Haha it's not something I can finish in just a day, sadly. If all goes well, I'll be done tomorrow, and then I can relax for a bit But don't worry, I'm not really the type to work all day without a break, I need my time of peace~
You're not wrong, Cindy certainly has a memorable look Though Aranea was at least a bit more plot relevant (it kind of feels like she could have been a lot more important. or have a role in a dlc but booo).
Definitely looking forward to it!!
Yeah, in the end FF15 was all about the boys Romance used to be a pretty important part of many FFs, so how they treated that with Luna... well, many were disappointed (me included).
Pfft, that's flattering mister. Those games just suit you
Aaaah yes. I think a good story really is important too. Something you can get sucked into basically. But for gameplay, as long as it's not frustratingly difficult I don't really care.
Hahahaha yes I feel that so hard!! Still need to finish the newest resident evil, and I kind of feel bad about it. Such a good game (Did condition me to fear certain situations in other games lmao).
Just accept the praise, marmy
Well, gameplay is the least important of the three to me too, but good/great gameplay can be the icing on the cake, so to say xD And as you said, if it's just awful it can be a big damper too.
oh you're playing Resident Evil as well? I have yet to play the remake of 3, but 2 was really good. Did you play 7? Because boy that made me sweat profusely at times x'D I'm not sure if I could cope with stuff like that in real life lol.
aaah mothers should never change They're so hilarious with technology.
I feel that xD Though my mother would just get mad at me for being on a pc for too long (but too long would also be an hour or two in her eyes) -
yeah, they are lmao. But yes, they're quite strict when it comes to being on the console/PC too much when you're a kid Only an hour or two sounds like your mother was really strict though...
Mhm like that. And yeah, money always seems to be the issue with these things. Not surprising at all xD. And let's be honest - FF fans are always mad at something. For good reason sometimes, but I sometimes sit back and think just be happy with the good parts instead of nitpicking.
I assume the second part though will still take awhile before it will come out?
Well, I can understand wanting to make money, but that can lead to rather bad decisions sometimes. In the case of F7 I'm cool with it for now, haha. It's true that FF fans can be pretty "wild", but I think in the days of the internet a vocal group can make it look worse than it actually is. Personally I've mostly seen praise for the remake, and it's deserved in my eyes xD Legit criticism is perfectly fine, but I feel like too many people just bitch for the sake of it. Often I'm like "if you hate it so much, why did you even play the game until the end?"
And yeah, I think the next part will take 2 or 3 years at least
welllllll, my brothers switched to xbox for some reason after the ps1 and the oldest still plays games on it. And one of my best friends just plays on XBOX, so when I finally was able to get a console for myself it was just more logical to get an XBOX. To play with them xD. It does have a lot of games I play (though the lack of FF and Kingdom Hearts seems to be getting better since this year on there, so I don't think I'll switch to PS anytime soon haha).
Yeah, that's understandable haha. It's just so rare here, I don't think I've actually meet anyone who has an XBOX lol. Playstation is much much more popular in Germany, from my impression.
Did play the XBox for a short time too actually (FF13 to be exact XD), and it's just fine too Use what you're comfy with, outside of exclusivity (which is bad anyway, if you ask me), there's no real reason to switch.
Nii I didn't forget our soon-to-talk Fate hype, I just have to say too many things about Zero and also other parts, will do soon though.
I know it will be tough to surprise you with Fate art, but still here you go
Also found this on a blog called "battlersexual" (still can't get over that name, do you know it?) about different Fate protagonists and laughed too much with it, I needed to show you
Nice pics, thanks for sharing! And thanks for the compliment too
Yeah I think we talked about it for a bit, but not that much. It's still one of all time favs, might even be my overall favourite. Really enjoyed the manga, and the anime remake made me fall in love even more haha.
And you mean my favorite chars? Gon, Killua (what a surprise, right? xD), Hisoka, Biscuit, Nefelpitou, Meruem, Gin, Pariston, Leorio, Ikalgo... Quite a lot it seems I like most of the Spiders, but I don't really love any of them.
Aaahh I remember that you liked Gon and Leo (makes me happy because sometimes I feel that he's very underrated), and that you weren't into Kurapika that much? Which is ironic because he's my favorite and a husbando of mine. Pitou is one of my favorites too o/.
Can't wait to see your list on the top ten HxH characters (hope you participate!) and the Naruto one as well, the OP one made me confirm that most of times we really have many faves in common.
Nii I didn't forget our soon-to-talk Fate hype, I just have to say too many things about Zero and also other parts, will do soon though.
