Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,510
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
I'd imagine Kimetsu's would be a countdown of like 3-5 chapters rather than the end? I mean, that would be a bit too fast. But I can see neverland.

Zipman is most definitely ending either next chapter or the one after that, but no one cares about it so probably irrelevant. Could be jujutsu anime or could even be an announcement of HxH returning.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Jesus, KnY won't be ending this issue. It will be the conclusion of the fight and then add some sol chapters/epilogue
 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Another thing: I noticed lately lots of UxU fanart and I don't think I have seen the same quantity (or quality) of fanart for the other new series. Another clue that UxU is pretty popular in Japan to already get fans there drawing art after only ten chapters?
Idk man, since I'm pretty sure series like Shinmai Kiruko san got loads of fanart online when it was running but that series still ended up getting axed in the end. The girl from Ziga was also trending in artwork, but that wasn't able to help the series either. But I think generally, the quantity of fanart accompanies the popular reception of a series which I hope is the case with UxU. I'm not complaining if us Undeadbros keep getting more fanart as the ones that have been coming out have been fire. On my knees here Japan.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To add to the speculation, I reckon one big series is ending (Neverland/Kimetsu) and a big name author is returning (Togashi/Shima/Matsui)
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Idk man, since I'm pretty sure series like Shinmai Kiruko san got loads of fanart online when it was running but that series still ended up getting axed in the end. The girl from Ziga was also trending in artwork, but that wasn't able to help the series either. But I think generally, the quantity of fanart accompanies the popular reception of a series which I hope is the case with UxU. I'm not complaining if us Undeadbros keep getting more fanart as the ones that have been coming out have been fire. On my knees here Japan.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To add to the speculation, I reckon one big series is ending (Neverland/Kimetsu) and a big name author is returning (Togashi/Shima/Matsui)
Undead seems to have a lot of good signs pointing to the fact that it won't have any issues surviving for the time being in general. Early twitter account, pretty decent toc placements, doing well on amazon preorders, lots of fan art...
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Jesus, KnY won't be ending this issue. It will be the conclusion of the fight and then add some sol chapters/epilogue
1 - flashback of Muzan.
2 - reunion of tanjiro and Nezuko.
3 - Burial of the characters who died.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
1 - flashback of Muzan.
2 - reunion of tanjiro and Nezuko.
3 - Burial of the characters who died.
Yeah and what they will the do afterwards, what will happen to the rest of the demons, specially Yushiro also, I think you should add the spoiler tag lol. So definitely there will be just more chapters to go.

With Neverland, it can end for the next month I think.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Yeah and what they will the do afterwards, what will happen to the rest of the demons, specifically Yushiro also, I think you should add the spoiler tag lol. So definitely there will be just more chapters to go.

With Neverland, it can end for the next month I think.
but what I said is not spoiler.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
You can finish these two and also WnL but the author invented to make these alternate endings.
I think Undead unluck joins the group of dark edgy manga, after all there are some scenes of violence (it doesn't come close to chainsaw man, but it's a little core), the protagonist is practically an anti-hero, he is not politically correct and he kills without think.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, with multiple series about to end, do you guys think we'll get a new round between now and Burn the Witch starting up?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
There's still a good, what, 10+ issues until Burn the Witch starts? That's certainly enough time for a new round.

Burn the Witch is a mini-series anyway, my guess is we'll have a batch of 2 now (with probably Zipman ending) then maybe one more series will end and be replaced by Burn the Witch. Then we'll get another bigger batch after Summer once Burn the Witch ends (assuming it's just 1 volume like the other recent mini-series).

They did spend a good couple months with an empty space in the magazine last year after Soma ended (and 2 empty spots for a month after Zumou ended) but Samurai 8 got cancelled, I can't imagine they'd cancel it then just leave the magazine empty since it was still selling okay enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What I'm curious about is if we're going to start seeing romcoms in most batches. WNL's probably going to be around until the end of the year since it seems like it really might be planning 1 volume per girl but Yuuna could be in its final battle right now? I can see it ending around Summer.

