If you love a trashy thing, then it's really a treasure.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Going to be a while, I think. My guess is fall or next spring. Last thing they said that I saw was that the sidequests are almost all in the game now and it's fully playable. But with a complex RPG like this, and the tragic history of Bloodlines 1's release, I think they'll polish it up as much as possible before release.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Don't mention Bioware, it still hurts...
Just got to grow to accept it's death.

Fortunately there is a good chance it will live on in Archetype Entertainment which is a studio Wizards of the Coast (The Magic the Gathering and D&D company) set up and basically picked up all the ex-Bioware people that jumped ship as it was sinking the bottom of the proverbial ocean. What they're doing nobody knows but that's where they are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States


After I did the top 3 tiers and the bottom 2, I lost momentum.
You got to the important bits. Erza being near the top. Jellal being down in "sucks donkey balls" teir
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would like to take this opportunity to randomly remind everyone of the great manga/anime that's not brought up nearly as much as it deserves.

 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I would like to take this opportunity to randomly remind everyone of the great manga/anime that's not brought up nearly as much as it deserves.
That's not Berserk 👀



After I did the top 3 tiers and the bottom 2, I lost momentum.
Some I agree with, others I find questionable :hmm
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's not Berserk 👀
Why would it be?

Not that I want to throw shade Berserks way but I would say Berserk is brought up far more often than it actually deserves. It's pretty much just a scam at this point. Miura is never actually going to finish it. Pretty sure he writes just enough to keep the money from the merchandising right coming in. It can fight it out with HxH for the greatest story that never really was, I guess.

Inuyasha though.. Inuyasha had it all. Great manga. Great anime. Even the anime movies are really good. And it's one of the rare long running series that stuck the landing and had a conclusion that was completely satisfying. It was such a good adventure series, with first class romance too. It's one of those stories you can just think back on and be happy.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Why would it be?

Not that I want to throw shade Berserks way but I would say Berserk is brought up far more often than it actually deserves. It's pretty much just a scam at this point. Miura is never actually going to finish it. Pretty sure he writes just enough to keep the money from the merchandising right coming in. It can fight it out with HxH for the greatest story that never really was, I guess.
Was meant to be a joke but let's roll with the discussion.

I can see where you're coming from but I'd disagree. I recently picked up Berserk's manga and I can say without a doubt it's something special. It's enthralling, and something that leaves me wanting more in a good way (I read by volume but every chapter has linked together seamlessly so far and it's something I can't get enough of). There's painstaking detail in the art-style which is also a big point from my perspective, and I believe it is incredibly well written. Berserk is something that deserves the praise it gets through how Miura has built it and makes sure that the payoffs in the story are worth it. I understand your point about the hiatuses but I don't think that invalidates the quality of the story at all. Consistent releases or not, Berserk is still a phenomenal experience, especially when read volume to volume in my case.

Inuyasha though.. Inuyasha had it all. Great manga. Great anime. Even the anime movies are really good. And it's one of the rare long running series that stuck the landing and had a conclusion that was completely satisfying. It was such a good adventure series, with first class romance too. It's one of those stories you can just think back on and be happy.
I've never touched Inuyasha but it's on my list of things to watch at some point. Heard some good stuff ofc so I'll get there eventually :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was meant to be a joke but let's roll with the discussion.

I can see where you're coming from but I'd disagree. I recently picked up Berserk's manga and I can say without a doubt it's something special. It's enthralling, and something that leaves me wanting more in a good way (I read by volume but every chapter has linked together seamlessly so far and it's something I can't get enough of). There's painstaking detail in the art-style which is also a big point from my perspective, and I believe it is incredibly well written. Berserk is something that deserves the praise it gets through how Miura has built it and makes sure that the payoffs in the story are worth it. I understand your point about the hiatuses but I don't think that invalidates the quality of the story at all. Consistent releases or not, Berserk is still a phenomenal experience, especially when read volume to volume in my case.
I'm sure it's a very different experience if your jumping right in now. Keep in mind I've been reading it since the late 90s. So for me the great hiatus arc has dragged on for 10 years and counting and I'm not exaggerating there. So that's where my perspective comes from.

