Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 713 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol, no bro. You acting like this wasn’t something people spent months going back and forth about because of your newfound dislike for my opinion is hilarious. Popularity out here rewriting history and shit. All because I won’t jump on the Laxus power came from his lacrima not his genes bandwagon or redo my scaling based on your opinion. That’s the joke.
His power did come from his lacrima whether you want to accept it or not. All your opinions are bs. Ivan being Gildarts rival, pretending like the lacrima didn't boost Laxus and shit like that lmao.

You say FT members are country or continental level but haven't shown proof. You say Acnologia and FH Zeref are planet busters.

You say EOS Elfman and EOS Wendy will surpass August.......

You ignore feats just to justify empty statements.

Nobody is going back and forth. This is you against everyone because you're trying so hard to make something reality.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
His power did come from his lacrima whether you want to accept it or not. All your opinions are bs. Ivan being Gildarts rival, pretending like the lacrima didn't boost Laxus and shit like that lmao.

You say FT members are country or continental level but haven't shown proof. You say Acnologia and FH Zeref are planet busters.

You say EOS Elfman and EOS Wendy will surpass August.......

You ignore feats just to justify empty statements.

Nobody is going back and forth. This is you against everyone because you're trying so hard to make something reality.
I’m not pretending like the Lacrima didn’t boost Laxus. I clearly stated over several pages that Laxus massive power is because he’s Makarov’s grandson, not because of the Lacrima. Being a sickly child doesn’t preclude that fact. An makes very little sense as an argument being as many children are weaker and sickly (preemies, childhood asthma) and grow out of it. I find it amusing my stating this and standing by it causes your butt so much pain. Lord forbid I think Laxus would have been strong either way. An it’s not like every major opponent he’s had all series hasn’t mentioned his bloodline in connection with his power. So far be it from me to argue that the Lacrima’s contribution is irrelevant to his overall stats at this point. (Clearly super important to his hax as it’s why he’s a DS.)

Yeah, I remember the interview I read it, and it being mentioned since. Luckily, I’ve got more proof of a rivalry, being Gildarts only listed dislike, than the large portion of the fandom convinced 2nd gen are the only ones without Dragon Force. An no more in manga evidence than my comments about Hiro keeping Laxus grounded because he’s too strong. Y’all swore up and down that was my headcannon too, until somebody had the time to find the interview. I can wait to be proven right again, because I don’t have time to go searching for it. Again, I’m amused this bothers you so much.

The same Elfman who just stalemated the guys who no diffed Gray & Natsu an arc ago? Wendy who was compared to Irene back in Alvarez, and is now set to learn from her? Yes, it’s a giant jump in logic to think that when FT is over, and they’re all shown as adults, this same growth pattern won’t have made all the fighting members of Tenrou massively stronger. Like, again, his performance against Madmole. Which, since Madmole and Skullion have to be at least Mid tier Spriggan based on their feats, isn’t a giant leap in ability or strength. Would you have imagine Elfman would be stronger than Jura?

Oh? What feats have I ignored?

No, this is me against everyone because the rest of the Laxus fans got bored arguing Sharkai and left, and my boredom leads me to keep going. Now, weeks later it’s just nitpicking my opinion because you guys going THATS NOT WHAT WE THINK, wasn’t enough to change my mind. Then again, we read the same manga and several of you are genuinely heartfelt convinced there was never a gap between Laxus and Erza, so why would I be bothered we don’t agree on this?

You don’t like my opinions, fine. Cool thing is, their mine. Based on what has happened so far in the manga. We can debate for as long as you like, but if frustration that I won’t capitulate to your view means we end up in an actual argument. I suggest you bow out now bro. Barring a Hiro reveal (RL), or an amazing point or my just genuinely missing something on all these reads. This is where I’m at with it. An I genuinely love debating, so the entire thread, or forum disagreeing with me ain’t no thing. I mean I spend most of my free time on battle boards and most of those guys think FT is small Island and that Goku isn’t planetary. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I’m not pretending like the Lacrima didn’t boost Laxus. I clearly stated over several pages that Laxus massive power is because he’s Makarov’s grandson, not because of the Lacrima. Being a sickly child doesn’t preclude that fact. An makes very little sense as an argument being as many children are weaker and sickly (preemies, childhood asthma) and grow out of it. I find it amusing my stating this and standing by it causes your butt so much pain. Lord forbid I think Laxus would have been strong either way. An it’s not like every major opponent he’s had all series hasn’t mentioned his bloodline in connection with his power. So far be it from me to argue that the Lacrima’s contribution is irrelevant to his overall stats at this point. (Clearly super important to his hax as it’s why he’s a DS.)

Yeah, I remember the interview I read it, and it being mentioned since. Luckily, I’ve got more proof of a rivalry, being Gildarts only listed dislike, than the large portion of the fandom convinced 2nd gen are the only ones without Dragon Force. An no more in manga evidence than my comments about Hiro keeping Laxus grounded because he’s too strong. Y’all swore up and down that was my headcannon too, until somebody had the time to find the interview. I can wait to be proven right again, because I don’t have time to go searching for it. Again, I’m amused this bothers you so much.

