A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Because Cloud is an asshole to Barret 24/7? :XD
True, I can't deny that, but Barret started first. :hmph

As I said, SOLDIER are a military force.
So in a sense Cloud is a war veteran.
Ah, I meant it differently. I thought Biggs was kinda breaking the fourth wall and referring to other FF games where Cloud was featured (and which I didn't play). But if I get your comment right, FF7 is the only part with Cloud?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, I know full well that you like snarky characters :XD
I like it when they have no qualms to fight me back. :blush

As for the fews things I'm surprised about, what makes you dislike Sherlock?
It is similar to Penthesilea's case. Don't have him, never use him as a support, can't remember anything in regards to his character and the final nail in the coffin: his design is absolutely not my cup of tea. Totally bland. The last two tiers of mine can be interchangeable for some characters though. Drawing the line is not easy as you know. =)

You don't really have to make these huges posts if it's taking away too much of your playing time haha. But it's very interesting reading them, thanks for that :blush
I like to share my opinion and also like to see the response of others, whether they agree or not is of no importance. You know me well enough that I'm actually very interested in people who disagree with me, as long as everyone keeps it civil of course. Though, I doubt that will be the case overall in FF. :lmao It also serves as some kind of "break", so I'm fine with it. :amuse

I know you don't like it when people tell you things that aren't entirely accurate, so I'll say there's more to these visions than just seeing the past, without going into any details.
Haha, it depends, Nii. You are probably referring to Umineko, right? I think you can't compare FF with Umineko in that regard. In Umineko, I had a crime case to solve. It was one of the major focuses of the game. And yes, sometimes I indeed didn't like the way the reader was lead astray there. But let's not open a can of worms, because a series as great as Umineko doesn't deserve this, and we already had a good amount of discussion about it. While Cloud's visions are also a mystery, they are not the goal of the game. At least, it doesn't appear so at the beginning. Here, I would totally turn a blind eye to it. And thanks that you cleared that up, because the reason I asked in the first place is that Cloud saw a vision of an intact bridge falling down and that didn't look like it was something from the past (as opposed to his vision of his hometown being burnt down).

FF chapter 4 completedIt is my intention to clear all side quests, but how do I know that I didn't miss any side quests? I know I can open the side quest menu, but does the menu show every available side quest or does it only show the side quests I've "found"?

Do my choices affect the story, relationship or anything else for that matter?

As a non-FF player, I have to say that I always thought Tifa to be a hard shell with some tsundere tendencies which I have to crack. :lmao But she is such an adorable and cute woman. This is not something good or bad, I'm simply giving you guys the impression a non-FF player had before playing the actual game. xD

Okay, so I ended up in Tifa's room finally. I thought maybe - just maybe - other people who didn't play the game would like to see how her room looks like, so I took some pictures. :blush




Ended up saving that blabbermouth Johnny's ass. :fail Will most likely see more of him in the future I guess.

Anyway, Tifa and my humble self went to the 7th Heaven and dear god... the way Tifa prepares the drinks is so fucking hot that I'm not sure if I should play the game during my fast or not...



That's why I had to distract myself with Darts, which is a fun diversion. Of course I had to make a 6 dart finish, I'm awesome after all. :hip





(triple 19 > triple 20)

When Barret paid me more than we agreed on, I started to respect him a little bit, only to end up being exclouded from the party. :oh

Look at my sorry self:



Just what the fuck... not even Tifa wanted to spend time with me...



I don't need a game which breaks my heart. I get that in real life on a daily basis... :nomoar They are probably all just upset that I beat them in Darts. :hmph

At least Jessie was heartwarming enough to make up for it, and asked me to accompany her to the next quest. The motorcycle fight was hilarious. The fact that the game varies a little bit from time to time is a plus point for me. Granted, the motorcycle battle was no Mario Kart, and the little stealth stuff was not on Splinter Cell level, but you get what I mean. And the best part of the game: I could finally throw some balls!!!



:wtf

What happened next was quite sad for me. You might think I'm referring to Jessie's father, but no, I'm referring to the fact that everyone got to eat Pizza from Jessie's mom, while I was exclouded again and tasked to steal her father's ID. :rolleyes: Jokes aside, I really felt sorry for Jessie. I hope the whole quest doesn't backfire on her later in the game. I also didn't read the letter which I found in her father's room. So, no idea what I missed there. On another note: Jessie is hitting quite hard on Cloud, like literally hard. :lmao Especially the ending scene with her was quite beauitful. I mean... she is going to make Pizza for me. :blush

The fight against Lochhe was far too easy. One on ones are great, so I hope to get more of those in the future which are more challenging. So far, my only issues are the missiles which I'm not able to dodge for some reason. I tried out several approaches/timings, but simply fail to avoid them most of the time. Any tips?

