Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 201 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Kitsune5

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Spain
I was right! In the last chapter the tumor was smaller so for that I thought Muzan did something to Tanjiro! I don't have a problem with Tanjito being a demon I just hope he won't die or kill someone. Let see what we have in the next chapter before making any crazy theories!!
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I was right! In the last chapter the tumor was smaller so for that I thought Muzan did something to Tanjiro! I don't have a problem with Tanjito being a demon I just hope he won't die or kill someone. Let see what we have in the next chapter before making any crazy theories!!
If we think about Chekhov's gun, if you presented an appeal in history, you need to use it.
Nezuko is Chekhov's kimetsu gun. She didn't run around the arc for anything, so I hope she will calm down Tanjiro and have nothing of Nezuko demon slayer and Tanjiro the new villain in the story, because that would destroy the whole stretch of love and brotherhood between the two. And Muzan's blood can't be stronger than that.
And after this transformation, I find it difficult for Tanjiro to die. Unless they say that Tamayo's poison is still taking effect and Muzan's cells in Tanjiro's body are still dying, but now it is killing Tanjiro, and this transformation is fleeting.
 

GoatXr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Age
27
Country
Uchiha Clan
If we think about Chekhov's gun, if you presented an appeal in history, you need to use it.
Nezuko is Chekhov's kimetsu gun. She didn't run around the arc for anything, so I hope she will calm down Tanjiro and have nothing of Nezuko demon slayer and Tanjiro the new villain in the story, because that would destroy the whole stretch of love and brotherhood between the two. And Muzan's blood can't be stronger than that.
And after this transformation, I find it difficult for Tanjiro to die. Unless they say that Tamayo's poison is still taking effect and Muzan's cells in Tanjiro's body are still dying, but now it is killing Tanjiro, and this transformation is fleeting.
If nezuko talk no justu Tanjuro, then what would even be the point of Tanjuro turning into a demon? Everything that Muzan said, would just get wiped away, then what would the point of Muzan final moment? About passing down memories and ideals just for it to get wiped away in a few chapters?? Also the Muzan fight was underwhelming. I can already imagine Tanjiro using breath of the sun has a demon. That would be crazy! I just don’t see situation being solve in a few chapters. I could easily be wrong, but you can also be easily wrong.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,295
Reaction score
24,927
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
If nezuko talk no justu Tanjuro, then what would even be the point of Tanjuro turning into a demon? Everything that Muzan said, would just get wiped away, then what would the point of Muzan final moment? About passing down memories and ideals just for it to get wiped away in a few chapters?? Also the Muzan fight was underwhelming. I can already imagine Tanjiro using breath of the sun has a demon. That would be crazy! I just don’t see situation being solve in a few chapters. I could easily be wrong, but you can also be easily wrong.
I would argue that that would be pretty much the point. Muzan as an enemy is fundamentally different from the upper moons. The upper moons had a speck of humanity and regrets which gave their fights emotional weight, specially when we saw them die. Muzan lacked that bit of humanity to the point that he didn't even have regrets about dying. He simply moved on and his last move was a middle finger to humanity. Even as the hashira fought him, muzan felt nothing, he is a dishonorable animal that simply killed because could and needed to be put down. Muzan didn't have the dignity of redemption or damnation as he died, he was less than the upper moons.... And ultimately, muzan fundamentally misunderstands the passing down of memories. They are about bonds, they are about the connections one makes with other people. That is why the hashira endured for 1000 years in the fight against muzan. Muzan injected a few cells into tanjiro but he doesn't actually have a bond with tanjiro, tanjiro isn't going to actually take anything from muzan to preserve it, at least not by choice.

I'd even make the point that this probably will be resolved relatively quickly... The hashira are mostly dead and the ones that remain can't fight anymore. The only way for them to kill tanjiro at this point is that tanjiro lets them kill him... And nezuko can't fight either, tanjiro so much as waves at her and she died. I could actually see nezuko sacrificing herself to save tanjiro, though I don't think tanjiro would be able to live with himself in that scenario.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
If nezuko talk no justu Tanjuro, then what would even be the point of Tanjuro turning into a demon? Everything that Muzan said, would just get wiped away, then what would the point of Muzan final moment? About passing down memories and ideals just for it to get wiped away in a few chapters?? Also the Muzan fight was underwhelming. I can already imagine Tanjiro using breath of the sun has a demon. That would be crazy! I just don’t see situation being solve in a few chapters. I could easily be wrong, but you can also be easily wrong.
well, first it doesn't make sense Tanjiro becomes the new villain in this story. The entire bond and bond that exists between these brothers would be weakened if Tanjiro escapes and starts a new war between humans and demons.
Nezuko has spent years fighting its instincts and Muzan's influence, so why does Tanjiro need to give up so easily?
It was a bad idea to turn Tanjiro into a demon just to have to repeat the same journey again.
I don't want kimetsu no yaiba to have the same fate as shokugeki no souma.
 