The same Elfman who just stalemated the guys who no diffed Gray & Natsu an arc ago? Wendy who was compared to Irene back in Alvarez, and is now set to learn from her? Yes, it’s a giant jump in logic to think that when FT is over, and they’re all shown as adults, this same growth pattern won’t have made all the fighting members of Tenrou massively stronger. Like, again, his performance against Madmole. Which, since Madmole and Skullion have to be at least Mid tier Spriggan based on their feats, isn’t a giant leap in ability or strength. Would you have imagine Elfman would be stronger than Jura?

Oh? What feats have I ignored?

No, this is me against everyone because the rest of the Laxus fans got bored arguing Sharkai and left, and my boredom leads me to keep going. Now, weeks later it’s just nitpicking my opinion because you guys going THATS NOT WHAT WE THINK, wasn’t enough to change my mind. Then again, we read the same manga and several of you are genuinely heartfelt convinced there was never a gap between Laxus and Erza, so why would I be bothered we don’t agree on this?

You don’t like my opinions, fine. Cool thing is, their mine. Based on what has happened so far in the manga. We can debate for as long as you like, but if frustration that I won’t capitulate to your view means we end up in an actual argument. I suggest you bow out now bro. Barring a Hiro reveal (RL), or an amazing point or my just genuinely missing something on all these reads. This is where I’m at with it. An I genuinely love debating, so the entire thread, or forum disagreeing with me ain’t no thing. I mean I spend most of my free time on battle boards and most of those guys think FT is small Island and that Goku isn’t planetary. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Laxus was weak. Lacrima made him strong. Not that hard. No paragraph needed. Catch my drift?

No one's bothered. You saying it's out there but you're too busy to find it is headcanon otherwise. Not a single thing in the manga shows that they were rivals. Like none...... At all. And there is still no proof of 2nd gens having a DF either. Some dragon scales doesn't make you right...... So everytime a DF has been shown is been explicitly said to be it but all of a sudden Laxus no? That doesn't hold much water.

Madmole never no diffed Gray or Natsu. Natsu did something Elfman couldn't..... Ko him for a little bit. Only time Elfman "beat" Natsu was when he capitalized on his motion sickness. Other than that.... Nothing. Gray was stomped by Skullion.... Not Madmole and if Mira doesn't think she can beat him (given that Mira is tiers above Elfman), Skullion would have no difficulty with Elfman either. August had the power to solo the entire Guild.... Now Elfman is going to surpass that? Wendy is so far below Irene it's funny. I don't know why you're trying to imply they're somewhat relative... What is a mid tier spriggan to you? Invel, Wahl? because those guys would slap Skullion and Madmole around like it's nothing.

You say Jura is Gildarts tier because Makarov says so. Makarov doesn't know what Gildarts tier is. Gildarts had trouble with Bluenote because of Azuma but you neglect that and say Bluenote is basically Gildarts equal. Literally when Azuma went down, Gildarts broke his black hole and one shot him. This proves Jura wasn't.

Were all Laxus fans. My old username proves that😂. I've said many times before I believe that there was a gap so you're point regarding that is pointless. You're trying to make it seem like were all Laxus haters because we don't put him on the same stool you do.

Cool. Facts =/= Opinion. Now show me one thing that makes the top tiers of FT at country level. Anything. DC wise they're like large island. AP wise.... I don't know you tell me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We can debate for as long as you like, but if frustration that I won’t capitulate to your view means we end up in an actual argument. I suggest you bow out now bro.
I don't care of you agree with me..... But when you nitpick things to fit your agenda, it gets annoying.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus was weak. Lacrima made him strong. Not that hard. No paragraph needed. Catch my drift?

No one's bothered. You saying it's out there but you're too busy to find it is headcanon otherwise. Not a single thing in the manga shows that they were rivals. Like none...... At all. And there is still no proof of 2nd gens having a DF either. Some dragon scales doesn't make you right...... So everytime a DF has been shown is been explicitly said to be it but all of a sudden Laxus no? That doesn't hold much water.

Madmole never no diffed Gray or Natsu. Natsu did something Elfman couldn't..... Ko him for a little bit. Only time Elfman "beat" Natsu was when he capitalized on his motion sickness. Other than that.... Nothing. Gray was stomped by Skullion.... Not Madmole and if Mira doesn't think she can beat him (given that Mira is tiers above Elfman), Skullion would have no difficulty with Elfman either. August had the power to solo the entire Guild.... Now Elfman is going to surpass that? Wendy is so far below Irene it's funny. I don't know why you're trying to imply they're somewhat relative... What is a mid tier spriggan to you? Invel, Wahl? because those guys would slap Skullion and Madmole around like it's nothing.

You say Jura is Gildarts tier because Makarov says so. Makarov doesn't know what Gildarts tier is. Gildarts had trouble with Bluenote because of Azuma but you neglect that and say Bluenote is basically Gildarts equal. Literally when Azuma went down, Gildarts broke his black hole and one shot him. This proves Jura wasn't.

