Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,516
Reaction score
39,588
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Why are you guys even using "This series got reprints" as a meter of comparison without knowing the initial print number? It's pretty much pointless.

All 19 volumes of Kimetsu also ranked in the Top 19 spots today. Though I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence at this point.
Yeah, I don't even get surprised anymore. Just assume that's always the case unless there was a strong release in those specific days (or stock is running out, lol). Heck, the last volume of MIX sold 120k in 5 days and even that couldn't stay above the kimetsu wall for longer than 3 days.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Oh. Higher, then.

What's the lowest selling series to have gotten reprints in the last five years?
Does not matter.

Yozakura did well in that first volume, accepted, there is no way this is always right.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Because demanding reprints shows it exceeded Shueisha's expectations.
But for all you know Ultra Battle Satellite could've had bigger expectations and therefore a higher print number.

Yozakura getting a reprint (albeit a pretty late one) shows that it did better than Shueisha expected, that's it. It doesn't mean anything in a direct comparison.
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
Anyone else here that reads WNL feeling really baffled right now? This is like the biggest rom com plot twists I have ever seen. I'm one of those guys that had a favourite girl but didn't care who the MC ends up with at all but I honestly didn't see this ending coming one bit.....


@Buranchi I kept it vague yeah???? Don't @ me
I didn't, I always thought she was always the girl with the best chance of winning, the only one he seemed to have feelings
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone else here that reads WNL feeling really baffled right now? This is like the biggest rom com plot twists I have ever seen. I'm one of those guys that had a favourite girl but didn't care who the MC ends up with at all but I honestly didn't see this ending coming one bit.....


@Buranchi I kept it vague yeah???? Don't @ me
No, I felt it was the natural conclusion. They've been making it pretty obvious for a whiiiiile now.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
They'll still post the news online, even if the event gets cancelled.
Still not as hype though, this was supposed to be their big moment after years of waiting.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I think We never learn should end in chapter 150.
I was betting on 2 new manga, but seeing that yuuna is also ending I think it will be 3 again.
several sleeves with a romance theme so ending in one go.

gotoubun.
we never learn.
yuuna.
Senryuu Shoujo.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
In the interview with Katayama, he said that in the first script of KnY, he was shocked with Giyuu's words to Tanjirou. He said he never saw those words being told to a MC before.
I wonder what those words are... :emocat
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Has WSJ really changed tho? Yeah, WSJ might have formally stated that they have abandoned the motto but pretty much every series in WSJ follows that motto still in their own way.
Plus KNY is still a typical WSJ series. So are MHA or BC or JK.
CSM might be a departure but we did get Death Note from WSJ in early 2000s and HxH in late 90s which were very much unorthodox WSJ series.

Even the newer series that keep popping up. There's nothing different from them from what we have gotten in the past.
Me neither, just as you said. They inherit the motto in their own way, it's still visibly show.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Can't wait till the flashback is over! Wano is so tiring and Odenwank is tedious as hell.
S8 is preachy and in the nose as always.
Mitama is as hilarious as ever.
Chainsawman balances really good between its different aspects just with in one chapter: comedy, drama and horror.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I mean, not catching a deadly virus that’s now an international crisis is more important than Bleach. I’m sure they understand
Coronavirus isn't a deadly virus, tho.
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I didn't see anyone commenting this bit of info here, so: You can vote on Act-age's popularity poll once a day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top