Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Who will be Sanji's main opponent during the Raid on Onigashima?


  • Total voters
    100

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
I was thinking that as well, but idk how Oda will pull it off.
Of all the ways they have King to strike they did it with fiery while sane episode Sanji did his own. Feel this too coincidental to just be one-off especially timing of things. Anime is known to foreshadow stuff from manga even later before it like that Kyoshiro sleeping was signal on Denjiro.

Feel this could be signal Sanji vs King fight which in deep honestly make sense as who else can do sky battle with him and handle his flames in combat. Oda could be hinting a lot on that episode if gave go about how they portray things like that.

Plus writing wise, Sanji will be go after YCs since Beast Pirate want to go after him more given his actions. Seeing how quick King rise to get rid of BM, feel he be the one to go after Sanji himself as well. If Luffy want to have face off with Kaido and beat him, not farfetch for Sanji to face with King and beat him too.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Of all the ways they have King to strike they did it with fiery while sane episode Sanji did his own. Feel this too coincidental to just be one-off especially timing of things. Anime is known to foreshadow stuff from manga even later before it like that Kyoshiro sleeping was signal on Denjiro.

Feel this could be signal Sanji vs King fight which in deep honestly make sense as who else can do sky battle with him and handle his flames in combat. Oda could be hinting a lot on that episode if gave go about how they portray things like that.

Plus writing wise, Sanji will be go after YCs since Beast Pirate want to go after him more given his actions. Seeing how quick King rise to get rid of BM, feel he be the one to go after Sanji himself as well. If Luffy want to have face off with Kaido and beat him, not farfetch for Sanji to face with King and beat him too.
And I still have my doubts. It would stretch the imagination.

Sanji hasn't shown he can handle a YC1 same as Zoro.

Neither have shown any thing yet... But King Queen seem to be on equal grounding so....... idk. Just have to see
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Sanji can very likely take on the executives of BM. I think logically Sanji doesnt seem to be capable of facing a high lv Commander without extreme difficulty....

I think even someone like Persopero would be a tough fight for Sanji. But Daifuku or Oven, they deserve to get low-mid diff by Sanji
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Sanji can very likely take on the executives of BM. I think logically Sanji doesnt seem to be capable of facing a high lv Commander without extreme difficulty....

I think even someone like Persopero would be a tough fight for Sanji. But Daifuku or Oven, they deserve to get low-mid diff by Sanji
Nah too easy especially Perospero abilities got stomped by Luffy's Red Hawk. With Sanji's power he be too easy of a fight. Better he face YC being King and Queen and grow in a fight like Luffy did with Katakuri. Haki grows stronger the tougher the enemy is. He won't get there facing enemies like that and being YC lvl for Strawhat crew.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Bruh, we were all Law last episode fanboying over Osabo Mask!!!!

Bruh the Sanji hype was gucking real! I can't wait for him to use it again! Fuck that was a great hype episode for Sanji!

@King Moe you gotta check it out.

Law what giving us the play by play of Germa 66 lol.

Too good! One of the best episodes of Wano, hands down!
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Sanji never beating PageOne. :kappa
Well that part isn't canon. Page 1 never got back up after Sanji's last attack, but it doesn't matter.

Sanji's hype is legit.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Well that part isn't canon. Page 1 never got back up after Sanji's last attack, but it doesn't matter.
Toei didnt do anything contrary to the manga. Manga has never shown proof of him beating P1.
When I asked for proof and suggested options other than Sanji winning, I was a "hater who cannot admit Sanji doing great".
My arguments aged well, everyone opposing not so much. :toc
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Toei didnt do anything contrary to the manga. Manga has never shown proof of him beating P1.
When I asked for proof and suggested options other than Sanji winning, I was a "hater who cannot admit Sanji doing great".
My arguments aged well, everyone opposing not so much. :toc
Yes they did, completely adding a scene that never happened is 100% contrary to the manga.

It was an anime only scene and those aren't valid in discussions, which you like to remind people. Nothing have changed.

Imagine seeing an entire episode hyping Sanji and picking out an anime only scene to bash him... for no reason lol.

Sanji wrecked him, Page 1 wasn't winning that fight regardless.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Yes they did, completely adding a scene that never happened is 100% contrary to the manga.
It was an anime only scene and those aren't valid in discussions, which you like to remind people. Nothing have changed.
Imagine seeing an entire episode hyping Sanji and picking out an anime only scene to bash him... for no reason lol.
Sanji wrecked him, Page 1 wasn't winning that fight regardless.
No, it is not in conflict with manga because manga didnt show the opposite.
Yes, I like to remind people that anime isnt canon but those same people claim it is and now they have to deal with it.
Manga will have to show PageOne just fine otherwise there will be conflict with Anime.
It doesnt look good for those who argued against me however you prefer to spin this.
Sanji never wrecked PageOne. I am not bashing Sanji, I am saying for over a year that his hype is based on things which he didnt do - he never won vs P1.
Sanji cheap shotted P1 3 times, the one time they got into power struggle, Sanjino was flying through half a city.
"Sanji beating credible foes unlike certain fainter"... :kappa
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
A sad moment for "Sanji beating credible foes"...
Didn't know we take anime as canon now? That means you agree Zoro on his poor moments in anime only scenes then XD.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Didn't know we take anime as canon now? That means you agree Zoro on his poor moments in anime only scenes then XD.
I dont but you do. :kappa
Sanji ran away from PageOne, in your book that is a L. :feelsgoodman
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
No, it is not in conflict with manga because manga didnt show the opposite.
Yes, I like to remind people that anime isnt canon but those same people claim it is and now they have to deal with it.
Manga will have to show PageOne just fine otherwise there will be conflict with Anime.
It doesnt look good for those who argued against me however you prefer to spin this.
Sanji never wrecked PageOne. I am not bashing Sanji, I am saying for over a year that his hype is based on things which he didnt do - he never won vs P1.
Sanji cheap shotted P1 3 times, the one time they got into power struggle, Sanjino was flying through half a city.
"Sanji beating credible foes unlike certain fainter"... :kappa
Batman gave Zoro AND Luffy a hard time in the anime, but the truth was Zoro could have 1 shot him without even looking.

