Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 199 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Kawap1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Age
34
Country
Canada
Muzan has zero kills on important characters

This is the most underwhelming final battle I seen

I am extremely bored of hearing this theory Tanjiro gonna die and Pillars. which isn t gonna happen I am pretty sure.

The fact Gotouge hasn t made Muzan kill any revelant characters beside maybe Tamayo. Prove she isn t going to that downer ending. Have many chances Gotouge could Kill them all.

Gotouge ain t game of thrones level of tragedy she just even more half of it.
He took Tanjiro’s arm and half his face. Blinded Obani. Took Stones leg. There’s still the chance that several might die from the poison. Yet you’re bitching cause he hasn’t had a real kill? This is shounen anime not game
Of thrones. How many animes kill off important characters in general? Most don’t. The author has already liked multiple people throughout the show. He doesn’t need to kill a bunch more in the end. If you can’t enjoy a battle without several people dying, quit anime and go watch something else.

Not to mention there’s still a good chance majority will die from the poison and are just toughening it out till the end. There’s a good chance they will die to the poison after Muzan dies. So quit crying.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Did you expect Tanjiro to suddendly be fucking Yoriichi or what? He never had that kind of talent. He was never even as strong as his father. We've known that much from the beginning. Tanjiro holding out so long against Muzan was a great contribution, but if you expected him to suddendly solo Muzan or something, that's on you for being delusional.
Tanjiro fighting Muzan for a few minutes BY HIMSELF after Muzan owned 7 people by himself, 5 of who are pillar level, is a huge feat. Stone who had see through world got wrecked by Muzan and Tanjiro was fighting him without it. That is crazy impressive given how easily Muzan wrecked him at the start.
Also, Yorichii is god tier. Muzan even called him a demon. That’s the ultimate compliment
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think he was. He simply had the power to continuously slice Muzan till dawn.
To me that is easily the most reasonable scenario tbh. As in, I could live with that. but muzan did mention yorichi's red blade was superior to the others. And it seems like red blade wounds from yorichi endured while the ones from the hashira at least have not been mentioned to remain. If yorichi's red blade is superior to that of the remaining fighters its not implausible it alone would be enough. Though I really wish the series would clarify this (but it doesn't make sense to go too deep into this after muzan dies).
 

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bruh, you don't need to kill people to show how strong you are. Muzan essentially faced every remaining pillar + Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu and made them all struggle.

If that's not impressive to you then nothing will please you.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
As far as hashira dying... I think a good number will survive, though permanently maimed. Iguro seems like he is goner though. Some of the hashira could pull through given that their breaths can be used to prevent them from bleeding out too quickly. And even then, it is entirely possible that most of them won't like much longer due to being marked. maybe tanjiro will survive past his 20s because it shenanigans made his blade black (besides his breath, a trait he shared with yorichi).
 

Taiyoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
46
Age
25
Country
Romania
It's sad to see that people think that if the villain doesn't kill anyone then he's weak. Muzan was able to hold all of the hashiras and characters for so long and injured them heavily, in the aftermath of this some hashiras will probably die, they're human after all. I can't wait to see how this plays in the next chapters.
 

Kawap1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Age
34
Country
Canada
i mean he crippled half of them and left most of them missing a limb, and he was poisoned
hee took more than a pound of fleseh on his way out
he destroyed the slayers on his way out
Exactly. He proved he was the strongest demon by far. Plus many might die from the poison or the mark. The reason why they’re alive here was cause of teamwork and strength in numbers. Muzan nearly got several kills but when theres 9 people all saving each other’s lives, it’s hard. Plus yushiro and the cat are healing everyone plus Tamayo’s drug. Upm1 fought 4 people. Muzan is fighting 9 plus 2 more behind the scenes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's sad to see that people think that if the villain doesn't kill anyone then he's weak. Muzan was able to hold all of the hashiras and characters for so long and injured them heavily, in the aftermath of this some hashiras will probably die, they're human after all. I can't wait to see how this plays in the next chapters.
It was a 9 v 1 and even then, he was owning them despite he was constantly getting weaker. If yushiro wasn’t healing everyone, Muzan would’ve killed everyone before Tamayo’s drug took full effect. Muzan is fighting twice the amount of people as UPM1.
how can people bitch when Muzan is fighting 9 + 2 + all the other demon slayers
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Bruh, you don't need to kill people to show how strong you are. Muzan essentially faced every remaining pillar + Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu and made them all struggle.

If that's not impressive to you then nothing will please you.
More than struggle. They’re all at an inch of their for and badly poisoned. Most are missing limbs or their eyes. Also, everyone single one of them nearly got killed but were saved by each other. Every time Muzan is about to land a fatal blow, another person comes and saves them. It’s hard to get a kill when there’s 9 people protecting each other.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Bruh, you don't need to kill people to show how strong you are. Muzan essentially faced every remaining pillar + Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu and made them all struggle.

If that's not impressive to you then nothing will please you.
And he was nerfed by Tamayo's drug. Don't forget that.
 

Sato-san

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Muzan, still has a chance at getting away based on these spoilers and what he was trying to do, going into that demon form. We gotta wait and see when the official scans come out
 

Meliodaf

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
3,510
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought this was a good fight. The manga had no problem killing a few people early and Muzan beat the hell out of them for a while so there was always some tension. In my experience the final antagonist is never the best fight so this was ok.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I think at least one person will succumb to their wounds
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy

Muzan, still has a chance at getting away based on these spoilers and what he was trying to do, going into that demon form. We gotta wait and see when the official scans come out
Seeing the last page, why do you say that?

Also, I can't take that giant baby seriously at all lol.
 

Sato-san

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seeing the last page, why do you say that?