I also saw the short flashback of Cloud and Tifa when they were cute little things with Cloud looking up to become a hero like Sephiroth. Oh boy, I think the reveals will be quite good.

When the dementor attacked me during my sleep, I could use the square button which said "menu". After some time, I did hold the square button, but I've no idea what the purpose of that button was. The menu didn't open up in the end. oO

Since Jessie is out for the next mission, that ass Barret had to beg me for some help. Fuhahahahha. xD

You bet your ass, Barret!

Questions:
  • I'm curious why Cloud is so fixated on money?
  • Is Cloud's father alive?
  • What exactly is the purpose of the luck boost?
  • Is Cloud going to have a harem where he has to decide for one girl? :lmao

Other pros:
  • The video sequences are badass.

Verdict: still Tifa with Jessie topping <3
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, I meant it differently. I thought Biggs was kinda breaking the fourth wall and referring to other FF games where Cloud was featured (and which I didn't play). But if I get your comment right, FF7 is the only part with Cloud?
FF is just the name of the brand. So FF7 isn't a sequel to FF6 and so on.


It is my intention to clear all side quests, but how do I know that I didn't miss any side quests? I know I can open the side quest menu, but does the menu show every available side quest or does it only show the side quests I've "found"?
I think it was the touch button and then R2 where you see all available quests in a chapter.
(Chap 3 has 6 in total) You did them all because you got that Tifa scene. Which answer regarding the dress did you give her btw?


Do my choices affect the story, relationship or anything else for that matter?
Mostly not. This game has a little "date" mechanic which decides which scene you get to see later on.
Apart from that you only decide which SQs you'll unlock in chapter 9.


That's why I had to distract myself with Darts, which is a fun diversion. Of course I had to make a 6 dart finish, I'm awesome after all. :hip
Welcome to the club. :datass


At least Jessie was heartwarming enough to make up for it, and asked me to accompany her to the next quest. The motorcycle fight was hilarious. The fact that the game varies a little bit from time to time is a plus point for me. Granted, the motorcycle battle was no Mario Kart, and the little stealth stuff was not on Splinter Cell level, but you get what I mean. And the best part of the game: I could finally throw some balls!!!
Just out of curiosity... What did Jessie say about your riding skills afterwards? *g*


Especially the ending scene with her was quite beauitful. I mean... she is going to make Pizza for me.
Yes. Pizza. (She literally wants to bang our dear Cloud and they aren't even sugarcoating it.)

The fight against Lochhe was far too easy. One on ones are great, so I hope to get more of those in the future which are more challenging. So far, my only issues are the missiles which I'm not able to dodge for some reason. I tried out several approaches/timings, but simply fail to avoid them most of the time. Any tips?
Iirc you can just block them or interrupt them with Thunder.

  • I'm curious why Cloud is so fixated on money?
  • Is Cloud's father alive?
  • What exactly is the purpose of the luck boost?
  • Is Cloud going to have a harem where he has to decide for one girl? :lmao
- Because he is a Tsundere. He is just doing this for Tifa after all.
- No.
- The luck stat not only increases your luck at stealing, it also increases your chances for critical hits.
- We all know that Tifa is the one and only. :datass
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, I meant it differently. I thought Biggs was kinda breaking the fourth wall and referring to other FF games where Cloud was featured (and which I didn't play). But if I get your comment right, FF7 is the only part with Cloud?
Yeah, they all tell their own story. None of the numbered games are connected at all. A few of them have sequel, like 13-2, but that's more of an exception.

I like it when they have no qualms to fight me back. :blush
I never knew :heh

It is similar to Penthesilea's case. Don't have him, never use him as a support, can't remember anything in regards to his character and the final nail in the coffin: his design is absolutely not my cup of tea. Totally bland. The last two tiers of mine can be interchangeable for some characters though. Drawing the line is not easy as you know. =)
That's because you don't read the story :emobirb I agree that his design is mostly average, though

Haha, it depends, Nii. You are probably referring to Umineko, right? I think you can't compare FF with Umineko in that regard. In Umineko, I had a crime case to solve. It was one of the major focuses of the game. And yes, sometimes I indeed didn't like the way the reader was lead astray there. But let's not open a can of worms, because a series as great as Umineko doesn't deserve this, and we already had a good amount of discussion about it. While Cloud's visions are also a mystery, they are not the goal of the game. At least, it doesn't appear so at the beginning. Here, I would totally turn a blind eye to it. And thanks that you cleared that up, because the reason I asked in the first place is that Cloud saw a vision of an intact bridge falling down and that didn't look like it was something from the past (as opposed to his vision of his hometown being burnt down).
Haha k, yeah that's what I had to think of. But good if you see it that way. It's true that this still is mostly an action game, so the mystery isn't the be all and end all. The vision are important, but I don't think I have to tell you that xD
And yes, that exact scene is what I had to think of when you asked the question lol. Won't say anything else of course, you'll learn more eventually :nod