Were all Laxus fans. My old username proves that😂. I've said many times before I believe that there was a gap so you're point regarding that is pointless. You're trying to make it seem like were all Laxus haters because we don't put him on the same stool you do.

Cool. Facts =/= Opinion. Now show me one thing that makes the top tiers of FT at country level. Anything. DC wise they're like large island. AP wise.... I don't know you tell me.

I don't care of you agree with me..... But when you nitpick things to fit your agenda, it gets annoying.
That’s not what it says though. It says his body was weak. An no where does it say it’s why he’s so strong now. No paragraph, no confusion.

Well I’m glad you aren’t. An yeah, crazy idea I only have soo much free time, and searching the internet for an old interview to defend an offhandedly stated opinion against somebody, doesn’t make the list.

Ok cool, lets ignore that it’s always shouted out by a knowledgeable person. Which neither Natsu or Gajeel is in the ways of magic. Now other than that circumstantial argument show me another explanation for a dragon slayer having a power boost and growing scales. That or where it states, no surmising, but point blank stated they don’t have DF. I will wait.

So are we doing the same things folks did with Kiria? We gunna ignore that his first showing is Madmole tanking FDK demo fist and taking Natsu out of the fight? Also that he literally got back up the next chapter from the new FDK attack Natsu used on him. That and the direct comparison to Madmole that Wraith makes when confronted with Natsu? Elfman forced Madmole to admit he couldn’t take him down. That solidly places Elfman on the same tier as Natsu, Gray, and the rest.

Yeah, Invel. That guy Gray bested back in Alverez. Question, do you still rank him over Gray? Cause otherwise how would he achieve this goal? He couldn’t even one shot Gray. A much weaker one at that. An are we ignoring that Wendy Belserion was said to not be as much weaker than Irene as expected. She can still tap that form and is being shown how to harness it. If that isn’t how an author sets up one character to surpass another I don’t know what is. Also, why does the idea that EOS will have them all that strong bother you? I mean it’s regular shounen logic.

So now Makarov doesn’t know what he’a talking about? You have an entire arc of people explaining just how powerful this man is. We have the Mira comment that people have an issue with as well. At this point your argument is literally, Makarov doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but is correct about every other magical statement he makes in the series. He just saw Gildarts 3 months ago, when he tried to make him master. He’s the only one to sense Ajeel approaching in the sand, but this master of magic can’t sense it well enough to know if he should compare someone to his strongest child. He got this one wrong. An all of this because he lost to Laxus? You realize people can be the same tier without being exact equals in strength? Like Goku & Vegeta. Also, what does Bluenote have to do with any of this? The salient point of that arc is Hades statement.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Bruh what? 😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🙄

Where did I say you werent a Laxus fan? I said the Laxus fans stopped debating Sharkai because it got boring, and I didnt. Now it’s me defending my opinions because you all don’t agree. I didn’t say anything about nobody liking Laxus. You keep half arguing points I ain’t really make bro.

Universe 1, Ars Magis, Etherion, Laxus Nuke, Irene’s Sema...like are you serious?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help, I don’t know how you debate, but my opinion is informed based on what I read. What you call nitpicking works as a complaint in reverse. Since at this point the entire issue is me not seeing it your way and making no buts about it.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That’s not what it says though. It says his body was weak. An no where does it say it’s why he’s so strong now. No paragraph, no confusion.

Well I’m glad you aren’t. An yeah, crazy idea I only have soo much free time, and searching the internet for an old interview to defend an offhandedly stated opinion against somebody, doesn’t make the list.

Ok cool, lets ignore that it’s always shouted out by a knowledgeable person. Which neither Natsu or Gajeel is in the ways of magic. Now other than that circumstantial argument show me another explanation for a dragon slayer having a power boost and growing scales. That or where it states, no surmising, but point blank stated they don’t have DF. I will wait.

So are we doing the same things folks did with Kiria? We gunna ignore that his first showing is Madmole tanking FDK demo fist and taking Natsu out of the fight? Also that he literally got back up the next chapter from the new FDK attack Natsu used on him. That and the direct comparison to Madmole that Wraith makes when confronted with Natsu? Elfman forced Madmole to admit he couldn’t take him down. That solidly places Elfman on the same tier as Natsu, Gray, and the rest.

Yeah, Invel. That guy Gray bested back in Alverez. Question, do you still rank him over Gray? Cause otherwise how would he achieve this goal? He couldn’t even one shot Gray. A much weaker one at that. An are we ignoring that Wendy Belserion was said to not be as much weaker than Irene as expected. She can still tap that form and is being shown how to harness it. If that isn’t how an author sets up one character to surpass another I don’t know what is. Also, why does the idea that EOS will have them all that strong bother you? I mean it’s regular shounen logic.

