Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 199 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Prior to perfecting the breath he got literally owned by Muzan while fighting him with an entire group of pillars, after that he was able to hold him out by himself for several minutes until the drug kicked in and the other slayers could join the fight again. There is no way just perfecting the breath was going to suddendly make him godtier, this series is still mostly grounded, strength comes from talent and training.

Did you expect him to get a bankai? Go super saiyan and have his power multipled x100 times? If so, I'm sorry, but you simply had the wrong idea.
Yet you didn t answer my question. This is getting nowhere I rather stop But I just say this one last time

Tanjiro gaining 13 form did nothing and contribute to nothing. Which suppose To contribute to something

How about other pillars and demon slayers they didn t have breath of the sun they still able to hold their own that lead to Muzan defeat

Tanjiro got beaten Muzan pretty fast first time because he was very careless and very injure from his battle against Akaza he wasn t weak without breath of the sun. Look at battle against Akaza.

In the end 13 form and breath of the sun was useless and worthless

All they need is Tamayo opp medicine and Outnumbers pillars and demon slayers

Give me good answer then I will respond or not consider this conversation over.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Yet you didn t answer my question. This is getting nowhere I rather stop But I just say this one last time

Tanjiro gaining 13 form did nothing and contribute to nothing. Which suppose To contribute to something

How about other pillars and demon slayers they didn t have breath of the sun they still able to hold their own that lead to Muzan defeat

Tanjiro got beaten Muzan pretty fast first time because he was very careless and very injure from his battle against Akaza he wasn t weak without breath of the sun. Look at battle against Akaza.

In the end 13 form and breath of the sun was useless and worthless

All they need is Tamayo opp medicine and Outnumbers pillars and demon slayers

Give me good answer then I will spond or not consider this conversation over.
I literally already answered about the BotS contribution. If you aren't able to read and address my point properly that's not my problem.
The pillars are all more talented than Tanjirou is, they have always been. Even then, the only pillar to actually contribute more to the fight than Tanjirou is Snake, who got red blade+mark and was one of the only 2 fighters in peak condition (the other being love).

Inosuke, Zenitsu and Kanao barely did anything, and certainly didn't do more than Tanjirou.

I have my grips with the fight and I don't think it was well executed, but crying that Tanjiro didn't simply become batshit crazy broken because he saw how Yoriichi did the breath in his memories isn't among them. He simply doesn't have the strength, the agility, the experience and the talent of Yoriichi, deal with it. AND on top of that he was already entering the fight heavily damaged.

Also if you don't want to answer anymore don't worry, I assure you I won't lose sleep over it.
 

Taiyoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
46
Age
25
Country
Romania
Next chapters will probably contain these:
-Muzan's death and more of his backstory.
-Obanai's death + sad moment between him and Mitsuri
-Gyomei's death
-Nezuko arriving to the battlefield
-Urokodaki may arrive too(?)
-Aftermath and recovery.

We just have to wait and see.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, this chapter explains the entirety of the manga. Muzan's real identity is a runaway konjiki azogi jizu, mayuri's bankai.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And this series is extremely over, tanjiro's fighting days are beyond over.
 

Zerodx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2018
Messages
622
Reaction score
587
Age
29
Country
Indonesia
The series where the character didnt miraculously able to beat the main boss but instead everybody lose their part of bodyto win
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Also looking at muzan's at least apparent end... It looks like we will get no further context regarding why yorichi was able to kill muzan. As far as i can tell the most reasonable explanation so far is that his red blade was superior to that of the other demon slayers.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Also looking at muzan's at least apparent end... It looks like we will get no further context regarding why yorichi was able to kill muzan. As far as i can tell the most reasonable explanation so far is that his red blade was superior to that of the other demon slayers.
I don't think he was. He simply had the power to continuously slice Muzan till dawn.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Giant baby Muzan?

:XD
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
Did Tanjirou lose an arm? I am not completely satisfied if it end like this , in my opinion all the pillars had to die . It's more like the change of generation even if the demon slayer corps will be dispanded . I don't understand why Tengen didn't take part in the fight , I mean he lost an arm but just look at Sasuke / Shanks or also Giyuu , it's not impossibile to fight without an arm. I hope the author gives us a good final and not the crap (that I can see coming) of a full Tensei thing or with the death of everybody but Nezuko .
 

-Stray

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2017
Messages
197
Reaction score
340
Age
33
Country
Avatar
They all got screwed so hard, be that as it may while Muzan didn't technically kill any of the pillars he did make sure none of them are almost capable of fighting again, at least besides Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanroji and Kanao who didn't lose any part of their body while fighting Muzan.
I really think all the slayers will die along with Muzan, opening up the new world without the demons and the demon slayers having Nezuko the only remaining survivor that went through it and the ones that were far away from the fight.
Like someone said I think Nezuko's only role for rushing in the battle field is for her to see Tanjirou in his dying moment and bidding him farewell.
This will probably be the most depressing ending I've read in a shounen final battle. I mean NNT, FT, YYH, DB, TG,Bleach,Naruto,Beelzebub,Gintama didn't have these kinds of damages done to their main characters and all had a happy ever after gig, this one may get a happy ever after ending but in a form of Tanjirou reuniting with his family in the other world along with his fallen comrades.
I don't like my characters dying but with KNY... it seems fitting.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
Lol people still saying everyone gonna die theory sigh give it rest guys.

