Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,455
Reaction score
39,352
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Just got to reading.

Witch Gaurdian had a decent chapter, not good or bad. Felt plain and too similar to other series.
Mashle is also too similar to other series, specifically to One's style. It's very entertaining though.
UU seems to have dropped the "joke" very sudden. It's getting interesting and Andy's power is cool.
Agravity Boys was really funny, but a little forced at times.
Mitama, not it's best, but still entertaining.

Overall Mitama>Agravity Boys>UU>Mashle>Witch Gaurdian<Zipman=yozakura

Jujutsu might be on it's best arc yet. I second that...Jujutsu needs more readers! :zomg:zomg
We have almost the same opinion here lol, even that ranking! Could not agree more here.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
3,118
Age
24
Country
United States
I like Undead Unluck the most because I feel we don't have a modern going around the world type of manga which this could bring. TSS could've done that, but it made its mistakes.

MASHLE was funny and I hope we get character development to progress the main protag's story.

Mitama everyone here loves and I enjoy its goofy light-hearted nature however I'm not really laughing out loud like I do with MASHLE, I don't know, maybe I'm not getting the jokes?

Yozakura is on a story arc however I am so worried it's just gonna end next chapter.

Zipman is too linear and too predictable, we need TWISTS, MAKE CHEENA MANIACALLY LAUGH AND SAY "I TRICKED YOU IM THE VILLAIN" that'd make it at least decent.

thats all.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New poll is up.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Yozakura is on a story arc however I am so worried it's just gonna end next chapter.
If Yozakura is ending, it definitely won't be ending that soon. The soonest I can imagine a new serialization round starting is 5 or 6 issues from now, so nothing will end until the next serialization round starts up.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I like Undead Unluck the most because I feel we don't have a modern going around the world type of manga which this could bring. TSS could've done that, but it made its mistakes.

MASHLE was funny and I hope we get character development to progress the main protag's story.

Mitama everyone here loves and I enjoy its goofy light-hearted nature however I'm not really laughing out loud like I do with MASHLE, I don't know, maybe I'm not getting the jokes?

Yozakura is on a story arc however I am so worried it's just gonna end next chapter.

Zipman is too linear and too predictable, we need TWISTS, MAKE CHEENA MANIACALLY LAUGH AND SAY "I TRICKED YOU IM THE VILLAIN" that'd make it at least decent.

thats all.
at least TSS had no hints of sexual abuse at all.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
3,118
Age
24
Country
United States
at least TSS had no hints of sexual abuse at all.
mostly what I think makes Undead Unluck better is the pacing, story structure, twists, and premise. Not excusing the sexual abuse, but too be honest if you were alive for 200+ years don't you think your morals would've deteriorated to the point where touching someone means nothing to you. It sounds like he has a few too many screws loose and who knows what kind of person he was when he was young.
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Yozakura has just been so disappointing. Really expected more from the author. He really wasted the cast.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,455
Reaction score
39,352
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Like Buranchi said, poll is open, sorry for the wait.

I'm not even surprised by the comments about Guardian, you guys were hyping this too much, it was a bit obvious would led to a some kind of disappointment, its basically the opposite effect of what happened with Agravity Boys and Undead Unluck.

Gonna read the mangas later
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
mostly what I think makes Undead Unluck better is the pacing, story structure, twists, and premise. Not excusing the sexual abuse, but too be honest if you were alive for 200+ years don't you think your morals would've deteriorated to the point where touching someone means nothing to you. It sounds like he has a few too many screws loose and who knows what kind of person he was when he was young.
Dude, please, sexual abuse has no excuse.
honestly, the only difference between uxu and hungry joker is ecchi.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Jujutsu might be on it's best arc yet. I second that...Jujutsu needs more readers! :zomg:zomg
You know, I find it strange how Jujutsu's latest arc ramped up the violence so suddenly. There's some brutal stuff in there. But this arc is damn good, i'll tell you that.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know a lot of you love JJK, and I'm sure it's more than justified, but I just can't get into it.

I can't even really explain why, either. I've tried reading it several times now, but I just lose interest after a few chapters.