So now Makarov doesn’t know what he’a talking about? You have an entire arc of people explaining just how powerful this man is. We have the Mira comment that people have an issue with as well. At this point your argument is literally, Makarov doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but is correct about every other magical statement he makes in the series. He just saw Gildarts 3 months ago, when he tried to make him master. He’s the only one to sense Ajeel approaching in the sand, but this master of magic can’t sense it well enough to know if he should compare someone to his strongest child. He got this one wrong. An all of this because he lost to Laxus? You realize people can be the same tier without being exact equals in strength? Like Goku & Vegeta. Also, what does Bluenote have to do with any of this? The salient point of that arc is Hades statement.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Bruh what? 😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🙄

Where did I say you werent a Laxus fan? I said the Laxus fans stopped debating Sharkai because it got boring, and I didnt. Now it’s me defending my opinions because you all don’t agree. I didn’t say anything about nobody liking Laxus. You keep half arguing points I ain’t really make bro.

Universe 1, Ars Magis, Etherion, Laxus Nuke, Irene’s Sema...like are you serious?

Maybe this will help, I don’t know how you debate, but my opinion is informed based on what I read. What you call nitpicking works as a complaint in reverse. Since at this point the entire issue is me not seeing it your way and making not buts about it.
[/QUOTE]

You made the claim that he was his rival..... Back it up. Lolz. If you truly are too busy, then don't complain when we call headcanon when it's not mentioned anywhere in the manga or anime.

Dragon slayers know what DF is. Non Dragon slayer know what DF is. So Minerva knows what it is but Gajeel and Natsu don't? Cool. And no, Gajeel and Natsu know what DF is too.

You said Elfman no diffed Gray and Natsu. First he never fought Gray and he never no diffed Natsu. He tanked a couple of his hits but Natsu inflicted more damage. How is that no diffing someone. Elfman has not established on the same tier as Natsu. He did less to Madmole than what Nasu did.

Invel killed Gray. Without Juvia, Graywouldnt be alive today. Do I think Gray can beat Invel now? No. Since he can't access his extreme PoF whenever he wants and by then.... Invel wins. Wendy Belserion
was using like 1% of Irene's power. She was no where near as powerful as the original.

Re read what I said regarding Gildarts. The point completely missed you.

You keep implying that somehow we all don't like Laxus because we disagree with you lol.

I said show me where members of FT are country or continental level. Laxus' nuke isn't country level. His nuke was as big as Tenrou.

Maybe this will help, I don’t know how you debate, but my opinion is informed based on what I read. What you call nitpicking works as a complaint in reverse. Since at this point the entire issue is me not seeing it your way and making not buts about it.
That's not what the debate is about......lol. I called out on some things I disagree with and now you're saying I'm frustrated because I can't "bring you to my side."

If you don't wanna debate then tell me, I don't mind.

This is nowhere near a country level attack

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
You made the claim that he was his rival..... Back it up. Lolz. If you truly are too busy, then don't complain when we call headcanon when it's not mentioned anywhere in the manga or anime.

Dragon slayers know what DF is. Non Dragon slayer know what DF is. So Minerva knows what it is but Gajeel and Natsu don't? Cool. And no, Gajeel and Natsu know what DF is too.

You said Elfman no diffed Gray and Natsu. First he never fought Gray and he never no diffed Natsu. He tanked a couple of his hits but Natsu inflicted more damage. How is that no diffing someone. Elfman has not established on the same tier as Natsu. He did less to Madmole than what Nasu did.

Invel killed Gray. Without Juvia, Graywouldnt be alive today. Do I think Gray can beat Invel now? No. Since he can't access his extreme PoF whenever he wants and by then.... Invel wins. Wendy Belserion
was using like 1% of Irene's power. She was no where near as powerful as the original.

Re read what I said regarding Gildarts. The point completely missed you.

You keep implying that somehow we all don't like Laxus because we disagree with you lol.

I said show me where members of FT are country or continental level. Laxus' nuke isn't country level. His nuke was as big as Tenrou.

That's not what the debate is about......lol. I called out on some things I disagree with and now you're saying I'm frustrated because I can't "bring you to my side."

If you don't wanna debate then tell me, I don't mind.

This is nowhere near a country level attack
[/QUOTE]

I’m not complaining that your calling it headcannon. It was an offhand comment not a major point I need to prove. I’m complaining about the attitude that comes with you calling it headcannon. You don’t have to believe me, but the sass is unecessary.

Where is an instance of Natsu being the one to stop and explain the intricate workings of magic? When does Gajeel offer to explain what happening to everyone? The crux of your argument relies on them having said something, when it’s out of character. Also, did you happen to bring that proof I asked for? No? So still an opinion with no official statement either way on the matter. Got it.

No, I didnt. I said he just stalemated two guys who no diffed them. An in their original encounter Madmole and Skullion put Natsu and Gray down with no discernible effort, and at this point neither has successfully put down the Diablos member responsible. Natsu got one good spell off, and buddy was right back on his feet. He only left because Skullion made a call. Elfman is the only person so far to make Madmole admit defeat or that he was struggling with him. Also, hey, I know it’s a nitpick, but can we please stick to debating what I actually say, and not whatever it is your reading?

An again, a major difference of opinion. Invel stands no chance against Gray now. He really only did well against him based on hax, not pure magic power. An knowing how to get around his hax, wouldn’t hold a candle to where Gray and the gang are now. I would think by this point in the manga folks would have noticed that whatever they needed POF for last arc is around where their base power is the next arc. An the Wendy tidbit is interesting, since it seems like another soft retcon as there was a direct point made that Irene didn’t bring her own magic to Wendy Belserion, just her experience and skill. That being said, my point stands as she was already stated to have potential that rivals hers and is now actively given access to her knowledgeable and tutelage. Honestly, I don’t get what makes you think the cast won’t be that strong.