GoatXr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Age
27
Country
Uchiha Clan
well, first it doesn't make sense Tanjiro becomes the new villain in this story. The entire bond and bond that exists between these brothers would be weakened if Tanjiro escapes and starts a new war between humans and demons.
Nezuko has spent years fighting its instincts and Muzan's influence, so why does Tanjiro need to give up so easily?
It was a bad idea to turn Tanjiro into a demon just to have to repeat the same journey again.
I don't want kimetsu no yaiba to have the same fate as shokugeki no souma.
It would make sense, it would not be the first time. The main character turn into the antagonist. They can easily make it into a story about finding the blue spider lily, which is still unknown at the “moment” they can build Nezuko as a character, she’s always been a demon with no character development.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
It would make sense, it would not be the first time. The main character turn into the antagonist. They can easily make it into a story about finding the blue spider lily, which is still unknown at the “moment” they can build Nezuko as a character, she’s always been a demon with no character development.
Yeah, I hear that argument in the blue arc in shokugeki no souma, he had to develop characters and in the end the arc was bad.
If a person jumps out of a building it doesn't mean that I should. Just because there is a story in which the protagonist became a villain does not mean that he is good.
Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. We don't know how long this new arc would last and it can harm the manga, just as it has harmed many others.
if you want kimetsu to take the risk of becoming another manga of jump that ended with a bad arc, feel free. But it will still be another bad ending to the jump account.
It's your idea of the blue spider lily arc in theory is good, but in practice it never works, many fans will start to hate the manga.
Tanjiro cannot become the new villain of the story, he will end up destroying the manga once and for all, destroying all the message that the manga wants to convey.
 
Last edited:

GoatXr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Age
27
Country
Uchiha Clan
Yeah, I hear that argument in the blue arc in shokugeki no souma, he had to develop characters and in the end the arc was bad.
If a person jumps out of a building it doesn't mean that I should. Just because there is a story in which the protagonist became a villain does not mean that he is good.
Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. We don't know how long this new arc would last and it can harm the manga, just as it has harmed many others.
if you want kimetsu to take the risk of becoming another manga of jump that ended with a bad arc, feel free. But it will still be another bad ending to the jump account.
It's your idea of the blue spider lily arc in theory is good, but in practice it never works, many fans will start to hate the manga.
Tanjiro cannot become the new villain of the story, he will end up destroying the manga once and for all, destroying all the message that the manga wants to convey.
(Btw this is conversation hypothetical) but that’s your opinion, you can’t judge something without seeing it out. To me if it would have ended. It would have been the most unsatisfying final boss fight and a lot of ppl agree. It was terrible. But the same questions you ask, you can reverse it back. What if it backfires? But what if it turns out great? It’s always “what if’s” A lot of series end with talk no justu, but why would they? They are top in sells, so why should she/he stop? If the author believe she/he can continue and knows what exactly their doing. I believe in her/him. A lot of ppl agree, then it’s also a lot of ppl who disagree manly Because they want a good ending now, and they are stuck to believe this was the final arc. But it’s ppl like me, who’s more creative and see how amazing this could be, if done right which I believe he/she would do.
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
Probably next week there won’t be any chapter since Shonen Jump is on break due to Covid-19 .
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Personally, I believe that the potential for a new arc is there. There are some interesting plot points that still need to be addressed, like more insight into the Blue Spider Lily, the medicine that turned Muzan into a demon and the doctor who made that medicine. It is possible that there are others like Muzan who have been converted into demons due to the medicine but that they don't have made any massive moves like him (potential new antagonists). The new arc could be a parallel of what we've seen until now, but instead of Tanjiro being the one that tries to turn his sister into a human again, Nezuko is the one who tries to save her brother this time. It would be nice considering how little screentime she has gotten thus far. Gotouge could even pull a time skip for the remaining characters to train and become stronger. Demon Tanjiro could either escape to the outside or be persuaded by a talk no jutsu to remain on the protagonists' side (similar to demon Nezuko).

