Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,488
Reaction score
39,483
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

rg24

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
72
Age
33
Country
Argentina
Did you only start reading the series three chapters ago? Because if so, I gotta disappoint you: Noelle isn't the main character at all.
This is something called "A joke". Everyone that read BC know that Noelle is the real protagonist and Asta is keeping the seat warn till she is ready to take it, and should be soon.

It's not that don't want/like to see something about cops (quite the opposite, I love cop stories). It's that I don't want to see someone who gets paid for protecting people act reckless and endanger them instead.
There is any cops/detective story where they don/t go way over the laws and get problems for that?? I am 99% sure it it part of the gender sice the 80' at least
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kill Me (Spanish only in Mnga Plus): Not good, to much repetitive and not much more to the story after like 3 chapters.
La Sombra del Anillo -Wa no Kage- (Spanish only in Mnga Plus): Good story and world setting but the characters aren't good for me.
Magu-Chan: Love slice of life and love this manga. The only bad thing is that the chapters are to long, they should be shorter or 2 very separated part in each issue .
My Hero: The last chapters are really good story wise, what i don't get is why "that characters" get so many praise when it just get a power up and nothing else. And that characters and Deku powers remenber me of Naruto and Sasuke, just change the "resurrection" part to "pased down" and are pretty much the same.
One Piece: When you don't really like something for a time but you are deep into it for just dropped.
Spy x Family: Like I say, love slice of life. And just buy the alternative cover from Argentina and I am really happy for it.
Suito-to (Spanish only in Mnga Plus): Who doesn't like a manga about cure girls eating cute food and eachtohers??
Summer Time Rendring: A twist with a twist and some more twist. Love it but will need to reread it when it ends.
Ghostwriter: Like the first and the last chapter only, can't say if the twist are the only good things it have or that they downplay the rest of the chapters to me make that 2 more shocking.
Undead Unluck: The best of the last time. More ambition that every other manga in the magazine.
World Trigger: Never something that blows my mind but always good and never desapoint.
 

Midak

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
202
Reaction score
253
Age
33
Country
Italy
I have read multiple comments about the "hard boiled Cop" issue in the new manga.
To be honest, I do not feel that. aside from the US, this is really a current issue in most of the world, like here in the EU where I live.
I guess it might be similar for Japan.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I have read multiple comments about the "hard boiled Cop" issue in the new manga.
To be honest, I do not feel that. aside from the US, this is really a current issue in most of the world, like here in the EU where I live.
I guess it might be similar for Japan.
It's an issue the whole developed world is aware of at least. Even Japan's had some small protests regarding it.

Though WSJ running the manga isn't really the issue, Japanese people probably won't care, the worry is more about the response Viz might get from picking it up since they are mostly focused on the US.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Final panel of agravity boys....maybe its ending soon.
Yeah, the last half of the last page felt weird of AB. A bit like the mangaka talking to himself like as if creating manga wasn't his strong point which is quite sad if you think about the positive message that way.

Inb4 that mention will not be enough to help boost Agravity Boys.
As long as AB shows growth it might just survive Mitama who has yet to show any growth from all its releases. Think its latest volume sold even less than its first volume did. But yeah, AB gonna get the axe sometime this year if it cannot boost its sales with all the newcomers at its tail.
 

Midak

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
202
Reaction score
253
Age
33
Country
Italy
It's an issue the whole developed world is aware of at least. Even Japan's had some small protests regarding it.

Though WSJ running the manga isn't really the issue, Japanese people probably won't care, the worry is more about the response Viz might get from picking it up since they are mostly focused on the US.
Well, maybe yes, although it would have been unfair for the series. Still, it is clearly a comedy, so I do not think it should be a big deal.
Then, again, perhaps people from the US feel in a different way.
 