It missed by a country mile my guy. Your insistence that Gildarts is massively superior to Bluenote makes no sense as a counter argument to my Laxus has been closer to Gildarts than Erza argument. Especially since Stinger was able to challenge Gildarts, which makes him more impressive than that arcs Erza, and even get his first shown named spell. It’s still irrelevant though because my argument is based around Hades statement about Makarov having another soldier of Gildarts caliber. So again, don’t get your point.

Where? You keep saying this, but aren’t providing me with evidence. An what you did offer, was something you inferred that I never said or hinted at. Which is confusing because I’m normally quite direct.

The height it reached belies that the circumference would be larger, though as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t do the calcs for these. That being said, I find it interesting that you ignored all the other examples given to focus on the Laxus one. So are we just ignoring feats that disagree with our assessment?

You keep complaining bro, and you read as frustrated. If you say you aren’t then I’ll believe you. An yeah, the entire debate at this point is you trying to point out to me the flaws in my opinion, which are essentially all the parts I disagree with you on. An I don’t have time to waste, ergo spending hours or minutes or however long it would end up being looking for evidence to convince you of points I don’t really need you to believe. This is a past time, it’s supposed to be fun.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Where is an instance of Natsu being the one to stop and explain the intricate workings of magic? When does Gajeel offer to explain what happening to everyone? The crux of your argument relies on them having said something, when it’s out of character. Also, did you happen to bring that proof I asked for? No? So still an opinion with no official statement either way on the matter. Got it.
Yeah same as you claiming Laxus having DF. Why don't bring a panel where it says that he is using DF because going off with your headcanon. Every time DS has entered DF, Mashima has stated as such.

No, I didnt. I said he just stalemated two guys who no diffed them. An in their original encounter Madmole and Skullion put Natsu and Gray down with no discernible effort, and at this point neither has successfully put down the Diablos member responsible. Natsu got one good spell off, and buddy was right back on his feet. He only left because Skullion made a call. Elfman is the only person so far to make Madmole admit defeat or that he was struggling with him. Also, hey, I know it’s a nitpick, but can we please stick to debating what I actually say, and not whatever it is your reading?
Madmole never admitted defeat against Elfman. Don't know where you're pulling these off. He told that he was strong nothing more. Skullion and Madmole have already said the same about Natsu and Erza as well. Doesn't change the fact that Natsu did more damage to Madmole than Elfman ever did. Madmole only defeated Natsu because of his motion sickness.

It missed by a country mile my guy. Your insistence that Gildarts is massively superior to Bluenote makes no sense as a counter argument to my Laxus has been closer to Gildarts than Erza argument. Especially since Stinger was able to challenge Gildarts, which makes him more impressive than that arcs Erza, and even get his first shown named spell. It’s still irrelevant though because my argument is based around Hades statement about Makarov having another soldier of Gildarts caliber. So again, don’t get your point.
Who cares about Hades' statement. Feats > Statements. Bluenote only lasted against Gildarts as long as he did was only Azuma was draining his power by destroying the Tenrou Tree. But when his power came back, Gildarts one-shotted him. Laxus is the same guy who couldn't block Amaterasu Formula 25. Even Makaraov took something better than that.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah same as you claiming Laxus having DF. Why don't bring a panel where it says that he is using DF because going off with your headcanon. Every time DS has entered DF, Mashima has stated as such.

Madmole never admitted defeat against Elfman. Don't know where you're pulling these off. He told that he was strong nothing more. Skullion and Madmole have already said the same about Natsu and Erza as well. Doesn't change the fact that Natsu did more damage to Madmole than Elfman ever did. Madmole only defeated Natsu because of his motion sickness.

Who cares about Hades' statement. Feats > Statements. Bluenote only lasted against Gildarts as long as he did was only Azuma was draining his power by destroying the Tenrou Tree. But when his power came back, Gildarts one-shotted him. Laxus is the same guy who couldn't block Amaterasu Formula 25. Even Makaraov took something better than that.
Basically this.

That being said, I find it interesting that you ignored all the other examples given to focus on the Laxus one. So are we just ignoring feats that disagree with our assessment?
I said FT members. Wahl isn't a Ft member and neither is Irene.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States

I’ve explained several times why I think it’s Dragon Force. An aside from him not stating outright I haven’t heard any evidence for why it’s not. I freely admit to no hard proof other that what’s been mentioned. Did you have hard proof that it wasn’t Dragon Force. This is my third time asking this afternoon.

You mean when Mira says they can’t beat them, and Skullion replies the same is true for them, and then Madmole says their strong? The understanding there is that their saying they can’t beat them In combat. I could have understood it wrong, but seems like a stretch. An since Madmole was up and moving after both attacks, neither of them have anything to brag on yet.

