I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

• Slap mosquitoes

• Touch da nose

• I'd like a pause

Results are only viewable after voting.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
hi revo-pin :chu I am great, wbu? :blush
Oh glad to hear, since we barely talked these last months. :blush
I have been good, stressed by school though. :sweatbunny

If we ask you questions here are you obligated to answer them all?
Depends what questions :XD

SnuggleCupcake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Depends what questions
See that means that the answer is no! I can't think up any spicy or interesting questions, my brain just goes "ask her what her favorite color is"

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
See that means that the answer is no! I can't think up any spicy or interesting questions, my brain just goes "ask her what her favorite color is"
No no, I will just analyze the questions. :cop
And my favorite color is pink, yours?

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I never did :sweatbunny though I always wanted to check the remake, but since Hoshino got upset because of the anime staff, and made her lost motivation for a while to keep going with the manga, I'm still not that sure.
The anime is so old, you would think it's a series that actually ended :Haha but I heard it's faithful to the original plot and doesn't change things even if the manga was still going (cough fma 2003 cough).
Yeah I watched the new anime (just a continuation though, not a remake) and thought it was pretty meh. I remember reading that Hoshino was upset with how it turned out, but I don't remember what she disliked exactly. A real shame it came to that, I fear at this point D.Gray-man will just slowly fizzle out =/ Personally I don't think the new anime is really worth it, the older one's much better overall (and ofc has way more episodes :XD)

And I never watched the old FMA anime, but I'm glad they decided to make Brotherhood, that's what got me into FMA.

I think you told me yes :o but almost all fandom lost interest, which is sad because we're on arc when questions are finally starting to have answers, but Hoshino is taking TOO long and it's full of flashbacks and little action, plus we're still far from it to end...
I need to reread a little bit more to explain you without making it messy, so give me a few days please, gomen Ni... :emocat
And you're not annoying at all, I will ask you Fate question to understand all the time after all :hug

Really... where do you get those?! :wtf
I'm always saving all I can on pixiv but you have a great taste in picking up art.
lol no worries revo, take your time. I mean we have to wait around 3-6 months for a new D.Gray-man chapter, so a few days pale in comparison haha... I'm not surprised that even a (big?) fan has to work on getting everything straight xD

Glad to hear that :hug Fate questions are always welcome :3

Edit: Thanks for praising my taste in art :blush Most of them are from Pixiv or Twitter, you can find quite a bit if your browse for a while :XD Searching for and then finding great art of a series you like can be pretty fun : D

Kimetsu overall is a great shonen to me, despite the imperfections like any manga can have, I apreciate that the mangaka stayed true to her own plot and characters, and didn't ruin any progression made before (I'm so used at many mangas doing that something as basic as good writing gives a lot of points to me :XD).
So you followed to manga to the end? What do you think of it?
I still fail to see the point of Tanjiro becoming a demon only to make more tension in the few last chapters, I thought it would give consequences but maybe it was for Muzan to have a better and last true ending. Most of the fandom dislikes the final arc but I think it's great, is just that the fight with the final boss aka Muzan lacks in comparision to other three demons that gave better spotlight to the characters. Another disappointed is Nezuko to me, I love her and all but she lacks good development, I feel that she needed screentime in the final arc but didn't get it. But overall Kimetsu is a solid 8/10 to me.
Yeah, I agree with you :nod Personally I think Kimetsu didn't have that many HIGHS (got into its own groove with the Spider Family Arc I'd say), but it never really got boring or anything. For that alone it deserves praise. Personally I felt the story was a bit too rushed, the polar opposite of what plagues many other shonen adventure manga :XD Besides that though, I think it did a good job with the battles and its characters.

I actually read the manga from near the beginning, after I saw it getting recommended by Togashi (the author of Hunter x Hunter) I think. I admit it was sorta fun to see how all the haters back then were proven wrong, it basically became the most popular manga in Japan nowadays :amuse

Yup, I think it was to give Muzan a bit more focus, but in the end I think he was among the worst of the villains. The Upper Moons all got a much more interesting and moving backstory, so Muzan felt a bit more like a force of nature than a true (complex) character. Nezuko was definitely used too little too, but overall I like what Kimetsu did with most characters, and that it was willing to kill many of them. No one really felt safe, which is a good thing.
Anyway, a 8/10 from me too. Never loved it THAT much, but never felt "meh" about it either.

