Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,490
Reaction score
39,515
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I love color pages/spreads from: OP, CSM, JJK, AA, JJBA, YnY, Shaman King, HxH (Dark Continent) & Kimetsu. Also, if we're allowed to talk Jump+ then Jigokuraku for sure.
 
Last edited:

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
I love color pages/spreads from: OP, CSM, JJK, AA, JJBA, YnY, Shaman King, HxH (Dark Continent) & Kimetsu. Also, if we're allowed to talk Jump+ then Jigokuraku for sure.
Before you mentioned it, I never took the initiative to check out Jojo's colour spreads. I think it's because of the official coloured manga that I never thought of it. But I think this one looks pretty cool.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This, Murata is freakin insane



Comparing with the first chapter's spread. Murata had some big polish to his style.
 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I'm looking for a manga about a ninja looking for immortality or something like that. Any ideas?

I can honestly spend a whole day just looking at CPs. Is there a site that compiles all of them?EDIT:does CP mean colour pages or cover pages
 
Last edited:

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
I'm looking for a manga about a ninja looking for immortality or something like that. Any ideas?

I can honestly spend a whole day just looking at CPs. Is there a site that compiles all of them?EDIT:does CP mean colour pages or cover pages
Jigokuraku?
 

Rouk'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
664
Age
27
Country
France
Yeah, it's Neverland for me, both current and all time
I don't think I've ever liked an artstyle that much. At this point, the only reason I still buy the TPN volumes is because I love Posuka's art
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
This, Murata is freakin insane

The one I posted is one of my favorites solely because of the paneling and layout he went with. It's very cinematic.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Guys, I think that's enough postings of color pages. You can just state which series you like in that regard, and not literally post the color pages themselves.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
So... Changing topics, reading Hitman (Seo Kouji) reminded me something, which editors have the most series on their plate right now in Jump?
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I'm looking for a manga about a ninja looking for immortality or something like that. Any ideas?

I can honestly spend a whole day just looking at CPs. Is there a site that compiles all of them?EDIT:does CP mean colour pages or cover pages
Well there is an manga called "immortal of the blade" but not searching, hes dealing with it
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I'm looking for a manga about a ninja looking for immortality or something like that. Any ideas?

I can honestly spend a whole day just looking at CPs. Is there a site that compiles all of them?EDIT:does CP mean colour pages or cover pages
Jigokuraku
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Before you mentioned it, I never took the initiative to check out Jojo's colour spreads. I think it's because of the official coloured manga that I never thought of it. But I think this one looks pretty cool.

That's not a color page from the series. It was a special poster for the 10th Aniversary of Jojo in a 1997 issue. I should know, I was the one who helped find that for the Jojo wiki
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Not for me tho. Beside laugh tale, all of OP revelations since timeskip disappoint for me.
Doflamingo is a huge let down compare to how enigmatic he was before. Big Mom and Kaido are jokes compare to Whitebeard. The secret of poneglyph is lackluster. Sanji arc is a draw out mess of the same thing Usopp done before.
Fishman arc was a warning sign that I should listen to. Now, witnessing the arc that supposed to draw fans back in, I keep wondering why the hell I still read this manga.
Must be sunk cost fallacy. Yup, sunk cost fallacy.
Lol I dont think he was talking about OP. Doffy was a huge letdown? First time hearing that and I've heard all the OP "criticisms" in the book. He was very well fleshed out post-TS.

I know it's a fallacy but there's still a good 5+ years left of the series. Better to cut your "losses" now instead of whining about the series and well the fandom.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
Resting aside, I would've assumed KnY didnt need it seeing how close it is to ending. Im not sure how close TPN is to ending so I could be wrong as its on the list.
Both could easily go another six months, if not more. That's quite a long time to go without a break.


Actually, this raises a good question; what does it say about today's manga reading audience that Kimetsu, once given the right push, got so huge?
That hypes are still a thing?

I'm sure those readers genuinely like the series, but I also know many of them would never have tried it if everyone wasn't talking about it. Which isn't a new phenomenon, though you could argue that hypes spread harder and faster now because mass communication has become so much easier compared to 30 years ago.


The reason you're reading it is simple. OP is so long at this point everyone, regardless of how much they truly care, still want the answer. Once we learn what the One Piece really is, I imagine interest will dwindle fast.
This is the reason why I'm kind of hoping for Zipman to get cancelled even though I like the series. I want to see how they're going to resolve everything and I don't want to have to read through several years of meandering before they get to it.


Eh. Like you've mentioned, OP has been getting color spreads and covers probably more than any manga in any year since its debut in 1997. So after a point, any new color spread just seems like the other.
I don't know about colour, but I always loved the illustrations between chapters in YuYuHakusho. They showed the characters in all kinds of different settings, professions, clothes... Compared to that, Oda's in-betweens always seemed boring to me, because he never did anything out-of-the-box with them (and I only have the first 15-or-so volumes, so it's not because he ran out of ideas). I'm sure he could still come up with new things if they just expanded the possibilities a bit.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, the CSM double CP slipped since I saw OP's and thought it was the only one in this issue. I guess this is what the editorial department was thinking when they came up with the strategy, huh?
But now I have seen it and I gotta ask: Is it the first time Jump depicts sex on a douple CP? It's kind of a weird move.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Oh, the CSM double CP slipped since I saw OP's and thought it was the only one in this issue. I guess this is what the editorial department was thinking when they came up with the strategy, huh?
But now I have seen it and I gotta ask: Is it the first time Jump depicts sex on a douple CP? It's kind of a weird move.
It was mentioned before, but the scene doesn't necessarily need to be interpreted as sex.

It could be just naked girls in "sexy" positions (even the scissoring). In that interpretation, it wouldn't be so different from Yuuna (although it will be less sexualized)
 
Last edited:

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
So... Changing topics, reading Hitman (Seo Kouji) reminded me something, which editors have the most series on their plate right now in Jump?
Katayama: Jujutsu Kaisen, Yozakura Family
Taguchi: Samurai 8, Agravity Boys
Asai: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Mashle
Murakoshi: Act-Age, Guardian of the Witch
Honda: Dr. Stone, Undead Unluck

Also Shihei if we're including Jump+ (Chainsaw Man, Spy × Family, Heart Gear, Moon Land).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top