Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

IamAshleylol

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
He visited the Muzan's jaws, literally. Not to consider that it is fatal, it's like thinking that sharks are harmless fish.
Yeah he got bit but it didn’t show any serious injury lol also the medic ppl didnt even try to help them ahah they were able to save giyuu who lost a whole arm but we never seen them tending to mitsuri and obanai.. that’s stupid to me haha . But idk maybe they aren't dead. I honestly won’t believe there dead till one of the characters says something about there deaths haha or we finally see them cross over. It’s hella lame if we don’t see them get married imo

BlueLagoon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
What tension. So long waiting for the chapter.

I hardly really think it could be the end, but I'm really glad that at least the Tanjiro and Kanao affair ends this way.
They deserve it. And from what i can read on twitter, people (most) are very happy with these spoilers.

Without a doubt, a good decision from the creator of this manga.

pamuchi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Yeeeet.

I'm leaving my comment.

First of all, ppl overreacted a lot. This only happened solely to give Muzan a little of character development by accepting what Ubuyashiki told him ages ago. It could have work in different ways? Yes.

Tanjirou had nothing to do Muzan in the first place, he didn't share his thoughts and intentions. That's why it was easier to bring him back.

Dunno what's with this craziness of wanting Tanjirou to be dead. Since day 1, his goal was to bring back Nezuko to human, he promised he would buy her a new kimono.

Letting him die without knowing he achieved his goal, is not how things work. It was pretty foreseeable that Tanjirou would live after this, also Giyuu being JUST'd three times in a row, Wani gave him break to the guy, so he finally can protect what he care the most and giving him a 2nd chance.

I'd like to address something more. What kind of message would give to the kids and young ppl that read this in Japan, that even if you work too hard to achieve your goal, then die without even knowing you did it? It's pretty gruesome for this audience. Specially whose readership are mostly composed by the young.

Death note killed Light because he was playing God and there's a price to pay.
Ashita no Joe is unknown lol. Its up to the reader if you want to believe he died or not.
Jojos first part Jonathan sacrificed himself, he really lived a hellish life because of Dio.

Tanjirou didn't live a hellish life or he did something to punish him in order to kill him.
He indeed overdid his body and forced himself to go forward and of course, there will be consequences. That's for sure.

It was great that this ended here and not stretch it up too long with Nezuko part 2. There would have been very troublesome to fight and defeat someone who's literally inmortal.

For me, there was few things that I'd like to be fixed but I think overall, it's ok. Nothing outside the world. It's a shonen manga that most of the time tends to mess some things and most importantly, the croc's first serialization.

Now, looking forward to read the chapter. One thing is giving an opinion based on spoilers, another is giving the full pic based on the official release.

raytheartist

Reaction score
Country
United States
despite what a lot of people are saying, i think this was the perfect ending. although, it would have been nice if they made the muzan fight arc a bit shorter and the tanjiro-demon fight longer. it did seem a bit rushed.

gotouge didn't follow the "rules" of shounen manga. they did what they wanted to, making a very unpredictable series. they convinced us characters like giyuu would die and characters like mitsuri would live. no one could've predicted who all would live and die. they also were fine with killing major characters but let smaller, meaningless characters live. also, tanjiro "died" early on in the muzan fight and came back. when he "died" again, everyone was convinced it was real this time.

many people said "tanjiro will become a demon to survive" but i have yet to see anyone who genuinely thought that. people were just too sad to see him die. no one expected this outcome of equal happiness and equal sadness. i think it was written amazingly. im sad that its nearly over.

despite saying i think it was written amazingly, i would have liked some things to be different. but thats my opinion. remember, your opinion doesn't change the quality of the writing.

