Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
I'd imagine Kimetsu's would be a countdown of like 3-5 chapters rather than the end? I mean, that would be a bit too fast. But I can see neverland.
Zipman is most definitely ending either next chapter or the one after that, but no one cares about it so probably irrelevant. Could be jujutsu anime or could even be an announcement of HxH returning.
Another thing: I noticed lately lots of UxU fanart and I don't think I have seen the same quantity (or quality) of fanart for the other new series. Another clue that UxU is pretty popular in Japan to already get fans there drawing art after only ten chapters?
Idk man, since I'm pretty sure series like Shinmai Kiruko san got loads of fanart online when it was running but that series still ended up getting axed in the end. The girl from Ziga was also trending in artwork, but that wasn't able to help the series either. But I think generally, the quantity of fanart accompanies the popular reception of a series which I hope is the case with UxU. I'm not complaining if us Undeadbros keep getting more fanart as the ones that have been coming out have been fire. On my knees here Japan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To add to the speculation, I reckon one big series is ending (Neverland/Kimetsu) and a big name author is returning (Togashi/Shima/Matsui)
Idk man, since I'm pretty sure series like Shinmai Kiruko san got loads of fanart online when it was running but that series still ended up getting axed in the end. The girl from Ziga was also trending in artwork, but that wasn't able to help the series either. But I think generally, the quantity of fanart accompanies the popular reception of a series which I hope is the case with UxU. I'm not complaining if us Undeadbros keep getting more fanart as the ones that have been coming out have been fire. On my knees here Japan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To add to the speculation, I reckon one big series is ending (Neverland/Kimetsu) and a big name author is returning (Togashi/Shima/Matsui)
Undead seems to have a lot of good signs pointing to the fact that it won't have any issues surviving for the time being in general. Early twitter account, pretty decent toc placements, doing well on amazon preorders, lots of fan art...
Yeah and what they will the do afterwards, what will happen to the rest of the demons, specially Yushiro also, I think you should add the spoiler tag lol. So definitely there will be just more chapters to go.
With Neverland, it can end for the next month I think.
Yeah and what they will the do afterwards, what will happen to the rest of the demons, specifically Yushiro also, I think you should add the spoiler tag lol. So definitely there will be just more chapters to go.
With Neverland, it can end for the next month I think.
Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
You can finish these two and also WnL but the author invented to make these alternate endings.
I think Undead unluck joins the group of dark edgy manga, after all there are some scenes of violence (it doesn't come close to chainsaw man, but it's a little core), the protagonist is practically an anti-hero, he is not politically correct and he kills without think.
There's still a good, what, 10+ issues until Burn the Witch starts? That's certainly enough time for a new round.
Burn the Witch is a mini-series anyway, my guess is we'll have a batch of 2 now (with probably Zipman ending) then maybe one more series will end and be replaced by Burn the Witch. Then we'll get another bigger batch after Summer once Burn the Witch ends (assuming it's just 1 volume like the other recent mini-series).
They did spend a good couple months with an empty space in the magazine last year after Soma ended (and 2 empty spots for a month after Zumou ended) but Samurai 8 got cancelled, I can't imagine they'd cancel it then just leave the magazine empty since it was still selling okay enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What I'm curious about is if we're going to start seeing romcoms in most batches. WNL's probably going to be around until the end of the year since it seems like it really might be planning 1 volume per girl but Yuuna could be in its final battle right now? I can see it ending around Summer.
Who knows though, Yuuna's had about 4 different arcs that could've been the end at this point. It could still have another year of harem shenanigans then another final final final battle after the current arc is done.
Granted Yozakura and Mitama both have romcom aspects to them but they're not the main focus, and both seem like they might struggle to stay around once we get a couple proper hits.
Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
You can finish these two and also WnL but the author invented to make these alternate endings.
There's still a good, what, 10+ issues until Burn the Witch starts? That's certainly enough time for a new round.
Burn the Witch is a mini-series anyway, my guess is we'll have a batch of 2 now (with probably Zipman ending) then maybe one more series will end and be replaced by Burn the Witch. Then we'll get another bigger batch after Summer once Burn the Witch ends (assuming it's just 1 volume like the other recent mini-series).
They did spend a good couple months with an empty space in the magazine last year after Soma ended (and 2 empty spots for a month after Zumou ended) but Samurai 8 got cancelled, I can't imagine they'd cancel it then just leave the magazine empty since it was still selling okay enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What I'm curious about is if we're going to start seeing romcoms in most batches. WNL's probably going to be around until the end of the year since it seems like it really might be planning 1 volume per girl but Yuuna could be in its final battle right now? I can see it ending around Summer.
Who knows though, Yuuna's had about 4 different arcs that could've been the end at this point. It could still have another year of harem shenanigans then another final final final battle after the current arc is done.
Granted Yozakura and Mitama both have romcom aspects to them but they're not the main focus, and both seem like they might struggle to stay around once we get a couple proper hits.
mitama is a pure gag, of romcom he only has art.
But Yozakura can enter the romcom theme without any problems, after all he already had chapters focused on the romance.
Not at all, this shortage of comedy series is something that only started recently, until 2017 Jump used to have at least 5 popular/decent comedy/gag series going on together.
Undead seems to have a lot of good signs pointing to the fact that it won't have any issues surviving for the time being in general. Early twitter account, pretty decent toc placements, doing well on amazon preorders, lots of fan art...
The most I can think would be a flashback to him before his disease/the doctor, maybe if Gotoge wants to show why he's such a dick, tho personally I dont think it matters that much at this point
The most I can think would be a flashback to him before his disease/the doctor, maybe if Gotoge wants to show why he's such a dick, tho personally I dont think it matters that much at this point
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.