Games Mafia Game 80 - FGO - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
I typicaly don't give much thought to the source shows or games the MGs I'm in are based on, even if I know and like them...

However, I gotta say, I am very pleasantly surprised by the amount of care that went into this mafia game AND FGO itself. I was expecting there to be some anime cringe and for the game, as a phone game with gacha, to just be a boring, additive cash grab, but while there's still the usual anime tropes in there, I am very happy with the refreshingly easy to understand complexity, surprisingly enjoyable characters (shout-out to ya girl Sanzang), and all around interesting ideas. I never thought I would be here on Day 1 of a MG typing more than three sentences and about damn phone game, but I am legitimately enjoying it far more than I ever expected.

Also, avis are great, the opening MG posts with actually interesting and made me chuckle a bit once (
“Elementary my dear Moriarty.”

“Holmes, never say those words to me again.”
), and no special mechanic actually may be what a lot of us need on this sub to remember the bare bones of what should be going on in this game.


Now, all of that being said, I don't see myself enjoying this MG quite as much as other people might. My role is trash and, while the lack of a special mechanic for this game may be an overall plus, it also means I most likely won't have much to do.

Still, overall, I'm very happy with this massive game and the great game it's based on.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,192
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys for the game!

Will drop to check more later.

Last time you said something like that they killed you on N1 :lambirb
They always want to kill him fast :emocat

About the killing parties, I assume it’s possible there are 2 mafias at least and a 3rd party (maybe even insane doc or so for town, to have as many kills as possible), or in another scenario, we have bombs, third parties (I wouldn’t be surprised with either mentor or at least 2 third parties), townie killing roles, and 2 mafias. All for the maximum chaos and kill <_> I

Btw, Votekill Vandred, welcome back, long lost rival.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
The difference in attack also made it obvious that the killers were not the same person as the first.
Ik Panda said it's just flavor text but this part had called my attention before, and welp, supporting what the numbers indicate that we could expect 2+ killing parties indeed.

Material for later: I don't recall having this role (but won't go back to check it now) but it's common to see it in games. Imo, since we got no mechanics around to screw up with old style things, revealing a bit in early moments is indeed good and I believe anyone can do it somehow, to allow check ups later, without exposure in case of important/trap roles.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ohhhh thx @Valhalla777 they look awesome indeed ❤ forgot to say it in the discussion thread.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And we both know about that nice streak of yours. Now riddle me this, James. How did you know about the murders so quickly?
James Mafia Doctor confirmed.
:teehee
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,109
Reaction score
12,874
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Vote kill James Rye :grumble
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Lmao it was a joke.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean if that was your reasoning...
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I doubt we have a Santa Claus though. It would definitely feel anti-climatic for a game of 29 people.
Shapeshifter maybe but it doesn't fit the context of the game so far.
To me its the other way around, in a game with so many players a SS would do far better than a Mentor or SK. Also Santa Claus could be a possibility depending on design and gifts.

Vote kill James Rye :grumble
 

lakhan220

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2016
Messages
895
Reaction score
9,011
Age
32
Country
India
Umu ok then, if you guys have any questions ask them today, games here are quite "role-heavy" so there will be a lot of talk about those later on. Since newbie mafias will ask their doubts to their teammates in nightpads it will be good to make questions this day one, will give us something to talk about.
Sure, would ask it if needed.
Lovers with Seraph:spank
wow, seraph had a lover ? :lmao news to me...and is he not playing this game ?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
To me its the other way around, in a game with so many players a SS would do far better than a Mentor or SK. Also Santa Claus could be a possibility depending on design and gifts.
I was referring to the story of the game for the shapeshifter. The way I saw it is that both Vinci and Arjuna are dead but they aren't illusions so the role didn't fit in my head. I guess it could fit the context of the game if you take the term shapeshifter literally instead of looking at the rules though. The person in question took the form of someone Vinci was close to, then killed her by surprised while she had her guard down. This quote down below would make sense that way. (A mentor would fit too if you follow the same logic).

“She knew her attacker. The attacker then surprised her, leaving no time for thought since she’s a pretty quick read on situations.”
She thought she knew her attacker but instead, it was someone else who transformed into that person.


As for the Santa, I've never played a game which had Santa in it but wouldn't it be very easy for a Santa to win in such a big game with no mechanics?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top