everyone saying they're disappointed because they wanted this or that to happen, don't be toxic. we all have things we wished were different. your predictable outcome that you wished happened, didn't. get over it and look at the story for what it actually is.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Makes no sense why they died lol last we seen they were lively and talking to eachother we didn’t get any afterlife scene and now there dead?! The medics didn’t even try to help them? We seen them tending to everyone’s wounds besides Obanai and mitsuri, that makes noooo sense. How the hell did Obanai die when all he did was lose his eyes 🙄 that isn’t life threatening at all! And mitsuri just got cut on her face and cheek. I know everyone was saying she lost her arms, but that was never confirmed and we never actually seen her lose them so I don’t believe it, it’s all speculation... so why are they dead 😂 like wtf
confuse how Kanroji die. Giyu is one arm he survive and suffer blood losts a lot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

despite what a lot of people are saying, i think this was the perfect ending. although, it would have been nice if they made the muzan fight arc a bit shorter and the tanjiro-demon fight longer. it did seem a bit rushed.

gotouge didn't follow the "rules" of shounen manga. they did what they wanted to, making a very unpredictable series. they convinced us characters like giyuu would die and characters like mitsuri would live. no one could've predicted who all would live and die. they also were fine with killing major characters but let smaller, meaningless characters live. also, tanjiro "died" early on in the muzan fight and came back. when he "died" again, everyone was convinced it was real this time.

many people said "tanjiro will become a demon to survive" but i have yet to see anyone who genuinely thought that. people were just too sad to see him die. no one expected this outcome of equal happiness and equal sadness. i think it was written amazingly. im sad that its nearly over.

despite saying i think it was written amazingly, i would have liked some things to be different. but thats my opinion. remember, your opinion doesn't change the quality of the writing.

everyone saying they're disappointed because they wanted this or that to happen, don't be toxic. we all have things we wished were different. your predictable outcome that you wished happened, didn't. get over it and look at the story for what it actually is.
Agree with you nice speech man(No sarcasm)

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Ok, let's rephrase things in a way that doesn't have it get removed (hopefully).

Just as it's okay for you to think things are amazingly written and perfect, it's equally okay for someone to dislike the way things turned out. And to imply that if someone is in the latter category, it means they're "toxic," is a toxic mindset to have.

Actually debating the details of the writing and the arc itself, instead of telling people to "get over it," is a much better way to approach things.

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
This ending feels very rushed and forced.

Ever since the final "fight" began.
Yaiba is a solid series but the ending just... how everything was executed is something I cant get behind & sometimes the ending makes or breaks a series for me.

I mean if you loved this series and its ending then by all means enjoy it but the ball was dropped hard in this final fight overall. Which is a shame because this final arc started off so strong.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This ending feels very rushed and forced.

Ever since the final "fight" began.
Yaiba is a solid series but the ending just... how everything was executed is something I cant get behind & sometimes the ending makes or breaks a series for me.

I mean if you loved this series and its ending then by all means enjoy it but the ball was dropped hard in this final fight overall. Which is a shame because this final arc started off so strong.
I think i see what you're thinking and understand, although i still think this series had a very good finale regardless of the issues with the fight.

As for what hindered the final fight, to me, it's the time skipping due to it being an hour long fight, and the spammed nature of Muzan's bladestorm. Every prior fight made it clear that every blow and strike mattered and had the chance of fatality. It was clear from the get go with Upper Moon One that they had to put their all into every blow to have a chance. This was not really the case for the finale. I would have been fine with it if Muzan found himself unable to land a single effective strike the moment 5 pillars started fighting at once, but their strategy didn't seem powerful enough to last for an hour. They kept getting injuries even over the course of minutes and suffered near-death incidents that made it feel like they were the ones on the ropes, not him. It made it hard to believe the plausibility of the hour long stalling. If there had been a little more time investment in showing that they had fully adapted to his bladestorm strategy and could keep him busy without risk of death, it would be fine, but they didn't.

EX:Just have Muzan use that AOE lightning attack he used towards the end early on, but fail to actually cause any serious damage. Juave them all jump away from it in time. Then show them repeatedly blocking and parrying his bladestorm or dodging it as necessary without serious issue. Then i would be able to seriously believe they are stalling him out and that he's the one in real trouble with danger of losing. It felt like their competence level was very easily fluctuating. AKA, right at the end, he suddenly one shot all of them at once which just didn't make any sense. It would've been better if tanjirou had just shown up while they were still stalling him out. Defeating him ended up being a group effort anyways, not some dramatic final finishing move by tanjirou, so there wasn't much reason not to have them stay relevant. Or Koyoharu could've just had Tanjirou's fully activated Breath of the Sun intensify the sun marks they got and knock them out unintentionally if he wanted tanjirou to 1v1 at the end.