I know it will be tough to surprise you with Fate art, but still here you go
Also found this on a blog called "battlersexual" (still can't get over that name, do you know it?) about different Fate protagonists and laughed too much with it, I needed to show you
Yeah, I didn't forget the huge post you still didn't answer here, or the one in your thread....
On a more serious note, that's some nice art! I actually don't know the majority of that, even I can't possibly check out all the Fate art that gets made each day, haha
And lol, sounds like someone really likes Battler (can't say I know it though, no). Dunno how to feel about you spoiling yourself with the protags again, but at least the "senpai" and "who" entry are just fun without giving away some stuff But it's a funny write-up for sure
Aaahh I remember that you liked Gon and Leo (makes me happy because sometimes I feel that he's very underrated), and that you weren't into Kurapika that much? Which is ironic because he's my favorite and a husbando of mine. Pitou is one of my favorites too o/.
Can't wait to see your list on the top ten HxH characters (hope you participate!) and the Naruto one as well, the OP one made me confirm that most of times we really have many faves in common.
Yeah, Leorio gets easily overshadowed but all the more "eccentric" chars in Hunter x Hunter... xD I don't have anything against Kurapika, I like him, but he's just not among my favs, sorta similar to the Spiders. Not sure if he could be a good husbando though, lol.
And I'm a fan of most of the Ants in general. They're very much like kids in a way. They have a higher intellect of course, but outside of that they basically don't really know about feelings, values, etc. and it's really interesting to see how each of them develops (if they got some development) in a different way from there. Welfin would be another good example I didn't mention, and Meleoron is cool too : D
What are you saying revo, I even suggested to Faust that I would host the Hunter x Hunter round And it looks like I will, but that won't stop me from participating Our taste definitely seems pretty similar, looking forward to your next lists as well
Haha it's not something I can finish in just a day, sadly. If all goes well, I'll be done tomorrow, and then I can relax for a bit But don't worry, I'm not really the type to work all day without a break, I need my time of peace~
I mean, you're always welcome to - just expect a lot of questions back c:
Is it time to relax yet? Is it? It really sounds like you need it tbh.
Yeah, in the end FF15 was all about the boys Romance used to be a pretty important part of many FFs, so how they treated that with Luna... well, many were disappointed (me included).
Tbh it would have been better for the story if Luna wasn't there. She was so wasted there xD
Just accept the praise, marmy
Well, gameplay is the least important of the three to me too, but good/great gameplay can be the icing on the cake, so to say xD And as you said, if it's just awful it can be a big damper too.
oh you're playing Resident Evil as well? I have yet to play the remake of 3, but 2 was really good. Did you play 7? Because boy that made me sweat profusely at times x'D I'm not sure if I could cope with stuff like that in real life lol.
NEVER.
And yes!! I haven't played the remakes yet, but did (try) to play my fair share of the 'older' entries. Haha yes, I loved 7 - but I haven't finished it yet (kind of proud how far I've come with it though). If that was real life, I really wouldn't have entered any of those creepy places and just go home lmao.
yeah, they are lmao. But yes, they're quite strict when it comes to being on the console/PC too much when you're a kid Only an hour or two sounds like your mother was really strict though...
Even if she didn't say anything, I still felt her judgy self judging me haha. I really do wonder how parents cope nowadays with all this technology. Playing games/being on the PC has become such a huge part of life.
Well, I can understand wanting to make money, but that can lead to rather bad decisions sometimes. In the case of F7 I'm cool with it for now, haha. It's true that FF fans can be pretty "wild", but I think in the days of the internet a vocal group can make it look worse than it actually is. Personally I've mostly seen praise for the remake, and it's deserved in my eyes xD Legit criticism is perfectly fine, but I feel like too many people just bitch for the sake of it. Often I'm like "if you hate it so much, why did you even play the game until the end?"
And yeah, I think the next part will take 2 or 3 years at least
Totally agree, some things are seriously unplayable because of that xD
And yes - they're so vocal. I kind of avoid the comment section of the FF posts on facebook nowadays bc its just filled with complaints and negative people. The people that do enjoy it just get overshadowed. But I guess that goes for most things on the internet xD
And right!! "I hate this game, therefore I will buy it all and finish it with all trophees and what not" The logic, I really don't see haha.
Oh really? That's so long
Yeah, that's understandable haha. It's just so rare here, I don't think I've actually meet anyone who has an XBOX lol. Playstation is much much more popular in Germany, from my impression.
Did play the XBox for a short time too actually (FF13 to be exact XD), and it's just fine too Use what you're comfy with, outside of exclusivity (which is bad anyway, if you ask me), there's no real reason to switch.
I think playstation is more popular here as well tbh, just not in my circle xD I must say though, PS has teeerrriible controllers for small hands. XBOX ones are just so much better haha.