It is my intention to clear all side quests, but how do I know that I didn't miss any side quests? I know I can open the side quest menu, but does the menu show every available side quest or does it only show the side quests I've "found"?
What Sky said, but in general they all appear on screen anyway. Only late-game do you actually need to search for some though, so I wouldn't even worry about it yet.

Anyway, Tifa and my humble self went to the 7th Heaven and dear god... the way Tifa prepares the drinks is so fucking hot that I'm not sure if I should play the game during my fast or not...

You mean bc you get too thirsty? :lambirb

That's why I had to distract myself with Darts, which is a fun diversion. Of course I had to make a 6 dart finish, I'm awesome after all. :hip
Heh, looking forward to when you'll play some of the other minigames :amuse

Look at my sorry self:



Just what the fuck... not even Tifa wanted to spend time with me...

lol I felt exactly the same during this scene. A true sad pepe moment, props to Cloud for keeping his tsun attitude up.

At least Jessie was heartwarming enough to make up for it, and asked me to accompany her to the next quest. The motorcycle fight was hilarious. The fact that the game varies a little bit from time to time is a plus point for me. Granted, the motorcycle battle was no Mario Kart, and the little stealth stuff was not on Splinter Cell level, but you get what I mean. And the best part of the game: I could finally throw some balls!!!
The original had a lot of these funny little minigames or change of gameplay too, everyone loves how they tried to implement them in the remake :nod It's one of the things I really enjoyed. You maaaaaaaaaaaaybe wanna check out the original if you love the remake (which only covers a bit of the original), but I shouldn't talk about it at this point :XD Don't even know if you're someone who would play old JRPGs

What happened next was quite sad for me. You might think I'm referring to Jessie's father, but no, I'm referring to the fact that everyone got to eat Pizza from Jessie's mom, while I was exclouded again and tasked to steal her father's ID. :rolleyes: Jokes aside, I really felt sorry for Jessie. I hope the whole quest doesn't backfire on her later in the game. I also didn't read the letter which I found in her father's room. So, no idea what I missed there. On another note: Jessie is hitting quite hard on Cloud, like literally hard. :lmao Especially the ending scene with her was quite beauitful. I mean... she is going to make Pizza for me. :blush
I'm surprised @Sky didn't point out your fabulous pun :toc
The letter was from Jessie to her parents, telling them how she finally managed to perform at the Gold Saucer (think Las Vegas) and wants to keep working towards her dream. The rest is how you heard it later, her father got Mako poisoning and she decided to abandon her dream :(

And yes, like I said Jessie is incredibly horyn for Cloud :lmao

The fight against Lochhe was far too easy. One on ones are great, so I hope to get more of those in the future which are more challenging. So far, my only issues are the missiles which I'm not able to dodge for some reason. I tried out several approaches/timings, but simply fail to avoid them most of the time. Any tips?
What Sky said. Besides that, there are some attacks that are almost impossible to dodge, where blocking is your best option. And blocking works really well once you get used to (and combine it with Punisher mode). They point this out as one of the tips during loading screens, I think.

I also saw the short flashback of Cloud and Tifa when they were cute little things with Cloud looking up to become a hero like Sephiroth. Oh boy, I think the reveals will be quite good.
Oh, definitely. Just keep in mind that this is only part of the original game, so a lot of things will only get answered in later parts.

Other pros:
  • The video sequences are badass.

Verdict: still Tifa with Jessie topping <3[/fieldset]
Some of the video sequences will be even more amazing later on, but I agree that they have a very cinematic and epic feel. This is something every FF exceled at during its time (besides the ones so old that they didn't have any lol, namely the first 6)

Tifa is best girl, enough said :nod
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Ahem! :cop


Nice pics :zomg Will put the Haikyuu stuff in spoiler tags, just in case.

undefined
Yes! And I love the bittersweet thing that in the end we will never see Hinata and Kageyama in school winning something like this together, I love how the mangaka reminds us that in the very end they're rivals, I'm really tearing up at every chapter, and I rarely care for sports animes <3
eah, I think she has a really good handle on how to hit emotional beats and portray characters in a sympathetic way, flaws and all. Fumetsu didn't quiet hit me as hard as Koe no Katachi did, but I still think it's a really good story for the most parts. Also props to her for going with something else entirely, compared to her previous work. One of these days I'll have to catch up to the manga too, but it gets harder the more you have to read haha. Maybe the anime will give me that final push, if it doesn't happen until then.