They also could have had the fight only be a few minutes long and end due to Tanjirou's Breath of the Sun 13th form, not the sun itself, but i see why the sunlight death was chosen. It just felt like the fight was nowhere near as good as the upper moon battles.

Probably, the best way to do it would have been to have Tanjirou kill him at night in a group battle vs Muzan that only lasted a few minutes at most. Here's the huge plot hole:There is no reason why Muzan and the Upper Moons couldn't have just attacked at 1AM in the morning or even earlier. If he had done that, they would have had to stall him out for 6 hours or more, not approximately 1. That means their survival was basically due to plot induced stupidity on muzan's part. Either that, or literally have Tanjirou stall the guy out the whole night in a one on one fight after every other pillar is dead and just be nearly as broken as Yorichi apparently was. Those are the only two serious logical outcomes IMO.

That plot hole kind of just breaks this whole infinity fortress arc for me consistency wise as much as i like the narrative of the story so far. Now I know that Muzan would have won easily if he had thought about it even a little and given himself more than 1 hour. That is really sad for me because the story was just that close to being completely perfect.

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hah happy Giyu survive this whole series. All theory of him dying didn t happen

Same for Tanjiro

Everyone being emotional except for our stoic boy Giyu who is too busy drinking lol haha

😂😂😂

Giyu is so cool.

Jaiden11

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Honestly I'm just gonna say it. I kinda liked this ending. I felt that Tanjirou needed to survive because this was supposed to be his journey. I just wanted him to see Nezuko alive and well and that was it. This was one of the most gruesome some arc that I've ever seen in my history of watching shonen (not that long but I've got like 15 or so under my belt)

I saw ealier someone complaining about Iguro and Mitsuri and why they died even tho they could have lived. Iguro my boi Iguro was fighting the longest and got slammed by Muzan's demon blood art twice (i assume the first time the pillaes were sent away it was because of that). He was fighting for so long and exerting himself so much alongside Tanjirou and got his head bitten by Muzan. Fighting so long in that state along side the injuries he got was enough to kill him. Mitsuri its easy she got both her arms slashed off. You can see that in chapter 198 page 2 or 3. If either one of them was gonna live Iguro was in a better condition but I think he would willingly die to be with Kanroji.

Giyuu finally came full circle and was able to protect someone (protected zen and inosuke). Sanemi got to say goodbye to his family and the main trio is probs gonna survive. Yes the final fight could have been better but imagine how amazing that will look when anime. Oh man

haijihusbando

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea

Korean scans out, I've translated it below to the best of my ability.

The chapter title translates roughly as 'The many ends of a thread' or something but it doesn't sound great in English lol sorry
Nezuko: Brother let’s go back
Let’s go back home

Tanjiro: I want to go back
I want to go back home too, Nezuko
I’m really exhausted/tired of it all
Please God
Please let me go back home
I just want to go back home with my little sister
Please…
Muzan: What’ll happen if you go back home?
Your whole family is dead
It’s a place filled with nothing but buried bodies
What are you going to do if you go back?
Tanjiro: I still have memories
Of those happy days
My bond with Nezuko won’t disappear
That’s why I want to go back
Muzan: Stop doing things in vain
Nezuko’s dead
I killed her
Tanjiro: Don’t lie
Nezuko is alive
You’re a liar
Muzan: Stop doing pointless things dear/dead ones (망자들아 is hard to translate, but i think he's referring to Tanjiro's siblings who are pushing him up)
Don’t you smell the blood of your comrades?
You killed them
You’re to blame
Nobody wants you to go back
Tanjiro: I want to apologise
Because I hurt everybody
I want to go back and apologise
Muzan: Even if you apologise you won’t be forgiven
Tanjiro: That’s not for me to decide
I can smell everyone worrying about me
Muzan: Shut up
You are the one who will inherit my will
Don’t look ahead. Don’t believe anyone else. Don’t look for hope
If you don’t become a demon, you’ll only live for a few years before you die
You must pay the price of dishonor/blame/stigma (반점 is another rly hard word)
Only think about what you have to do
Grasp into your hands the boundless existence that’s right in front of your eyes
Tanjiro: No
I want to die as a human
I don’t want to have something like a boundless existence at all
I want to go back to my friends
Muzan: Piece of shit/trash
Will only you survive?
Lots of other people have died
Will you be the only one who will lose nothing and shamelessly survive?
This is just your delusion
Know when to be ashamed! Stop!!
Tanjiro: It smells of Shinobu-san
No… This is…
This is the smell of wisteria…