Exclusivity is just such a moneygrab tbh - kind of sad. (But I'm also sad about not being able to crossplatform with most games)
I saw a bit, but that's great! How are you liking it so far?
Well you know, I'm just so curious haha.
I'm at the point of day 6 that Saber is being weird and going out alone. I smell a bad decision tbh. But I really want to know the rest of the story, really need to force myself to not search for things. And this is a good thing xD
I don't think it helped that I watched zero first because that makes me have even more questions (about characters that are connected to that series)
Rin is such a savage sometimes, it's hilarious.
I started Haikyu this week... just about to finish the second season, and will continue with the manga. Glad to have started it, very uplifting/nostalgic.
lol yeah I can use the weekend to mostly relax (just a little bit of work...), so that feels good. And yes, your observation is spot-on again, I really need it haha. Even if it's just a short break, I think it's going to help a lot
NEVER.
And yes!! I haven't played the remakes yet, but did (try) to play my fair share of the 'older' entries. Haha yes, I loved 7 - but I haven't finished it yet (kind of proud how far I've come with it though). If that was real life, I really wouldn't have entered any of those creepy places and just go home lmao.
you didn't play the remake of 2? I think that would be a good mix for you, it's not too hard on the horror/survival aspect. 7 was much more nerve-wracking for me xD How come you didn't finish it? Was it too much? And how come you've been trying out the older parts? (they just announced 8 for 2021 btw)
and rofl yeah I wouldn't go anywhere near such places. Heck, I would get the fuck out of there as fast as humanly possible
Even if she didn't say anything, I still felt her judgy self judging me haha. I really do wonder how parents cope nowadays with all this technology. Playing games/being on the PC has become such a huge part of life.
haha the silent pressure sounds like your mom actually let you play though, even if she did show she wasn't too happy with it? xD
And yes, I think that's one of the hardest challenge for parents nowadays. You can't really keep your kid away from stuff like cellphones, the internet, etc. because it's literally everywhere, and everyone's using it (and sooner and sooner as well). Finding a good compromise there can be very difficult, not quite sure how I would handle it myself.
Totally agree, some things are seriously unplayable because of that xD
And yes - they're so vocal. I kind of avoid the comment section of the FF posts on facebook nowadays bc its just filled with complaints and negative people. The people that do enjoy it just get overshadowed. But I guess that goes for most things on the internet xD
And right!! "I hate this game, therefore I will buy it all and finish it with all trophees and what not" The logic, I really don't see haha.
lol from what I know and see FB is full with people just bitching and hating. Then again, toxity on the net is almost everywhere. Personally I enjoy the reddit communities for specific sections. Like I regularly browse the FF7 remake reddit, and while there is (legit) criticism, it's been a lot of good and positive stuff. Might help that the good stuff gets more upvotes and is way more visible thanks to that haha. So I would say "safe havens" do exist : D
And yes, it's quite long... Square Enix is a lot of things, but definitely not fast
I think playstation is more popular here as well tbh, just not in my circle xD I must say though, PS has teeerrriible controllers for small hands. XBOX ones are just so much better haha.
Exclusivity is just such a moneygrab tbh - kind of sad. (But I'm also sad about not being able to crossplatform with most games)
My hands aren't that small then, I guess
And it really is, I usually hate that. Personally I only bought the PS4 for a handful of games because I usually use the PC... but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do (even though it annoys me).
Well you know, I'm just so curious haha.
I'm at the point of day 6 that Saber is being weird and going out alone. I smell a bad decision tbh. But I really want to know the rest of the story, really need to force myself to not search for things. And this is a good thing xD
I don't think it helped that I watched zero first because that makes me have even more questions (about characters that are connected to that series)
Rin is such a savage sometimes, it's hilarious.
Oh believe me, I very much realized just how curious you are haha : )
Having watched Zero before can actually be a good thing, yes I may repeat myself, but really glad you're enjoying the VN
And lol yes, Rin can be very savage x'D
I started Haikyu this week... just about to finish the second season, and will continue with the manga. Glad to have started it, very uplifting/nostalgic.
Not going to watch the third season and the newest? You don't necessarily have to watch the new season (though I still think it's good), but you should definitely watch the third (vs. Shiratorizawa), it's amazing.
Nice to hear you're enjoying it that much It's a very well done sports manga in my eyes, and it continues to be uplifting and thrilling. Think it has a very good mix of character focus and actual matches. Sorta figured it would be your kind of series :3 What made you pick it up?
Not going to watch the third season and the newest? You don't necessarily have to watch the new season (though I still think it's good), but you should definitely watch the third (vs. Shiratorizawa), it's amazing.