Gilroygladbouy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
70
Age
31
Country
Canada
With the latest chapter of Chainsaw Man, I’m very surprised that the end might be near. I don’t think it will end up ending but it could soon. It would definitely be a shocker and it would sadden me as Chainsaw Man has become one of my favorites in the magazine.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I’m really surprised that a MHA Vigilantes anime still hasn’t been made yet. Seems like it would be a great way to keep the MHA hype train rolling between its seasons. And if they did do an anime for it, I would assume it be a separate studio from Bones.
 

Jhonathan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
337
Reaction score
387
Age
25
Country
Brazil
I understand the idea that "Hard boiled cop and dolphin" came in a bad timing, i also believe that the work in a very convoluted moment. Wherever i don't think that this is gonna have a huge impact in how the public interact with it, mainly in countries were the protests are not so prominent. For example, in my country Brazil, we're have some protests that against police brutality, those influenced by the american protests, wherever, some weeks later people changed their focus, instead of police brutality, people start to go against the government, who's doing a terrible job at managing the covid crisis. Is possible that the same thing happened at Japan, the frustration and focus, went to something that the people perceive to be more present in their day to day lives. Other point, is that even though people are frustrated with irl cops, it is possible that this frustration does not affect the way people perceive fictional cops, just look at Brooklyn 99, at least in my country, it still being treated as a great series, and no one seems to have changed their perception of the characters because of the present moment.
Besides i don't think the manga shows hard boiled cops as a good thing, even though they have a cool moment in the final part of the chapter, the rest of the story focus on how goofy and silly Boyle ideas are, he though boxes being stained with nosebleed, instead of cool fighting blood, as example. Wherever i agree, that some moments during the car scene, can be perceived a bad taste jokes.
In relation with the boob humor, i think it fits the idea of story. He's not a super cool guy, who is cold as steel, he's just a normal guy, who consumes too much hard boiled media. He having nosebleeds, shows how silly he really is
(And just to clarify, i'm not saying that policy brutality, is something exclusive of the US or that it's a lesser problem. It's just that countries have different views and problems. And what people perceive to be their biggest source of concern in the moment, change from country to country)
 
Last edited:

Teennitro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
611
Reaction score
879
Age
30
Country
Fire Nation
I’m really surprised that a MHA Vigilantes anime still hasn’t been made yet. Seems like it would be a great way to keep the MHA hype train rolling between its seasons. And if they did do an anime for it, I would assume it be a separate studio from Bones.
I doubt it the chances of it getting a anime are really low it's not popular. The other spin-offs have a better chance of getting a anime before vigilantes
 
Last edited:

ChrissyR5

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
342
Age
25
Country
Russian Federation
I’m really surprised that a MHA Vigilantes anime still hasn’t been made yet. Seems like it would be a great way to keep the MHA hype train rolling between its seasons. And if they did do an anime for it, I would assume it be a separate studio from Bones.
I would love a Vigilantes anime but I don't think that would happen anytime soon honestly. It's not popular mostly because the original cast isn't in it. Team-Up Mission or Smash have a bigger chance of getting an anime.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Instead, he tried to pick a fight with a colleague and then went off to go play ball with a little child in the middle of a police intervention. And the dolphin guy was just standing there with his hands in his pockets, saying "This is perfect" as the car was about to crush a mother and child. They even allowed the driver to get back into the car, without ever seeing his license. Who does that?
This is dumb. Can cop be normal people and interact with their colleague? He played ball with the child because he was told backed off by his colleague. The dolphin did not just stand there, he pulled out his fucking gun. Do you actually read this manga? And if they forcefully stop the driver from getting back into his car, you would screamed police brutality just like you complaint when the mc punched the knife guy before. And the dolphin said "This is perfect" because this is a dumb one-liner trope common in cop media. If you actually like cop media, you would know this already.

Just because it's common doesn't mean we can't critisize it.
This is why I criticise the whole cop genre in my next point.