Tanjiro: Nezuko…..
Muzan: Let go of his hand
I’m telling you to go back to this side
You even overcame the sun
You’re a superior creature
Don’t go to that side Tanjiro
Can’t you hear the cries of the dead? (wtf does 원성 mean, I’m just guessing it means cries)
They’re screaming why only you (get to) survive
Why they lost everything, but only you…
Tanjiro: None of them are like that
They’re all people who lived risking their lives for someone other than themselves.
The difficult and sad experiences they’ve had
They’re all people who wished that nobody else would have to experience that
Muzan: Tanjiro, stop!!
Please wait!!
Keep thinking about my will!!
Only you can do it
Don’t you know that you’ve been chosen by god?
If it’s you it’s possible!! The perfect…
The ultimate creature/being!!

Tanjiro: Everyone…
Voices: Tanjiro come back
Don’t ever lose
It’s this way, Tanjiro
Let’s go back
Let’s go back home
Muzan: Tanjiro
Tanjiro don’t go!!
Don’t leave me!!

Nezuko: Brother…
Tanjiro: …. I’m sorry
Are your wounds…
Okay…?
Everyone: He’s back!!!
Tanjirooooo

Inosuke: Any injuries I suffered from you…
They’re nothing…
Zenitsu: I’ll… pay you back for the rest of my life…
A wife’s share too… (as in money)
Nezuko: Wife?
Giyuu: Haa---

Kakushi: Kanao-chan, Tanjiro has woken up!
People: Uuooohhhhh (celebration noises)
Tanjiro: Kanao…
Thank god… she’s alive…
Inosuke: crying noises

Yushiro: Ha---
Cat: Meow
Yushiro: Hmph
I had a feeling you weren’t going to die
Tamayo-san
It’s all over…

Narrator: A long-lasting struggle, finished-----… Next chapter, climax LCP!!
Edit: this chapter had SO much dialogue, jesus
Edit 2: /a/non posted his translation too, you can check mine against his if you want but we both got similar results yay

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Poor yushiro... it feels like he will walk into the sunlight soon enough. He is the last demon after all, and as such a loose end...

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Everyone being emotional except for Giyu and sleeping Sanemi

Wonder why yushiro is crying Happy Tanjiro survive or Tamayo death

Yushiro is last demon in existense

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Thanks for that translation, haiji. Definitely can see things wrapping up either next chapter or the one after that.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Korean scans out, I've translated it below to the best of my ability.

The chapter title translates roughly as 'The many ends of a thread' or something but it doesn't sound great in English lol sorry
Let’s go back home

Tanjiro: I want to go back
I want to go back home too, Nezuko
I’m really exhausted/tired of it all
Please God
Please let me go back home
I just want to go back home with my little sister
Please…
Muzan: What’ll happen if you go back home?
Your whole family is dead
It’s a place filled with nothing but buried bodies
What are you going to do if you go back?
Tanjiro: I still have memories
Of those happy days
My bond with Nezuko won’t disappear
That’s why I want to go back
Muzan: Stop doing things in vain
Nezuko’s dead
I killed her
Tanjiro: Don’t lie
Nezuko is alive
You’re a liar
Muzan: Stop doing pointless things dear/dead ones (망자들아 is hard to translate, but i think he's referring to Tanjiro's siblings who are pushing him up)
Don’t you smell the blood of your comrades?
You killed them
You’re to blame
Nobody wants you to go back
Tanjiro: I want to apologise
Because I hurt everybody
I want to go back and apologise
Muzan: Even if you apologise you won’t be forgiven
Tanjiro: That’s not for me to decide
I can smell everyone worrying about me
Muzan: Shut up
You are the one who will inherit my will
Don’t look ahead. Don’t believe anyone else. Don’t look for hope
If you don’t become a demon, you’ll only live for a few years before you die
You must pay the price of dishonor/blame/stigma (반점 is another rly hard word)
Only think about what you have to do
Grasp into your hands the boundless existence that’s right in front of your eyes
Tanjiro: No
I want to die as a human
I don’t want to have something like a boundless existence at all
I want to go back to my friends
Muzan: Piece of shit/trash
Will only you survive?
Lots of other people have died
Will you be the only one who will lose nothing and shamelessly survive?
This is just your delusion
Know when to be ashamed! Stop!!
Tanjiro: It smells of Shinobu-san
No… This is…
This is the smell of wisteria…

