Return of the Vainglorious

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
thats an embarrassment coming from a Once.......
Who said I was? I only know 2 or 3 songs of theirs. I like the girls, that's mostly my appeal. Feel free to recommend some songs though :hee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think that regardless of google :kappa
I know right?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Who said I was? I only know 2 or 3 songs of theirs. I like the girls, that's mostly my appeal. Feel free to recommend some songs though :hee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I know right?
what are those? Why is there or to begin with...........
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He wants you to recommend songs so he can become a full-blown Once
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Those..what? :oh
Hmm? what? :oh

He wants you to recommend songs so he can become a full-blown Once
LOL, lets not get carried away. That just seems way too extreme for me. I'm just after a few good songs.

Somewhat I'm not surprised you know these terms. Are you...secretly a ONCE?

then.... all of the title songs are pretty good @goldb try them
Tha'ts not the answer I was looking for :bored . I guess I'll have to do this myself.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Are you...secretly a ONCE?
MASAKA!??!?!?!?!? 🙊 🙊 🙊

Tha'ts not the answer I was looking for :bored . I guess I'll have to do this myself.
cuz too many kkkkk Signal, Fancy, TT, Cheer Up, Fake and True, Breakthrough, Happy Happy, Knock Knock and many more

All of them have MV
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Somewhat I'm not surprised you know these terms. Are you...secretly a ONCE?
No, kpop is shit :wowsoBOB

I like some of their songs, but I don't really get the fan-name thing (or many aspects of fan-culture in general with kpop) so I wouldn't go that far.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
No, kpop is shit :wowsoBOB

I like some of their songs, but I don't really get the fan-name thing (or many aspects of fan-culture in general with kpop) so I wouldn't go that far.
:umad

The fan name thing isn't really an issue, you get that everywhere with artists (musicans, even actors), even the west. What bothers me is the fan culture and by extension, some of the general korean culture when it comes to artists and celebrities.
It seems hundred times worse than anything we get over here. I don't know why many bother, the cons seem to heavily outweigh the pros; especially when you begin to read stuff about the length fans go to and how media scrutinises artists for the tiniest bit of "normality" or individuality in their lives.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,724
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Are you...secretly a ONCE?
He's probably into it for the girls :kappa

cuz too many kkkkk Signal, Fancy, TT, Cheer Up, Fake and True, Breakthrough, Happy Happy, Knock Knock and many more

All of them have MV
bruh

I like some of their songs, but I don't really get the fan-name thing (or many aspects of fan-culture in general with kpop) so I wouldn't go that far.
Some of the shit I've seen online from k-pop "stans" is just bonkers. You could be tweeting about a death of someone and then they randomly come along and go "stan jungkook" while posting a fucken fancam. I just don't get it haha
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The fan name thing isn't really an issue, you get that everywhere with artists (musicans, even actors), even the west. What bothers me is the fan culture and by extension, some of the general korean culture when it comes to artists and celebrities.
It seems hundred times worse than anything we get over here. I don't know why many bother, the cons seem to heavily outweigh the pros; especially when you begin to read stuff about the length fans go to and how media scrutinises artists for the tiniest bit of "normality" or individuality in their lives.
There's fan names in the west? Hadn't really thought of it and none really come to mind honestly.

Well of course it goes way deeper than just the naming thing, even though that seems to be a prerequisite of all artists for some reason lmao. I guess it's about stardom/fame to some degree, the art itself as well. The whole scene seems like a pretty well-oiled machine, so if you have the talent, people will probably know you. The downside is it makes it seem way too manufactured a lot of the times as well. But there's some gems here or there, I guess.

But no, I probably wouldn't be able to be polite with all of the nonsense some of them go through.

Some of the shit I've seen online from k-pop "stans" is just bonkers. You could be tweeting about a death of someone and then they randomly come along and go "stan jungkook" while posting a fucken fancam. I just don't get it haha
I think it's 15 year old spergs wanting large views on a video. For exposure I guess, but yeah it's cringe as fuck.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
cuz too many kkkkk Signal, Fancy, TT, Cheer Up, Fake and True, Breakthrough, Happy Happy, Knock Knock and many more

All of them have MV
I'll check them out. Thanks

I don't really care for MV. unless there's a particularly awesome choreography; like Chung Ha's Gotta Go

There's fan names in the west? Hadn't really thought of it and none really come to mind honestly.

Well of course it goes way deeper than just the naming thing, even though that seems to be a prerequisite of all artists for some reason lmao. I guess it's about stardom/fame to some degree, the art itself as well. The whole scene seems like a pretty well-oiled machine, so if you have the talent, people will probably know you. The downside is it makes it seem way too manufactured a lot of the times as well. But there's some gems here or there, I guess.

But no, I probably wouldn't be able to be polite with all of the nonsense some of them go through.
Yeah like Beliebers (Justin Bieber), Rihanna Navy (Rihanna), BeyHive (Beyonce), etc.

The agencies are set in their ways, from the way they guide the artists through training to what you hear some of their contracts/ commands are ( was reading a few days ago a few artists from a particular agency were told not to talk to the media or smile as they wanted them to maintain an air of "mystery" and unattainability).

When it comes to bands especially, it just seems too manufactured and it looks like being in a band is main way to achieve solo status; suffering through that (in some cases) until your contract is over then you can do what you want after.

But yes, the culture is definitely too weird for me. I definitely couldn't smile through some of the bullshit that they deal with. Especially with the media when travelling and stuff.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Wow surprisingly you know Chung Ha! And yes Gotta Go is a bop. Roller Coaster and Snapping are bop too cc @MarmaladeSky :hurr

Hv u tried Chung Ha? @xi0
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Wow surprisingly you know Chung Ha! And yes Gotta Go is a bop. Roller Coaster and Snapping are bop too cc @MarmaladeSky
She's hot and is an amazing dancer; of course I know her. Plus she was on Running Man :hee

I've heard Snapping, it's really catchy. Not the other track. She also did a track for Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.
 
Top