Fantasy - Jellal vs Sabertooth | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Jellal vs Sabertooth

Jellal vs Sabertooth

• Total voters

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Nope , I don't believe Acno in human form can oneshot Zeref even if he wasn't immortal.

Igneel's power gave Natsu the capacity to use FDKM to it's full potential , and I rank Igneel Natsu as Human Igneel. It basically gave him the capacity to dish out attacks on Human Acnologia's level. And those attacks were actually bypassing Zeref's immortality , since it was power of the dead , so it was Zeref's own durability which was tanking those attacks. And we know Igneel Natsu wasn't playing around , he was bloodlusted. Zeref tanked 9 of those attacks and only on the 10th attack he would've been supposedly killed. I don't believe Human Acno can oneshot him. And may be Touka can tank his attacks too for a while

Dragon Acno oneshots Zeref too because Ignia's one roar attack scales to the entire power from Natsu's guild mark which he received from the guild , which oneshotted Zeref.
I honestly think August > Zeref, if we remove immortality.

DF Natsu was a match for Zeref, no guild power bullshit back then. I think human Acno can one shot DF Natsu, I also think DF Natsu < August

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I honestly think August > Zeref, if we remove immortality.

DF Natsu was a match for Zeref, no guild power bullshit back then. I think human Acno can one shot DF Natsu, I also think DF Natsu < August
I am assuming you're serious here , so I'll intervene in the convo if you don't mind. August cannot be stronger than Zeref , because the story itself wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Zeref needs power of the dead which is stronger than himself to die. That's his wish. But the problem here is , someone needs to die for obtaining the power of the dead. If someone weaker than him dies , the power won't be of any use to him. Whereas he cannot force someone stronger than him to die because they're simply stronger ( common sense ). Someone like Acnologia isn't going to give up his life just so that Zeref can lift his curse. So he was happy when he saw that Natsu received Igneel's power , since Igneel's power from the dead was stronger than him , and he felt grateful to Igneel too. That's the reason he created many etherious from the underworld and hoping someone would be stronger than him and kill him , and that would be END.

If August was indeed stronger than him , he would've already used him to fulfill his wish. In fact , August himself would've offered his life so that Zeref could fulfill his wish , we know August was loyal to him and was even ready to give up his life for him , and he would've liked to see his father's wish fulfilled. The fact that that didn't happen means August isn't stronger.

I don't mean to sound rude since you're talking decently , but .... if you think August is stronger you didn't even read the story properly.

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I am assuming you're serious here , so I'll intervene in the convo if you don't mind. August cannot be stronger than Zeref , because the story itself wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Zeref needs power of the dead which is stronger than himself to die. That's his wish. But the problem here is , someone needs to die for obtaining the power of the dead. If someone weaker than him dies , the power won't be of any use to him. Whereas he cannot force someone stronger than him to die because they're simply stronger ( common sense ). Someone like Acnologia isn't going to give up his life just so that Zeref can lift his curse. So he was happy when he saw that Natsu received Igneel's power , since Igneel's power from the dead was stronger than him , and he felt grateful to Igneel too. That's the reason he created many etherious from the underworld and hoping someone would be stronger than him and kill him , and that would be END.

If August was indeed stronger than him , he would've already used him to fulfill his wish. In fact , August himself would've offered his life so that Zeref could fulfill his wish , we know August was loyal to him and was even ready to give up his life for him , and he would've liked to see his father's wish fulfilled. The fact that that didn't happen means August isn't stronger.

I don't mean to sound rude since you're talking decently , but .... if you think August is stronger you didn't even read the story properly.
You're looking too much into this lol.
Zeref never even thought about this possibility, until Natsu came with Igneel's powers.

Even otherwise, Zeref, in the end, was conflicted on whether he wanted to die or not. He wanted to reverse time and go back 400 years.

As for Zeref being stronger than August, @Jean Grey profile pic and sig :derp

Fyron

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
You're looking too much into this lol.
Zeref never even thought about this possibility, until Natsu came with Igneel's powers.

Even otherwise, Zeref, in the end, was conflicted on whether he wanted to die or not. He wanted to reverse time and go back 400 years.

As for Zeref being stronger than August, @Jean Grey profile pic and sig :derp
I don't really think so. He was trying out that method way back. I consider his etherious as power from the dead.

Natsu and Larcade are confirmed as dead bodies resurrected. Bloodman went back to the underworld after he was defeated. Mard Geer is known as the king of the underworld. All of this points towards his etherious being power of the dead.

Zeref wasn't conflicted until halfway through Alvarez , he still wanted to die halfway through the arc. It was only after igneel's power reserves exhausted that he started getting conflicted.

Well , I'm assuming this is a joke , if it isn't , mind you the same thing would happen to August due to that. Guild Mark Natsu was basically Ignia flames Natsu without physical strength of dragon force.