Nice to hear you're enjoying it that much It's a very well done sports manga in my eyes, and it continues to be uplifting and thrilling. Think it has a very good mix of character focus and actual matches. Sorta figured it would be your kind of series :3 What made you pick it up?
I'll watch the third season at some point. I already started the manga (from chap 149). I've wanted to try Haikyuu for a while, mainly word of mouth. I was always terrible at volleyball for some reason
I'll watch the third season at some point. I already started the manga (from chap 149). I've wanted to try Haikyuu for a while, mainly word of mouth. I was always terrible at volleyball for some reason
I've never actually played volleyball outside a few minutes lol... But hey, you don't have to be good at something to enjoy watching it : D
How are you enjoying the manga so far? I think some panels are just sick
lol yeah I can use the weekend to mostly relax (just a little bit of work...), so that feels good. And yes, your observation is spot-on again, I really need it haha. Even if it's just a short break, I think it's going to help a lot
No chance of a small break from work, or did you already use up all your vacation days? (No idea how it works over there haha.)
you didn't play the remake of 2? I think that would be a good mix for you, it's not too hard on the horror/survival aspect. 7 was much more nerve-wracking for me xD How come you didn't finish it? Was it too much? And how come you've been trying out the older parts? (they just announced 8 for 2021 btw)
and rofl yeah I wouldn't go anywhere near such places. Heck, I would get the fuck out of there as fast as humanly possible
Mhm, not yet. I really wanted to get the remake last fall (all horror games usually are discounted around halloween, which is awesome) - but I kind of had to make choices and couldn't buy everything xD
Well for 7 - I really need my time playing these type of games and I just didn't have enough of it. And now, it's been so long I'll have to start over xD But I don't mind that. I feel that horror games are more summer games for me anyway.
Just go about these type of games randomly tbh, on xbox you can get bundles of the older games which makes it a lot easier.
Going to be fun to see if the remakes will be easier for me than 7 though.
And no, didn't know 8 was announced That's awesome
haha the silent pressure sounds like your mom actually let you play though, even if she did show she wasn't too happy with it? xD
And yes, I think that's one of the hardest challenge for parents nowadays. You can't really keep your kid away from stuff like cellphones, the internet, etc. because it's literally everywhere, and everyone's using it (and sooner and sooner as well). Finding a good compromise there can be very difficult, not quite sure how I would handle it myself.
Oh yeah xD She did. She basically would let me do anything, but would judge me so hard if she dissapproves I'd just not do certain things bc of that xD
Exactly! When I see my 4 year old niece it's really weird how well she knows technology already (and speaks english bc of it). And nowadays you really do need it for school as well. Heard that some highschools barely use books anymore for example, lots of things are digital.
Just think it's good to be as open as you can with a child about it... but surely they will always find ways to hide what they do online.
lol from what I know and see FB is full with people just bitching and hating. Then again, toxity on the net is almost everywhere. Personally I enjoy the reddit communities for specific sections. Like I regularly browse the FF7 remake reddit, and while there is (legit) criticism, it's been a lot of good and positive stuff. Might help that the good stuff gets more upvotes and is way more visible thanks to that haha. So I would say "safe havens" do exist : D
And yes, it's quite long... Square Enix is a lot of things, but definitely not fast
Yep, FB definitely is one negativity party xD
Ah I only browse reddit whenever I have a question about a game, or am wondering if anyone else has a certain bug or something too. But glad to hear that at least they are being realistic and not total haters there. And yeah, upvotes are a thing, but if everyone was very negative about it, the negative posts would be way more prominent right?
And it really is, I usually hate that. Personally I only bought the PS4 for a handful of games because I usually use the PC... but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do (even though it annoys me).
Exactlyyyyy. Especially when I was even more poor than I am now, I just couldn't afford playing on multiple platforms
(I remember this pirated KH1 for pc that only could go half the normal speed. Good old days lmao)
Oh believe me, I very much realized just how curious you are haha : )
Having watched Zero before can actually be a good thing, yes I may repeat myself, but really glad you're enjoying the VN
And lol yes, Rin can be very savage x'D
I've never actually played volleyball outside a few minutes lol... But hey, you don't have to be good at something to enjoy watching it : D
How are you enjoying the manga so far? I think some panels are just sick
I played some games before but could never hit the ball properly, I don't think I've felt so unco before Yea the manga is great too. The humour is better, and I actually like how a lot of the art isn't smooth and detailed like the anime - then it drops some amazing panels like you said.
