Games Fate/Grand Order

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I decided to devote a considerable amount of my quartz stockpile to going for Maid Alter. Unfortunately, my summer curse remains fully intact. I feel like this is the time of year I pay for my good FGO luck the rest of the year. Because I'm more than 300 quartz into these banners this year alone and have still never pulled a summer 5 star.

Oh well, the rest of what I have is going for BB. So I look forward to continuing this meme there.:amuse
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,788
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Maid Alter didn't come cheap for me but I was lucky to land her. 360SQ netted me:
Maid Alter x1
Raikou Lancer x3
Helena Archer x2
Shinjuku Assassin (x1) to ruin my potential hat trick of 3 helena in 1 10x summon
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My total gains were a pair of Helena's and Fionn.:heh
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,788
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
My total gains were a pair of Helena's and Fionn.:heh
Oof, that sucks that you came away with just a pair of Helenas and a pair of rare prisms. Summer does seem to be the time of the year where luck can be "interesting" to say the least :hmm
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
While digging trough the wikia, am I the really one that really wants Helena´s first design?

 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Talking about Helena...
Even I am looking at her summer versions final ascension and kinda want someone to put me in jail for it.
Abby has made me immune to that feeling.
 

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Got impatient, and used 90 sq in another attempt for Summer Nero or maybe a third Fran... ended up getting Atalanta, who I didn't have, and another Orion, and still sooo many event CEs...

Talking about Helena...
Even I am looking at her summer versions final ascension and kinda want someone to put me in jail for it.
Between her, Jack, Wu, and Abigail, I've given up on not being on some secret list at this point. Based on what's to come, probably won't change...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Sometimes, I see people claiming to have cleared the shop of a certain event without the use of any apple, and I wonder how they do it. Most of the time I don't have a lot of event Servants or CEs, and can't use my AP at 100% efficiency due to my work, hence I could never check myself. But during this Summer Event, I'm on vacation, used my AP at 100% efficiency, I have enough +2 Summer Servants, enough - limit broken - 3*/4* CEs, but still fail to clear the shop (bronze+silver stuff) without any apple. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious whether it's possible or these people are exaggerating.

Here, have something to laugh =)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sometimes, I see people claiming to have cleared the shop of a certain event without the use of any apple, and I wonder how they do it. Most of the time I don't have a lot of event Servants or CEs, and can't use my AP at 100% efficiency due to my work, hence I could never check myself. But during this Summer Event, I'm on vacation, used my AP at 100% efficiency, I have enough +2 Summer Servants, enough - limit broken - 3*/4* CEs, but still fail to clear the shop (bronze+silver stuff) without any apple. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious whether it's possible or these people are exaggerating.

Here, have something to laugh =)
It's possible. You just have to have a lot of event CEs and such. Like take my current situation with this summer event for example. One run nets me around 400-500 of whatever currency. This is because I have a team of event boosted servants maxed CEs for days because my many failed attempts to get Summer 5 stars.

In most situations though I think you probably do need to use apples to clear the shop completely. You can clear the event typically but not the shop. I never really do that anyway most of the time and I have pretty much infinite apples at this point. I get the CEs, the materials I need, the embers, the fous, and then I'm out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
In most situations though I think you probably do need to use apples to clear the shop completely.
But that is exactly what I'm talking about, buying out the whole shop 100% without the use of apples. I usually try to buy everything there is. The only exceptions are copies of the welfare Servant (if she/he is NP5 already), welfare Servant ascension materials (if already max ascended), and event CEs (if I have enough limit broken CEs).

During this event:
  • I almost didn't waste any AP so far
  • I can fill my whole party with +2 Summer Servants
  • I have five 3* event CEs (4 of them LB)
  • I have five 4* event CEs (2 of them LB)
  • I have a pool of 140 AP

And I still fail to see how you can clear the shop with natural AP, like some people claim on reddit. :XD Granted, I lack 5* event CEs, so in regards to the gold currency, I need those apples, no doubt about it. But for the bronze and silver currency, I thought to have an 'easier/faster' time. It's not like I needed shit ton of apples to clear the shop of part 1, but I still had to use more than anticipated.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But that is exactly what I'm talking about, buying out the whole shop 100% without the use of apples. I usually try to buy everything there is. The only exceptions are copies of the welfare Servant (if she/he is NP5 already), welfare Servant ascension materials (if already max ascended), and event CEs (if I have enough limit broken CEs).

