Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,502
Reaction score
39,546
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
What exactly is shoseki and how do the rankings indicate sales.Like for example, the recent one just posted has kimestsu volumes from 2 to 14. Does this equal high sales
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
What exactly is shoseki and how do the rankings indicate sales.Like for example, the recent one just posted has kimestsu volumes from 2 to 14. Does this equal high sales
These are estimations of weekly sales (not very precise though, so take them with a grain of salt), the numbers at the end are the amount of sales for those specific positions

For example

30位33150

Means that shoseki estimates that number 30 sold 33,150 copies
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
To change the subject, since we have been doing polls for a while now, do your guys votes tend to vote for your favorite series the most in the polls, or do are the series you vote for the most not the same as your favorite series. I know in my case the two series I vote for the most (Dr. Stone and Jujutsu) are in the middle for how I think my favorite manga from the magazine are ranked, while my two favorite jump manga (OP and Kimetsu) are in the middle vote wise.
I don't really have a favorite series right now, so I just vote for the chapters I like. I actually think my top 5 list from this week and last week were entirely different...

No, wait, UU was there both times. That one will probably be showing up a lot if it keeps being so crazy dynamic and original.
 

kevinpr9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
46
Age
31
Country
Indonesia
Shoseki Ranking on March 16-22

2 9784088807553 鬼滅の刃 2 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2016.8.4
3 9784088807232 鬼滅の刃 1 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2016.6.3
4 9784088807959 鬼滅の刃 3 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2016.10.4
6 9784088808260 鬼滅の刃 4 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2016.12.2
7 9784088810263 鬼滅の刃 5 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2017.3.3
8 9784088821412 鬼滅の刃 18 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.12.4
9 9784088822044 鬼滅の刃 19 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2020.2.4
10 9784088820804 鬼滅の刃 17 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.10.4
11 9784088818672 鬼滅の刃 16 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.7.4
12 9784088817996 鬼滅の刃 15 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.4.4
13 9784088816951 鬼滅の刃 14 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2019.1.4
14 9784088816265 鬼滅の刃 13 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2018.11.2
39 9784088810768 鬼滅の刃 6 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2017.5.2
62 9784088815404 鬼滅の刃 12 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2018.8.3
63 9784088813998 鬼滅の刃 11 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2018.6.4
76 9784088813554 鬼滅の刃 10 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2018.3.2
81 9784088812830 鬼滅の刃 9 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2017.12.4
84 9784088812120 鬼滅の刃 8 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2017.10.4
91 9784088811932 鬼滅の刃 7 集英社 吾峠呼世晴 2017.8.4
Any reason what happened to KnY vol. 6-12? Did they also get reprints?
 
Last edited:

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Shoseki Ranking on March 16-22





Any reason what happened to KnY vol. 6-12? Did they also get reprints?
The volume reprints are spaced out on different consecutive days which is why 6-12 is out of stock: 13-19, then 1-5, and then finally 6-12. 6-12 boost should be very soon.
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Shoseki 3/16-3/22

#17 - TPN 18
#20 - MHA 26
#23 - Haikyuu!! 42
#45 - JJK 10
#58 - CSM 6
#75 - Jigokuraku 9
#133 - Dr. Stone reboot

Kimetsu backlog


Stone backlog


TPN backlog


MHA backlog


Haikyuu backlog


JJK backlog


CSM backlog


SpyxFamily backlog


Jigokuraku backlog


※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位33150/50位19850/100位10150/200位6400/300位4000/400位3150/500位2600
Yo Kimetsu, stahp.
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Guys, i'm kinda struggling to figure out what I should put for the first part of this sales meme i'm doing. What should I put there? This is more about current per-volume sales. I know I could have swapped One Piece and KnY's places, but since KnY blew up to be a monster I feel like it's in a appropriate place to be in. Sam 8 is in a perfect position however...
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Guys, i'm kinda struggling to figure out what I should put for the first part of this sales meme i'm doing. What should I put there? This is more about current per-volume sales. I know I could have swapped One Piece and KnY's places, but since KnY blew up to be a monster I feel like it's in a appropriate place to be in. Sam 8 is in a perfect position however...
AoT I guess
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
You could place The Promised Neverland in Yuna's chest since I think TPN was the 3rd best seller of 2019 after OP and KnY (I think her name is Yuna? based on the name of the manga haha).
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
I'm limiting myself to Jump.
If per volume then HxH is next in line (although well, it's up to you if you want to count it as ongoing I guess)
Then MHA and TPN which are pretty much interchangeable
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Guys, i'm kinda struggling to figure out what I should put for the first part of this sales meme i'm doing. What should I put there? This is more about current per-volume sales. I know I could have swapped One Piece and KnY's places, but since KnY blew up to be a monster I feel like it's in a appropriate place to be in. Sam 8 is in a perfect position however...
Why you gotta disrespect Hibari like that :emocat

AoT will be a good idea to add. If this is a meme for the current year then you don't have to swap OP/KnY places since its fitting but overall would be different.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
will there be announcement of new series?
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
You could place The Promised Neverland in Yuna's chest since I think TPN was the 3rd best seller of 2019 after OP and KnY (I think her name is Yuna? based on the name of the manga haha).
I guess I can add TPN there, but i'm also thinking Haikyuu could fit too. Maybe i'd add both as a compromise.
Yes, that's Yuuna.

Why you gotta disrespect Hibari like that :emocat
Because I can.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Honestly feel like getting JJK news would make most sense whenever we get the long overdue 2nd year anniversary cover, seriously it's been too long.

Maybe it's just a new serialization round of 2 series lol.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,549
Reaction score
15,716
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
My bet is Kimetsu and Neverland ending.

Honestly feel like getting JJK news would make most sense whenever we get the long overdue 2nd year anniversary cover, seriously it's been too long.

Maybe it's just a new serialization round of 2 series lol.
We aren't getting that cover. Jujutsu got color page last issue for the 2nd year anniversary. Which makes me bad. Jujutsu is now one of the top-selling titles (even without anime), and is still the only not-romcom title that isn't getting an anniversary cover.

I'm even thinking we aren't getting a Jujutsu Jump cover until late-summer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top