Well I still have some vacation days left, but that's for my "normal" job. The freelance job has no vacation days... All that matters for my contract there is that my work has to be done late October, everything else is my own responsibility. The schedule is very tight though, so taking days off is really difficult, especially after the Japan vacation, where I took a bunch of days off and worked less overall bc I just wanted to enjoy my vacation
Though @Sky can tell you that like 2/3 of the days I still sat there for two hours or so each evening, working while he could relax on the bed... that's another reason why I wouldn't pick a project with a schedule like that again, just no way xD
Mhm, not yet. I really wanted to get the remake last fall (all horror games usually are discounted around halloween, which is awesome) - but I kind of had to make choices and couldn't buy everything xD
Well for 7 - I really need my time playing these type of games and I just didn't have enough of it. And now, it's been so long I'll have to start over xD But I don't mind that. I feel that horror games are more summer games for me anyway.
Just go about these type of games randomly tbh, on xbox you can get bundles of the older games which makes it a lot easier.
Going to be fun to see if the remakes will be easier for me than 7 though.
And no, didn't know 8 was announced That's awesome
haha yeah, getting horror games around Halloween is a great idea. So what did you prefer to buy over the remake? : D
And lol I imagine you slowly, very slowly advancing along each corner, with your heart rate being at max, and then you need to take a small break every 20 minutes or so How close am I?
Why do you prefer to read them during summer though?
8 looked pretty interesting from what I saw, but I think I sorta need to play a few more earlier entries to fully understand the story. Or just read up on their stories I guess, bc it seems it will prominently feature two protagonists from earlier games.
Oh yeah xD She did. She basically would let me do anything, but would judge me so hard if she dissapproves I'd just not do certain things bc of that xD
Exactly! When I see my 4 year old niece it's really weird how well she knows technology already (and speaks english bc of it). And nowadays you really do need it for school as well. Heard that some highschools barely use books anymore for example, lots of things are digital.
Just think it's good to be as open as you can with a child about it... but surely they will always find ways to hide what they do online.
Funny, here most schools still are a digital desert. Germany is so slow when it comes to that, even though now is the time when kids most need education in that regard =/ I think it's a good idea to have that much technology in our life, but it can be quite overwhelming and you really need to learn how to handle it. And I get the feeling not too many have a good grasp on that tbh.
Agree with what you said though, it's impossible to observe what your kid does all the time anyway. That's why it's especially important to make him/her capable of reasonably handling this stuff on their own (as much as possible for a "kid").
Yep, FB definitely is one negativity party xD
Ah I only browse reddit whenever I have a question about a game, or am wondering if anyone else has a certain bug or something too. But glad to hear that at least they are being realistic and not total haters there. And yeah, upvotes are a thing, but if everyone was very negative about it, the negative posts would be way more prominent right?
it's a great place for new info and fun discussions tbh, in my eyes. Though ofc not every reddit community might be the same. Feel free to check out the FF7R reddit when you've played the game though, there's lots of passionate fans there and a surprising amount of positivity.
True about the upvotes, but from my experience that happens very rarely. Of course if a game is shit you will find posts making fun of it with lots of upvotes, but in that case I can't really fault the people lol. Bitching about a game is perfectly fine too, within limits x)
Exactlyyyyy. Especially when I was even more poor than I am now, I just couldn't afford playing on multiple platforms
(I remember this pirated KH1 for pc that only could go half the normal speed. Good old days lmao)
Your family was poor? Sorry to hear that How bad was it exactly? I mean, we're relatively well off here in the west, but being poor can still be a pretty painful experience.
That pirated copy sounds like a fun experience in its own way though
It makes you more curious about some stuff, which then in turn makes you read more, so that's good in my eyes : ) I know it's hard to keep away from spoilers though, haha.
Already told you that I agree about Illya, she's a good girl : D
I played some games before but could never hit the ball properly, I don't think I've felt so unco before Yea the manga is great too. The humour is better, and I actually like how a lot of the art isn't smooth and detailed like the anime - then it drops some amazing panels like you said.
lol Brandy being uncool, that's hard to imagine. Well, we all suck at something, good thing it's only volleyball for you :3
Yeah, the art has this rough style, I quite like it. Good to hear you appreciate the panels too. Some of the double-spreads are just... dayum. How far are you by now?
Ooooh thanks Magi Some very nice pics! Especially love
Sayo's "I genuinely don't know" lmao
The last few pics you actually shared before, but I don't blame you for forgetting. You share so many pics with so many people here on MH, and I'm just one of many
Yeah, the art has this rough style, I quite like it. Good to hear you appreciate the panels too. Some of the double-spreads are just... dayum. How far are you by now?
It's like HxH in a way, a little rough and basic, but it allows you to follow the action and things that matter. And when it comes time for the money panel/page you get it. HxH cops it for its art which is a bit stiff in some respects, the art direction is very good, and there are some big time panels. (it's the walls of text that are tiresome).