Also, I can't take that giant baby seriously at all lol.
The description says that he grew into that big baby form in order to protect his main body and was trying to dig into the ground to hide, but Tanjirou basically messed that up by fighting out of the form. I’m just saying that if he started to get into the ground with that baby form and split after Tanjirou fought out, he has a chance of being alive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I also feel like that’s the reason for Nezuko comming there still if that’s the case. He might just be waiting his time out, but then when he finds out that she’s there he’ll go Elder Toguro and try to infuse himself inside of her body and as she’s being turned into a Demon, she could unleash her Blood Demon Art, burning him from inside of her since Tamayo noted that her blood is poisonous to Muzan’s blood.
 

TylerHawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
2,638
Age
34
Country
United States
i mean he crippled half of them and left most of them missing a limb, and he was poisoned
hee took more than a pound of fleseh on his way out
he destroyed the slayers on his way out
The Upper Moons as characters were more interesting than Muzan & people actually died just so the others could succeed. Now this can change but we'll see. Compared to the other fights I didn't really feel any tension, when Muzan first transformed I did... after I was bored.

Muzan has done the same move for well over 16 chapters, finally shows something slightly different last chapter and is possibly dying at the end.

He is underwhelming and a disappointment personally.
 
Last edited:

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Personally, I think Muzan's new form and his lack of backstory so far makes him pretty underwhelming/disappointing. I definitely agree that characters like Akaza and Kokushibo and more well written than him, but power wise he's not disappointing. I do wish he'd use some more named attacks though instead of just wobbling his arms around.
 

TylerHawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
2,638
Age
34
Country
United States
Personally, I think Muzan's new form and his lack of backstory so far makes him pretty underwhelming/disappointing. I definitely agree that characters like Akaza and Kokushibo and more well written than him, but power wise he's not disappointing. I do wish he'd use some more named attacks though instead of just wobbling his arms around.
Power wise hes not bad but when you read chapters where hes just waving his arms back and forth for 15+ chapters ( 3 months & some change ) it's pretty underwhelming... especially since he hasn't actually taken anyone out yet.
 

Kawap1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Age
34
Country
Canada
To me that is easily the most reasonable scenario tbh. As in, I could live with that. but muzan did mention yorichi's red blade was superior to the others. And it seems like red blade wounds from yorichi endured while the ones from the hashira at least have not been mentioned to remain. If yorichi's red blade is superior to that of the remaining fighters its not implausible it alone would be enough. Though I really wish the series would clarify this (but it doesn't make sense to go too deep into this after muzan dies).
Muzan couldnt regen at all frlm
Yorichii’s attack. The other red blades slowed it down but Yorichii just stopped it. Even 400 years later, he still hasn’t fully recovered from it. Yorichii was able to inflict damage that even Muzan couldn’t heal. Not sure how but Yorichii was something else
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
The description says that he grew into that big baby form in order to protect his main body and was trying to dig into the ground to hide, but Tanjirou basically messed that up by fighting out of the form. I’m just saying that if he started to get into the ground with that baby form and split after Tanjirou fought out, he has a chance of being alive.
Ah, the editor's text. Yeah, I could've seen it as a possiblity if it weren't for the damage shown in that last panel.

But seriously, I can't get over this baby form lol. Is it gonna be connected to a tragic backstory™ or something?
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Spoilers?! Thank you!

Tanjiro lost an arm......Yikes, our MC has gotten his gotten his ass kicked, in this final fight. And has needed help throughout the the entire fight. Muzan is fighting desperately, and it does seem like he has made some sort of escape somehow...maybe

The final fight is just a lil weird compared to recent fights in the manga & the shounen manga where a MC eventually starts to gain momentum and defeat the villain.

No Demon Slayer or final villain Rivals Yourichi. Yet Muzan was so strong 5 Pillars couldn't slow him for long, even while he was poisoned, a refreshed Tanjiro with assistance still couldn't close the gap in superiority.

Muzan's repeatative attacks compared to other Demon's art moves were boring. And in the end he starts to show more transfigurstions & demon arts. But our characters just don't measure up unless teameorked assisted and Muzan is drugged, can they even hope to fight him.

I like the arc Just wish, a Demon slayer like Gyomei or Tanjiro had more bad ass moments against Muzan.
 

animeangryfan4

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
877
Reaction score
512
Age
37
Country
Sweden
looks to good to be true. I hppe Muzan truly does die but I have a feeling he wont. But if next chapter gives us a litel of his backstory and his death thats good enough. Him turning into that form there was freaky, btu I guess it was meant to show what Muzan had become
A hostile man with a mind of selfihs child, fear overhwlming him warping his face, that in the end all that was left was Ugliness and his Selfish side
the picture of a monterous baby.
Do not know what happened to the Pillars though.
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
Looking at the scans seems like Obanai is still alive but Giyuu sacrificed himself . Well I thought Giyuu would have died way before the fight with Muzan . Still I am not really happy with the final , but I am no disappointed in Muzan . He managed to damage every demon slayer that attacked him and basically killed Obanai and/or Giyuu . I don’t really understand what role can take Nezuko in the story right now , the only thing that comes to mind is to assist Tanjirou in his death , but to be honest I think it’s impossibile that Tanjirou dies.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looking at the scans seems like Obanai is still alive but Giyuu sacrificed himself . Well I thought Giyuu would have died way before the fight with Muzan . Still I am not really happy with the final , but I am no disappointed in Muzan . He managed to damage every demon slayer that attacked him and basically killed Obanai and/or Giyuu . I don’t really understand what role can take Nezuko in the story right now , the only thing that comes to mind is to assist Tanjirou in his death , but to be honest I think it’s impossibile that Tanjirou dies.
Sorry I misplayed It is Tanjirou that “entered” Baby Muzan . Maybe he dies there . So at the end Giyuu is alive , didn’t expect that.
 
Top