I think the potential for a new arc is definitely there and that if Gotouge wanted, she could milk another arc (after all, there are not too many series that can reach a level of sales comparable to what Kimetsu is selling right now). Would I like it to happen? Who knows, depending on the execution I don't think it would be forced at all, but if she truly wants to end it here, I'm satisfied too. Anyway, I trust in Gotouge's writing skills. This series has some flaws (like all other fiction works that exist), but I believe the execution thus far has been pretty great and satisfying and I personally wouldn't mind whether she chooses to make another arc or make this the end.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
(Btw this is conversation hypothetical) but that’s your opinion, you can’t judge something without seeing it out. To me if it would have ended. It would have been the most unsatisfying final boss fight and a lot of ppl agree. It was terrible. But the same questions you ask, you can reverse it back. What if it backfires? But what if it turns out great? It’s always “what if’s” A lot of series end with talk no justu, but why would they? They are top in sells, so why should she/he stop? If the author believe she/he can continue and knows what exactly their doing. I believe in her/him. A lot of ppl agree, then it’s also a lot of ppl who disagree manly Because they want a good ending now, and they are stuck to believe this was the final arc. But it’s ppl like me, who’s more creative and see how amazing this could be, if done right which I believe he/she would do.
Personally, I believe that the potential for a new arc is there. There are some interesting plot points that still need to be addressed, like more insight into the Blue Spider Lily, the medicine that turned Muzan into a demon and the doctor who made that medicine. It is possible that there are others like Muzan who have been converted into demons due to the medicine but that they don't have made any massive moves like him (potential new antagonists). The new arc could be a parallel of what we've seen until now, but instead of Tanjiro being the one that tries to turn his sister into a human again, Nezuko is the one who tries to save her brother this time. It would be nice considering how little screentime she has gotten thus far. Gotouge could even pull a time skip for the remaining characters to train and become stronger. Demon Tanjiro could either escape to the outside or be persuaded by a talk no jutsu to remain on the protagonists' side (similar to demon Nezuko).

I think the potential for a new arc is definitely there and that if Gotouge wanted, she could milk another arc (after all, there are not too many series that can reach a level of sales comparable to what Kimetsu is selling right now). Would I like it to happen? Who knows, depending on the execution I don't think it would be forced at all, but if she truly wants to end it here, I'm satisfied too. Anyway, I trust in Gotouge's writing skills. This series has some flaws (like all other fiction works that exist), but I believe the execution thus far has been pretty great and satisfying and I personally wouldn't mind whether she chooses to make another arc or make this the end.
Better an unsatisfactory final fight, than an unsatisfactory arc.
And you're stuck in wanting the story to be endless just because you want a better fight.
The retrospective is not good, several manga with great potential ended up disappointing in the end, it was like that with Naruto, bleach, bakuman, Souma, Nanatsu and many others, fans believe in these authors and were disappointed.
I've said a thousand times here that people are not to blame for believing that this is the last arc.
All the important questions were answered and many important characters were killed, continuing and using a skip team to introduce new characters will be bad.
And it goes on because it is so successful, Slam dunk is the most successful manga in Japan and the author did not want to continue even with the success, and it was good for the manga.
The same thing with gotoubun, Assassination classroon and Kuroko.
if you want an arc from the blue spider lily does a spin off in light novel or gaiden, just like Tomioka Giyuu, it would be much better than a long arc just because you found the fight unsatisfactory.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Better an unsatisfactory final fight, than an unsatisfactory arc.
And you're stuck in wanting the story to be endless just because you want a better fight.
The retrospective is not good, several manga with great potential ended up disappointing in the end, it was like that with Naruto, bleach, bakuman, Souma, Nanatsu and many others, fans believe in these authors and were disappointed.
I've said a thousand times here that people are not to blame for believing that this is the last arc.
All the important questions were answered and many important characters were killed, continuing and using a skip team to introduce new characters will be bad.
And it goes on because it is so successful, Slam dunk is the most successful manga in Japan and the author did not want to continue even with the success, and it was good for the manga.
The same thing with gotoubun, Assassination classroon and Kuroko.
if you want an arc from the blue spider lily does a spin off in light novel or gaiden, just like Tomioka Giyuu, it would be much better than a long arc just because you found the fight unsatisfactory.
And when did I say that I found the final fight unsatisfactory and that's the reason I want another arc? Actually, when did I ever say that I wanted another arc in the first place? Maybe the user you quoted above me said that, but I merely highlighted that the possibilities for another arc are there and depending on how Gotouge executes the plot, it wouldn't be forced at all to have another arc. Of course, if it ends here, I'm completely fine with it too. This is just my opinion too, btw.