During this event:
  • I almost didn't waste any AP so far
  • I can fill my whole party with +2 Summer Servants
  • I have five 3* event CEs (4 of them LB)
  • I have five 4* event CEs (2 of them LB)
  • I have a pool of 140 AP

And I still fail to see how you can clear the shop with natural AP, like some people claim on reddit. :XD Granted, I lack 5* event CEs, so in regards to the gold currency, I need those apples, no doubt about it. But for the bronze and silver currency, I thought to have an 'easier/faster' time. It's not like I needed shit ton of apples to clear the shop of part 1, but I still had to use more than anticipated.
I think you might have forgotten one tiny little detail in your testing here. Your playing a rerun event right now though. That's 2 shops in 2 weeks. As opposed to the normal 1 shop in 2ish weeks. So you have half the normal amount of time to clear it. The original version of this event ran for 4 weeks. If you had double the time you definitely could have cleared the shop.

It also does vary from event to event. Some have a higher drop rate on currency than others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sometimes, I see people claiming to have cleared the shop of a certain event without the use of any apple, and I wonder how they do it. Most of the time I don't have a lot of event Servants or CEs, and can't use my AP at 100% efficiency due to my work, hence I could never check myself. But during this Summer Event, I'm on vacation, used my AP at 100% efficiency, I have enough +2 Summer Servants, enough - limit broken - 3*/4* CEs, but still fail to clear the shop (bronze+silver stuff) without any apple. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious whether it's possible or these people are exaggerating.
Based on my own experience, it seems possible with the right set-up and some luck. For example, my farming team is Mash with four of the +2 servants and a +2 support, with them all holding MLB of the needed currency. That's a 27 bonus. On average, you would get like 15 currency each fight, and assuming the minimum of x3, that's still nearly 500... so inbetween 10 to 16 fights, you would be done, which I think is two and a half days each at max. If you go for a full bonus of 30, and get lucky with the amount of currently that drop, you could be done even sooner.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Man, this re run is really long.

Realized I hadn´t even played the second part of the event said for ishtar farming and now I prob won´t limit break the second CE, danm.

Dunno why but this event never really clicked with me like the first one did, which plot wise and even gameplay wise with the building is prob my favorite event ever (not taking into account the QP heaven of Zero and Apo),

I just waant Jeanne Alter Summer.

Let this event end already
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Soon Summer Ushiwakamaru is upon us...
I summon every bit of luck I have left. I need my Fate Waifu. 👀
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Soon Summer Ushiwakamaru is upon us...
I summon every bit of luck I have left. I need my Fate Waifu. 👀
Good luck, Sky.
 
  • Hug
Reactions: Sky

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MY PEPE IS VERY HARD AT THIS NEW TRAILER HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THAT MOTHER FUCKING

FUCKING CU CASTER HAVING A BIG ASS SPOTLIGHT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Also heres the trailer.

Beware as it gives lots of spoilers of already published lostbelts in JP (So up until the 5th one)

BTW HEAVY ACTUAL FUCKING SPOILERS, IF YOU LIKE READING THE STORY AND DOES NOT SEE JP SPOILERS DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER

I will be posting spoiler tagged screenshots of the new servants that don´t spoil anything later because soon I will go back to work


And guess what.

Theres a bucha of new waifus,

and a husbando.

@Jammin theres even a new girl who
has a bigger chest than even raikou and maybe even passionlip
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LETS GO
This is the Crypter Daybit with this huge ass shadow above him. Highly speculated to be ORT, A Ultimate one AKA A BEING FULL POWER FULL SERIOUS GILGAMESH HAS A CHANCE to beat, according to Nasu.


As you guys can see, she has a modiefied Merlin staff. Current Identifies guesses are Proto-Merlin, Lostbelt Arturia, Vivian (aka Merlins disciple that impriosioned him in Avalon), or Melissa (the guide to the paladins of Charlagmane)



Considering its lostbelt, we have no real idea who they could be. Some people are even saying Proto-Universe Knights of the Round. LOOOVE the girl on the right and her Magilou Vibes


Look at this big dude! Hes awesome! And hes fighting alongside our two heroines and Cu Caster, hes prob going to be important! Some people are guessing its either a older/redsigned Sir Kay, aka Arturias stepbrother, or Galehut, the knight know for being very big and having a bromance with Lancelot


So, a fairy. My personal bet is on Titania/Trap Oberon, but people are also pointing out it could be a redisgned/true form Morgan (Or maybe even a older version of her, since there is a bit of a divide in characterization between Fae Morgan and Evil Morgan), and some are even betting on a Pseudo-Manaka Servant

Imagine this guy running like that with a rocket launcher on his hands
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So the new event will be here on august 3rd...hope I finally break my luck curse: Got almost all summer 1 servants (even both SSR) in the first summer event, but neither on the first run and on the rerun I was able to catch even a glimpse of a golden servant in summer 2...like not even spook.

Send me thoughts and prayers mah people
 
Last edited:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,640
Reaction score
6,369
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finally got Nero Caster, no luck with Helena though. Would try more, but with the next event so soon, seems silly. I did enough the challenge quest though, got to use my less used servants like Serenity and d'Eon. Gugalanna was still an annoyance.
 
Top