Fantasy - Wendy vs. Lucy | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Wendy vs. Lucy

Wendy vs Lucy

• (White) Wendy

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Lucy

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Stayed in the fight for a long time though, and unlike Mira Elfman was trying. Lucy's Lucy Kick was combined with Natsu's. On his own Loke de-stealthed Jacob, staggered him with light and smacked him in the mouth leaving a nice bruise. Aqua Metria has size, but not much more really. Even if Aquarius Dress is as good as before, Lucy was hitting with Urano Metria back then, that's not the same, in fact I'd say it's vastly different.

So a demon stronger than the 9 was too weak for Sting and Rogue to go all out? If you say so.
I'm not saying modes shouldn't be considered(I kinda am), I'm saying just because a certain ability isn't used, doesn't mean the character isn't doing their best. There's a long list of fights that would change if certain abilities were used, generally I assume if Mashima decides not to use them then they don't make a difference, unless there is some reason revealed later.

Evenly matched? That's interesting, do you think Wendy has equal offense to Nebal then? Or do you just consider his regular punches the superior attacks?Kyria's attack didn't damage Lucy, it cut her clothes, not really the same thing as knocking someone out of Dragon Force, and likI said Lucy has more spirits to add to her damage output. Not that I have a problem with Kyria overpowering Lucy, she's the more powerful character, why wouldn't she be able to overpower Lucy?
Loke got tied up like Virgo, so Elfman wasn't really trying. If he were trying, he'd just do what Madmole did and sent him back to the spirit realm. The lion brilliance thing doesn't really do any damage. At most it's a bit blinding. I'm still not convinced that punch was better than the Lucy kick, even accounting for Natsu's kick. If Lucy casted Aqua Metria on Jacob, she would have flooded the entire guild and hit Jacob anyways. I mean, it was what Lucy used when she thought Natsu's life was on the line. She sent Loke back to the spirit realm because he wanted Jacob to make her underwear invisible. Didn't even bother to have him stick around for the fight.

Well, Sting and Rogue defeated Jiemma without Dragon Force, did they not? You don't believe Dragon Force would have increased their attack power?
Sure, we can assume that Wendy was doing her best against Dimaria. She was simply caught off guard by the roar when she wasn't in dragon force. If you believe that Kyria would have still oneshotted her, that's fine. That just means Wendy and Lucy are too weak to accurately rank off the Dragon Eaters. But right now, it sounds like you're saying DF doesn't even increase her stats.

I think Nebal can't overpower Wendy's roar with his own. He's much stronger in terms of physical strength though, which is what he used to beat her up. Let me just put it this way: If Wendy roared at Kyria in dragon force, do you think Kyria can slash through her roar and then knock Wendy out of her dragon force? If not, doesn't that scale Wendy's roar above Aquarius star dress?

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Loke got tied up like Virgo, so Elfman wasn't really trying. If he were trying, he'd just do what Madmole did and sent him back to the spirit realm. The lion brilliance thing doesn't really do any damage. At most it's a bit blinding. I'm still not convinced that punch was better than the Lucy kick, even accounting for Natsu's kick. If Lucy casted Aqua Metria on Jacob, she would have flooded the entire guild and hit Jacob anyways. I mean, it was what Lucy used when she thought Natsu's life was on the line. She sent Loke back to the spirit realm because he wanted Jacob to make her underwear invisible. Didn't even bother to have him stick around for the fight.

Well, Sting and Rogue defeated Jiemma without Dragon Force, did they not? You don't believe Dragon Force would have increased their attack power?
Sure, we can assume that Wendy was doing her best against Dimaria. She was simply caught off guard by the roar when she wasn't in dragon force. If you believe that Kyria would have still oneshotted her, that's fine. That just means Wendy and Lucy are too weak to accurately rank off the Dragon Eaters. But right now, it sounds like you're saying DF doesn't even increase her stats.

I think Nebal can't overpower Wendy's roar with his own. He's much stronger in terms of physical strength though, which is what he used to beat her up. Let me just put it this way: If Wendy roared at Kyria in dragon force, do you think Kyria can slash through her roar and then knock Wendy out of her dragon force? If not, doesn't that scale Wendy's roar above Aquarius star dress?
Mira prob tied Loke, that’s her thing, Elfman legitimately wanted a match with him.
Sure blinding has utility, that’s why I mentioned it. Loke got sent back to the spirit work for comedy, and prob cause a two way fight is much easier to draw.