Very happy her work finally got an anime. The movie accomplished a lot for its runtime, but I think I prefer anime seasons all things considered.

I've only read Nijigahara Holograph from Asano, and enjoyed it, but that was 7 years ago now... wow :XD I think he's famous for those kind of stories, and I've heard many things about Punpun, but never actually checked it out. Think I'm just not THAT big on those kinda stories. Stuff like Omoide Emanon and Kokou no Hito remind me of her style though, you know them?
I guess that maybe because Koe is more into our reality ? Tbh even if Fumetsu is more my type of series, Koe no Katachi is more meant to hit on the heart I think :Haha especially because of Nishimiya, I swear she's one of the cutest girls in anime to me. I'm more of a fan of series adapatations than movies, even if they can still end up great, when a manga gets a movie only it can rush and even change the story.
Like even if I love the Akira movie (one of my most favorite animes in general) I still can't wait for the remake, that it's going to be a series, hope they're faithful to the manga this time! :nod

I can't call myself an Asano fan but some works of him besides Punpun are actually pretty great and better than Punpun like Bakemono Recchan or Subarashii Isekai. And I know Omoide Emanon! I love it a lot, really gave me a surprise while reading it, had to read it many times again, I consider it very good, even the art style is :nod Never heard about Kokou no Hito but gonna give it try!
Yeah, I actually think it gets a bit too convoluted at times haha, to the point where it can feel a bit overwhelming for some people, but there's not much I love more than a good mystery with strong drama haha. A colleague of mine thinks it wasn't a good idea to explain the culprits background to that detail, and sharing the solution for the multiple crimes in the game, but personally I thought that was great. Not everything has to be explained in my eyes, but the core mysteries sort of have to, and it helps wrapping your head around everything.

EP8 was the point that made me a big Lambda fan too! :nod That's where you really see her good side shine.

undefined
Really? I consider it a unique way to make mysteries :o.
It's not your common one, it's tbat behind all the different time-lines of the games there's a "greater" mystery that has more to do with the characters and their bonds than with a simple murder. Really, the more I talk about it the more I think Umineko is very underrated :sweatdrop glad that Higurashi gets a little more of popularity though!

That Bern/Lambda scene is great!
This is actually my second battle in the series, Beatrice vs Erika at the "wedding" is the one who gets the first place, but that Bern vs Lambda one was so great, even if a short one, I thought it really summarized how both characters and their relationship is. :XD
I loved Lambda for a long time but agreed! I feel that she got the moment to shine in almost all ep8 chapters, but especially when having the courage of going against Bern and Aurora, that made her the most unique of them to me, she does have her principles and doesn't only follow the boredom.
It's true they sort of overdid it with George's lovestory, he just wasn't enough of an interesting character in my eyes for the amount of focus he got :sweatdrop Gouda was just mostly ignored until the end lol

I know what you mean about Erika, she was a bit too much of a third wheel they just picked on, and she's got a rather obnoxious personality to be honest, but she did have her moments at least.

Here's a few more Umi pics, together with a great track from the VN :blush






















Pics reminded that sometimes it felt like Umineko was taking too long, but when strong moments happen, they hit so damn hard. There's nothing quite like it out there I think, maybe that's part of the reason why I love it so much.
Erika is pretty amazing, it's just that to me sometimes she became too tiresome and lacks development at times. :XD
Stunning fanarts by the way! :wtf saved them all :blush





Sometimes I really wonder how and where do you and Magi get so high quality fanarts, you two are amazing. :lmao
When is as soon as I can? :lambirb

That's good to hear. It's pretty much on Umineko anime level yeah, and it's mixing parts of the stories together later on, becoming it's entirely own thing, so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone tbh.
And all I'll say is you'll be surprised at Saber's evolution : D
It's right now :blushbirb (Thought you probably already have most of these? :sweatbunny )







Oda x Okita :love

I swear the Fate order to watch can be such a mess :sweat and I know the movies are important to watch too haha, I will let you know when I finish Fate/Zero so I can catch up better! ^^
Yup, I totally agree with you. It's become too little adventure and too much politics stuff. It's also missing some of the very strong character moments it used to have, in my eyes. Like, Dressrosa and Whole Cake Island weren't bad at all, they actually have some strong payoffs, but it's never quite hitting that peak it had in the past... that's how it is for me, at least.