Statements beat feats when the feats contradict the statements. Like for example, feats, Hades used a higher spell against Makarov than Hades. Statements, the spell against Makarov was just a bomb. The spell against Laxus was designed to seal his movement and most mages kill themselves just trying to block it. None of which matters because it doesn’t invalidate Hades statement. Laxus still has the more impressive showing against him, he did more damage to Hades than anybody until he gave power to Natsu. An he tanks more spells than Grampa.

Basically this.

I said FT members. Wahl isn't a Ft member and neither is Irene.
Wahl used Etherion against an already dying Laxus because it’s the calculated move to kill him. A country level attack for a dying man. Not to mention his Nuke against Ajeel has the necessary power to kill a country lvl Ajeel according to August. Unless his only mistake in the entire manga is also in judging Laxus’ attack that he himself blocked.

An are we ignoring that Erza blocked that move with 1 arm? At the tail end of her Alvarez adventures? This is the part where folks criticize the writing, completely ignoring the fact it’s a direct shout out to when Goku beat King Piccolo, forgetting that it’s cannon popular or not. These two direct comparisons are why I mentioned the attacks I did.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wahl used Etherion against an already dying Laxus because it’s the calculated move to kill him. A country level attack for a dying man. Not to mention his Nuke against Ajeel has the necessary power to kill a country lvl Ajeel according to August. Unless his only mistake in the entire manga is also in judging Laxus’ attack that he himself blocked.
Yea... That doesn't make Laxus country level. That makes Wahl it. It's overkill, same as Irene's Sema. Ajeel denied it so August could be wrong. However, I don't think it is.

With the most extreme PoF? Yea.... Not a regular thing.

Is Natsu a planet buster because he beat FH Zeref.... Twice.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea... That doesn't make Laxus country level. That makes Wahl it. It's overkill, same as Irene's Sema. Ajeel denied it so August could be wrong. However, I don't think it is.

With the most extreme PoF? Yea.... Not a regular thing.

Is Natsu a planet buster because he beat FH Zeref.... Twice.
Ok, here’s where your counter argument falls apart. Being able to survive that lvl of attack requires the necessary magical power. An as shown throughout the series if you aren’t sufficiently strong your magic will have no effect on your opponent. An according to August that effortless Nuke would have killed Ajeel. An Wahl’s computer brain said he needed to use Etherion to make sure he died. That’s two feats to choose from.

She uses it every arc. An I just explained about the sliding power scale. Fact of the matter is Erza can bust that out whenever she wants, her feats support it.

That depends on how you calc that move and what you rate him. Trust that I can find 10 people right now on my battle board who will argue this with you. Especially now that both movies are canon.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok, here’s where your counter argument falls apart. Being able to survive that lvl of attack requires the necessary magical power. An as shown throughout the series if you aren’t sufficiently strong your magic will have no effect on your opponent. An according to August that effortless Nuke would have killed Ajeel. An Wahl’s computer brain said he needed to use Etherion to make sure he died. That’s two feats to choose from.
That would work only if it was confirmed to kill him.... Which Ajeel denied. It was overkill, Assault mode was working perfectly before he went idiotic.

Erza can't pull off extreme PoF circumstances whenever she wants. Her breaking Sema was lol. If she could use PoF whenever she wants at that rate she would've slapped Laxus.

Wow.... You can get 10 people that can argue Natsu is a planet buster but can't beat Madmole? Bring em over lol. What kinda dumbass reasoning is that. Should I bring 10 people that disagree with you? Lol

Natsu is a planet buster but apparently according to you got no diffed by Madmole. Solar system level Madmole.

Pointless debate. I'm gonna sleep.

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nobody knew anything. Some people thought it was an asspull, some thought it was something he absorbed, some thought it was a spell straight from Yuri 🙄
that what i meant
everyone other than laxus die hard fans knew it was an asspull
those fans normally try to make laxus like he is written by some other auther. this forum is full of them

as for me, i had a good laugh when laxus pulled an erza against wahl :XD :XD

It’s still irrelevant though because my argument is based around Hades statement about Makarov having another soldier of Gildarts caliber.
dude hades statement is not cannon

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
That would work only if it was confirmed to kill him.... Which Ajeel denied. It was overkill, Assault mode was working perfectly before he went idiotic.

Erza can't pull off extreme PoF circumstances whenever she wants. Her breaking Sema was lol. If she could use PoF whenever she wants at that rate she would've slapped Laxus.

Wow.... You can get 10 people that can argue Natsu is a planet buster but can't beat Madmole? Bring em over lol. What kinda dumbass reasoning is that. Should I bring 10 people that disagree with you? Lol

Natsu is a planet buster but apparently according to you got no diffed by Madmole. Solar system level Madmole.

Pointless debate. I'm gonna sleep.
Ajeel, a young cocky asshole who thought he could defeat all of Ishgar alone, but lost to Elfman. The Spriggan Elfman beat is the more reputable source. Is more trustworthy than August, The King of Magic on the strength of a blow he was literally cowering from while August actually blocked the attack. Really bro? 🤔 An Wahl went psycho because his scans let him calculate Laxus wouldn’t last 3 minutes or whatever his timer said, and Laxus ate everything the threw at him even with his attack.

