Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,369
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

hhht3x

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
23
Reaction score
36
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So:
  • Mission: Yozakura Family
  • Mitama Secureity
  • Zipman
  • Agravity Boys
  • Undead x Unluck
  • Mashle
  • Guardian of the Witch
Of these seven, who shall be the ones to survive?
I would love to see Mitama survive
Also UxU . It's easy to read and flows better than any new manga since chainsaw man.

Going out on a limb from just one chapter, but I think GotW will make it too. Everyone was gushing over the art and then chapter comes out and it's trashed on for the art? Also didn't get the attack on Titan comparison. The plot is clearly going in a different direction. I think supercow is right about some problems with the character intentions and set up, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless. Anyway, it's only the first chapter. The premise doesn't matter if the story and characters are bad. Kimetsu (in my opinion) had a pretty 'generic' start, but that didn't stop it from getting popular.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Only small thing I really didn’t like about Guardian was the characters’ names.

And the:
“Oh yeah, my family was suddenly killed right in front of me.”
Can't wait til the Shingeki no Evil reveal
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hey, I'm new here.
I read this discussion for several days now.

Guardian of the Witch was pretty nice, but the really good thing was the potential of the adventure. Not a fan of the art, but for a start that was okay.

Love the pacing of UxU, It might survive.


I think I know the rules, but do I have to read a specific chart before posting something here ?
You need to read the black clover chart and convince yourself it'll be safe.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So:
  • Mission: Yozakura Family
  • Mitama Secureity
  • Zipman
  • Agravity Boys
  • Undead x Unluck
  • Mashle
  • Guardian of the Witch
Of these seven, who shall be the ones to survive?
Thought it was too early for poll time...
MS AB UU and for a year M
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,119
Age
24
Country
United States
Signature updated:



Dr. Stone Spinoff was removed and Undead Unluck, Mashle and Guardian Of The Witch added!

Also the banner of the WSJ Poll Thread was Updated (Don't forget to vote)
speaking of the banner, what do you guys think of the 7 new mc's that have been added?
 

Avtarino

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2017
Messages
324
Reaction score
798
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I’m kinda late into the party for this and I’ve said this before in the MHA thread but I think this bears repeating here in the more crowded thread because I don’t see anyone saying this. This is very political and I’d hate to turn this thread into a shitstorm, so this will be my only reply on the matter in this thread.

No, naming the Doc Maruta isn’t the same as naming a villain “jewish” (in other words, naming a highly immoral character after the victim of immoral actions) that’s just an apples to oranges comparison and I hope this silly comparison stems from a place of ignorance, not malice.

For one, the term is used by the japanese to refer to the human experiment subjects. The victims themselves don’t use this term as their identity whatsoever. If anything, the use of the term highlights the actors who did the atrocities — the japanese empire. Saying that this somehow means the words is used against these victims or, god forbid, that the author is an apologist is nonsense.

This is why you should not make the comparison I said above as that comparison is inaccurate at best and misleading at worst.

Second, the word was also used as the name of the program itself. So saying that the author is naming a highly immoral character after the victims without stating this fact is already misleading.

Like I said above, the use of the word highlights the atrocious action and the actors of the said atrocities.

Yes, you could argue that the word is also used to describe the victims but that argument ignores these two points that I stated.

I’m very disappointed in the twitter influencer who brought more attention to this issue while ignoring these contexts. Many people in the western hemisphere are not knowledgeable or downright ignorant about the topic of immoral actions of the japanese empire in WWII, so this could be their first contact with the subject and it’s misleading from the start.

I also have said this before in the MHA thread: the Doctor was never painted in any sort of positive light whatsoever, and the story has alluded multiple times that he is engaged in highly immoral acts. Experimenting on freaking children and stealing dead bodies is by no means a small issue, and the use of this term highlights just how horrible the author thinks the Doctor’s actions are.

and yes, I’m from one of the nations that bears the brunt of japanese imperialism in the past, because apparently dismissing someone because “you have no say in this” is somehow an argument that makes sense
 
Last edited:

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
speaking of the banner, what do you guys think of the 7 new mc's that have been added?
Joh Mitama is the most likeable to me, he's changed subtly from the beginning of the series, which I feel made him a generic funny man who does things over the top. Now, after his interactions with other characters, his goofiness got toned down, and he's become a better character.

I find nothing wrong with Saga, just the rest of the boys have more going for them, in terms of character design and traits. But I think that all four of them are the leads so these guys' chemistry is enjoyable.

Mash is pretty fun so far.

I can't stand Andy at all, maybe it's the first impression of his groping that I still can't get out of my mind, but I also dislike his face. Just putting out my thoughts.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,291
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just saw now but 7 manga on the magazine are complete newbies. I don't remember a time where we had so many at the same time. lol
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,552
Reaction score
11,291
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yeah, I doubt Horikoshi really meant any harm, but I do hope he explains himself quickly with that before things get out of hand.
What are you talking about?

How should the situation escalate?

Above all, why should he do it?
 

void data

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
28
Country
Indonesia
So:
  • Mission: Yozakura Family
  • Mitama Secureity
  • Zipman
  • Agravity Boys
  • Undead x Unluck
  • Mashle
  • Guardian of the Witch
Of these seven, who shall be the ones to survive?
It's too early to predict the newer ones, but I think the chances for the rest of them are like this.
Mitama = Agravity > Yozakura > Zipman
The comedy series have an advantage since there is no other established comedy series in the magazine. Though all other previous new comedy series are axed, I think these new ones are good enough to stay.
Yozakura has been uninteresting lately. I will reserve my judgment until the first volume sales are out, it might do well enough or not at all.
As for Zipman, unfortunately it doesn't do enough for me to care about any character in it.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Poor Zipman. It comes in last in both our poll and the Japanese poll, and there's little faith in it's survival despite there being only 8 chapters. What happened?
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Man, there's only 12 established series on WSJ right now without counting HxH. I must be crazy on it but I don't remember another time when that happened lol
 

Jouki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
38
Gender
Female
Country
Vietnam
I'll allow discussion on this, since it seems it's not solely about MHA. Anyway, for those not aware:

Nothing's new here, Korean have been playing the victim card for a long time. Japan has atoned for the past by completing 1965 treaty normalizing ties between the. two countries, but Korea never stop crying about the war.

For a person that comes from Vietnam, a country has suffered from many wars, I find it very laughable. Frankly, Korea has joined Vietnam war to get economic support from USA, sent many soldiers to our country and became a nightmare for Vietnamese people because of Korean mercenaris' cruelty. Until now, Vietnam still doesn't get any apology or compensation from Korea, but we don't hate them for what they've done. What is the point of clinging so hard to the past?
 
Last edited:

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
Does anyone have a link to JP Rakuten?
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,119
Age
24
Country
United States
Man, there's only 12 established series on WSJ right now without counting HxH. I must be crazy on it but I don't remember another time when that happened lol
speaking of this, I think HxH is gonna replace demon slayer on issue #20 assuming demon slayer ends in the next 10 chapters with epilogue since jump needs to have an established series because demon slayer is gonna leave a huge hole.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,463
Reaction score
39,369
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top