Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,504
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

lazybones1717

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
281
Reaction score
1,404
Age
34
Country
United States
They also removed the 3 act-age videos on Princess Iron Fan promo on shonenjump_official. Luckily, I have archived 2 out of 3
The videos are still up on their Japanese channel (for now):
I don't think they were ever on the English channel.

Also, Yonagi is still in the banner (once again, for now):
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Emma, Tanjiro and Yuuna are also there so I imagine it's not updated very frequently. Hinata at least is also fairly recent.
Possibility is that its because all the volumes haven't released yet for all those series in question.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The videos are still up on their channel (for now):


And Yonagi is still in the banner (once again, for now):
oops my bad, I was looking at shonen_jump official. Regardless, I have archived and re-upload (I post it in the act-age channel)

This will also be my last post about act-age in here, going forward I will also change my pfp (I already archived everything Kei Yonagi) to lessen the pain and promote new series in the line up.

It is okay to grief, but at some point you have to come back to the present. act-age has ended, and Kei HAS attain somewhat of a happiness by acting in Death Island, The Night on Galactic Railroad, and Princess Iron Fan (eh debatable). She met countless people she can called friends.

Shiro Usazaki has not given up on continue to become a manga artist, so you guys can look up to her next work. As for me, I will support her wholeheartedly, even if her next work is a U19.

SHINJUKU GIRL FOREVER
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
I think it's a mistake to pretend Act-age never existed. I'm okay with it being canceled, but concerning the sales and what AA brought emotionally to the readers, it's still exists, don't you think? Let's not forget about all those great characters too quickly.
They are not pretending it never existed, what was posted was a list of all series currently serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, not some sort of legacy site of all series that ever ran in the magazine. Act-Age is not serialized in WSJ anymore, thus it was removed from the list of manga currently serialized in WSJ. Simple as that.
 

Melvo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
190
Country
Spain
Act-Age is not serialized in WSJ anymore, thus it was removed from the list of manga currently serialized in WSJ. Simple as that.
I was not referring to that specificly, but talked about Shueisha and readers, not only Shueisha removing AA from their website...
I was also referring to @Ryuusei not mentionning Act-age sales (even if it's on the picture).
We all noticed nothing's ''simple as that'' concerning AA case.

Oh and there's still Mitama Secureity on the website so......


 
Last edited:

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's probably better suited for the AA thread, but given the circumstances, I'd say it's alright. This could help with the grieving process, I suppose.
It took me longer than I expected to start on this grief post. I think the removal of AA from the wsj series finally did me in. Before that it was still hard to believe that like couple weeks ago we talked and praised AA normally and suddenly it is just gone forever with no satisfying or even a bad ending, just gone.

I'll keep it brief since it won't matter anymore, I decided to keep my AA grief in three parts - fav arc, fav character, future moment I was looking forward.

Favorite Arc: Night on the Galactic Railroad. It was just really fun, introducing Araya who was a very exciting and interesting character to read about, a theme which we all can relate to as someday we will face that fate no matter what and an acting growth in Kei which was really cool to observe. I liked AA before but I really started to love it during this arc.

Favorite Character: There are a lot of damn good characters in this series. Kei and Chiyoko and Araya are fan favorites for many obvious reasons. Personally for me, Akira Hoshi was my favorite Character because he was untalented and he knew it, because his fame was build on his mother's influence and he knew it, because no matter how hard he would work he could never reach Kei's acting level and he knew it. Yet he kept going, fighting, training, learning, enduring, experimenting. I can respect that a lot. Plus I liked his theme of facing his own inadequacy, that he ran away, was envious and jealous, how far behind the others he felt, this all made him very human. And I am sad we will never see him reaching a level of acting that his own mother can say nothing against. That and the shipping hint with Kei were a good running gag, "You are not my boyfriend.". XD

Favorite moment I was looking forward: I know I should say Kuroyama's movie in the makings but what I really was looking forward to was Kei meeting her father once again, probably due a screening of who should act what role in the movie of one of his novels. Given how alone the image of her father in the Princess Arc evoked such strong raw real emotions in Kei which were entirely her own and not "acted", just how incredible the meeting between her and her father who walked out of them must be... damn... real shame...


Thanks So much Kei. You deserved better 😞😞
She and all the other characters deserved to tell so much more of themselves and their story than they could. :emocat

I miss Act-age already.
It was so weird to see this week M+ releases without AA among them.:(

can't wait for world trigger (although thats not wsj anymore)
Same, though WT will always be in the WSJ of my heart, same for AA from now on.