Even though Gotouge didn t kill anyone in Muzan fight??
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
You do realize that the protagonists are human, right? Missing limbs, eyes, severe trunk trauma, perforating wounds in the face - all fatal without immediate intervention.
Mitsuri is the only Hashira that is highly likely to remain alive. Sanemi and Giyuu are at least at moderate risk of death from their injuries, and it is heavily implied Himejima and Iguro will lose their lives here - the former from the mark, and the latter... need I explain?
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
You do realize that the protagonists are human, right? Missing limbs, eyes, severe trunk trauma, perforating wounds in the face - all fatal without immediate intervention.
Mitsuri is the only Hashira that is highly likely to remain alive. Sanemi and Giyuu are at least at moderate risk of death from their injuries, and it is heavily implied Himejima and Iguro will lose their lives here - the former from the mark, and the latter... need I explain?
Doesn t mean they will die in the end those injuries are curable the fact they still able to fight is more reason to say they aren t gonna drop dead instantly.

Yushiro and a lot medic around. Have no idea how you guys think this injuries will kill them.

The fact they still able to fight and remain conciouness despite how horrible injuries are prove they aren t on verge of death.
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
They all got screwed so hard, be that as it may while Muzan didn't technically kill any of the pillars he did make sure none of them are almost capable of fighting again, at least besides Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanroji and Kanao who didn't lose any part of their body while fighting Muzan.
I really think all the slayers will die along with Muzan, opening up the new world without the demons and the demon slayers having Nezuko the only remaining survivor that went through it and the ones that were far away from the fight.
Like someone said I think Nezuko's only role for rushing in the battle field is for her to see Tanjirou in his dying moment and bidding him farewell.
This will probably be the most depressing ending I've read in a shounen final battle. I mean NNT, FT, YYH, DB, TG,Bleach,Naruto,Beelzebub,Gintama didn't have these kinds of damages done to their main characters and all had a happy ever after gig, this one may get a happy ever after ending but in a form of Tanjirou reuniting with his family in the other world along with his fallen comrades.
I don't like my characters dying but with KNY... it seems fitting.
I really don’t see how can Tanjirou Zenitsu Inosuke Kanao and probably Sanemi and Giyuu die in this moment. I mean they basically defeated him . Still KNY has been really a depressed manga , I mean many relevant and loved characters died . Just to take stock of the situation:

Rengoku : dead , Shinobu : dead , Muichiro : dead , Senya : dead , Obanai : lost his eyes and probably dead , Gyomei : lost a leg , Giyuu : lost an arm , Mitsuri : several injuries , Sanemi : lost 2 fingers , several injuries , Uzui : lost an eye and an arm , Tanjirou : lost a eye and an arm , Kanao : probably lost an eye . And that’s it , KNY is the only shounen that I have ever read with so many death and injuries , but I feel like that is okay
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Doesn t mean they will die in the end those injuries are curable the fact they still able to fight is more reason to say they aren t gonna drop dead instantly.

Yushiro and a lot medic around. Have no idea how you guys think this injuries will kill them.

The fact they still able to fight and remain conciouness despite how horrible injuries are prove they aren t on verge of death.
They remain conscious and fight from sheer willpower. The murderous asshole they and their ancestors have been chasing for centuries is seconds away from being disintegrated by the sun, so no wonder they're giving their all just to see the demon die. Once Muzan is dead and the adrenaline rush wears off, however, just watch all of them collapse.
 

levi12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2018
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
897
Age
27
Country
Austria
They remain conscious and fight from sheer willpower. The murderous asshole they and their ancestors have been chasing for centuries is seconds away from being disintegrated by the sun, so no wonder they're giving their all just to see the demon die. Once Muzan is dead and the adrenaline rush wears off, however, just watch all of them collapse.
I can see some of them dying but all important characters dying I don t think so.

four main characters dying? Gotouge hasn t step in that territory of killing main characters. So its unknown Gotouge will kill them

Gotouge has many chances to kill off most of this guys but haven t done it.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I can see some of them dying but all important characters dying I don t think so.
Not all, for sure. Tanjirou seems to be in a pretty bad condition, but I think he'll survive, considering Iguro stood in front of him and took the blow from Muzan last chapter. Wouldn't be much of a sacrifice if Tanjirou died anyway.
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh shit... Muzan isn't completely burnt... I see Deus Ex Machina incoming...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I hope it doesn't happen, but since the page ends with muzan decaying still - not completely dead -, what if they give us now the explanation of why Nezuko developed Sunlight resistance and apply it to Muzan?...
 

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The hell is that? Looks like a big evil baby form.
 

shorikawa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Did Tanjiro lose both of his arms...? Why is his right arm there in the second to last page?
 
Top