Who knows though, Yuuna's had about 4 different arcs that could've been the end at this point. It could still have another year of harem shenanigans then another final final final battle after the current arc is done.

Granted Yozakura and Mitama both have romcom aspects to them but they're not the main focus, and both seem like they might struggle to stay around once we get a couple proper hits.
 

yadayada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
3,518
Age
35
Country
Fire Nation
Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
Huh?
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
Now that there's yozakura, agravity boys (maybe), Undead unluck (I hope it’s not a hype you guys created) and mashle, I think the jump doesn't have to worry about keeping Kimetsu and TPN.
You can finish these two and also WnL but the author invented to make these alternate endings.
Mashle is also still a maybe. Comedy series do tend to stick around longer, but three of them might be a bit much.

So, with multiple series about to end, do you guys think we'll get a new round between now and Burn the Witch starting up?
I hope so. Else they're going to need a lot of one-shots to fill the gaps left by S8 and Zipman, not to mention the other series ending.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
There's still a good, what, 10+ issues until Burn the Witch starts? That's certainly enough time for a new round.

Burn the Witch is a mini-series anyway, my guess is we'll have a batch of 2 now (with probably Zipman ending) then maybe one more series will end and be replaced by Burn the Witch. Then we'll get another bigger batch after Summer once Burn the Witch ends (assuming it's just 1 volume like the other recent mini-series).

They did spend a good couple months with an empty space in the magazine last year after Soma ended (and 2 empty spots for a month after Zumou ended) but Samurai 8 got cancelled, I can't imagine they'd cancel it then just leave the magazine empty since it was still selling okay enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What I'm curious about is if we're going to start seeing romcoms in most batches. WNL's probably going to be around until the end of the year since it seems like it really might be planning 1 volume per girl but Yuuna could be in its final battle right now? I can see it ending around Summer.

Who knows though, Yuuna's had about 4 different arcs that could've been the end at this point. It could still have another year of harem shenanigans then another final final final battle after the current arc is done.

Granted Yozakura and Mitama both have romcom aspects to them but they're not the main focus, and both seem like they might struggle to stay around once we get a couple proper hits.
mitama is a pure gag, of romcom he only has art.
But Yozakura can enter the romcom theme without any problems, after all he already had chapters focused on the romance.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mashle is also still a maybe. Comedy series do tend to stick around longer, but three of them might be a bit much.
Mashle came in 6th in the first ranking and then rose to 4th in the second ranking.
I think he is safer for Guardian and undead unluck.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,510
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mashle is also still a maybe. Comedy series do tend to stick around longer, but three of them might be a bit much.
Not at all, this shortage of comedy series is something that only started recently, until 2017 Jump used to have at least 5 popular/decent comedy/gag series going on together.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Undead seems to have a lot of good signs pointing to the fact that it won't have any issues surviving for the time being in general. Early twitter account, pretty decent toc placements, doing well on amazon preorders, lots of fan art...
...lots of series getting the axes or the honorable finish medal this year...
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,510
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Toc will get out early today like last week?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
The real competition of the year

Kimetsu no yaiba 18 - 2,348,344
One Piece 61 - 3,382,588
I wanna say Kimetsu wont get there but it has proven us wrong every step of the way. So, its really up in the air.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I wanna say Kimetsu wont get there but its proven us wrong every step of the way. So, its really up in the air.
With the movie coming out, it's definitely a possibility.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

1 - flashback of Muzan.
2 - reunion of tanjiro and Nezuko.
3 - Burial of the characters who died.
He already got his flashback. I don't think there's much to show. Unless I'm forgetting something but either way it'd be a waste to show it.

Can't wait for #2 & #3.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
He already got his flashback. I don't think there's much to show. Unless I'm forgetting something but either way it'd be a waste to show it.

Can't wait for #2 & #3.
The most I can think would be a flashback to him before his disease/the doctor, maybe if Gotoge wants to show why he's such a dick, tho personally I dont think it matters that much at this point
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
The most I can think would be a flashback to him before his disease/the doctor, maybe if Gotoge wants to show why he's such a dick, tho personally I dont think it matters that much at this point
Ngl I'm kinda worried Gotouge will do something like that lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top