Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
When will the leaks drop?
 

ThunderStorm

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
84
Reaction score
160
Age
30
Country
Portugal
New series coming up? Sweet.
I really liked that Naraku no Kou one shot...Sooo maybe or nah?
A veteran would be nice too.
 

evielynn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
300
Age
26
Country
United Kingdom
New series coming up? Sweet.
I really liked that Naraku no Kou one shot...Sooo maybe or nah?
A veteran would be nice too.
As much as I love Naraku no Ko, I'd be very surprised if we saw it serialized (or anything by Taisei) until around mid 2021-ish. Although I do think he's a safe bet to be serialised within the next 2 years.
 

Bodoro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
209
Reaction score
240
Age
25
Country
Canada
What are the chances Hot by Amano gets serialized? Did it have good reception?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
If Tamura does come back, I really hope he has a proper idea of what he wants to do this time.

Yui Kamio at least waited until it was flopping to throw in a bunch of barely connected ideas, Hungry Marie was a mess from ch 1.
 

MysticCatto

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
229
Reaction score
293
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
I really hope Shinohara comes back
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I want Shimabu to return, but truthfully, I think he'd rather just do a gag series. It seems to be his calling.

Personally, I want another battle shonen from him, but I'm not sure he could successfully pull it off nowadays. Hopefully I'm wrong.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Gonna be an exciting few days to be following Jump between the promise of new series reveals tonight and week 1 for a bunch of newbie volumes starting in a few days.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stealth Symphony should get a spiritual successor. It was the most original and well written story in jump.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Oh damn, I would like Masakazu Katsura back to do a new manga.

Assuming he will not be too busy doing character designs for an Astral Chain sequel with Platinum.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Someone asked it elsewhere but does anyone here know what exactly Yu Yu Hakusho means, as a title?

I can guess at stuff based on kanji and I can tell it has a few different meanings, but have we ever had an official explanation?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I want Shimabu to return, but truthfully, I think he'd rather just do a gag series. It seems to be his calling.

Personally, I want another battle shonen from him, but I'm not sure he could successfully pull it off nowadays. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I liked Chingiri because it could've been Shimabu's take on OPM but with Mashle around idk if Chingiri will hold up

I wonder if he would give sports another try after his flop in Super Jump but I agree that I prefer to see another battle shonen from him again
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
From Saikyô Jump out tomorrow :


Look like :
-TPN will end in Wsj #27.
-New serie (a lot) will be annoncing in Wsj #27 & will start this month.
Looks like a new serialization round for 4-6 new series are incoming. I wonder what the odds are of Bone Collection being the last series to get axed to make room for this serialization round. That'd put it at about 2 volumes so it could be another 12-13 chapter series like the axed series used to be several years ago.
Yozakura has been a pretty strange serialization. It seems like it keeps getting reprints, but they must not be very big, and it spends a lot of time lower in the TOC. It seems like it'll probably survive this new serialization round unless it's truly enormous. I'd say Neverland, Yuuna, Guardian, Mitama unfortunately, and Agravity are all more at risk than Yozakura is presently.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,492
Reaction score
39,523
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think will be 4 series at most, anything above would be just pushing it for unnecessary cancelations, but you never know with Jump
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top