Look, I think you misunderstood my comment. I actually liked the final fight. It wasn't the best in the series and I believe Gotouge could have done better, but still, for the track record shonen final fights tend to have, this was a masterpiece if you compare it to let's say NNT, Bleach, Fairy Tail and other shonen's final fights IMO. Overall, I didn't dislike it, far from it actually.

All I'm saying is that there's potential for a next arc. That's all really. If Gotouge wants to end this here, I'm satisfied. If Gotouge wants to do another arc, with some of the possibilities I've listed here, I'm satisfied too, because I believe in Gotouge's writing skills. She hasn't given me a single reason yet to distrust her abilities, unlike the other series that you've listed (Fairy Tail, NNT and some more, which in my humble opinion took a huge nosedive even before extending the story in an unnecessary way and gave me reasons to distrust them).
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
And when did I say that I found the final fight unsatisfactory and that's the reason I want another arc? Actually, when did I ever say that I wanted another arc in the first place? I merely highlighted that the possibilities for another arc are there and depending on how Gotouge executes the plot, it wouldn't be forced at all to have another arc. Of course, if it ends here, I'm completely fine with it too. This is just my opinion too, btw.

Look, I think you misunderstood my comment. I actually liked the final fight. It wasn't the best in the series and I believe Gotouge could have done better, but still, for the track record shonen final fights tend to have, this was a masterpiece if you compare it to let's say NNT, Bleach, Fairy Tail and other shonen's final fights IMO. Overall, I didn't dislike it, far from it actually.

All I'm saying is that there's potential for a next arc. That's all really. If Gotouge wants to end this here, I'm satisfied. If Gotouge wants to do another arc, with some of the possibilities I've listed here, I'm satisfied too, because I believe in Gotouge's writing skills. She hasn't given me a single reason yet to distrust her abilities, unlike the other series that you've listed (Fairy Tail, NNT and some more, which in my humble opinion took a huge nosedive even before extending the story in an unnecessary way and gave me reasons to distrust them).
Guys really want kimetsu no yaiba to become Nanatsu no taizai 2.0 with these claims that the doctor, the Blue spider lily, is missing and that they may have other stronger demons than Muzan.
It just shows that no one has learned anything from what happened to bleach.
Kimetsu was already showing signs of repetition since the Red Light District. And yet you guys want to get milk out of stone.
Nanatsu fans had that same thought and the manga ended up being a complete disappointment and will still have its Boruto.
If kimetsu has a skip team with a new villain or the villainous Tanjiro it will be a forced thing and unfortunately kimetsu can follow this path and it becomes a terrible manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My comment served for the two comments, you take what suits you.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If you find Muzan's fight disappointing and still want a new arc then it is no different than what happened with Fairy and NNT that you mentioned.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Guys really want kimetsu no yaiba to become Nanatsu no taizai 2.0 with these claims that the doctor, the Blue spider lily, is missing and that they may have other stronger demons than Muzan.
It just shows that no one has learned anything from what happened to bleach.
Kimetsu was already showing signs of repetition since the Red Light District. And yet you guys want to get milk out of stone.
Nanatsu fans had that same thought and the manga ended up being a complete disappointment and will still have its Boruto.
If kimetsu has a skip team with a new villain or the villainous Tanjiro it will be a forced thing and unfortunately kimetsu can follow this path and it becomes a terrible manga.
Why so aggressive, though? I only expressed my opinion, pointing out that there are some things that have yet to be fully explored and could potentially serve for the start of a future arc. If you think this manga took a considerable nosedive in quality since the Red Light District arc and that a future arc would be a forced and a bad thing to do, then good, it's your opinion and I respect it, but please don't go forcing your opinion on others, because it's what it looks you're doing. For me, this manga so far has been pretty good (with some flaws, obviously, just like any fiction work, but still pretty good nonetheless) and I'm only pointing out that if Gotouge wants to go for a next arc, she could do it since the potential is there IMO. If she wants to end it though, I'm still fine with it, because like I said, I trust in Gotouge's writing since she hasn't given me a single reason yet to distrust it, unlike NNT and Fairy Tail, but that's just my opinion ofc.