You missed this part of my post:
No, I don't. That whole paragraph was a respond to how oversensitive your reply was due to the current political climate. Hell, if a cop helps an elderly crossing the street, people like you will claim police brutality as the cop is forcing the elderly to move.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hell, I don't even like the manga that much (vote 5/10).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it the chances of it getting a anime are really low it's not popular. The other spin-offs have a better chance of getting a anime before vigilantes
I dont know, were spinoffs mangas ever really that popular, example. Were Naruto SD Rock Lee and Ninja Pals, Shingeki Chuugakkou, BSD Wan, Koro Sensei Quest really all that popular? To me it seems if your main series is popular your spinoff will get animated.

So I think its likely Vigilantes will. Perhaps if they are trying to keep it with BONES, they are just waiting to put it in there somewhere when they arent handling a movie and the main series at the same time or it gets closer to the anime.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Do you think Yozakura will get a colour page for its first anniversary, now that it's confirmed it'll still be around for a while with that spy contest?

I can't imagine it getting a cover/lead colour since it's not popular enough for that, but I can see it getting a normal colour page as a small celebration. It's been a while since the last one (I think it's had three so far, not counting ch 1 & 2?).
 
Last edited:

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,120
Age
24
Country
United States
Do you think Yozakura will get a colour page for its first anniversary, now that it's confirmed it'll still be around for a while with that spy contest?

I can't imagine it getting a cover/lead colour since it's not popular enough for that, but I can see it getting a normal colour page as a small celebration. It's been a while since the last one (I think it's had three so far, not counting ch 1 & 2?).
hell i think it'll get 1 more before the 1 year anniversary
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
When is the 1 year anniversary anyway? Issue #39? Though I suppose it'll be whenever WSJ decided to celebrate it.

I also wonder when we'll see Bone and Moriking's first colour pages (if they keep placing well of course). Mashle I think got its first new colour page on ch 12, while Undead first got one on ch 16.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,120
Age
24
Country
United States
When is the 1 year anniversary anyway? Issue #39? Though I suppose it'll be whenever WSJ decided to celebrate it.

I also wonder when we'll see Bone and Moriking's first colour pages (if they keep placing well of course). Mashle I think got its first new colour page on ch 12, while Undead first got one on ch 16.
My guess is the serious arc should start soon so i'd expect it'd end around chapter 52, so we'll probably see the year anniversary CP with the fan created spies on Chapter 53 or something
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
There is any cops/detective story where they don/t go way over the laws and get problems for that?? I am 99% sure it it part of the gender sice the 80' at least
Detective Conan, Q mysteries (Bannô Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo), Prophecy, Fake, Psycho-Pass, ... are all series where the cops are at least trying to play by the rules.

This is dumb. Can cop be normal people and interact with their colleague? He played ball with the child because he was told backed off by his colleague. The dolphin did not just stand there, he pulled out his fucking gun. Do you actually read this manga? And if they forcefully stop the driver from getting back into his car, you would screamed police brutality just like you complaint when the mc punched the knife guy before. And the dolphin said "This is perfect" because this is a dumb one-liner trope common in cop media. If you actually like cop media, you would know this already.

No, I don't. That whole paragraph was a respond to how oversensitive your reply was due to the current political climate. Hell, if a cop helps an elderly crossing the street, people like you will claim police brutality as the cop is forcing the elderly to move.

Hell, I don't even like the manga that much (vote 5/10).
Did you actually read my posts? I never complained about him punching the guy, I complained about the fact that he said he was going to punch him no matter what (because winding up a crazed armed man with a hostage even more by taking away his option to surrender can be absolutely deadly). Punching him to take him out was warranted, making him angry just to look cool was not.

Also, arresting someone who was driving without a license is just common sense. I don't know where you are getting the idea that I would be against this. Hell, I would've let the girl arrest him when he started being a sexist pig, I'm pretty sure there must be laws against insulting the police in Japan as well.

And I gave the manga a 6/10 (because I did like most of it), so at this point your complaining about my complaining just feels ridiculous.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Magu-chan has the potential to be the best Shonen Jump manga in this year 2020 and the best newcomer since Chainsawman. The two first chapters have been really good and is having the best reaction in people since the Chainsawman times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top