Wano is adding things that didnt happen. Your tooting your own horn prematurely. I dont think I was a part of these old arguements you were talking about but that scene never happened in the manga so it cannot be used to say Sanji never defeated P1 no matter how it is spun.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You know what... I think this was an old arguement between you and Moe????

So imma stay out of it lol.

If we were following only the anime, I'd agree with you.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Batman gave Zoro AND Luffy a hard time in the anime, but the truth was Zoro could have 1 shot him without even looking.

Wano is adding things that didnt happen. Your tooting your own horn prematurely. I dont think I was a part of these old arguements you were talking about but that scene never happened in the manga so it cannot be used to say Sanji never defeated P1 no matter how it is spun.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You know what... I think this was an old arguement between you and Moe????

So imma stay out of it lol.

If we were following only the anime, I'd agree with you.
Didn't they also added more to Luffy vs Kaido fight too despite he only punch him once? Again they do add more scenes that aren't canon in manga. Are we now going to be serious and said everything is now canon or be hypocrites cause characters get moments we like and say it's canon?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Didn't they also added more to Luffy vs Kaido fight too despite he only punch him once? Again they do add more scenes that aren't canon in manga. Are we now going to be serious and said everything is now canon or be hypocrites cause characters get moments we like and say it's canon?
Ahem... I actually liked the Luffy vs Kaido extend fight hahahaha.

I like the anime so if I had it my way I would also integrate anime only scenes into discussions but I do understand they aren't canon.

I think P1 standing back up is very possible but because he was just forgotten about in the manga it implies he was wrecked. We will see if he reemerges at the Fire Festival... I doubt he does but it's entirely possible.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
First time I read Sanji vs Page One I assumed Sanji got away, but the second read made me think he defeated Page One with that kick from the sky.

If Page One was not beat after that, he might become one of Sanji's opponents. Because of the numbers stacked against the Alliance, people like Sanji will need two fights. I'm thinking Page One then Drake, or Page One then fight Queen with someone who can assist him.

I hope not, as Sanji doing stuff like that is what made him clutch and even better. Dude managed to save the crew twice with his brains, and it'd be great to see him do it again when odds are so against the Alliance.
Seems like Denjiro is the man. And all things considered, Wano is a different beast, and their notoriety is higher than ever, so it would've been hard for Sanji to do much as he only just got here.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Ahem... I actually liked the Luffy vs Kaido extend fight hahahaha.

I like the anime so if I had it my way I would also integrate anime only scenes into discussions but I do understand they aren't canon.

I think P1 standing back up is very possible but because he was just forgotten about in the manga it implies he was wrecked. We will see if he reemerges at the Fire Festival... I doubt he does but it's entirely possible.
Not saying animation and fight wasn't good. Just saying it never happened in original source from manga. I like anime in extending stuff and such, but sometimes some things shouldn't be extended like that.

He could have gotten back a long time ago if he wasn't down and plus what doesn't make sense why he never group back with Drake and Hawkins? If he was active, why did he stop searching as knowing him, he probably be pissed and keep on trashing around, but just stop completely. Feel this is either an 'error' non-canon scene they thought up since they didn't got Oda's word or something as doesn't make sense in manga side stating he needed to be taken out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

First time I read Sanji vs Page One I assumed Sanji got away, but the second read made me think he defeated Page One with that kick from the sky.

If Page One was not beat after that, he might become one of Sanji's opponents. Because of the numbers stacked against the Alliance, people like Sanji will need two fights. I'm thinking Page One then Drake, or Page One then fight Queen with someone who can assist him.



Seems like Denjiro is the man. And all things considered, Wano is a different beast, and their notoriety is higher than ever, so it would've been hard for Sanji to do much as he only just got here.
If Page One was active, it doesn't make sense he quit looking for him especially if we take this canon and him being pissed at the end, why did he not meet up with his allies and start rampaging again. Doesn't make sense to just stop what he is doing like that. Feels more of an miscommunication probably than something Oda planned him coming back. Otherwise we would see him right back with Holdem and Kamazou who lost to Luffy and Zoro respectively, but come back like it was nothing. Something is off about it connecting in good to plot wise if you think about it.

Prefer he fight someone else as warm-up before facing either King or Queen.
 
Top