Tanjiro: Nezuko…..
Muzan: Let go of his hand
I’m telling you to go back to this side
You even overcame the sun
You’re a superior creature
Don’t go to that side Tanjiro
Can’t you hear the cries of the dead? (wtf does 원성 mean, I’m just guessing it means cries)
They’re screaming why only you (get to) survive
Why they lost everything, but only you…
Tanjiro: None of them are like that
They’re all people who lived risking their lives for someone other than themselves.
The difficult and sad experiences they’ve had
They’re all people who wished that nobody else would have to experience that
Muzan: Tanjiro, stop!!
Please wait!!
Keep thinking about my will!!
Only you can do it
Don’t you know that you’ve been chosen by god?
If it’s you it’s possible!! The perfect…
The ultimate creature/being!!

Tanjiro: Everyone…
Voices: Tanjiro come back
Don’t ever lose
It’s this way, Tanjiro
Let’s go back
Let’s go back home
Muzan: Tanjiro
Tanjiro don’t go!!
Don’t leave me!!

Nezuko: Brother…
Tanjiro: …. I’m sorry
Are your wounds…
Okay…?
Everyone: He’s back!!!
Tanjirooooo

Inosuke: Any injuries I suffered from you…
They’re nothing…
Zenitsu: I’ll… pay you back for the rest of my life…
A wife’s share too… (as in money)
Nezuko: Wife?
Giyuu: Haa---

Kakushi: Kanao-chan, Tanjiro has woken up!
People: Uuooohhhhh (celebration noises)
Tanjiro: Kanao…
Thank god… she’s alive…
Inosuke: crying noises

Yushiro: Ha---
Cat: Meow
Yushiro: Hmph
I had a feeling you weren’t going to die
Tamayo-san
It’s all over…

Narrator: A long-lasting struggle, finished-----… Next chapter, climax LCP!!
Edit: this chapter had SO much dialogue, jesus
Giyu is funny lol he only say haa

He is speechless after that lol.

Muzan is so pathectic and petty to the end lol

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
It's not my ideal ending, but this chapter was beautiful nonetheless.
It was definitely beautiful, I hope we get a double page spread though next chapter since I haven't seen one of those in a while

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Now Tanjiro,Giyu,Kanao,Zenitsu,Inosuke and Sanemi should get a break. They deserve it all that battle and deaths must be extremely exhausting and painful.

They all deserve happy ending. Hope Gotouge show them grown up.

Chapter 204 is next week or it is on break again?

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Now Tanjiro,Giyu,Kanao,Zenitsu,Inosuke and Sanemi should get a break. They deserve it all that battle and deaths must be extremely exhausting and painful.

They all deserve happy ending. Hope Gotouge show them grown up.

Chapter 204 is next week or it is on break again?
It's next week and KnY will have an LCP. I think next chapter will have a funeral for sure for all the dead chars, am curious to see what the LCP will be about.
Edit: i forgot about golden week, guess we're waiting 2 weeks now yay

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
It's next week and KnY will have an LCP. I think next chapter will have a funeral for sure for all the dead chars, am curious to see what the LCP will be about.
cool thanks for the answer. more waiting will be a pain

Epilogue will be exciting can t wait. I guess I go off. until next week again people