No, because they could barely beat him, if going DF would have changed that then they’re both incredibly strong, Natsu tier, and also literally retarded.
If Wendy was caught off guard Mashima would have made a note of it in the chapter. I simply don’t believe that Wendy reverting to base for a titty joke is the reason for her oneshot.
DF increases stats, but if it’s not used when the option is freely available then that increase wouldn’t have made a difference to the fight.

I think it would without a doubt cut through Wendys roar and sliced her clothes. Not knocked out of dragon force because I think the criteria for doing so is higher than cutting a Star Dress(with PLs equalised), or do you think they are equally difficult to accomplish? To put a bit of perspective on it I would equate it to breaking Erzas blades or armour compared to knocking Gray out of DeS mode, breaking the armour is much easier to do. Speaking of which Kyria kicked through Benizakura, so no, slashing through Aqua Metria doesn’t put Aqua Metria below Wendy’s roar in my book. I think Benizakura would literally slice through Nebals roar like butter.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mira prob tied Loke, that’s her thing, Elfman legitimately wanted a match with him.
Sure blinding has utility, that’s why I mentioned it. Loke got sent back to the spirit work for comedy, and prob cause a two way fight is much easier to draw.

No, because they could barely beat him, if going DF would have changed that then they’re both incredibly strong, Natsu tier, and also literally retarded.
If Wendy was caught off guard Mashima would have made a note of it in the chapter. I simply don’t believe that Wendy reverting to base for a titty joke is the reason for her oneshot.
DF increases stats, but if it’s not used when the option is freely available then that increase wouldn’t have made a difference to the fight.

I think it would without a doubt cut through Wendys roar and sliced her clothes. Not knocked out of dragon force because I think the criteria for doing so is higher than cutting a Star Dress(with PLs equalised), or do you think they are equally difficult to accomplish? To put a bit of perspective on it I would equate it to breaking Erzas blades or armour compared to knocking Gray out of DeS mode, breaking the armour is much easier to do. Speaking of which Kyria kicked through Benizakura, so no, slashing through Aqua Metria doesn’t put Aqua Metria below Wendy’s roar in my book. I think Benizakura would literally slice through Nebals roar like butter.
Elfman wasn't even scratched though, and there's not a panel of Loke even hitting Elfman. I'm still not seeing how Loke hits harder than Lucy's leo star dress.

Fair enough. Would you say this is the case for every power-up? That if an ability was not used when freely available, then it wouldn't have made a difference in the fight? Can I safely assume that Kyria would also beat Star Dress mix in one shot?

Alright, I can see your point. I also think it is much harder to knock Wendy out of Dragon Force than to rip up Lucy's star dress. Though I just chalk that up to dragon force being more durable than the star dress. To a certain degree the same can be said for Erza's armours vs Gray, but only her low-end armours are less durable than him.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Elfman wasn't even scratched though, and there's not a panel of Loke even hitting Elfman. I'm still not seeing how Loke hits harder than Lucy's leo star dress.

Fair enough. Would you say this is the case for every power-up? That if an ability was not used when freely available, then it wouldn't have made a difference in the fight? Can I safely assume that Kyria would also beat Star Dress mix in one shot?

Alright, I can see your point. I also think it is much harder to knock Wendy out of Dragon Force than to rip up Lucy's star dress. Though I just chalk that up to dragon force being more durable than the star dress. To a certain degree the same can be said for Erza's armours vs Gray, but only her low-end armours are less durable than him.
For one because she's only using a fraction of Loke's power, but also him smacking Jacob where Lucy couldn't land a hit without titties. Elfman didn't have a scratch cause he's all hair, he was damaged from Star Dress mix as we saw. Loke can smack Jacob, and hurt him, Elfman should have similar durability and less speed.

Yes. Not just power ups either, hax and other useful abilities. eg Laxus never using Fairy Law, Jacob not using a Stealth-Transport combination on Mira or earlier in the Natsu/Lucy fight, Mira never using Macro, Twins never using Dragon Force, the list goes on... for a long time. It basically boils down to the fact that I trust a character's judgement on the use of their own abilities more than I trust myself or another reader. If they don't use an ability it's because that ability wouldn't have helped(bar obvious logical or outright stated reasons for not using it) even if I personally think it's fckn retarded, eg Sting and Rogue not going DF on Jiemma or ever.
And yes, Lucy Star Dress Mix gets oneshot.

Dragon Force isn't an object, that's the difference. Just like DeS mode, it's durability is Wendy's own durability, she's not getting knocked out of it unless she's defeated or something close to that. While on the other hand Star Dresses and Armor can just be broken without any harm coming to the mage.

Last edited:

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
As of now,the spirits didn't improve as much as we thought they would base on feats right now. They kinda lost their importance in Lucy's battles the moment Lucy got her stardress,like their keys were more needed than the spirits themselves. It's really hard to gauge the spirits' powers now when they were not given their serious moments in a battle.