And lol, I actually finished the manga after you reminded me about it and I'm surprised just how bad the last part was. That whole plot with Merlin and Cath Palug............. I dunno, I really enjoyed the series until early 10 Commandments (you know, when Galand wasn't fodder), but the longer it went on after that the worse it became =/
Glad we agree with it :nod most readers I know outside of MH prefer the current state of the series because it's more "mature" than before but again, I think OP was always on serious topics but the adventure thing just made it better.

I have to be honest with you, I was actually pretty sad with Nanatsu, like, the more I think about the ending and what it became, I feel more sad than pissed off. I really don't know what happened with Nakaba, it feels that even the style of writing and plot changed completely compared to the first 150 chapters or so, which is weird for a mangaka to happen I think? I was such a fangirl in the past Nii, I praised the series to the heavens :XD but now I look at it and it's so bad, Merlin and Escanor are such wasted characters in general, Arthur too in his own way.

Usually anime adaptations make it a little bit better but in this case... oh boy :Haha
Yeah, there wasn't much to George besides the "I wanna be together with Shannon and stop being a mama boy", if you put it bluntly :XDJessica and Kanon are still an adorable pairing with their own share of problems, and if you look at the cold hard "truth" it's sort of

a very twisted relationship
But as the story hammers home, "without love it cannot be seen"
All this Umi ships topic we are having make me want to reread Kanon/Jessica moments. :emocat Also cute married Battler-Beato :blush
I think that's one of the main problems with Umineko, it just would take too many episodes to get adapted properly. The difference with Conan is that it's much more straight-forward, and can easily just add one criminal case after the next, and that it's an ongoing franchise with a running manga and regular (+very popular) movies. Umi is done as a story, and besides getting a scarce re-release here and there, there just isn't much point to an anime from a money-making point of view...

Plus I think Higurashi is the author's much more popular work in Japan, while the western fanbase seems to tend towards Umi. Still surprised Higurashi is actually getting a new anime, and maaaaybe it means we will get a new Umi anime somewhere down the road too. Fingers crossed!
Mmhm! I feel that even if I didn't watch the anime (and I don't plan to) and I know it's very bad, I kinda can't blame that Umineko must be very difficult to adapt well, especially since both in the game and the manga you have to read very carefully all these long explications and the amount of plot twists and characters :XD you have to be very delicate with an anime series like that.

I'm kinda surprised Higurashi is getting a remake, of ocurse I'm very happy and excited but still kinda wonder where did the idea come from, hopefully they make it better and woth it! Also I would love anything Umi anime related xD as long as the animation is at least good.
So what's the remaining 10%? :p
My non-yuri canon ships are the 10%

lol I always feel for you when you say you can't play a game, isn't there some way you can get a console or PC? :emocat
And I think I only know like, 2 or 3 Vocaloid songs xD Any good ones you'd like to share?
I... have the Sims and some Sonic ones, old stuff but it's still fun :emobirb
Sure! Vocaloid can make some disturbing songs tbh, too much gore or horror or just bizarre humor :Haha but here some that I really like:

Also I got curious with these tier list maker! Sometimes I make some (mostly of waifus or husbandos haha), so will try to make one of Fate when I know at least most of the characters.
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Which answer regarding the dress did you give her btw?
The exotic one. =)
Just out of curiosity... What did Jessie say about your riding skills afterwards? *g*
She did a lot of - if interpreted correctly - naughty comments during the ride. :lmao But afterwards? I can't really remember anything of importance other than her mocking my skills. : /
Iirc you can just block them or interrupt them with Thunder.
What Sky said. Besides that, there are some attacks that are almost impossible to dodge, where blocking is your best option. And blocking works really well once you get used to (and combine it with Punisher mode). They point this out as one of the tips during loading screens, I think.
Hmh, that is too bad, because blocking harms me anyway. Even if the damage is little, I am usually that kind of player who hates getting unnecessary damage, especially from projectiles. So, my numerous attempts to dodge the missiles were all in vain. :lmao That's a little minus though. =(
You mean bc you get too thirsty? :lambirb
That's an inside joke between Magi and myself. >.>"
You maaaaaaaaaaaaybe wanna check out the original if you love the remake (which only covers a bit of the original), but I shouldn't talk about it at this point :XD
Yes, you shouldn't talk about it, haha. I think I am done with games for the time being after FF. My next game(s) will most likely be on the next gen consoles. I'm aware that the remake only covers parts of the original. Most negative criticisms about the remake points to that fact. But since I have never played the original one, I couldn't care less. :lmao
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The exotic one. =)

She did a lot of - if interpreted correctly - naughty comments during the ride. :lmao But afterwards? I can't really remember anything of importance other than her mocking my skills. : /

Hmh, that is too bad, because blocking harms me anyway. Even if the damage is little, I am usually that kind of player who hates getting unnecessary damage, especially from projectiles. So, my numerous attempts to dodge the missiles were all in vain. :lmao That's a little minus though. =(
Daaaw you didn't go for the original experience.