My comment served for the two comments, you take what suits you.
Then I'm sorry if I said something I shouldn't have. Though, next time you should differentiate the quotes so there aren't any misunderstoods, since that user and I are saying fundamentally different things, and quoting me along with him gives an impression that we're saying the same when it clearly isn't the case. Just a recommendation though :p

If you find Muzan's fight disappointing and still want a new arc then it is no different than what happened with Fairy and NNT that you mentioned.
No, it's clearly different, because I never said that I found Muzan's fight disappointing. The only thing I said is that it could potentially have been better for Gotouge's standards, but that doesn't mean that I found it disappointing either, far from it.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Why so aggressive, though? I only expressed my opinion, pointing out that there are some things that have yet to be fully explored and could potentially serve for the start of a future arc. If you think this manga took a considerable nosedive in quality since the Red Light District arc and that a future arc would be a forced and a bad thing to do, then good, it's your opinion and I respect it, but please don't go forcing your opinion on others, because it's what it looks you're doing. For me, this manga so far has been pretty good (with some flaws, obviously, just like any fiction work, but still pretty good nonetheless) and I'm only pointing out that if Gotouge wants to go for a next arc, she could do it since the potential is there IMO. If she wants to end it though, I'm still fine with it, because like I said, I trust in Gotouge's writing since she hasn't given me a single reason yet to distrust it, unlike NNT and Fairy Tail, but that's just my opinion ofc.
you didn't understand anything I said. I don't think the Red Light District is bad, quite the contrary, but it does have a repetition in the arc.
All these points that you say support an arc, in fact are points that can be solved in just one chapter, you don't need to spend more than 90 chapters to explain something that can be solved in 1 chapter.
I'm not forcing any opinion, I'm just pointing out bad arguments and you are yours. Don't offend me just because I don't agree with your opinion of expanding kimetsu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Then I'm sorry if I said something I shouldn't have. Though, next time you should differentiate the quotes so there aren't any misunderstoods, since that user and I are saying fundamentally different things, and quoting me along with him gives an impression that we're saying the same when it clearly isn't the case. Just a recommendation though :p
You are defending the same point, aren't you? Of all that is good, kimetsu is the same that ends up getting bad.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Imagine what it would be like if Monster (Naoki Urasawa) had continued with a new villain after Johan?
It's the same with Muzan. Although Muzan is not the best manga villain, the whole kimetsu story was centered on fighting him.
His first appearance was in chapter 13, and he is still in the manga today. Features a new villain now would be a shot in the foot.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
you didn't understand anything I said. I don't think the Red Light District is bad, quite the contrary, but it does have a repetition in the arc.
All these points that you say support an arc, in fact are points that can be solved in just one chapter, you don't need to spend more than 90 chapters to explain something that can be solved in 1 chapter.
I'm not forcing any opinion, I'm just pointing out bad arguments and you are yours. Don't offend me just because I don't agree with your opinion of expanding kimetsu.
Yeah, it can be solved in one chapter or it can be solved in an arc. It all depends on how Gotouge decides to execute it. The possibility of her not even explaining those points is there too even.

Look, I think you're still misunderstanding me. My opinion is not that Kimetsu should continue but rather than that, it could continue. I'm just expressing a possibility, something that may or may not happen. I'm not saying either that expanding it is a good or a bad thing, just a possibility. It all depends on how Gotouge executes it (if she even does that in the first place) and how much do you trust her writing skills (which comes down to your own perception of how you see the things). For me, things are completely fine if this is the end too. I beg your pardon if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. It's just that I found your posts a little bit aggressive. It's fine if you don't agree, we all have different opinions.

You are defending the same point, aren't you? Of all that is good, kimetsu is the same that ends up getting bad.
No, that user is saying that the last fight sucked and that that's the reason we should have another arc, for the ending to be more complete. That user is saying that Kimetsu should have another arc because if this is the ending it's terrible according to him. I'm just saying that this expansion could be a possibility that could happen. If it ends here, for me it was pretty good overall.