I've put on a brief hold, got to 210ish, Nekoma is playing for third after losing to Fukuro (@revo I now get why your mans is Kuroo). Will resume next week. Aiming for about 50 chaps a week.
Yes, pretty much that! I've barely read or watched any sports manga/anime, but I've always loved Haikyuu. The game's are intense, and almost all characters are likeable and/or interesting. Think she made the right choice to end the manga like this, it's basically like one huge epilogue. That they didn't win anything together in the end makes it feel real tbh, and gives it that bittersweet touch yes. It also shows that no matter what happens though, you can still move on and grow even stronger
Now when reading the latest chapter your words are even more right, so far the ending is being epic and emotional and very focused on Hinata, Kageyama too, like it should really be.
When the manga ends (how much do you think it can last? One or two months?) I'm sure I will reread from the first arc at least, the nostalgia already hits hard and I kinda miss seeing the introductions of the all grown-up characters.
So what is your type of series? Adventure story? Got the impression you like drama and down to earth stuff quite a bit too, haha.
Tbh I feel like Fumetsu is trying to hit on the heart quite a lot as well, but maybe in another way.
Also with you on the series, I usually prefer that way more than movies. They can still be good though, as you said And I've never watched or read Akira, only know that it's a famous manga from the past xD
Good to hear you like Omoide Emanon! You don't really have to check out Kokou no Hito, it's been so many years that I really forgot a lot and I dunno if you will like it tbh. I'm the sorta guy who likes to recommend stuff I feel pretty sure someone will enjoy, bc I don't want him/her wasting time basically or being disappointed besides Fate
Adventure is the most common type I love yes hahaha but not only in anime/manga, in general basically.
I mostly like romances and/or fantasy when it comes to anime , regardless if it has action, comedy etc. I do read/watch slice of life mostly but I enjoy drama or action just the same.
What about you Nii? I remember you said you don't watch slice of life-only so you do like action more than anything? I feel that Fate is a whole package of most generes too in some way.
Gonna read Kokou n Hito anyways! Makes me curious and the art looks stunning, I have been too much into cute-like comedy series lately so this one should be good to take a break ^^ thanks for the recommendation again! Also I could hype about Akira for hours
but I kinda feel it's not your type of manga at all, the soundtrack of the movie was pretty great if you want to check it someday though, and there's also the anime remake they're currently doing.
Yeah, I agree with you, that's why I said there's nothing like Umineko out there. I still think that sometimes it was a bit too lengthy, or tried to bite off more than it could chew, but that's criticism on a high level. It's always cool to see a work aiming high and trying something different, even if not everything works out perfectly (nothing does anyway). Also with you that it's charm lies in the small things, as grand as the plot is the character beats often are the strongest parts.
And many love Umineko, it's just such a long work (and old) that not too many new fans are joining nowadays.
Yes the church scene was great! It felt so good when Battler and Beato beat Erika together, and then the end of the episode hits with that red truth :3
Agreed about Lambda. Basically, when I realized she was more than just a witch scheming and grinning in the background is when I fell in love with her character She just got that great mix of being a troll and ruthless, but also kind and playful haha.
Which reminds me, did Magi show you some of the VN OPs? This one prolly is my favourite:
Mmhm! She showed me that and a lot of other material too, but I need to catch up with it. The openings of the VN and the soundtrack of it in general is incredible, I like to reread some manga chapters while listeing to some, will show you some of the ones I like when I can o/.
Totally agreed with you there, sometimes when re-reading some parts of the plot I do think something similar to "maybe they're making this part unnecesarly complicated?". I feel personally that Umineko is a very complex universe in general for what anime/manga is in general, not only the plot but also how it uses the whole crime/mystery genere, that's something I praise a lot but also makes me think "no wonder the fandom can be so little, this probably scares peopl away because it's too much sometimes " xD. Also for what you said, it's old and long. Even Higurashi was a bit less messy, or at least the anime managed to make it like that (as it's far more popular).
Yes! Great final scene, also where I started to ship Battler and Beato together.
Your description of Lambda is basically one of the main reasons why I like her so much she's truly a "neutral" character and plays the roles of antagonist and someone who helps the heroes in the final episode perfectly, also everytime she was the master of the games everything became more interesting.
Yes I know all of them lol, but I appreciate them nevertheless Nobu x Okita is one of the yuri pairings I can get behind too
And I swear the Fate order isn't as difficult as it looks like at first xD Think I told you, but most of the stuff is just spin-offs you can watch anytime. As long as you've seen the basics (which is like 2 anime and 3 movies, or 1 anime and the VN ), you can watch/read/play anything else whenever you want. I don't expect you to catch up or anything, there's just so much out there and even I haven't read a number of things (like some Light Novels, bc I can't quite get into them generally-speaking), what matter is that you have fun. Don't feel pressured or anything to watch something if you don't like it
I knew it heh especially since most of the best Fate artists are on pixiv, and some few others on twitter, I bet you have many wonderful ones saved. I'm still trying to collect quite some.
Hahaha I do sound like a yuri fanatic sometimes but the Nobu/Okita got me after reading about the characters and later their interactions, the fanarts of them fit them perfectly too, is the type of dynamic I really like in a ship (also in the first few fanarts I saw of Nobunaga, I thought she was a male character lmao so found out later it was a yuri ship in the end).
Yes, in the end you were right, Fate isn't really that of a mess of universe, you just need to understand at least how the Master and Servant system works in general. And after lurking more about some others seasons and what you told me in my thread yes, they're mostly silly/decent anime series that are cool but not the most important ones. I will still check them someday.
And I got into some characters for real, so don't worry, I don't feel pressed or anything, I really like to see how the VN makes things go. ^_^
Oh, is that so? I got the impression many readers don't like what happened after the timeskip too much either. But I guess it's criticism on a high level, I'm still having fun with OP. I feel like buildups take a bit too long, but the climax of each arc usually hits.
Yeah, if you're a big fan it sucks seeing a series becoming worse and worse =/ It just hurts all the more if you really love something. We should never forget that the later events don't ruin or destroy the earlier parts, and the feelings they gave us readers. It's small comfort tbh, but at least I think people shouldn't condemn or hate a whole work just bc they don't like what it turned into later.
Dunno what happened with Nakaba, but I feel shonen adventure's getting worse and worse with time seems to be a rather common thing... And ofc, the longer your series goes on, the harder it is to maintain it's quality.
That being said, I know that feeling of sadness, but eventually we'll find new series to cheer us up
Can't deny that Nakaba basically wasted the two best characters (Escanor and Merlin) at the end there though, sigh.
Good thing I dropped the Nanatsu anime after the first part (Hendy battle) lol
Agreed a lot into how shonen is getting worse somehow, I commented to someone days ago how most of the final chapters and final arcs in general of adventure/action shonens are being...well, bad, and rushed as well. It just calls my attention how it's kind of a trope, though you're right that such long mangas make it hard to keep the quality. Still, there are some other long-running series that aren't specifically shonen and are doing good, so I feel that, like Jamms said in the Top Ten thread, the pressure of the popularity, the editors and the readers count a lot when it comes to the stress of the mangakas.
Yes, when I remember the gaidens and final chapters of Merlin and Escanor... the writing of part one versus the current last part feels like day and night really, but well, Nakaba went through a lot of things (his health was in terrible state many times, I will always say he should've gone to hiatus all the time he needed, keeping up with chapters no matter what made him feel worse and messing up the series).
Lucky you for real I
started to follow the manga when it had around 50 chapters, so in these times I praised the series to no end, until it started to slowly die as soon as Nakaba introduced the numer system for power levels (just why...? ) and the whole Demon Clan becoming the main focus later in the series.
Yup, it's definitely not easy to pull off. Maybe that Umi remake will happen eventually, you + magi + me want it to happen, so perhaps we can make that kakera a reality : D
I'm not that sure either, but it did get a re-release (the VN) on Switch not too long, so maybe that's part of the reason. At least this means there will be new merch, new OST, and new fanarts, so that already is a good thing
If us three could take control of the remake it would end up perfectly.
And that's definetly great news, I still need to check the old VNs though, but reading it + Fate VN + all the manga chapters of other series I need to catch up with... it will be quite a lot. I will look forward to the screenshots and soundtracks though.
Inuyasha x Kagome (they always takes place because of nostalgia)
I had to leave out Meliodas x Elizabeth even if it breaks my heart, but that's how terrible Nanatsu did to me, also there are many other non-yuri ships in my list too. („• ֊ •„)
Now what would your top 5 be? (or all the couples you want to list).
lol... Eventually you'll be able to play all the awesome games out there revo, I'm sure
And hmm, I like the first song, the second not so much tbh. They really have this special vibe you either like or don't. The last one's pretty nice, thanks for sharing
And you're welcome, I'm glad that you managed to like some! I enjoy the Vocaloid universe a lot hahaha could spam their songs all day because they're all very different from each other, even if the characters and the story of the songs are all connected between them, it's pretty awesome.
Yeah, tier lists can be really interesting, and they're everywhere nowadays Could take a while until you know most of the characters haha, but I' very much looking forward to that list!