Erza can use POF whenever she wants. It has never failed when attempted. Though I agree, it’s effects are nullified by the guild mark.

Again, you’re arguing a point I didn’t make. Did I say I thought Natsu was planetary for that? I said I know 10 people, more then that dude, who would argue the point. I know a guy who ranks Natsu, Zeref, the Dragon Gods and others were multiversal, and he be dead ass. 😐 Doubt they’ll argue it enough to sign up for a site they aren’t already a part of though. My point was it depends on your scaling and what you argue.

He did get no diffed. Madmole bested Natsu with hax and brains, the combination everybody else keeps complaining the last enemies lacked the basic intelligence to employ. That’s how their first fight went. Which he could be the same tier as base Natsu and accomplish.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ajeel, a young cocky asshole who thought he could defeat all of Ishgar alone, but lost to Elfman. The Spriggan Elfman beat is the more reputable source. Is more trustworthy than August, The King of Magic on the strength of a blow he was literally cowering from while August actually blocked the attack. Really bro? 🤔 An Wahl went psycho because his scans let him calculate Laxus wouldn’t last 3 minutes or whatever his timer said, and Laxus ate everything the threw at him even with his attack.

Erza can use POF whenever she wants. It has never failed when attempted. Though I agree, it’s effects are nullified by the guild mark.

Again, you’re arguing a point I didn’t make. Did I say I thought Natsu was planetary for that? I said I know 10 people, more then that dude, who would argue the point. I know a guy who ranks Natsu, Zeref, the Dragon Gods and others were multiversal, and he be dead ass. 😐 Doubt they’ll argue it enough to sign up for a site they aren’t already a part of though. My point was it depends on your scaling and what you argue.

He did get no diffed. Madmole bested Natsu with hax and brains, the combination everybody else keeps complaining the last enemies lacked the basic intelligence to employ. That’s how their first fight went. Which he could be the same tier as base Natsu and accomplish.
Just like you're argument with second gen DF. There's no concrete evidence. Ajeel denies it.

PoF differs. Everyone can fight for their friends... They've been doing it this whole time. But to break meteor with one arm when all your bones are broken whenever you want? Stretch

Those ppl stupid and that one dude who says multiversal is either Jason Kieffer or an idiot.

He bested him because of motion sickness. Put em on a field and I guarantee you that's not happening.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I’ve explained several times why I think it’s Dragon Force. An aside from him not stating outright I haven’t heard any evidence for why it’s not. I freely admit to no hard proof other that what’s been mentioned. Did you have hard proof that it wasn’t Dragon Force. This is my third time asking this afternoon.
Proof is that Mashima has always said explicitly when someone has entered Dragon Force. Even for Natsu no matter how many times he has done. If he Laxus had DF he would have said so.

You mean when Mira says they can’t beat them, and Skullion replies the same is true for them, and then Madmole says their strong? The understanding there is that their saying they can’t beat them In combat. I could have understood it wrong, but seems like a stretch. An since Madmole was up and moving after both attacks, neither of them have anything to brag on yet.
So how does this proves Madmole admitting defeat. Skullion retreated after seeing what Natsu did to Madmole and he did more damage to him than Elfman ever did. Madmole was moving fine as well after his fight against Elfman.

Statements beat feats when the feats contradict the statements. Like for example, feats, Hades used a higher spell against Makarov than Hades. Statements, the spell against Makarov was just a bomb. The spell against Laxus was designed to seal his movement and most mages kill themselves just trying to block it. None of which matters because it doesn’t invalidate Hades statement. Laxus still has the more impressive showing against him, he did more damage to Hades than anybody until he gave power to Natsu. An he tanks more spells than Grampa.
Statements never beats feats. Feats greater than statement. Lol Don't take things out of your ass. Show me where it says Hades cast it stop Laxus movements. That's nothing but your headcanon. Amaterasu formula 100 > Amaterasu formula 20. I hope you know how to do math. Makarov defended agains stronger version of the spell easily while Laxus was hit by a weaker one and on his knees. He never did tank more spells than Makarov as well

Lol thats your argument. Magic himself was nothing more than Old Hag who was seeking attention from his father at his age. He kept saying same old phrase like a maniac his entire fight against Gildarts. He is not wise at anything.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
that what i meant
everyone other than laxus die hard fans knew it was an asspull
those fans normally try to make laxus like he is written by some other auther. this forum is full of them

as for me, i had a good laugh when laxus pulled an erza against wahl :XD :XD

dude hades statement is not cannon
That’s definitely easy to claim in hindsight. An still a different statement than any implication I alone held the belief. An it could easily have turned out to be a family trait, or left behind spell no different author or required. Hiro clarified himself and that’s that on the matter. Classic shounen power up, asspulls with training implied but not shown. (unless you read the Dragon Slayer series) It doesn’t diminish the moment enough to be major to me. Enjoy your victory, it was well earned. An a fair price to pay for the new form it brought.

At this point all the differences in the other media has either been referenced in later arcs in source, or verbally explained by Mashima. The only exception is the crossovers as of yet.

