But also there's a certain peculiarity for most manga artist I would assume, they actively looked into getting into the manga industry, an industry that's well known for it's high highs, but also low lows (As in a lot of mangaka never really having successful series and having to work part time, stuff like that).
I'd venture to say that most manga artists are creationist, they have a passion for the medium. I doubt Gotouge has lost that interest, is something that certain people have for life, maybe Gotouge will indeed take a vacation but I fully expect his/her new serialization within 1-2 years.
For example Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter x Hunter mangaka) pretty much had the perfect opportunity to end HxH in the last arc, but decided to continue it, he doesn't really need money (He didn't need money after YYH), and he ended YYH when he wanted to, and he has terrible back pains.. so I can only assume Togashi's passion for his trade overcomes all.. Perhaps only surpassed by the newest DQ being released lol
Gotouge might be different, but I do not know of many mangaka that reached these heights and simply retired because mangakas are modern troubadours, people that actively entered an industry that's known for being super harsh and not really a high paying field.
You probably know of the super successful mangakas, but how many of you have heard of the guy that debuted in (insert magazine) and failed, and then tried again and failed again while doing part time jobs so he/she could pay rent..
Yeah,
survivorship bias is a scary thing that we shouldn't overlook.
Worst time line Gotouge goes full Toriyama and releases one volume manga in WSJ whenever he/she feels like.