Though I wish people will give Lucy respect on her fight against the 3 siblings. She was seen as a low-tier mage or even a fodder just because she only defeated Lisanna and Mira was on BSS only. It's kinda funny that she was seen as oneshottable to Mira because she only used BSS,while Mira just also used BSS on Skullion and Madmole. Then claimed that she was very weakened when defeated by Gray but still claimed it was still a high diff in Mira's favor like it was only Mira whom Gray fought.

Eclopse

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
She already sustained too much damage to get back up.
Yeah, that sounds really convenient. For some reason Wendy started the fight in DF which would seemingly allow her to easily tank attacks from Kyria, but for some reason she turned it off right at the right moment so she got oneshotted by an opponent she could stand up if only she didn't fight like a dumbass.

For some reason, despite DF being this huge boost, she only keeps it up for 2 seconds and drops it whenever. But then she keeps it up for an entire fight with Nebal. And we're supposed to scale her just as strong as the theoretical maximum of her DF mode, and only keep the best feats from that mode, but we have to disregard the fact that she switches it on and off like it doesn't matter, and we have to also disregard the unflattering feats that happen when she turns it off (basically every fight)

Sounds like cherrypicking at its finest. Or maybe her DF just isn't that big of a deal. Wendy sure doesn't seem to think it is, considering she switches it off like it doesn't matter at all.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, that sounds really convenient. For some reason Wendy started the fight in DF which would seemingly allow her to easily tank attacks from Kyria, but for some reason she turned it off right at the right moment so she got oneshotted by an opponent she could stand up if only she didn't fight like a dumbass.

For some reason, despite DF being this huge boost, she only keeps it up for 2 seconds and drops it whenever. But then she keeps it up for an entire fight with Nebal. And we're supposed to scale her just as strong as the theoretical maximum of her DF mode, and only keep the best feats from that mode, but we have to disregard the fact that she switches it on and off like it doesn't matter, and we have to also disregard the unflattering feats that happen when she turns it off (basically every fight)

Sounds like cherrypicking at its finest. Or maybe her DF just isn't that big of a deal. Wendy sure doesn't seem to think it is, considering she switches it off like it doesn't matter at all.
How is it cherry picking? Dragon Force offers a physical boost, does it not? It allows characters to tank attacks that they couldn't in base for every other character, does it not?

Last edited:

Eclopse

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
How is it cherry picking? Dragon Force offers a physical boost, does it not? It allows characters to tank attacks that they couldn't in base for every other character, does it not?
Yes, the question is by how much. And just like Sting and Rogue's DF, Wendy's regular DF was never shown to be such a big deal. Didn't help her touch Kyria, and Dimaria tanked her punch with her face.

At some point you have to be realistic. If the characters themselves don't act like some of their skills are that important, then they simply aren't. Because otherwise you have to write every single character to be an absolute dumbass, a moron unable to just use the "I WIN" button in their toolset, and then you have to make excuses as for why sometimes DF stays on for an entire fight (Nebal) and sometimes it doesn't (Kyria) just so you can cherrypick the feats you'll accept.

Either way, DF Wendy was cleary shown to be below Kyria for the little time they fought, and she'd have probably gotten oneshotted DF or not.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, the question is by how much. And just like Sting and Rogue's DF, Wendy's regular DF was never shown to be such a big deal. Didn't help her touch Kyria, and Dimaria tanked her punch with her face.

At some point you have to be realistic. If the characters themselves don't act like some of their skills are that important, then they simply aren't. Because otherwise you have to write every single character to be an absolute dumbass, a moron unable to just use the "I WIN" button in their toolset, and then you have to make excuses as for why sometimes DF stays on for an entire fight (Nebal) and sometimes it doesn't (Kyria) just so you can cherrypick the feats you'll accept.

Either way, DF Wendy was cleary shown to be below Kyria for the little time they fought, and she'd have probably gotten oneshotted DF or not.
So like Gemini?

I'm using DF Wendy's feats when ranking DF Wendy's durability, and base Wendy's feats when talking about base Wendy's durability. If you want to call this cherry picking, then okay.

Foukun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
So like Gemini?

I'm using DF Wendy's feats when ranking DF Wendy's durability, and base Wendy's feats when talking about base Wendy's durability. If you want to call this cherry picking, then okay.
But Gemini is important if Lucy is fighting someone in her tier as she easily can make her opponents fight themselves + another spirit + herself

If the opponent is someone stronger it does not matter.

that’s the difference

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But Gemini is important if Lucy is fighting someone in her tier as she easily can make her opponents fight themselves + another spirit + herself

If the opponent is someone stronger it does not matter.

that’s the difference
And dragon force isn't important for Wendy in her fights?