Just like you're argument with second gen DF. There's no concrete evidence. Ajeel denies it.

PoF differs. Everyone can fight for their friends... They've been doing it this whole time. But to break meteor with one arm when all your bones are broken whenever you want? Stretch

Those ppl stupid and that one dude who says multiversal is either Jason Kieffer or an idiot.

He bested him because of motion sickness. Put em on a field and I guarantee you that's not happening.
You believe Ajeel, I’ll believe The Magic King.

So is winning with no senses. It’s what erza does.

Different Jason. Crazy coincidence though.

He did it though. An then he tanked two FDK attacks the next time. He’s doing pretty well.

Proof is that Mashima has always said explicitly when someone has entered Dragon Force. Even for Natsu no matter how many times he has done. If he Laxus had DF he would have said so.

So how does this proves Madmole admitting defeat. Skullion retreated after seeing what Natsu did to Madmole and he did more damage to him than Elfman ever did. Madmole was moving fine as well after his fight against Elfman.

Statements never beats feats. Feats greater than statement. Lol Don't take things out of your ass. Show me where it says Hades cast it stop Laxus movements. That's nothing but your headcanon. Amaterasu formula 100 > Amaterasu formula 20. I hope you know how to do math. Makarov defended agains stronger version of the spell easily while Laxus was hit by a weaker one and on his knees. He never did tank more spells than Makarov as well

Lol thats your argument. Magic himself was nothing more than Old Hag who was seeking attention from his father at his age. He kept saying same old phrase like a maniac his entire fight against Gildarts. He is not wise at anything.
So, we’re still at nothing stating there is no DF for 2nd gen? Got it.

The part where his response to Skullion saying the Takeover siblings are too strong is, yeah their strong.

Go rewatch the Hades fight bro states it clear as day. An just responded to the fact it’s the anime. Laxus tanked the Amaterasu and the full power blast after he was out of magic. An still led the charge that ended Hades.

Oooh, so August is crazy and wrong. 😂🤣🤣 Got it

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
The part where his response to Skullion saying the Takeover siblings are too strong is, yeah their strong.
He said they are just strong nothing more which Mirajane and Elfmamn said to Skullion and Madmole in return as well. This doesn't prove anything as Skullion did the same for both Erza and Natsu and Natsu did more damage Madmole than Elfman ever did.

Go rewatch the Hades fight bro states it clear as day. An just responded to the fact it’s the anime. Laxus tanked the Amaterasu and the full power blast after he was out of magic. An still led the charge that ended Hades.
He never tanked Amatersu formula. Makarov took far stronger spell than Laxus with less damage and was still on his feats unlike Laxus who got hit by a weak version of the same spell..

Oooh, so August is crazy and wrong. 😂🤣🤣 Got it
Prove where he is wise. He has already proven otherwise during his fight against Gildarts. 😂

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s definitely easy to claim in hindsight. An still a different statement than any implication I alone held the belief. An it could easily have turned out to be a family trait, or left behind spell no different author or required. Hiro clarified himself and that’s that on the matter. Classic shounen power up, asspulls with training implied but not shown. (unless you read the Dragon Slayer series) It doesn’t diminish the moment enough to be major to me. Enjoy your victory, it was well earned. An a fair price to pay for the new form it brought.

At this point all the differences in the other media has either been referenced in later arcs in source, or verbally explained by Mashima. The only exception is the crossovers as of yet.
But its not hindsight claim.
For example are you still waiting for an explanation on how erza beat koyoka. Of course not
Normal people treats this bs the same.

Laxus fans just gave alot of benefits to their favorite

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Erza can use POF whenever she wants. It has never failed when attempted.
Sorry bro, she can't. PoF is not a super Saiyajin form you can use at will with training. It is all about circonstances. This is because Erza's power scale is so variable. Or are you claiming that Erza was in PoF stats when she was fighting Laxus in their last challenge ? You make me laugh. If so, Laxus should be dead.

Erza needs external stimulus to tap into that "Potential Power". A foe has to have her people's life in Balance. This power is not for her and she can't use it for her own. This power is for protecting someone in her heart : This is why she claimed to be Titania, Fairy queen who protect her friends, even if she has to die for.
- Vs Azuma who absorbed People's Magic and all Fairy Tail have to die if she failed.
- Vs Kyoka because she was the key to stop Face, which would nullify all magic power in the country, and her friends should die against people who used curse.
- Vs Irene because she wanted Wendy's body and then, crushed meteor saving all people again.

These are extreme circonstances that put her into extreme power stats. She can't enter that PoF while fighting a friend (Laxus), never mind how strong he is.

Erza should be "too strong" if she can use it at will. Erza is, at her own current power, around Laxus's level. Laxus is nowhere near Erza's level when she entered PoF, the same way Gajeel is far below Dragon Force Natsu.

If you dislike Erza as exemple, take Natsu. I think he should be "too strong" as well if Dragon Force was a state he can enter at will when he wants to. Dragon Force is his climax form due to his PoF (when he saw Gray sacrificed himself to save him from memento mori // when Fairy Heart Zeleph explained he should reset the World).

Last edited: