Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I don't think you really remember these characters well, because they were not the same characters at all unless you consider the whole "being played by someone bigger = same character" which is a very shalow way to see things, also not because their battle took long, but because they were full characters with a whole story and motivations developed and a giant build up behind it, what is Muzan? just the bad guy because he is the bad guy and a final battle waving tentacles non stop, i do agree that Madara end wasn't really good but neither Muzan is going to be at this point too.
Let alone Madara but about Obito, his motivations were provoked by the death of the girl who had rejected him (I don't remember if he ever confessed to her) and still loved another boy.

Tobi was fun but after it was revealed his backstory, it just went down as villian. Not to mention he helped the good guys during the final fight.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Madara and Obito were bad guys because they were bad guys too, their motivations didn't make sense and in the end it came down to "Uchihas are inherently hateful". And if you're going to generalise this fight as Muzan just waving tentacles, they (Madara especially) spent most of the fight just tanking hits and doing nothing. Seriously, go back and read it, large portions of the final battle was other people doing all these cool attacks while Madara just stands there getting hit and doesn't even attack back.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Best villain in an early cancelled series would be an interesting question too, though there's probably way too many to pick from.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Madara and Obito were bad guys because they were bad guys too, their motivations didn't make sense and in the end it came down to "Uchihas are inherently hateful"
Yeah, you don't really remember these characters at all, much less their backstory, not to mention your obvious hate against the series overflowing in the comments, my points about Muzan stand right since you're not even trying to argue about it, just trying to compare with some Madara fight :eyeroll
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Leaving my top.
1-Shishio Makoto
2-Hao Asakura
3-Zabuza
4-Toguro

The rest can't decide really.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I like Naruto as a series, I even liked the war arc before those two, it had a lot of good wrap-up to side character's arcs, but Madara and Obito were just not good villains at all. Heck, Kaguya was a better final villain than those two and also didn't spend 100 chapters just blocking attacks.
 

victoralmeida04

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Age
28
Country
Brazil
This brings up an interesting idea. What would you guys say is your top 10 Jump villains? You can do top 5 or 3 if you want as well.
My Favorites

Aizen
Meruem
Sensui
Light
Doflamingo
Katakuri
Nagato
Akashi (If he counts as a villain)

I like but it's not a totally memorable villain

Boo
Isabella
Dante (I think he could become a great villain in the future)
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
I like Naruto as a series, but Madara and Obito were just not good villains at all. Kaguya was a better final villian than those two (and also didn't take 100 chapters of nothing to not even have an end to the fight like Madara).
What a weird take. I think it's the first time I read that Kaguya was better than Madara. I mean, most of the people disliked her a lot for backstabbing him like nothing.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've literally never heard anyone praise Kaguya, even hardcore Naruto fans. >_>
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Maybe it's because I read Naruto after it finished and knew Kagura was coming but I didn't mind her. Not sure I'd call her the better final villian of the series (although I don't think I'd consider anyone for that role) but I didn't think she was that bad overall.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe it's because I read Naruto after it finished and knew Kagura was coming but I didn't mind her. Not sure I'd call her the better final villian of the series (although I don't think I'd consider anyone for that role) but I didn't think she was that bad overall.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
A "bad" villain IMO is one who exists purely to act as an obstacle without a character of their own. Most One Piece and Hitman Reborn villains have that.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
My top

1. Crocodile
2. Takasugi
3. Rob Lucci
4. Pain
5. Light (yeah he’s the MC of Death note but hes def the bad Guy of his series tho)
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I've always said Kaguya was a better finale than Obito and Madara. Those two were both just more pointlessly OP Uchiha, took way too long for a fight that really didn't justify it, had motivations that didn't make sense, and spent most of their fight standing around tanking hits.

Kaguya on the other hand had a cool design (her battle in general was full of cool visuals), had a fun link back to that early line about Byakugan being the originals, it was fun seeing an actual god for a change instead of some smug asshat who wants to be one, and also wasn't yet another edgelord Uchiha. And of course her fight was pretty concise and well paced. As a final villain and final battle, I enjoyed Kaguya a heck of a lot more than the 2+ years of Uchiha nonsense.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've literally never heard anyone praise Kaguya, even hardcore Naruto fans. >_>
I like Kaguya and also love the Ootsutsukis



Most of the criticism was because she "appeared out of nowhere" (which is a lie) and that Madara, the loved one by fans, got robbed and a bad ending because of her (which isn't a lie), but people stopped hating her quickly, her backstory arc and the whole fight against her was even praised in the anime when adapted.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I like Kaguya and also love the Ootsutsukis



Most of the criticism was because she "appeared out of nowhere" (which is a lie) and that Madara, the loved one by fans, got robbed and a bad ending because of her (which isn't a lie), but people stopped hating her quickly, her backstory arc and the whole fight against her was even praised in the anime when adapted.
"Backstory arc" "Adapted"

...You realize that was filler, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top