When has it ever been said that Lucy's MP levels were equal or stronger than Wendy? When has Lucy actually copied someone as strong as Wendy?

How much time has Lucy spent with Lucy? How many fights has Lucy been in where it would have been beneficial to have someone as strong as Wendy helping out, if nothing else than for the heals and enchantments? How many times has this failed to happen? This argument works both ways.

Foukun

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
And dragon force isn't important for Wendy in her fights?

When has it ever been said that Lucy's MP levels were equal or stronger than Wendy? When has Lucy actually copied someone as strong as Wendy?

How much time has Lucy spent with Lucy? How many fights has Lucy been in where it would have been beneficial to have someone as strong as Wendy helping out, if nothing else than for the heals and enchantments? How many times has this failed to happen? This argument works both ways.
Whether Lucy can copy Wendy is up to how you scale both of their MP. Nothing definitive been shown in the manga that’s indicate one MP is more or less than the other and their portrayal is similar that’s why for me Lucy and Wendy are in the same tier with similar MP.

If Lucy can copy Wendy that’s mean the fight will go : Lucy + Gemini!Wendy + one spirit vs Wendy
Which make the outcome be easily in Lucy favor

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whether Lucy can copy Wendy is up to how you scale both of their MP. Nothing definitive been shown in the manga that’s indicate one MP is more or less than the other and their portrayal is similar that’s why for me Lucy and Wendy are in the same tier with similar MP.

If Lucy can copy Wendy that’s mean the fight will go : Lucy + Gemini!Wendy + one spirit vs Wendy
Which make the outcome be easily in Lucy favor
I originally said that it's possible that Lucy can copy Wendy, but that it's not a given. There's the chance that Wendy's MP might be better than Lucy's. Not just because that Lucy said so in the crossover, or because DF Wendy did better against DF Nebal than Lucy did against Kyria. There are actually showings from the Alvarez arc that I do not believe Lucy can replicate. Such as blocking Irene's explosions for Erza, or blitzing Irene and making her bleed.

At this point, I'm not giving Lucy an inch. If you want to say that I am cherry picking for using DF Wendy's feats for DF Wendy, then fine. Odd, but fine. However, at least I am actually referencing Wendy's feats. The argument for Lucy is based off stuff that she's never even done. People are just assuming that Lucy can copy Wendy with Gemini for an auto-win. Even with the 4th round, people are just wishing that Spirit King is going to become Acnologia tier. I am going to ask for proof of every single detail here. We can start of Lucy's punches making someone as strong as Irene bleed, and Lucy blocking an attack as powerful as the one Irene showed above.

Foukun

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I originally said that it's possible that Lucy can copy Wendy, but that it's not a given. There's the chance that Wendy's MP might be better than Lucy's. Not just because that Lucy said so in the crossover, or because DF Wendy did better against DF Nebal than Lucy did against Kyria. There are actually showings from the Alvarez arc that I do not believe Lucy can replicate. Wendy has feats which I do not believe Lucy can replicate. Such as blocking Irene's explosions for Erza, or blitzing Irene and making her bleed.

At this point, I'm not giving Lucy an inch. If you want to say that I am cherry picking for using DF Wendy's feats for DF Wendy, but at least I am actually referencing Wendy's feats. The argument for Lucy is based off stuff that she's never even done. People are just assuming that Lucy can copy Wendy with Gemini for an auto-win. Even with the 4th round, people are just wishing that Spirit King is going to become Acnologia tier. I am going to ask for proof of every single detail here. We can start of Lucy's punches making someone as strong as Irene bleed, and Lucy blocking an attack as powerful as the one Irene showed above.
I will not take about other people and everyone can interpret the manga as they want.

as I said for Me Lucy and Wendy showings are similar even in the last arc both did their part and been a supportive unit (Lucy in her fight with Jacob and her showing against brandish), just the nature of their magic is different as Wendy has a better support skills.

and if we talk about feats I think Lucy’s Aqua Mitria and Lion median are impressive enough to be compared to Wendy’s attack.

I can not force my view on you. And if you see Wendy feats suggest she has a larger MP pool that’s end the original point of the usefulness of Gemimi

Nabel is not Kyria and Wendy suffered the same fate as Lucy in that roar attack, so I think the outcome would be similar to Lucy if Wendy was in her place.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I will not take about other people and everyone can interpret the manga as they want.

as I said for Me Lucy and Wendy showings are similar even in the last arc both did their part and been a supportive unit (Lucy in her fight with Jacob and her showing against brandish), just the nature of their magic is different as Wendy has a better support skills.

and if we talk about feats I think Lucy’s Aqua Mitria and Lion median are impressive enough to be compared to Wendy’s attack.