Yes she wanted Cloud to be the bike. ;D
Nah if you do well, she compliments you and more. :3

Later on it is a matter of speed. Though it hardly matters on normal difficulty.
You usually interrupt enemies by being faster in attacking with skills.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
FF chapter 5This was a very straight forward part, so there is not much to point out for me.

There was this unscheduled ID scan during the train ride which triggered my 'there is a traitor among us' senses. But maybe, I'm just too paranoid.

Also, there is sometimes a countdown running, and I'm not sure if I should hurry up or look for possible chests around the map. I don't want to miss an important loot.

Nice little detail (it's hard to describe though): I liked the camera transition when it moved from the actual game towards the point of view of the installed ingame camera which observed Cloud and co., and then moved further away to show us Heidegger in the control room. Way cooler than a simple cut to the next scene. It is nothing groundbreaking, but still leaves you impressed.

Barret's cute victory hum reminds me of Pokemon. xD

Wutai got mentioned twice now.

Kremator fight was fun. I guess FF is not a game to fight your enemies head-on. :lmao I still stick to Cloud though. I use the abilities of the others continuously, but hardly control them myself.


Some screenshots:


Dude... I wouldn't be there if Tifa hadn't ask me to babysit you. :fail




<3



I have the slight suspicion that the game tries to mock me with all these basketball related stuff. :rolleyes:

This is how it looks when syx is playing a game. Look into each and every corner :lmao



I also want to highlight the amazing graphics. Just look at the details of this ladder. Simply beautiful! :zomg



 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
FF chapter 5There was this unscheduled ID scan during the train ride which triggered my 'there is a traitor among us' senses. But maybe, I'm just too paranoid.

Also, there is sometimes a countdown running, and I'm not sure if I should hurry up or look for possible chests around the map. I don't want to miss an important loot.

Nice little detail (it's hard to describe though): I liked the camera transition when it moved from the actual game towards the point of view of the installed ingame camera which observed Cloud and co., and then moved further away to show us Heidegger in the control room. Way cooler than a simple cut to the next scene. It is nothing groundbreaking, but still leaves you impressed.

Barret's cute victory hum reminds me of Pokemon. xD

Wutai got mentioned twice now.

Kremator fight was fun. I guess FF is not a game to fight your enemies head-on. :lmao I still stick to Cloud though. I use the abilities of the others continuously, but hardly control them myself.

This is how it looks when syx is playing a game. Look into each and every corner :lmao

I also want to highlight the amazing graphics. Just look at the details of this ladder. Simply beautiful! :zomg
You saw it in chapter 1. Shinra mostly knows what our group is doing.

When that happens there usually is no chest left.
It is easier to miss special Materia btw.

Yeah the visuals are (minus the textures) amazing. I guess after pouring all of the budget into Tifa, they had nothing left.

Sadly it is just a reference to the basic FF victory fanfares. :XD

Yeah Wutai is a magical place.

Lol. Good that you will never play on hard mode.

Same here. I just HAVE to look around. :XD

Yes. The ladder. 😏
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Lol. Good that you will never play on hard mode.
Ah come on Sky, let's not make the hard mode sound harder than it actually is. I think it is quite manageable with proper commitment and patience.



FF chapter 6Not much to say here as it is similar to chapter 5. I think something big will happen in chapter 7 since we are close to the reactor.

I took some screenshots though:

Look at this amazing scenery. :wtf



And again, I can't stop to praise the detail and love they put on those ladders. :zomg



I was confronted with this issue during my adventure. There is an item I can't grasp.



You see that item? No? Yeah... that angle was not optimal. I did another screenshot.


Really fun game so far. This is what I needed. :nod
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hard mode is actually quite the challenge.
And without switching party members you are fucked. :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Hard mode is actually quite the challenge.
And without switching party members you are fucked. :XD
I like to play with Cloud, hence there is no reason for me to switch characters as long as I'm able to proceed forward. It's not like I would be stubborn enough to refuse to switch if the game calls for it. :rolleyes: I haven't heard anything about the hard mode being especially... hard. But I'm gonna check on it later. :teach
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I like to play with Cloud, hence there is no reason for me to switch characters as long as I'm able to proceed forward. It's not like I would be stubborn enough to refuse to switch if the game calls for it. :rolleyes: I haven't heard anything about the hard mode being especially... hard. But I'm gonna check on it later. :teach
I believe in your gaming skills, Kouhai-kun. :blush
No items, MP won't get healed. Enemies hit way harder and have different tactics.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
FF chapter 7 - close to the end of chapter 8?Some quick notes:
I totally missed that you can unlock other weapon's abilities, so I decided to switch the weapons to get them all to 100%.