And I don't disagree what's there was pretty special. I was super into it, once upon a time, I was all in on Guts x Farnese. Love Puck and wanted to see where he would end up. And I'd like to believe everyone's affection for the series will be rewarded but I know whats going on here.



After over 20 years of reading, or attempting to read, the series I'm basically in the "show me the manga" phase of my Berserk readership. If it ends at the place it's at now the result is unsatisfying. So that's sort of how I view it until I'm given a reason, preferably in the form of actual chapters of manga, to say otherwise.

I've never touched Inuyasha but it's on my list of things to watch at some point. Heard some good stuff ofc so I'll get there eventually :XD
Kimitsu no Yaiba is a bit similar in some ways. Although Inuyasha is much calmer and more romantic series take on a similar japanese demon mythology setting.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm sure it's a very different experience if your jumping right in now. Keep in mind I've been reading it since the late 90s. So for me the great hiatus arc has dragged on for 10 years and counting and I'm not exaggerating there. So that's where my perspective comes from.

And I don't disagree what's there was pretty special. I was super into it, once upon a time, I was all in on Guts x Farnese. Love Puck and wanted to see where he would end up. And I'd like to believe everyone's affection for the series will be rewarded but I know whats going on here.



After over 20 years of reading, or attempting to read, the series I'm basically in the "show me the manga" phase of my Berserk readership. If it ends at the place it's at now the result is unsatisfying. So that's sort of how I view it until I'm given a reason, preferably in the form of actual chapters of manga, to say otherwise.
Ah I see, well that definitely does give more perspective on it. Hopefully one day we do get an ending, but I don't think it'd be for a while yet nor should one be shoehorned in. While an incredibly frustrating wait, given how things have gone so far I hope we'll get one worthy of what's come before it, and I'm 90% sure we will if Miura can get away from Idolmasters or whatever else for a bit :XD

The horrid 2016/17 adaptations probably wouldn't of done much to stoke his fire given how much of a trainwreck it was to watch (yeah I watched after watching the 97 anime, I have regrets).

Kimitsu no Yaiba is a bit similar in some ways. Although Inuyasha is much calmer and more romantic series take on a similar japanese demon mythology setting.
I didn't mind the Kimetsu no Yaiba anime but at the same time I think it had too much smoke blown up it's arse. Hopefully Inuyasha will be worth the hype haha
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah I see, well that definitely does give more perspective on it. Hopefully one day we do get an ending, but I don't think it'd be for a while yet nor should one be shoehorned in. While an incredibly frustrating wait, given how things have gone so far I hope we'll get one worthy of what's come before it, and I'm 90% sure we will if Miura can get away from Idolmasters or whatever else for a bit :XD

The horrid 2016/17 adaptations probably wouldn't of done much to stoke his fire given how much of a trainwreck it was to watch (yeah I watched after watching the 97 anime, I have regrets).
I feel bad for whoever takes on a Berserk anime project because so much of that series is the art. And how do you recreate that in anime form? I think the last few attempts showed in a definite way how to fail at it though. Bad CG the anime.

I didn't mind the Kimetsu no Yaiba anime but at the same time I think it had too much smoke blown up it's arse. Hopefully Inuyasha will be worth the hype haha
Hard to say. Kimetsu no Yaiba was a very good condensed battle manga, IMO. It didn't really mess around a lot. Maybe even rushed it's climax a bit. But it did what it set out to do about as quickly efficiently as you could do it. It never really relaxed though. Seemed like the intent was always keeping the tension pretty high.

Inuysha is very different in that respect. It similarly centers around hunting a big bad demon man but they hunt him all over the place and fight him and various other things quite a few times. With a good bit more character development, world building, and humor along the way. The adventure/storytelling to battle ratio is pretty different.
 
Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I'm glad to see someone else who loves Inuyasha too Jamms :zomg (though I prefer the manga over the anime any day).
Do you have any faves there? Any ship in particular?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm glad to see someone else who loves Inuyasha too Jamms :zomg (though I prefer the manga over the anime any day).
Do you have any faves there? Any ship in particular?
Should have guessed you'd be a fellow Inuyasha fan Revs. The manga is almost always better then the anime. I just encountered the anime first it was probably the first anime I was really into. Not to mention those ending themes will always have a special place in my heart.



Just the normal ships for me there though. I was Inuyasha x Kagome and Miroku x Sango from the start. I was also pretty invested in Sesshomaru x Kagura. You?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Should have guessed you'd be a fellow Inuyasha fan Revs. The manga is almost always better then the anime. I just encountered the anime first it was probably the first anime I was really into. Not to mention those ending themes will always have a special place in my heart.



Just the normal ships for me there though. I was Inuyasha x Kagome and Miroku x Sango from the start. I was also pretty invested in Sesshomaru x Kagura. You?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I love Rumiko Takahashi's work in general, Ranma and Inuyasha were always favorites, she makes romances with action so well. :blush Are you looking forward for the sequel? Usually I find these things unnecessary but since it's Takahashi I'm excited to see how it would be.
Ans indeed, I still love the anime a lot (even if the manga is my favorite part) and especially by the soundtrack!



Kagome/Inuyasha is an ancient OTP, even today I still ship them a lot even if I do like things like Inuyasha/Kikyo or even Koga/Kagome sometimes lol. Miroku/Sango as well, Sango was such a babe.
I almost never shipped Sessh with anyone, but I loved him shipped with Kagura in the last part of the manga (basically the second and final part anime) and sometimes I like him with Rin in the fanarts and all.

My faves were always Kagome, Naraku, Koga and Kikyo, but there's no character that I dislike honestly.

You know, when I started Kimetsu for the first time, Muzan reminded me a lot of Naraku, the whole concept of his backstory as a villian and his abilities, KnY is in far different historic setting but sometimes it really gave me Inuyasha flashbacks.
Also here :nod








 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I love Rumiko Takahashi's work in general, Ranma and Inuyasha were always favorites, she makes romances with action so well. :blush Are you looking forward for the sequel? Usually I find these things unnecessary but since it's Takahashi I'm excited to see how it would be.
Ans indeed, I still love the anime a lot (even if the manga is my favorite part) and especially by the soundtrack!



Kagome/Inuyasha is an ancient OTP, even today I still ship them a lot even if I do like things like Inuyasha/Kikyo or even Koga/Kagome sometimes lol. Miroku/Sango as well, Sango was such a babe.
I almost never shipped Sessh with anyone, but I loved him shipped with Kagura in the last part of the manga (basically the second and final part anime) and sometimes I like him with Rin in the fanarts and all.

My faves were always Kagome, Naraku, Koga and Kikyo, but there's no character that I dislike honestly.

You know, when I started Kimetsu for the first time, Muzan reminded me a lot of Naraku, the whole concept of his backstory as a villian and his abilities, KnY is in far different historic setting but sometimes it really gave me Inuyasha flashbacks.
Also here :nod
I'm.. a bit concerned about the sequel. Inuyasha is so good the way it is. And the ending is so satisfying. So I'm not super comfortable adding onto that. I guess if Rumiko Takahashi is doing it then there will be a good story there but I've been burned by so many sequel series that part of me is just like "Noooo! Leave it alone!". That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it on some level. So I'm conflicted.

I liked every character in the show. The main 4 of Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango were so strong too. And slow burn on all the romance between them was just terrific. I liked Kagura a lot too. Turning an incarnation of the main villain into such a waifu was a bold move. But it worked!