Pretty different overall. He's defending that the manga should continue, meanwhile I'm not even defending anything. Just expressing a possibility that may or may not happen and it will depend on Gotouge, her skills and the perception you have of those skills.

Imagine what it would be like if Monster (Naoki Urasawa) had continued with a new villain after Johan?
It's the same with Muzan. Although Muzan is not the best manga villain, the whole kimetsu story was centered on fighting him.
His first appearance was in chapter 13, and he is still in the manga today. Features a new villain now would be a shot in the foot.
I haven't read Monster, so I can't say anything. But I don't agree with the notion that just because the villain was there since the start, if he were to disappear and be replaced by some other villain it would be incredibly bad. It depends on the execution, IMO. I have already expressed why I think this manga continuing could be a possibility and could make some sense, but like I said everyone has their own opinion.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Yeah, it can be solved in one chapter or it can be solved in an arc. It all depends on how Gotouge decides to execute it. The possibility of her not even explaining those points is there too even.

Look, I think you're still misunderstanding me. My opinion is not that Kimetsu should continue but rather than that, it could continue. I'm just expressing a possibility, something that may or may not happen. I'm not saying either that expanding it is a good or a bad thing, just a possibility. It all depends on how Gotouge executes it (if she even does that in the first place) and how much do you trust her writing skills (which comes down to your own perception of how you see the things). For me, things are completely fine if this is the end too. I beg your pardon if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. It's just that I found your posts a little bit aggressive. It's fine if you don't agree, we all have different opinions.



No, that user is saying that the last fight sucked and that that's the reason we should have another arc, for the ending to be more complete. That user is saying that Kimetsu should have another arc because if this is the ending it's terrible according to him. I'm just saying that this expansion could be a possibility that could happen. If it ends here, for me it was pretty good overall.

Pretty different overall. He's defending that the manga should continue, meanwhile I'm not even defending anything. Just expressing a possibility that may or may not happen and it will depend on Gotouge, her skills and the perception you have of those skills.



I haven't read Monster, so I can't say anything. But I don't agree with the notion that just because the villain was there since the start, if he were to disappear and be replaced by some other villain it would be incredibly bad. It depends on the execution, IMO. I have already expressed why I think this manga continuing could be a possibility and could make some sense, but like I said everyone has their own opinion.
If everyone has your opinion then why do you treat mine as if they are aggressive?
At no time did I assault you or anyone else who has an opposite opinion to mine.
you treat me arrogantly just because I want a good ending for kimetsu no yaiba without having to extend the story.
If Muzan's fight was bad or this arc was unsatisfactory then it's one more reason to end it.
If the question arises between the doctor and the Blue spider lily, they can be solved in one chapter so that it can be extended with another arc? it would make all of this dull, just like with the zeldris and DK's return in Nanatsu, regardless of the author's ability will still be a bad thing.
on the villain issue. do you think Kaguya is better than madara or Pain.
Or king quincy is better than aizen.
Again, we are talking about a villain who has been present in history for over 190 chapters, not to introduce a new villain now and say that he is stronger than Muzan.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
If everyone has your opinion then why do you treat mine as if they are aggressive?
At no time did I assault you or anyone else who has an opposite opinion to mine.
you treat me arrogantly just because I want a good ending for kimetsu no yaiba without having to extend the story.
If Muzan's fight was bad or this arc was unsatisfactory then it's one more reason to end it.
If the question arises between the doctor and the Blue spider lily, they can be solved in one chapter so that it can be extended with another arc? it would make all of this dull, just like with the zeldris and DK's return in Nanatsu, regardless of the author's ability will still be a bad thing.
on the villain issue. do you think Kaguya is better than madara or Pain.
Or king quincy is better than aizen.
Again, we are talking about a villain who has been present in history for over 190 chapters, not to introduce a new villain now and say that he is stronger than Muzan.
Ok, this will be my last reply to you. At no point I think I treated you arrogantly, but if I did and I didn't notice, then once again, I apologise. And no, obviously you didn't assault anybody, but it's the way you're saying things. I started with a comment saying that all of this was just a possibility that could or could not happen and that it would depend on what path Gotouge chose to do, as well as in the execution and how you perceived that execution, to which you quoted my post and basically said that this would be bad, that we people don't learn from the other mangas that have done this, and you also accused me of wanting this to turn into Nanatsu 2.0 and many more things. I found this reply quite aggressive, almost as if you were trying to put your opinion over mine, or you were trying to convince me to stop defending something when I wasn't even defending anything in the first place. Maybe it was just how I perceived it, but that's how I felt. Again, I apologise if I've said something I shouldn't have said.