When we reached the reactor in chapter 7, Tifa said that smell brings back memories to her. Not sure if that is something good or bad, I guess the latter, especially after Cloud's vision where Tifa mourns for someone, blaming Shinra and Sephiroth. By the way, what is that cowboy outfit? :lmao

Shinra goes full propaganda mode, which is fine. I can take it.

Apparently, you can fuse/combine Materia. But I don't really know how. Can I fuse materia at some kind of a blacksmith later on?

As one could expect, Mako is doing no good for Cloud. Seems like - on paper - his days are numbered? Moreover, he blames himself for something he did (or couldn't prevent, I'm looking at you Seph) in the past. There are also some visions about Materia and someone kinda praying, but I guess there is no way for me to figure out what those vision mean.

Sephiroth is a creep.

The fight against the boss - forgot the name - in chapter 7 was really good. Though, I may have weakened it quite a lot even before the fight, since I took away a lot of stuff from it with the cards. It still had a couple of points left on his weaponry, so even though I tried to look into each and every corner, I missed some of those cards to completely disarm it.

I got introduced to Aerith finally. Really cute and heartwarming girl, but I would place Tifa and Jessie above her for now. Jessie's naughtiness is unparalleled, and Tifa has this balanced mix of everything you desire and peaks in a lot of categories. <3 While Jessie is the 'let's fuck here and now' type of girl, Aerith is clearly the 'let's marry right here, right now' type of woman. Introducing Cloud to her mother after not being together for a single whole day speaks volumes.:lmao Have some awkwardness:



At first glance, I like Aerith as playable character a lot. She has high magic stats which will surely come in handy. :nod

The fight against - that scrub - Reno was way better than Locche's. Please more one on ones! :zomg I want that Shunshin no Jutsu of Reno's! Curious to see why he needs Aerith alive. The dementors helping us (or only Aerith) out might be connected to it? I can't explain it.

Got introduced to the muscles of Shinra, the Turks (lol). Agent 47 is closing in. xD Scarlet got introduced as well, who appears to be your run of the mill villain. I will make that bitch suffer.

What else is there? Here is a failed screenshot attempt, because the PS4 is super slow. :fail



I spent over 15 minutes to get my hands on this Materia, and gave up in the end. :sweatdrop Hope it is nothing very important...



Look at this golden boy



syx's attempt to find Materia xD



What is this place here? I expected some unexpected enemies, but there was none and no items to find as well, smh.



I assume I will get access to that Materia later on, right?



Nice view:

 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
FF chapter 7 - close to the end of chapter 8?Some quick notes:
I totally missed that you can unlock other weapon's abilities, so I decided to switch the weapons to get them all to 100%.

When we reached the reactor in chapter 7, Tifa said that smell brings back memories to her. Not sure if that is something good or bad, I guess the latter, especially after Cloud's vision where Tifa mourns for someone, blaming Shinra and Sephiroth. By the way, what is that cowboy outfit? :lmao

Apparently, you can fuse/combine Materia. But I don't really know how. Can I fuse materia at some kind of a blacksmith later on?

As one could expect, Mako is doing no good for Cloud. Seems like - on paper - his days are numbered? Moreover, he blames himself for something he did (or couldn't prevent, I'm looking at you Seph) in the past. There are also some visions about Materia and someone kinda praying, but I guess there is no way for me to figure out what those vision mean.

Sephiroth is a creep.

The fight against the boss - forgot the name - in chapter 7 was really good. Though, I may have weakened it quite a lot even before the fight, since I took away a lot of stuff from it with the cards. It still had a couple of points left on his weaponry, so even though I tried to look into each and every corner, I missed some of those cards to completely disarm it.

I got introduced to Aerith finally. Really cute and heartwarming girl, but I would place Tifa and Jessie above her for now. Jessie's naughtiness is unparalleled, and Tifa has this balanced mix of everything you desire and peaks in a lot of categories. <3 While Jessie is the 'let's fuck here and now' type of girl, Aerith is clearly the 'let's marry right here, right now' type of woman. Introducing Cloud to her mother after not being together for a single whole day speaks volumes.:lmao Have some awkwardness:

At first glance, I like Aerith as playable character a lot. She has high magic stats which will surely come in handy. :nod

The fight against - that scrub - Reno was way better than Locche's. Please more one on ones! :zomg I want that Shunshin no Jutsu of Reno's! Curious to see why he needs Aerith alive. The dementors helping us (or only Aerith) out might be connected to it? I can't explain it.

