Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
you guys think i'm trolling, but I think Latla ability is UNPAST, negate the past or something idk lol
the word itself doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but it matches with the UMA Past

Chikara is negation would be stronger if we compare it with the power of UMA Move, it breaks the boundary between Space

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up with this. Fun series.

Latla seems to have the ability to reject an action(Unaccept?). But from her behavior it looks like she has some kind of precognition too. An artifact?

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Caught up with this. Fun series.

Latla seems to have the ability to reject an action(Unaccept?). But from her behavior it looks like she has some kind of precognition too. An artifact?
You're right, she is carrying an Orb in her hand, maybe it supports her own negation power by enhancing it or adding something that her ability is missing? I personally think her ability has something to do with solid matter as somehow the blood on Andy's sword still hit her face but his sword missed a still standing target. I am not quite sure yet what her conditions are though. Like Rip is pretty clear so far, except for his condition to stop the bleeding except for dying that is, like if he injuries somebody he also stops them from trying to heal the wound, like the bodyguard being unable to move their hands or Andy being unable to cut his head. But it does not stop offensive attacks nor does it increase the dmg output of a weapon as the scalpel thrown did slow down despite nullifying Andy's regen power while traveling through his arm. Rip is pretty much a guy who depending on his opponent has to play on time and with Andy being able to regen due others cutting him down or using his regen power as offensive ability Rip's power is pretty much neutralized. It will be interesting to see how they gonna fight on sunday.

Last edited:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is and it explains why Tatiana was so amiable with Andy and Fuuko despite their first meeting. I Loved Nico spitting out his coffee when Andy's D hit Tatiana's camera eye, poor girl. XDDD
Her power sounds similar to spoil as it seems to kill/destroy anything in 1km radius and could wipe out a small town. That said, the Union base is seriously huge! I had no idea it is that big! oO
Fuuko and Tatiana being friends is great, same with how.... self-aware Andy was when he said he knew Gina loved him but he killed her anyway. Like, I am not sure how to explain it, but it feels mature in a sense. As in you know "no personal feelings, this is strictly business" yet still having part regrets having done it but at the same time not apologizing for it as there was no other way around it. Compared to all the MCs who either never notice the main heroine's feelings or who got a harem but never act on their feelings despite being in several situations with them, Andy's response to having killed Gina never knowing her feelings was... was really good. At least I think so, I think it gave Andy's character some dept.
Tatiana's room was adorable and her bed, oh lol, look at her bed! XD And Andy and Billy being like two Dads standing outside happy about the friendship forming inside the room.^^
I wonder how old she is, most likely younger than Fuuko, around 14-16 would be my bet. Hope we get to see her full body next chapter, I wanna see how she deals with those two Hunters and what her real Unpower is - Untouch probably which kinda like a forcefield pushing anything away from her at insane speed thus destroying and killing anything in a certain radius. Also she got some control over it else Billy wouldn't be able to feed her with Sushi, even if he has to use a polearm for it. I think more and more that Rip will really die and that he is not the "main villain" but more like a lieutenant of the Negator Hunter organization. Either that or he stops Fuuko's bleeding with stopping his ability in whatever way he stopped Unseen from dying due his wounds.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Fuuko and Tatiana being friends is great, same with how.... self-aware Andy was when he said he knew Gina loved him but he killed her anyway. Like, I am not sure how to explain it, but it feels mature in a sense. As in you know "no personal feelings, this is strictly business" yet still having part regrets having done it but at the same time not apologizing for it as there was no other way around it. Compared to all the MCs who either never notice the main heroine's feelings or who got a harem but never act on their feelings despite being in several situations with them, Andy's response to having killed Gina never knowing her feelings was... was really good. At least I think so, I think it gave Andy's character some dept.
Doesn't it apply to almost all MCs in this generation, though? Both MCs from the spy-themed manga even already has a wife. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's an MC in one of the new manga who's already dating with the main heroine, though I don't remember exactly in which manga.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Rip dies and the UNION bag another UNREPAIR that is willing to work for the UNION, ez clap

good chapter, another cliffhanger

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
this is explain sudden shift between fuuko, andy and tatiana relationship between before spoil and after spoil arc. there is an arc happen in the background, and now we know why? also great to see andy and billy on the back too. good on you author.
tatiana had nuke power.. she can control it in some degree (mostly with billy, i guess) but most of the time can freak out easily, like seeing the D. my sweet summer child.
i hope in the future she can control it with ease, same as fuuko..
all female chara on Union had OP power. juiz, fuuko, and tatiana, even gina.
this is the end of volume 3 i guess, chapter 16-25..

good stuff/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just reread chapter 2, Void and Shen are single target restriction type (immobilization type)
Chikara and Juiz are multi target

holy crap this is a big brain series like HxH

also VICTHOR appears in the first chapter for 2 panels
We also got "risk avoiding" types like the little cyborg kid or Latla, the woman who is with Rip. Would be interesting to see what sort of negator types exists overall similar to HxH where we got the whole Nen system with its Principles and Auras. Like right now it seems we got two major types of negators, external ones and internal ones and then different types of negating itself like restricting others or avoiding risk for yourself or others. In HxH it took a while till we got to the Nen system and were told its huge entirety, like we even got advanced techniques which are combos, so I expect that at some point we might get a "Negator power system" explanation with charts and such later down the road. At least with those mentioned types and negation labels it feels like there is a system at place which we just don't know about yet.
what if their type also catagorized by how they activated their power?
1. restrainer type
most of them use vision, eye contact, unmove and untruth. but i am not sure about juiz and void
2. risk avoiding type
they close their eyes. Unseen describe by RIP, must close her eyes to become unseen (okay did being invisible can catagorized as risk avoiding?). and in the chapter 22, latla close her eye when rip talk about what will happen.
3. negator who need touch, skin contact or phisical contact
Unluck, Unchange, possibly unbreakable, unrepair direct/indirect need hit.
so what their similar ability? straight up offensive/defensive power. or they can make somekind of weapon, stroke of unluck, barrier invisible, unbreakable weapon, unrepair wound?
So, weaponize granting or gift Type?
4. No need activation,
Undead, Unforget (nico vorgeil possibly power)
what this deal, self curse, self punishment Type?

reaching or nah?