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No one's penetrating Jellal's defence and anything but WSD Sting's finisher is scratching him. WSD can fight but I doubt he'd be able to do much to Jellal at his best. (assuming it's still on the same version vs. Larcade)

The rest would hardly even make a dent on him tbh, they would just be minor annoyances.

High diff win for Jellal is already pushing it for me. He would probably win with less difficulty if this were to be done in-universe.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Jellal probably wins this. Sting would give him a good fight.

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How is Jellal winning this?

There's no way he'll take on the whole Sabertooth members.

Sabertooth take this med diff.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
How is Jellal winning this?

There's no way he'll take on the whole Sabertooth members.

Sabertooth take this med diff.
Bradman solo'd Sabertooth lol. So why not?

Jellal might face a bit of difficulty only with dual elements Sting, the rest gets wrecked hard. He can finish off the others and then defeat Sting low diff

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rufus and Orga are oneshottable. Orga was oneshotted by Jura, and Jellal can stomp Jura at this point.

So it's really only Sting, Rogue, and Minerva....and it's really just Sting and Minerva after Rogue feeds Sting his shadows, which is by far the best strategy.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rufus and Orga are oneshottable. Orga was oneshotted by Jura, and Jellal can stomp Jura at this point.

So it's really only Sting, Rogue, and Minerva....and it's really just Sting and Minerva after Rogue feeds Sting his shadows, which is by far the best strategy.
Does Rogue even need to feed to him? Laxus doesn't need to feed Natsu lightning anymore for him to use LFD. Sting should be able to use it on his own.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rufus went down to Grau
Does Rogue even need to feed to him? Laxus doesn't need to feed Natsu lightning anymore for him to use LFD. Sting should be able to use it on his own.
Sting could probably use the mode, but he wouldn't get the mp.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rufus went down to Grau

Sting could probably use the mode, but he wouldn't get the mp.
As long as he can use it, and Rogue taps into his DF, I don't think he would need the mp

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As long as he can use it, and Rogue taps into his DF, I don't think he would need the mp
Why do you think he wouldn't need the MP?

Sting's magical power would not have been enough to take out Larcade, and it certainly wouldn't be enough to produce an attack to take out Jellal. He would need Rogue's share to deal damage.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why do you think he wouldn't need the MP?

Sting's magical power would not have been enough to take out Larcade, and it certainly wouldn't be enough to produce an attack to take out Jellal. He would need Rogue's share to deal damage.
Because Sting would be able to use WSD without Rogue's help and Rogue should be able to use his DF. One Rough silk should be able to take out Jellal if they manage to land it

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because Sting would be able to use WSD without Rogue's help and Rogue should be able to use his DF. One Rough silk should be able to take out Jellal if they manage to land it
Sting would be able to use WSD with nothing but his own magical power, this basically just gives him fancier attacks and more versatility.
You don't think Rogue feeding Sting his MP would be a more practical strategy given Jellal could just easily take Rogue out?

Why do you think Rough Silk could take Jellal out? He shrugged off Kyria's roar without getting any cuts whatsoever whereas Kyria managed to leave Erza with a few cuts and squirt some blood out of Natsu with a regular slash.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sting would be able to use WSD with nothing but his own magical power, this basically just gives him fancier attacks and more versatility.
You don't think Rogue feeding Sting his MP would be a more practical strategy given Jellal could just easily take Rogue out?

Why do you think Rough Silk could take Jellal out? He shrugged off Kyria's roar without getting any cuts whatsoever whereas Kyria managed to leave Erza with a few cuts and squirt some blood out of Natsu with a regular slash.
Rogue and Sting is better than just Sting. Rogue's intangibilty helps quite a bit here

Rough Silk>>Kyria Roar obviously. Took out Jiemma and Larcade. Jellal couldn't tank Neinhart's attack

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rogue and Sting is better than just Sting. Rogue's intangibilty helps quite a bit here
Rogue and Sting as separate entities make it easier for Jellal to take one out of the game and essentially make it impossible for Sabertooth to even leave a dent on him.

Rough Silk>>Kyria Roar obviously.
While I do agree that rough silk is probably superior to Kyria's roar, it's not to the point that it would heavily damage Jellal given what it could already do to Erza and what Kyria could do to Natsu with a regular slash.

Took out Jiemma
I know you're trying to hype rough silk but bringing him up isn't doing your argument any favours.

and Larcade.
That's great and all but what makes you think Larcade is durable enough that he would take Kyria's roar and be relatively uninjured without even a single cut similar to Jellal? His best feat was stopping Kagura's sword with two of his fingers, which for what it's worth is an impressive attack, but it's not even close to what Kyria's roar should be capable of doing to even the likes of Natsu and Erza. This, at the very least, puts Jellal's durability above theirs.

Jellal couldn't tank Neinhart's attack
Jellal wasn't even damaged by Neinhart's attack, he just drowned, that's why he was knocked out. He was literally up and running as soon as Kagura gave him a CPR.

If anything, the fact that he reacted (to something Kagura couldn't even perceive) and ran to Kagura to block it is quite an impressive feat.