Yes don't worry! Reading the first part of the VN (literally) right now, so I still have a while to be able to know all of them
Since you asked me both here in the last post and in my thead, here are my favorites in Fate (it can always change because I still have many others to know, but I will update it to you when that time comes ).
And who are yours? I know Shirou is one of your most favorites but I never knew the rest exactly.
Well I still have some vacation days left, but that's for my "normal" job. The freelance job has no vacation days... All that matters for my contract there is that my work has to be done late October, everything else is my own responsibility. The schedule is very tight though, so taking days off is really difficult, especially after the Japan vacation, where I took a bunch of days off and worked less overall bc I just wanted to enjoy my vacation
Though @Sky can tell you that like 2/3 of the days I still sat there for two hours or so each evening, working while he could relax on the bed... that's another reason why I wouldn't pick a project with a schedule like that again, just no way xD
Ah really? That freelance job sounds like the literal worst to be honest. Yes extra money, but you need free time to do fun things
I can imagine though, must be pretty bad if you even had to work on your holiday yes.
haha yeah, getting horror games around Halloween is a great idea. So what did you prefer to buy over the remake? : D
And lol I imagine you slowly, very slowly advancing along each corner, with your heart rate being at max, and then you need to take a small break every 20 minutes or so How close am I?
Why do you prefer to read them during summer though?
Aahahhahaha nooooo, that's too accurate I think I did pretty well during the Evil Within run through, but that game is pretty straightfoward (so easy to predict basically).
Summer time just feels horror time for me. Like now, it's still 28C inside windows are all open and yessss. Lets go.
8 looked pretty interesting from what I saw, but I think I sorta need to play a few more earlier entries to fully understand the story. Or just read up on their stories I guess, bc it seems it will prominently feature two protagonists from earlier games.
I feel that I always need to catch up on who is who, even if I played something before/played an earlier entry. But to be fair, there are most likely a ton of explanation videos on youtube that will freshen it up. like if you ever do feel the need to play. KH, but want to skip KH1 bc its terrible, there is this 3 hour long video telling the plot up until now.
Funny, here most schools still are a digital desert. Germany is so slow when it comes to that, even though now is the time when kids most need education in that regard =/ I think it's a good idea to have that much technology in our life, but it can be quite overwhelming and you really need to learn how to handle it. And I get the feeling not too many have a good grasp on that tbh.
Oh really? I always had the impression Germany could keep up well with those kind of things. Though looking back, in highschool we had this project for German Class. Basically exchanging letters with German highschoolers that had Dutch class (we had to write german, they had to write dutch). It was a fun project, but even then e-mail would have been so much easier xD
But yeah, not everyone is efficient in these kind of things, especially because there is so much nowadays.
Agree with what you said though, it's impossible to observe what your kid does all the time anyway. That's why it's especially important to make him/her capable of reasonably handling this stuff on their own (as much as possible for a "kid").
Mhnm yep. Educate your kid on safe internet use and so on - When I was young there was this huge thing about young girls getting undressed infront of the webcam and we were constantly warned not to do those type of things.
it's a great place for new info and fun discussions tbh, in my eyes. Though ofc not every reddit community might be the same. Feel free to check out the FF7R reddit when you've played the game though, there's lots of passionate fans there and a surprising amount of positivity.
True about the upvotes, but from my experience that happens very rarely. Of course if a game is shit you will find posts making fun of it with lots of upvotes, but in that case I can't really fault the people lol. Bitching about a game is perfectly fine too, within limits x)
Aaah that's great then!! I will I love it when people are positive about things haha.
Your family was poor? Sorry to hear that How bad was it exactly? I mean, we're relatively well off here in the west, but being poor can still be a pretty painful experience.
That pirated copy sounds like a fun experience in its own way though
Aaah not exactly poor, but I was definitely not spoiled. I always had to save up by myself for those type of things (and that takes a long time if you have to rely on allowance/a paperround at 14). And to be fair, I was too awkward with my parents to even ask for things xD
It makes you more curious about some stuff, which then in turn makes you read more, so that's good in my eyes : ) I know it's hard to keep away from spoilers though, haha.
Already told you that I agree about Illya, she's a good girl : D
You know, what Shirou reminded me of? Of Harry Potter in the beginning of Stay Night. Very "Save the everyone but myself" - but later on during the route Shirou is so much more passionate (And to be fair, Harry isn't really).
Kiiind of upset the romance situation was not very developed - It felt very flat and random to me to be honest. But overall, the friendships/dynamics between characters were defnitely a lot of fun ~
Ooooh thanks Magi Some very nice pics! Especially love
Sayo's "I genuinely don't know" lmao
The last few pics you actually shared before, but I don't blame you for forgetting. You share so many pics with so many people here on MH, and I'm just one of many