Got introduced to the muscles of Shinra, the Turks (lol). Agent 47 is closing in. xD Scarlet got introduced as well, who appears to be your run of the mill villain. I will make that bitch suffer.

I spent over 15 minutes to get my hands on this Materia, and gave up in the end. :sweatdrop Hope it is nothing very important...

What is this place here? I expected some unexpected enemies, but there was none and no items to find as well, smh.

I assume I will get access to that Materia later on, right?

Nice view:
You don't have to switch them to upgrade them. You also can't update them to 100% on normal mode. :blush
But yes you have to equip them to gain the special abilities.

If you saw my campaign, you saw that cowboy style in anime form. :D
She was an early bloomer. :D

No, you can't fuse Materia. If your equipment shows you materia slots which are connected, you can combine materia.
You can get additional effects by putting a green and a blue materia into such slots.

Don't think too much about them for now.

Sephiroth is fabulous.

You can't dispose all of the Airbusters arsenal. The cards are limited. Did you unlock the "treasure room"?

Aerith is a really pure girl which is hilarious, considering she was raised in the slums. Though in the remake she is quite sassy.

Aerith is fun to play as. Her magical prowess and weapon abilities are incredibly useful.

Reno is also a Turk.

To get that materia you would have had to return to the church during the SQ segment of chapter 8.

That place is a boss area for a SQ.

Much later. In chapter 14.

Yeah. Aerith has a really nice home. Especially for the slums.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You don't have to switch them to upgrade them. You also can't update them to 100% on normal mode. :blush
But yes you have to equip them to gain the special abilities.
Ah no, I only meant the special abilities. The fact that you can't fully upgrade your weapons is pretty much given in most games. :nod


Now you can't fuse Materia. If you equipment shows you materia slots which are connected, you can combine materia.
You can get additional effects by putting a green and a blue materia into such slots.
See, I learnt something new. So that is what these connected slots are for. xD

You can't dispose all of the Airbusters arsenal. The cards are limited. Did you unlock the "treasure room"?
That is good to know. Yes, I did unlock the treasure room. Tifa and Barret rushed there with lightning speed. :lmao

To get that materia you would have had to return to the church during the SQ segment of chapter 8.
That is - also - good to know. Since it was in the middle of a fight/quest, I thought it's a one-chance only. Didn't know I can get back there during a SQ. I seriously started to doubt myself there... :lmao

That place is a boss area for a SQ.

Much later. In chapter 14.
Good, I didn't miss something here. :hip
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just a short note that you can actually get that Materia in a later chapter when you can roam around freely. I only thought of it then too lol, so no worries.

Will reply to the other stuff later :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah no, I only meant the special abilities. The fact that you can't fully upgrade your weapons is pretty much given in most games. :nod

See, I learnt something new. So that is what these connected slots are for. xD

That is good to know. Yes, I did unlock the treasure room. Tifa and Barret rushed there with lightning speed. :lmao

That is - also - good to know. Since it was in the middle of a fight/quest, I thought it's a one-chance only. Didn't know I can get back there during a SQ. I seriously started to doubt myself there... :lmao

Good, I didn't miss something here. :hip
Well you can fully upgrade them. Just not on normal or easy. :D

Yeah lol. At some point you can just absorb elemental damage if you wish to.

If you fail often enough, you get tons of funny dialogue. :XD

I didn't mean a special SQ per se. Just that you can return there after being able to do SQs during chapter 8. :nod

Of course not, Kouhai-kun. :datass
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just a short note that you can actually get that Materia in a later chapter when you can roam around freely. I only thought of it then too lol, so no worries.
Chapter 8 as well. 😏
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,902
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands

I'm here, I've come to bother you in your own thread~


So I've finished fate/zero :nod Struggled to finish it honestly, especially around the start of the second season - but when they showed more of the backstories of the characters (Emiya's in particular), it definitely helped getting me hooked

Want to watch more of it, I do see the appeal of the series now so I thought I should ask Nii which one is next on the list!
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,663
Reaction score
31,938
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Nii! sorry for super late reply. my internet extremeeeely sucks I have to wait for 314 years to load a page with many amazing pics :nomoar

fanarts soon! hopefully I am patient enough to wait
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top