Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 647 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jump should serialize E no Genten, it could fill both the spokon AND romcom holes that we'll be getting. I'm only partially joking (please return to me Komi-sensei)

lazybones1717

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Side note, have you watched Run With The Wind? A good chunk of the staff that did the first couple seasons of Haikyu! worked on the anime for that, and as someone who likes to run myself, it’s excellent, IMO.
I absolutely loved it, especially the second half! I would say that it's the standard for stories about running, but unfortunately, it's pretty much the only one :(. There's something really appealing to running on a fundamental level that makes it a great framework for stories, I really hope that we get a sports manga that capitalizes on that!

(On a side note, to anyone interested in running, I highly recommend the book What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami. It's a collection of excellently written essays about the author's relationship to the sport throughout his life. It's a really great read!)

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Given the date, it's probably best to assume everything is April Fool's related.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

World Trigger TV Anime visual. Unless it’s April Fools, you never know with this shit.
It's real. It matches the visual preview I posted in the Jump SQ thread.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, it’s real. Here’s the staff listing for it:

I’m too busy to look up the other stuff the staff has done, but Kenji Kawai’s pretty good.

Ottes

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, it’s real. Here’s the staff listing for it:

I’m too busy to look up the other stuff the staff has done, but Kenji Kawai’s pretty good.
Except for the director, the staff still the same.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
After enjoying a shitload of spokon about a shitload of sport that I don't really care about: real football (which I pretend to care about because everyone I know care about), badminton, baseball (which nobody but Japanese, American, and maybe Cubans care about), drinking... I mean diving, sumo wrestling, boxing, e-sport (is this even real sport), even freaking ping pong and so on. I don't think the subject of sport actually matter that much in spokon.
So I vote fishing for the lulz, or maybe I just want something comfy and free from competitive attitude.
I agree, honestly if people can make competitive Karuta games interesting then I'm down for anything, the author's talent clearly matters more than the sport.

lazybones1717

Reaction score
Country
United States
Except for the director, the staff still the same.
And it's a director that only has one other full series under their belt (they've mainly worked as an episode director on various episodes of PreCure and a few other Toei shows up until now). Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mr.Fujimaster

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I voted for Skateboarding.
But what i'm really want to see is Formula 1 and e-Sport on Jump.

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Side note, have you watched Run With The Wind? A good chunk of the staff that did the first couple seasons of Haikyu! worked on the anime for that, and as someone who likes to run myself, it’s excellent, IMO.
I am absolutely obssessed with Run With The Wind for some reason, absolutely recommend it to everyone :) Character development done right.

evielynn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To hop in on the poll topic, I'd really like a parkour/freerunning based manga as a spokon. Feels like a series that could thrive with someone with that sense of style behind it, a la Kubo

BX-02BLODIA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has there ever been a billiards Spokon?

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And it's a director that only has one other full series under their belt (they've mainly worked as an episode director on various episodes of PreCure and a few other Toei shows up until now). Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
Yeah, but he has potential to be a full director. Some of the best episodes of those shows were on when he was responsible for directing the episode, so it's nice to see this chance on WT. It's going to make the series better than the previous one.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Sales by Series - 3/23~3/29

Kimetsu no Yaiba - 2,527,692
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - 215,708
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 209,335
Kingdom - 199,517
The Promised Neverland - 127,989
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun - 120,417
Hoozuki no Reitetsu - 114,727
Gotoubun no Hanayome - 108,776
Haikyuu!! - 98,069
Blue Period - 96,325

Kimetsu no Yaiba's 2020 sales: 34,128,478

Kimetsu no Yaiba is now the #2 best-selling series within a fiscal year, surpassing One Piece's 2010 sales of 32,343,809 copies.

Last edited:

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
What prominent Japanese sports is there that WSJ's never really had? They've got a Go hit, have tried out Shogi manga a few times without much success, had an almost successful Kendo series, and of course have a recently finished Sumo hit.

I can't imagine Karuta getting too far in WSJ and anyone wanting to do a mahjong manga will go elsewhere, but what other possibilities are their for a local cultural sport?

There's a couple on Jump+ but I suppose wsj itself hasn't really had a proper martial arts hit that lasted? Maybe there's one I'm forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.