And, agreed, Sango was indeed a babe.:hurr



This fanart is soooo good. There were all amazing but this one really captures something for me.
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Hi Jammin,

A bit of an unusual random guest I might be here, but the mailman just gave me this and I was not quite sure what to do. It seems that he was at the wrong address when he delivered this, I think. So therefore, I would like to deliver this to you since I am certain these orders were yours and that you are the owner of them!

In any case, you are welcome!



















@Creidts of the fanarts goes to toneeartwork








@Credits of the fanarts goes to nasaniliu
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi Jammin,

A bit of an unusual random guest I might be here, but the mailman just gave me this and I was not quite sure what to do. It seems that he was at the wrong address when he delivered this, I think. So therefore, I would like to deliver this to you since I am certain these orders were yours and that you are the owner of them!

In any case, you are welcome!



















@Creidts of the fanarts goes to toneeartwork








@Credits of the fanarts goes to nasaniliu
It must be my order. Because it's perfect. :hurr
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How much would you like this Jammin? :amuse



We're getting a Wada Servant each year, so it might actually happen this summer. It's either her, two other Sakurafaces (Passionlip/Kingprotea) or an actual Summer Liz lol. I can't really see Drake or Nursery Rhyme happening, but I guess they're not impossible.

My guess for now is either Passionlip or Kiara, simply bc Liz has so many versions already and Kingprotea is relatively new by comparison.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How much would you like this Jammin? :amuse



We're getting a Wada Servant each year, so it might actually happen this summer. It's either her, two other Sakurafaces (Passionlip/Kingprotea) or an actual Summer Liz lol. I can't really see Drake or Nursery Rhyme happening, but I guess they're not impossible.

My guess for now is either Passionlip or Kiara, simply bc Liz has so many versions already and Kingprotea is relatively new by comparison.
Very very much. Summer Drake would also be pretty awesome, honestly. And you can never have enough Liz.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,823
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
How much would you like this Jammin? :amuse



We're getting a Wada Servant each year, so it might actually happen this summer. It's either her, two other Sakurafaces (Passionlip/Kingprotea) or an actual Summer Liz lol. I can't really see Drake or Nursery Rhyme happening, but I guess they're not impossible.

My guess for now is either Passionlip or Kiara, simply bc Liz has so many versions already and Kingprotea is relatively new by comparison.
Now that's nice.

Reckon Kiara is a decent shout for Summer 5 honestly, as there have been hints that Summer 5 could be "horror" themed so we could see Summer Liz, Summer Kiara, and some other servants that might fit in with that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I would very much like a horror-themed summer event Sam, I hope they do that :zomg

But now that all of us Fate/Grand Order degenerates are here, why not just make a ranking and see how it turns out for the Summer Wada Servant and the Summer Takeuchi Servant? I'll obviously ignore male servants : D

What we have in the pool for Wada is: Kiara, Kingprotea, Passionlip, Elizabeth, Francis Drake, Nursery Rhyme.

If I could pick, my ranking would be:

1. Kiara (need I really say anything?)
2. Passionlip (not sure how that would turn out, but I'm a Sakura fan...)
3. Francis Drake
4. Kingprotea
5. Elizabeth
(for summer servants, I admit I prefer someone who isn't flat as a washboard)
6. Nursery Rhyme (could be wholesome in the best case, but would feel like wasted potential considering the other options)

Takeuchi servants in the pool: Saber Lily, Asagami Fujino, Medusa, Lakshmibai, Kagetora, Shiki Ryogi, Okita Alter, Valkyries.

My ranking for those would be:

1. Okita Alter (duh...)
2. Medusa (now that would be a fine pick as well)
3. Shiki (unconventional, but could turn out good)
4. Saber Lily (it's a Saberface)
5. Valkyries (three summer servants at once)
6. Kagetora
7. Asagami Fujino
8. Lakshmibai


I think as long as it's one of the top 3 or maybe 4 servants, I would be satisfied.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Might as well invite @syx too :3
 
Top