Chapter - Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Eisenfaust

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
It was a not bad not great, simple okay ending. Overall KnY was a good manga, a masterpiece? No but a good manga with a simple ending who wasn't bad. Overall it was fun to read the manga but it gonna be something like be Bleach,Naruto or even Hunter x Hunter who are even popular and a legend even after their mangas end? I don't think so.

Aiga

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
It was a not bad not great, simple okay ending. Overall KnY was a good manga, a masterpiece? No but a good manga with a simple ending who wasn't bad. Overall it was fun to read the manga but it gonna be something like be Bleach,Naruto or even Hunter x Hunter who are even popular and a legend even after their mangas end? I don't think so.
Why the need to make an assumption about being remembered or not? at least in Japan, Kimetsu is going to end up bigger than the 3 series you mentioned so it will be hard to not be remembered.

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Taking in mind the popularity of the franchise plus the fact that the anime may continue for two or three years, I don't think KnY is going to be forgotten anytime soon.

BlueLagoon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
And history will remember her forever as that little crocodile with glasses that came out of her swamp every day while drawing a work called "Demon Slayer" and savoring the dew of the cool morning.

No, I'm not crying, it's a little allergy. :crying

Amarax

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
So the next light novel is going to be Sanemi centric. I wonder if all of the pillars will get a Gaiden/novel about them?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There's an interesting topic regarding reincarnation with the "badies". Of course you wouldnt see Kokushibou or Douma being there like nothing lol. Imagine Kokushibou reincarnating in one of not!Muichiro future kids.

They go straight to hell and stay there. Killing humans is something that can't be forgiven.

Here's some pottery. What Muzan couldn't achieve with Tanjirou, Tamayo could achive eternity with Yushiro. That's her reward, Yushiro's memories will keep her alive. So Tamayo is the only demon that has reedemed by helping the good guys. In contrary with the rest of demons.
But that really doesn't sound like a reward for yushiro. He remains alone, any friend he makes will die within the blink of an eye and the most he can plausibly hope for is to find tamayo's reincarnation every several hundred years. And he won't even be sure if its her or just a lookalike.

Also, tamayo did kill humans, her family specifically. So if she got any sort of redemption then it should be possible for demons to be forgiven... And honestly, quite a few demon looked like they were in fact forgiven considering their deaths. In this sense I would argue what matters more is what demons did as humans. As most lose their memories and are driven by instinct. even tanjiro, who is so good he once literally infected some fool with his goodness,was reduced to a near mindlesss beast during his short lived demonification. Muzan is going to hell because he was as a demon the same monster he was as a man. kokushibo was also more or less the same as a man than as a demon, except for the man eating thing. Douma is in the same boat, he was essentially the same as a man and demon. Akaza in turn for instance found a shred of redemption because he wasn't a monster in life.

Yere93

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Wow this final chapter reeeeeally sucks
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is really hard to connect to characters that we met literally in one panel

aaannnnannan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Wow this final chapter reeeeeally sucks

Is really hard to connect to characters that we met literally in one panel
Nah it doesn’t suck and it’s not that difficult, you just have to recognize them

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm...Hmmmm...

It's a cute enough epilogue. I preferred the last chapter more, personally.

I love that Muzan got dunked on one last time. The Blue Spider Lily he spent his entire life looking for only blooms in the daytime, lol. It was forever out of his reach.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, read the official translation.... and..... there really isn't much to comment on. We see an all new cast that looks like the characters we know. I suppose its adequate for KNY but otherwise its plain uninteresting. Also, really? Zenitsu and nezuko presumably bred in the past but now got reincarnated as siblings? gross. I'd be well more satisfied if we actually got a look at the actual characters we knew getting a happy ending. Then again that's kinda rough if we considered that half of them ended up crippled in early 1900s japan which is just a shitty place to be at.

Something I've been thinking is that the series in general did a great disservice to inosuke. He grew up alone in the woods and taught breath techniques to himself without any guidance whatsoever. It's not yorichi level of talent (who was born with breaths, mark and see through world) but its still pretty damn talented, more than most of the cast evidences...

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Relatively new on these threads lol,I mostly commented the chapters on kimetsu threads on /a/ rather than here.

Well, the attachment I have with this manga is very strong, because I read it when I was in the most difficult situation in my life two years ago. It gave me laughs and excitement in those difficult moments. So, Im very thankful that I found it.

I like to read things and enjoy them, if not then I move on. I always keep in my mind that every series have flaws and they are not meant to be perfect. So, KnY of course, it's one of them.

I'll be looking forward for Wani's next work and the new upcoming content, also the inevitable upcoming seasons. And the inevitable leaks of the movie on YouTube and twitter.

Ok, read the official translation.... and..... there really isn't much to comment on. We see an all new cast that looks like the characters we know. I suppose its adequate for KNY but otherwise its plain uninteresting. Also, really? Zenitsu and nezuko presumably bred in the past but now got reincarnated as siblings? gross. I'd be well more satisfied if we actually got a look at the actual characters we knew getting a happy ending. Then again that's kinda rough if we considered that half of them ended up crippled in early 1900s japan which is just a shitty place to be at.

Something I've been thinking is that the series in general did a great disservice to inosuke. He grew up alone in the woods and taught breath techniques to himself without any guidance whatsoever. It's not yorichi level of talent (who was born with breaths, mark and see through world) but its still pretty damn talented, more than most of the cast evidences...
Not!Nezuko and not!Zenitsu are Nezuko and Zenitsu's great grandchildren, not reincarnations. Did you miss out first part literally?

SiMidori

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
For that last chapter it was okay, I understand the critics, that reincarnation feel a bit like fan service stuff in the way we see characters we like,
I'm impatient and excited to see Gotoge sensei next work !

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not!Nezuko and not!Zenitsu are Nezuko and Zenitsu's great grandchildren, not reincarnations. Did you miss out first part literally?
But... the whole point here is that characters got seemingly reincarnated as their own descendants (except the ones who didn't have descendants). Otherwise this is somehow even more pointless.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
But... the whole point here is that characters got seemingly reincarnated as their own descendants (except the ones who didn't have descendants). Otherwise this is somehow even more pointless.
All mcs had their great grandkids. While the ppl who got killed and died reincarnated in different time and circumstances. It's not like they reincarnated at the same time. (Except for Makomo and Sabito, but still it's reasonable since they were together since the beginning).

For example, Giyuu, Sanemi, the smiths, the butter girls, and not!Rengoku could still be descendants since they could perfectly had kids.
The not!Rengoku still can be Senjuro's grandchild.

Still, this can be clarified in the final volume extras.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think that about expresses what I thought of this chapter. Last week I was pretty satisfied. Somehow I'm now less satisfied than I was last week. It actually lost yardage on this for me.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I do think there probably could've been a more interesting differentiation for those that were reincarnated. Maybe swap some genders, roles, or relationships.

Go wild with it.

I also think the decendents should have all been linked more closely as a family.

Like I think New Zenitsu should've referenced New Inosuke as cousin or something. They were all living with each other at the end of the previous chapter, so why not?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Like I think New Zenitsu should've referenced New Inosuke as cousin or something. They were all living with each other at the end of the previous chapter, so why not?
In one hundred years things change, probably only the Kamado and Agatsuma families have remained in contact being related.

Kellanved

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I do think there probably could've been a more interesting differentiation for those that were reincarnated. Maybe swap some genders, roles, or relationships.

Go wild with it.

I also think the decendents should have all been linked more closely as a family.

In one hundred years things change, probably only the Kamado and Agatsuma families have remained in contact being related.
I like to believe that at some point in the future gravity in the end will pull them all together, if you know what I think :teehee