Does anyone know why MANGA Plus has reset the view-count for every series? I don't really care tbh, but I thought that they were supposed to be lifetime views. Are they switching over to a viewing system similar to Jump Plus?
Probably because they found out the obvious botting some fans were doing for some series (specially Boruto), and other series where also showing this type of tactics in the last week, like Act Age and Jujutsu. TBH, its just a funny situation and if they change it for weekly instead of lifetime, thats fine by me.
Is it weekly though? For some series it checks out, but for others it really doesn't (there's no way Dragon Ball, TPN, Platinum End, H&H, Konjirou, ... got that many views in the last week alone. But Dragon Ball should be much higher if it was about the last chapter).
It's not monthly either, because then One Piece is way too low.
And Neolation, which was at the bottom this morning with 531, shot up to 2517 views today. So that rules out any kind of averages, too.
It could be, but everything should have been reseted to 0, the rankings right now seems to be about the views the series did this last week or just taking into account what the last chapters of each series did on views. Thats why they seem to be opting to probably just resetting it each week.
SxF went down since this morning, so no. It has to be a continious thing.
Hmm, so something interesting happened with MangaPlus, huh.
From what I gathered, they removed every duplicate view from all the series (as in, a person clicking on a chapter multiple times, or a person clicking on different chapters from the same series). Which means, only one IP view per one series from now on.
Why would they do that? I mean, multiple hits per chapter I can understand, but it doesn't make much sense to ignore the views for every new chapter.
Also, to look at a concrete example, Yui Kamio was at 181 000 before and now it's at 683. According to your reasoning, that means the average reader viewed the series 265 times. I don't think that's it.
As an aside, looking at the release dates for upcoming volumes and how Yozakura got pushed back, I'm suspecting that Yozakura has been already marked for cancellation due to poor reception, hence Jump not giving it a priority release whereas Mitama, which they do seem interested in supporting, is going through.
This is complete speculation, but I think it's possible, at any rate.
They just started publishing Yozakura in Spanish though. Kind of weird if they already know it's getting cancelled.