Moderator Notice: Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.
These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei
Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi
GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
As much as I am hype about demon slayer my expectations for this manga are extremely high considering the unique setup. I seriously hope this is good and becomes a hit because shonen jump needs it right now considering TPN, haikyuu, we never learn and Demon Slayer are ending by the end of 2020/ early 2021 and one piece is going to be on constant hiatus. This can be a huge chance for it to be an instant success considering how huge next issue will be but that will depend on the strength of the first chapter.
I don't think the jump is that desperate now that Agravity boys, Undead unluck and Mashle are doing well.
Okay, Agravity is not in a favorable position, but considering the current scenario I don't think there will be as many beginnings and cancellations as last year.
Why is that everybody is sure(100%)that demon slayer will reach 100 milion life time sales?
It currently has reached 44 milion life time sales and it has 2 volumes left(one currently out and one for the future) even assuming each volume would reach 4 milion copies in sales that's would still be 84 milion copies sold.
Is Oda panicking? I don't get it?
Oda hadn't spoken against demon slayer nor was he telling people to go buy more volumes.
Also the one piece anime sucks, it adpats one chapter per episode for god sakes.
Every opinion is subjective for some people black clover is better than one piece, demon slayer, naruto...
For others it's fairy tail.
For others it's hunter x hunter or berserk or death note or the world's end harem(yes there are people that claim this) ....
You get the point there is no objectively superior manga because if we are objective about manga we wouldn't be able to decide which one is superior because that would require us to put objective standards to quality and thats impossible.
I do not know if Oda will be panicking or not, I do not have the pleasure of meeting him to confirm or disprove such a thing. But you can be sure that no person, no matter how good they are, likes the idea of moving to second place, even if it happens 2 or 3 years. I know that English is not my mother tongue, but I made it clear that opinions are subjective. But apart from that, we must undoubtedly base ourselves on what is objective. In statistics, sales, recognition, impact, etc. And that is something undeniable and does not give wings for subjectivity. It is or it is not.
I do not know if Oda will be panicking or not, I do not have the pleasure of meeting him to confirm or disprove such a thing. But you can be sure that no person, no matter how good they are, likes the idea of moving to second place, even if it happens 2 or 3 years. I know that English is not my mother tongue, but I made it clear that opinions are subjective. But apart from that, we must undoubtedly base ourselves on what is objective. In statistics, sales, recognition, impact, etc. And that is something undeniable and does not give wings for subjectivity. It is or it is not.
Well, I agree. It all comes down to personal preference. I'm not going to start a argument with anyone saying that this manga is better then the one he likes more. It's Just useless try to impose your opinion in someone else.
However, saying that doesn't exist objectively superior manga is also silly. I could Just come in and say that Zipman is better than MHA. It's not. You may like It more and that's fine. I think that the problem is that most people use that term to impose their opinions in others.
I do not know if Oda will be panicking or not, I do not have the pleasure of meeting him to confirm or disprove such a thing. But you can be sure that no person, no matter how good they are, likes the idea of moving to second place, even if it happens 2 or 3 years.
Is everyone forgetting Oda's statement from the end of last year? He seems to be fine with the competition, especially since he didn't need to give a statement to Oricon (or mention KnY at all) in the first place:
I don't think the jump is that desperate now that Agravity boys, Undead unluck and Mashle are doing well.
Okay, Agravity is not in a favorable position, but considering the current scenario I don't think there will be as many beginnings and cancellations as last year.
We're already at 8 including Ghost Writer and we're not even halfway through the issue numbers yet. We have one more confirmed (Burn the Witch), so we'll only need 3 more new series in the second half of the year to match up with the 12 we got last year.
I'd be very surprised if we don't see at least 3 more new series in the second half of the year after Burn the Witch. I feel like we'll might see the highest number of new series in a few years. Going by the typical gaps between batches, my guess is Burn the Witch on it's own around #30, 2-3 new series around #40 when it ends, and 2-3 new series around #50.
If you enter Mangaplus via mobile app, a questionnaire will pop up.
Question 7 is interesting:
Mangaplus is asking about Yuuna-san, Prince of Tennis, 2.5 Dimensional Girl, Kemono Jihen, Bokyaku Battery, Matou Seihei no Slave, etc.
Basically the remaining Jump titles they don't have in the english or spanish catalogue (Haikyuu or Chainsawman for example are there because it isn't in the spanish catalogue, I think), plus J+ or SQ titles (for some reason, Moriarty isn't there).
Interesting that Yuuna is even an option. Considering that Seven Seas has the licence in the US and Panini has them in I think all of Latin America; I wonder how this will play out.
I'm pretty sure they are considering every title they have chosen. Having translated titles already tells pretty much. I guess they're asking to choose 3 so they can gradually add all of them according to readers' demand and popularity.
Is everyone forgetting Oda's statement from the end of last year? He seems to be fine with the competition, especially since he didn't need to give a statement to Oricon (or mention KnY at all) in the first place:
And that serves as proof of what, exactly?
Can't I leave you a message here on the forum saying how smart and how great you are, and then in my privacy cursing you because you broke a record that was usually mine?
I'm not saying that is the case. But to affirm that one thinks a certain thing by a simple note that he left seems to me wrong.
What series are far superior to one piece and by what standards?
Judging quality of something is subjective, people have preferences and the people who made the standards by which we judge writing are subjective themselves.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Everything has flaws there is no perfect manga,and that's obvious but there are people who can tolerate certain flaws to varying degrees (many people don't like dragged on fights, but each person has a different opinion on when the fight becomes dragged on)
Such a flawed argument.
By your logic, no movie is a bad movie. No food is terrible. No music is horrible. No art is lacking. No game is poorly made.
Tastes are subjective. Creative or design choices are subjective. This is why some artists pay more attention to backgrounds while others focus on character art. Or some might prefer to have them both perfect. Those are creative choices and decisions. Art styles are subjective.
Very different from being able to tell if someone drew a face poorly. That's not subjective. That's objective.
Poorly paced series are that - Poorly paced. It's not subjective. It's objective.
They could be poorly paced for some other reasons that are based on creative decisions made. But doesn't take away the objective fact that something is poorly paced.
HxH and FMA are objectively better written series than Bleach. The entertainment value from all of these are subjective (I love Bleach more than the other 2 because I'm entertained more to my liking).
You're mixing two very different concepts here.
That is what you believe, another thing is what really is.
And that serves as proof of what, exactly? Can't I just leave you a message here on the forum saying how smart and how great you are, and then in my privacy I will curse you because you seem like a disgusting person?
That was pretty sad for me also, i chose the lowest price option in every question because our currency is... bad. Even a few months ago I would be willing to pay considerably more, but now...
Anyway, I voted for boukyaku battery because I really want to read it, maybe it means they are considering it!
Such a flawed argument.
By your logic, no movie is a bad movie. No food is terrible. No music is horrible. No art is lacking. No game is poorly made.
Tastes are subjective. Creative or design choices are subjective. This is why some artists pay more attention to backgrounds while others focus on character art. Or some might prefer to have them both perfect. Those are creative choices and decisions. Art styles are subjective.
Very different from being able to tell if someone drew a face poorly. That's not subjective. That's objective.
Poorly paced series are that - Poorly paced. It's not subjective. It's objective.
They could be poorly paced for some other reasons that are based on creative decisions made. But doesn't take away the objective fact that something is poorly paced.
HxH and FMA are objectively better written series than Bleach. The entertainment value from all of these are subjective (I love Bleach more than the other 2).
You're mixing two very different things here.
We're already at 8 including Ghost Writer and we're not even halfway through the issue numbers yet. We have one more confirmed (Burn the Witch), so we'll only need 3 more new series in the second half of the year to match up with the 12 we got last year.
I'd be very surprised if we don't see at least 3 more new series in the second half of the year after Burn the Witch. I feel like we'll might see the highest number of new series in a few years. Going by the typical gaps between batches, my guess is Burn the Witch on it's own around #30, 2-3 new series around #40 when it ends, and 2-3 new series around #50.
I was also thinking that way until the pandemic started and also with the possibility of having more hiatos in the jump.
With all of this going on in Japan, I think things have been kind of stuck.
So you are assuming that Oda is panicking?
I don't get it, not every body reacts bitterly to Losing.
You have no proof that Oda is panicking(why would he, he can't do anything to be panicking) I have no proof he is calm.
What I said to the user in question is that the fact that Oda is not affected is just a personal assumption. To which I added "that may not be true". Not with that I am affirming that he feels bitter for losing the first place, but neither can we affirm that he does not feel based on anything.
In the same way that you say that I have no proof, you do not have it to tell me otherwise. And my previous comment reflected only that, that we should not affirm things that neither you nor I nor anyone really knows.
I have no idea what those arguments could be considering Dragon Ball is a far more successful and valuable property than One Piece, the legacy of YuYu Hakusho, and Kinnikuman isn't given much respect compared to series with better volume sales.
Could you present some?
Who decides what series is poorly paced?
Different peopel have different definition of poorly paced, for one person a poorly laced story may be perfectly normal for others.
You're asking questions for which you know the answers.
You liking something is subjective because it falls under things you like, or it uses props/weapons/lines that you like. A character might have a scar on his left cheek which radiates with you because you have a scar on your left cheek. So you like that character more than someone else would. Subjective. Nothing objective about it.
Objectivity is about how well that something is put together in the context of that material/industry. For movies, if scenes sync well, are clear in what they attempt to portray, well positioned cameras to capture the right lighting required for the scene that was being portrayed.
If the camera angle only shows the person's nose when he is talking, it's objectively bad. Nothing subjective about that.
Similarly, please tell me which of the two drawings are better at representing the character accurately. You know one of them is objectively better. Please, tell me which one that is.
Is there a point to this? You're just going to keep at it because you can't differentiate between being subjective and objective. I could literally state any series I want and it wouldn't matter.
But just to play ball, FMA is a far better series than One Piece, objectively
You're asking questions for which you know the answers.
You liking something is subjective because it falls under things you like, or it uses props/weapons/lines that you like. A character might have a scar on his left cheek which radiates with you because you have a scar on your left cheek. So you like that character more than someone else would. Subjective. Nothing objective about it.
Objectivity is about how well that something is put together in the context of that material/industry. For movies, if scenes sync well, are clear in what they attempt to portray, well positioned cameras to capture the right lighting required for the scene that was being portrayed.
If the camera angle only shows the person's nose when he is talking, it's objectively bad. Nothing subjective about that.
Similarly, please tell me which of the two drawings are better. You know one of them is objectively better. Please, tell me which one that is.
Sasuke 1
Sasuke 2
Is there a point to this? You're just going to keep at it because you can't differentiate between being subjective and objective. I could literally state any series I want and it wouldn't matter.
But just to play ball, FMA is a far better series than One Piece, objectively
Can you explain why is it objectively better(world building, charecters, battle system)?
Honestly for me the 2 series specialise in different things one piece:world building FMA:charecters that I find it hard to compare, the quality is on the same league that I can't say which one is above the other objectively.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.