Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,571
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Geez, People often call girls/women fans of battle shonen fujos, like women couldn't appreciate fights, character development, plot without shipper googles. I mean some are mainly for shipping but thats minority.
To be fair, in the case of Kimetsu no Yaiba, there seems to be a strong interest in the shipping the male characters from the fandom.

That said, although I wouldn't say a that they are the majority, it's true that there are girls/women who aren't interested in shipping at all.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
To be fair, in the case of Kimetsu no Yaiba, there seems to be a strong interest in the shipping the male characters from the fandom.

That said, although I wouldn't say a that they are the majority, it's true that there are girls/women who aren't interested in shipping at all.
More than fujoshi, there's a good number of yumejoshis.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
More than fujoshi, there's a good number of yumejoshis.
Ok, seriously what the heck is a yumejoshi? And I thought I knew all different categories of fans.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Ok, seriously what the heck is a yumejoshi? And I thought I knew all different categories of fans.
Yumejoshi stands for dream girl, they imagine themselves in relationships with their favorite male characters, they are the ones who loves playing otome games and that kind of stuff. Basically, self inserters lol.

Well, this is a list made by yumejoshis, their ideal husband list. And the top 10 was almost taken over by the whole male cast of KnY, with Rengoku at n1.

 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yumejoshi stands for dream girl, they imagine themselves in relationships with their favorite male characters, they are the ones who loves playing otome games and that kind of stuff. Basically, self inserters lol.

Well, this is a list made by yumejoshis, their ideal husband list. And the top 10 was almost taken over by the whole male cast of KnY, with Rengoku at n1.

I shoulda figured from the name alone. But yeah, that's probably the majority of female fans. Not factually speaking, just a strong hunch imo.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Well there are guys out there who like to dream about their waifus, so it seems likely that it happens the other way around too lol
 

Reading Somethin'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
155
Age
28
Country
Honduras
Not for Hunter.
From what I've read, Hunter has never not been a hiatus series. The most it's put out yearly is 2-3 volumes. It's never run normally.

...Are you confusing One Piece with HxH?
One Piece will take weekly breaks every 3 weeks which Shueshia had to force him into. Not extended hiatuses I don't think ever.
Haha nah. Yeah, no extended hiatus, but it does make the pacing for wano come out differently.
I constantly see the western fanbase complain about it. I don't know how the local fanbase reacts, but breaks haven't really been normalized in Jump.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
The most it's put out yearly is 2-3 volumes.
Except 1999, where it put out 4 volumes.

Yeah, Togashi was already not doing well during YYH with his health, so HxH had more breaks than the average series in the beginning, but it wasn't that big of a hiatus fest at that time.
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Here's the image for those interested:

I wonder why or how Hirikoshi did that. Wonder if he is a fan?

This is probably just a cameo but for a second I thought that he was straight up make denji a hero in this new arc lmao.

More chainsaw man exposure is always good though
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder why or how Hirikoshi did that. Wonder if he is a fan?

This is probably just a cameo but for a second I thought that he was straight up make denji a hero in this new arc lmao.

More chainsaw man exposure is always good though
Horikoshi loves making easter eggs of things he enjoys like all the Star Wars reference he's made. He's probably a fan yeah (hopefully CSM gets his rec? or maybe they can exchange drawings like he did with Akutami once) or he is friends with Fujimoto. How cool would it be if Denji made a cameo in an actual fight?
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If Horikoshi has good taste, he's definitely a fan. :P

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's friends with Fujimoto as well. I love little easter eggs like this. Reminds me of that time Shimabu added a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt on one of the bystanders in Toriko.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Or the Food Wars characters appearing in the background of Yuuna's school festival chapter
 

DreamcastDazia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
792
Reaction score
628
Gender
Male
Country
England
Now this conversation reminds me but didn't Yuji from Jujutsu pop up as a cameo in MHA. Kinda recently too. Maybe it was MHA... I think it was a another manga actually. I can't even remeber if it was even from WSJ. But it was kinda surprising to see jujutsu get a cameo. Let's see if I can find an image.

Edit: Ahh found it. Wasn't a WSJ manga though



I love cameos!
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Well there are guys out there who like to dream about their waifus, so it seems likely that it happens the other way around too lol
Heh...good thing i'm not like them at all....
Hah
hah
hah
hah
yuuna...

I am yumedanshi, I dream of marrying Sensei and giving her happiness
I love Midwinter

So, about those cameos, how exactly do they do it? Do the mangaka have to directly ask the other mangaka for permission to use the characters?
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Given the nature of their line of work, it wouldn't be surprising if the all the WSJ mangaka are friends with each other or a least have some form of respect for themselves.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top