad man :(

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Feels bad man :(
Can you elaborate on this? Also, for future reference (and this goes for all users who frequent this thread), please try to always quote posts you're responding to.

If this isn't a response to someone's post, it's off-topic. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming it is a response.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Honestly, I'm not bothered in the slightest about the lack of a veteran return. Much rather see Jump takes chances and grow their brand in the process, verses trying to get old creators back and failing to recapture their prior popularity.

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England
So the speculation about a veteran returning ended up not being the case?
Yeah, it was just 2 new people. (I think they are new. Don't think they have made manga in WSJ before)

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Can you elaborate on this? Also, for future reference (and this goes for all users who frequent this thread), please try to always quote posts you're responding to.

If this isn't a response to someone's post, it's off-topic. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming it is a response.
It was a response my bad there

Status
Not open for further replies.