Nabel is not Kyria and Wendy suffered the same fate as Lucy in that roar attack, so I think the outcome would be similar to Lucy if Wendy was in her place.
I'm saying I don't buy the fact that Lucy and Wendy have similar levels of MP. Prove they do.

Show me Lucy blocking an attack as strong as Irene's explosion, and one of her attacks making someone as powerful as Irene bleed. Aqua Metria never even managed to hit anybody, and temporarily taking down Lisanna is not as impressive as blocking one of Irene's attacks and making her bleed.

Also, and this is not just at you, but give me a good reason why Lucy's statement that she's the weakest in the group from the crossover isn't valid. All I've heard so far is "CrOSsoVers are NoT cAnON". Not good enough. The version of Lucy shown in the crossover has memories and experience of the Alvarez arc, and this is obviously the way Hiro Mashima sees his characters. So first explain why the crossover is not canon, and then explain why the statement isn't accurately telling us what Hiro Mashima thinks of Lucy even if the crossover isn't canon. And don't even try to tell me that "Lucy didn't even use her star dress" after telling me Wendy's dragon force wouldn't have made a difference.

Foukun

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm saying I don't buy the fact that Lucy and Wendy have similar levels of MP. Prove they do.

Show me Lucy blocking an attack as strong as Irene's explosion, and one of her attacks making someone as powerful as Irene bleed. Aqua Metria never even managed to hit anybody, and temporarily taking down Lisanna is not as impressive as blocking one of Irene's attacks and making her bleed.
Again I’m not forcing you to think they have equal MP.
In your opinion Wendy MP is more than Lucy and she can’t copy her, that’s fine.

My point was about the usefulness of Gemini, that’s all

Eclopse

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Show me Lucy blocking an attack as strong as Irene's explosion, and one of her attacks making someone as powerful as Irene bleed.
How meaningful are those feats now that we know Irene 1% is a significant powerup for Wendy? They don't really make sense when you think about it.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
How meaningful are those feats now that we know Irene 1% is a significant powerup for Wendy? They don't really make sense when you think about it.
They're stuff that happened. No matter how much sense it doesn't seem to make, I will weigh them over stuff that never happened.
So more meaningful than Gemini copying Wendy.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
You have a misinterpretation of Irene's phrase.

CSK on Lucy's current power would be far superior to Wendy Belserion. The opposite is a delusion.
So basically it is based on your hypothetical PL for him, okay.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

CSK with current Lucy's power will be stronger than Wendy Belserion.

Erza required extreme PoF to win against Kyouka , and Mard was 2.5 times stronger than Kyouka in almost every aspect and in durability he was 3.5 times stronger than her. The guy shrugged off attacks from DF Natsu.

A nerfed CSK was already giving Base Mard a fight , and CSK without his MP being depleted was said to be a match for Mard Geer at full power i.e. Etherious Mard Geer.

Lucy in Tartaros was pretty much a fodder compared to rest of her guildmates. She has improved now , at least the gap has closed.

CSK helped Lucy jump straight to final boss level , which was totally out of Erza and Laxus' paygrade even that time , considering Erza even with extreme PoF could only beat Kyouka.

CSK demolishes Wendy.
The CSK wasn't nerfed nor was it ever said he was on par with a full-powered Mard. Your whole argument is based on poor scaling and the fact that heavy PoS helped Irene not to murder Erza.

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do agree Lucy is very humble about her strength. But unfortunately it does appear she is the weakest on the team. So far shown, her feats aren't more impressive compared to the rest. Mashima really needs to make my sis step up soon because I really can't with this.:emocat

Anyways:
Lucy wins first two scenarios by turning Wendy into a jellyfish again as we saw how that was:teehee

I kind of also would give the 3rd scenario to Lucy because I don't see Wendy Belserion 1% would be able to handle off all of Lucy's spirits and SDM at once from what she shown against Nebal. Maybe if she handled them one at a time since majority of their durability isn't really all that. But question is would she do so with all of them attacking her at once?

But the 4th scenario I would give that to Wendy. Wendy Belserion in Alvarez is not that far from Irene's level of MP. Lucy and Yukino even with the help of the CSK I wouldn't say can beat her. With the CSK being there it be high a difficult fight but his only feats are that of Base Mard Geer as he's being powered by a weakened Lucy. I can't say where he stands with her current level of strength but I do know from his feats it isn't that of Wendy Belserion level.