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah I watched the new anime (just a continuation though, not a remake) and thought it was pretty meh. I remember reading that Hoshino was upset with how it turned out, but I don't remember what she disliked exactly. A real shame it came to that, I fear at this point D.Gray-man will just slowly fizzle out =/ Personally I don't think the new anime is really worth it, the older one's much better overall (and ofc has way more episodes :XD)
Yeah heard mixed opinions about the remake but mostly were disappointed... a shame because the animation looked pretty good, but tbh they could've just focused on adapting the rest of the arcs of the manga the anime never adapted. :XD
Hoshino got upset because of a very fanservice anime art of Allen/Kanda, that gave yaoi vibes. That's something typical of anime staffers to do sometimes but they did it without asking for her permission or her opinion, she randomly saw it on a magazine and even some non-manga fans got the wrong idea lmao
Considering also that Kanda has already a male romantic interest, Alma, but the anime ignored all that and just gave focus on a fan-made couple.
So basically I can't blame her to be upset, she already had problems to keep going and the remake motivated her, but they ruined it in the end.
And I never watched the old FMA anime, but I'm glad they decided to make Brotherhood, that's what got me into FMA.
I think that you never were a big FMA fan right? (the contrary to me, it's my most favorite anime series ever :Haha).
Well Brotherhood is the exact adaptation of the manga, which the first anime followed only in the first ten or fifteen chapters; later of that they changed every relationships, created their own characters and never showed the ones of the manga, etc.
lol no worries revo, take your time. I mean we have to wait around 3-6 months for a new D.Gray-man chapter, so a few days pale in comparison haha... I'm not surprised that even a (big?) fan has to work on getting everything straight xD

Glad to hear that :hug Fate questions are always welcome :3

Edit: Thanks for praising my taste in art :blush Most of them are from Pixiv or Twitter, you can find quite a bit if your browse for a while :XD Searching for and then finding great art of a series you like can be pretty fun : D
:hug
Basically hahaha, lately everytime there's a new chapter when I go to the comments to check discussions it's only full of "I need to go back 20 chapters ago because I don't understand anything". All fandom is kinda in the same problem.

Yeah I check Pixiv more than anything, Tumblr too sometimes :nod though in Pixiv the sea of fanarts is so vaste, you have to look a lot.
Yeah, I agree with you :nod Personally I think Kimetsu didn't have that many HIGHS (got into its own groove with the Spider Family Arc I'd say), but it never really got boring or anything. For that alone it deserves praise. Personally I felt the story was a bit too rushed, the polar opposite of what plagues many other shonen adventure manga :XD Besides that though, I think it did a good job with the battles and its characters.

I actually read the manga from near the beginning, after I saw it getting recommended by Togashi (the author of Hunter x Hunter) I think. I admit it was sorta fun to see how all the haters back then were proven wrong, it basically became the most popular manga in Japan nowadays :amuse

undefined
Mmhm, at least the manga always got the hype and it ended where it had to end, no extra arcs or whatever. I feel that people wanted simple shonen battles series again and Kimetsu gave that answer, full of clichés but well handled in a way.

I actually found out very later that Togashi gave the recommendation, which made me understand why it had so many readers as well :XD I had no idea about the series until eefrit nominated it for MangaWars, I think it was around Entertainment District arc (one of my favorites).
Oh so Kimetsu had haters at first? That's a surprise, there are many people who dislike it or don't care about it but it's weird to see antis.
I liked Muzan's final thoughts and explications as to why he's the way he is, and also the final punishment that it's basically being forgotted forever. But yeah usually villians that "do bad things because I'm bad" usually lack next to other antagonists that have an actual background and past on how they changed.
The killing of characters made people feel so contradicted hahaah but I loved it, it's how a story of a battle to death should be, has consequences and makes the reader actually wonder what will happen in a next week chapter.
As you wish.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

:wtf @Brandish
Scarlet! Have you ever had any exotic pets?
Well maybe my cat is a little exotic :nod

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Oh glad to hear, since we barely talked these last months. :blush
I have been good, stressed by school though. :sweatbunny
undefined
lets talk like there's no tomorrow then :hug

ah :pout whats with the school life?

thanks for the Hotaru fanarts :zomg

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
What a cute baby! What is this little babies name?
Her name is "Miranda"! :nod
lets talk like there's no tomorrow then :hug

ah :pout whats with the school life?

thanks for the Hotaru fanarts :zomg
I will start to spam-talking you then :hug
I have been re-reading Takagi here and there, just random chaps. What a masterpiece.
These last two or three chapters... she has been so aggresive lately, she isn't even teasing anymore, just jumping to action and even having her own little blushes for herself, Nishikata himself is starting to notice more and more.
Hopefully it starts to get in a new type of level between both of them.<3

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
These last two or three chapters... she has been so aggresive lately, she isn't even teasing anymore, just jumping to action and even having her own little blushes for herself, Nishikata himself is starting to notice more and more.
Hopefully it starts to get in a new type of level between both of them.<3
You know, it's a win-win situation with Takagi-san, in terms of who confesses first. My money is on Takagi confessing, but Nishi doing it fits in with his character and the status quo. Though, if Takagi does it, and goes back to teasing/winning, it'll be the one and only time Nishikata gets to win (or at least the one time he knows about). All the results are a jackpot.