Generally speaking, I think what you said is true. The new villain introduced out of nowhere tends to be worse than the one who got introduced later on, but what you're saying is just a pattern. A pattern that maybe can come true or maybe not. I think it all depends on the execution, and the authors you mentioned failed to execute this properly from my point of view. If there's some information that has been stated in the manga that can support something like this, and the villain is introduced and fleshed in a proper way, I don't think it's necessarily going to be bad, but like I said everyone has their own opinion and you're just as free as I am to express it.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Ok, this will be my last reply to you. At no point I think I treated you arrogantly, but if I did and I didn't notice, then once again, I apologise. And no, obviously you didn't assault anybody, but it's the way you're saying things. I started with a comment saying that all of this was just a possibility that could or could not happen and that it would depend on what path Gotouge chose to do, as well as in the execution and how you perceived that execution, to which you quoted my post and basically said that this would be bad, that we people don't learn from the other mangas that have done this, and you also accused me of wanting this to turn into Nanatsu 2.0 and many more things. I found this reply quite aggressive, almost as if you were trying to put your opinion over mine, or you were trying to convince me to stop defending something when I wasn't even defending anything in the first place. Maybe it was just how I perceived it, but that's how I felt. Again, I apologise if I've said something I shouldn't have said.

Generally speaking, I think what you said is true. The new villain introduced out of nowhere tends to be worse than the one who got introduced later on, but what you're saying is just a pattern. A pattern that maybe can come true or maybe not. I think it all depends on the execution, and the authors you mentioned failed to execute this properly from my point of view. If there's some information that has been stated in the manga that can support something like this, and the villain is introduced and fleshed in a proper way, I don't think it's necessarily going to be bad, but like I said everyone has their own opinion and you're just as free as I am to express it.
This will also be the last time I speak. you have an opinion of expanding kimetsu can be a good thing, beauty.
I don't think so, and I still presented evidence and examples from other manga that did the same thing and it didn't work out.
Not a single moment did I force my opinion on other people, you are accusing me of something I did not do.
Look, I wanted to be excited just like you and have the same confidence. However, when we remember other manga from jump and outside that extended the story, the retrospect is not good. For every 20 manga that extend the story 19 end badly.
And kimetsu no yaiba can follow that same path and end badly.
Shingeki, for example, the beach episode would have been a much better ending than the one that Ishayana is preparing. I didn't need to revive Armin or make Eren a villain.
They would have loose ends but at least the ending would have been much better.
 

GoatXr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Age
27
Country
Uchiha Clan
This will also be the last time I speak. you have an opinion of expanding kimetsu can be a good thing, beauty.
I don't think so, and I still presented evidence and examples from other manga that did the same thing and it didn't work out.
Not a single moment did I force my opinion on other people, you are accusing me of something I did not do.
Look, I wanted to be excited just like you and have the same confidence. However, when we remember other manga from jump and outside that extended the story, the retrospect is not good. For every 20 manga that extend the story 19 end badly.
And kimetsu no yaiba can follow that same path and end badly.
Shingeki, for example, the beach episode would have been a much better ending than the one that Ishayana is preparing. I didn't need to revive Armin or make Eren a villain.
They would have loose ends but at least the ending would have been much better.
Dude I’m gonna be honest, you keep bringing up other mangas. Which is extremely irrelevant. Every writer is different, every manga is different. Some can flourish, some can fall off. You think demon slayer will fall off if it continues, that’s your opinion. Just because it’s not ending the way you wanted to. No matter how good something can be there’s always ppl who have something negative to say, because it didn’t go there way. People will always be unsatisfied. If the manga ends soon with talk no justu, I would not be shock, I can easily see that coming. I would not be a big fan of it. Because what would Tanjiro turning into a demon in the first place? While they could have just skip that. And let him be with Nezuko. But I would quickly get over it. I’m not gonna hate on demon slayer for an underwhelming ending to me, I’m still gonna love it. But I’m looking at the bigger picture. I can see the potential in this, if done right. But you want closure, you want a happy ending now. Which is find, that’s your opinion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top