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I think after this arc we will get a Chart like the five element of jutsu and nen chart. The author throws a lots of terminology lately, and after this arc we might get a proper chart explanation

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I think that guy with the machine guy's ability is Unarmed. In No Guns Life, there is a similar concept, so seeing his ability made me think of that.
Was glad to see more of Tatiana characterization, solid stuff. Though I don't think her ability will work on Rip because of that Latla chic, it should take out the two she is currently fighting.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think that guy with the machine guy's ability is Unarmed. In No Guns Life, there is a similar concept, so seeing his ability made me think of that.
Was glad to see more of Tatiana characterization, solid stuff. Though I don't think her ability will work on Rip because of that Latla chic, it should take out the two she is currently fighting.
That would be pretty cool as it would mean the concept of arms was introduced by an UMA and before that humans could have only killed each other with their bare hands or simple tools found in nature like stone and wood. I am not sure if Tatiana will kill both of the Negators at once, after all there should be some beef left for later and a humiliated enemy who returns for revenge might be a good path to take therefor.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I am not sure if Tatiana will kill both of the Negators at once, after all there should be some beef left for later and a humiliated enemy who returns for revenge might be a good path to take therefor.
Ah, by take out I mean knock them unconscious :p We don't know the abilities of her enemies as well, so it is far too early for them to lose.

That would be pretty cool as it would mean the concept of arms was introduced by an UMA and before that humans could have only killed each other with their bare hands or simple tools found in nature like stone and wood.
Oh, I like this idea a lot. It is probably one of the 98 punishments that have been handed down, kind of like the languages and death.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
the consensus (on the reddit) is the Titiana is UN-touchable (and her name has kanji for touch)

what about UN-stable? UMA Touchable does not sound cool whatsoever, but UMA Stable kinda makes sense. Before UMA Stable, the world is always in an unstable state

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Untouchable seems more fitting. Her ability wasn't triggered by touch. And she seems to have anger issues.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd be angry too if I couldn't touch anything anymore. After all we see that Tatiana has to sleep inside her ball as there is a holder for her ball but no real bed for the user in it. We see that it is her robot who hugs and caress the teddybears, not her own hands. We see that Billy is feeding Tatiana inside her ball with a large polearm. And given we only saw her long hair from behind, she might not even be able to wear clothes. I think truly nobody and nothing can touch Tatiana, she on her own would be unable to grab a fork to take a bite, when she got her power when her predecessor died, it meant she no longer could touch her family, her friends, her toys, even the ground would have rejected her, like being in endless fall despite hovering above ground. She and Fuuko share a similar fate although in a way Tatiana's is worse as Fuuko would still be able to live her life on her own as long as she avoids people, she on the other hand needs Nico's Ball invention else she would probably be hardly in control of anything and die due hunger and thirst.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What about the robot she pilots then?

And there is the trigger issue.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I bet it works with brain waves or something, Nico is smart enough after all to think of a way of how an untouchable person can at least fight in some manners. After all it seems her robot ball body is her first weapon and her Un-power is just there as a weapon if nothing else goes. As for the trigger I'd say her emotions. Let's not forget that when she got scared Nico was like "everyone in one km radius RUN!" but when Fuuko calmed her down, her power just went "wush" and it was gone. Meaning if her emotions are not under control it destroys a large area and if she controls her emotions she can decide whenever or not to make use of it by leaving the body of her ball robot.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think all of this doesn't go well together. Fuuko for example gives bad luck to anyone touching her regardless of her emotional state. If Tatiana is similar why are her emotions important? Unlike Tatiana Fuuuko can't stop the effects once Unluck is activated.

Plus apparently her ability has a wide range. If she was like Shigaraki from example, she wouldn't need the mecha, Fuuko herself covers her whole body.

My guess is that she has a deformity, making her look ugly to most, people used to make fun of her/avoid her in the past and such things affect her emotions which trigger her ability. The mecha is she going the extra mile to be sure that no one sees her, and it's also a convenient weapon.

Last edited:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's not true, Fuuko was able to touch Victhor/Victor and nothing happened to him, so her emotional state regarding the one she is touching is very important. When she touched her grandpa he only got a backpain whereas when she touched her parents they died in a plane explosion. So her emotions play a huge role similar to how Shen has to be "fond" of his target to be able to use his power on people so does Fuuko need to "love/care" the ones she touch to bring them appropriate Unluck. If she hates them then she can touch them all she wants like she did with Victor using her boobs as weapons, that would have killed Andy in like three different ways with Victor nothing happened.
So it isn't that farfetched to assume that, at least partly, Emotions also play a rule for Tatiana to use her powers. It might not be all that is needed to activate her power but her emotions might play a part in how strong her powers are when used.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Man now i really want a chart with an explanation now
probably Nico will deliver