The art is good, the powers are cool, but the characters don't really do anything for me. I think I'll just wait for the anime to see if that can change my opinion.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Like Buranchi said, poll is open, sorry for the wait.

I'm not even surprised by the comments about Guardian, you guys were hyping this too much, it was a bit obvious would led to a some kind of disappointment, its basically the opposite effect of what happened with Agravity Boys and Undead Unluck.

Gonna read the mangas later
He is a novice author who has never done a job before.
It is not his fault, but that it generated unnecessary hype. I personally liked it, I found the best of the three (UxU and Mashle).
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I read Mashle's first chapter and I liked it. The inspirations are obvious as day but I don't think that's a bad thing.

The humor was great. The reactions of certain characters reminded me of Beelzebub for some reason.
I'll give the 2nd chapter a try in sometime.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
I know a lot of you love JJK, and I'm sure it's more than justified, but I just can't get into it.

I can't even really explain why, either. I've tried reading it several times now, but I just lose interest after a few chapters.

The art is good, the powers are cool, but the characters don't really do anything for me. I think I'll just wait for the anime to see if that can change my opinion.
If it gives you more motivation, I only really got into it with the vessel arc (I liked the mahito arc but these past 2 arcs have been the best in the series imho, easily).
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
I know a lot of you love JJK, and I'm sure it's more than justified, but I just can't get into it.

I can't even really explain why, either. I've tried reading it several times now, but I just lose interest after a few chapters.

The art is good, the powers are cool, but the characters don't really do anything for me. I think I'll just wait for the anime to see if that can change my opinion.
I mostly felt the same way too, but when Toudou appeared in his fight around the 40's, I actually started to enjoy the series quite a bit.
 

CrOF

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
91
Reaction score
281
Age
30
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
For the Agravity Boys poll, I think the series will stick, so I voted middle because at the same time I think the magazine pillars will have priority in the upper parts of the toc.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Witch's Guardian I genuinely liked. While I do get the "too generic" argument, I felt it was genuinely competent in a way I haven't seen thus far this year. At least it's not incredibly generic (Zipman), infuriating (Agravity), sleezy (UxU) or baffling (Mashle). Plus the heroine is good.

UxU I continue to tilt my head at given its still shuffling around the premise continually. I will say that it seems the author really likes drawing explosions, that's two double page spreads in three chapters that featured such a thing.

Mashle...well, at least I understand what the jokes are, but I still don't see any quality...

Yeesh, lotta polarizing series this year, huh?
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You know, I find it strange how Jujutsu's latest arc ramped up the violence so suddenly. There's some brutal stuff in there. But this arc is damn good, i'll tell you that.
JJK has always been pretty gorey, but right now we're seeing that gore happening to a lot of people.

I know a lot of you love JJK, and I'm sure it's more than justified, but I just can't get into it.

I can't even really explain why, either. I've tried reading it several times now, but I just lose interest after a few chapters.

The art is good, the powers are cool, but the characters don't really do anything for me. I think I'll just wait for the anime to see if that can change my opinion.
Have you tried binge reading it? It might enhance your experience. Also, the last few arcs have been absolutely insane so if you could try it out one again who knows.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I read Mashle's first chapter and I liked it. The inspirations are obvious as day but I don't think that's a bad thing.

The humor was great. The reactions of certain characters reminded me of Beelzebub for some reason.
I'll give the 2nd chapter a try in sometime.
mashle has a story behind it, but it seems that people are more focused on references to Harry Potter than on the story itself.
Harry Potter had 7 books, and I don't think the references alone will be enough to keep Mashle alive in the jump.
 

Pudazuka

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
163
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Even though I really liked the first chapter of Mashle, the second one didn't resonate with me at all. I don't know if it's due to the massively increased pacing (though that's to be expected with fewer pages), but the jokes just didn't click with me. That's why I'm surprised to see so many people here who prefer the second over the first chapter. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for comedy...? Idk...

Guardian of the Witch was okay. I liked the first half quite a bit (despite the similarities to AoT) but the developments after that were just so plain, as others have mentioned. Well, let's see where this is going. It's only the first chapter so I don't want to be too harsh.

The fight in Zipman was unfortunately very predictable and therefore boring. I liked the action in chapter 7 much better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top