Just saw the last AA chapter. Yeah, that stinks it had to end that way.
Especially because this was the first and now last time we saw the happy Satsuki dance, super adorable, very sad. Also the hint at a greater character arc of Satsuki's development regarding her mother and her own wishes clearly hinted at yet that arc will never be finished...:emobirb

Act age has officially been remove from shonen jump japan series
Yeah... this gave me the final push to do write this post... total dishonor of a series that could have become really big and had great characters. I really liked it how they made Kei websites like she was an actual actress/model looking for work and such, those were fun times, reading about them in this forum~

This was the last time you guys have to hear from me regarding AA, no worries.^^
I think I reached the final stage of grief with this post - acceptance.
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was not referring to that specificly, but talked about Shueisha and readers, not only Shueisha removing AA from their website...
I was also referring to @Ryuusei not mentionning Act-age sales (even if it's on the picture).
We all noticed nothing's ''simple as that'' concerning AA case.

Oh and there's still Mitama Secureity on the website so......
Look, I don't mind posting about Act-Age. Actually, if I make another post and Act-Age stuff is mentioned, I will not leave it out. Yesterday I was wondering if I should do it given the circumstances and, since the number was also in the picture, I left the post like that. Never have I said that I'm trying to pretend the series never existed or that I'm trying to forget about it, you just assumed I did so. If you had any issues with the post you could have quoted it or could have sent me a private message asking me to add the numbers instead of just indirecting me, simple as that.

Anyway, yesterday's post has Act-Age number now. All in all, issue solved.
 

Melvo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
190
Country
Spain
If you had any issues with the post you could have quoted it or could have sent me a private message asking me to add the numbers instead of just indirecting me, simple as that.
Again, I talk about a lot of small elements, your post including. Didn't want to quote yours only, but wanted to make a small text referring to the global issue I was thinking of.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Again, I talk about a lot of small elements, your post including. Didn't want to quote yours only, but wanted to make a small text referring to the global issue I was thinking of.
If people want to forget about it or erase them from their posts, then let them be. They are erasing the series from their lives, not from yours or someone else's. They have the right to do so as much as other people have the right to remember fondly of it and keep cherishing it for what it was. People are going to react differently from each other and that's fine.

Thank god it's safe from Netflix jail. Hopefully it gets a lot of international attention.
 

Melvo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
77
Reaction score
190
Country
Spain
If people want to forget about it or erase them from their posts, then let them be. They are erasing the series from their lives, not from yours or someone else's. They have the right to do so as much as other people have the right to remember fondly of it and keep cherishing it for what it was. People are going to react differently from each other and that's fine.
So I'm not allowed to speak my mind here ? Of course everybody do what they want, I do too. If I want to talk about it like many others, I guess I have the right to do it. I let people do what they want, do the same for me. Saying ''I think it's a mistake........'' is all I did, right ?
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
Good thing to see peoples Netflix worries didn't end up being true.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I guess Crunchyroll will give Jujutsu Kaisen special promotion like the one they gave Dr.Stone last year or GoH this summer. Sweet.

Also, the Netflix JP means a high chance of anime being in Netflix both subbed and dubbed in the future. Is a win-win situation
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Dr stone had more pushing from crunchyroll. Jjk will kinda get the kny treatment.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I guess Crunchyroll will give Jujutsu Kaisen special promotion like the one they gave Dr.Stone last year or GoH this summer. Sweet.

Also, the Netflix JP means a high chance of anime being in Netflix both subbed and dubbed in the future. Is a win-win situation
Isn't JK exclusive for Netflix in Japan?
I really hope that doesn't affect it's reach.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Isn't JK exclusive for Netflix in Japan?
I really hope that doesn't affect it's reach.
The Crunchyroll announcement means we are safe. Seems Jujutsu Kaisen will be on Netflix in Japan but we'll get it in Crunchyroll in rest of the world (dunno if it will also be in Crunchyroll Japan).

Wondering now if we'll get Jujutsu Kaisen dubbed and how. I can see it getting spanish dub in my country both the Crunchyroll and Netflix way.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So I'm not allowed to speak my mind here ? Of course everybody do what they want, I do too. If I want to talk about it like many others, I guess I have the right to do it. I let people do what they want, do the same for me. Saying ''I think it's a mistake........'' is all I did, right ?
Your last sentence is what it comes down to. Saying you think it's a mistake sounds like you're right while people that don't react the same way are wrong. If you had phrased it as "I don't agree with..." it wouldn't come off like that. The way you phrase your opinions is important.

Isn't JK exclusive for Netflix in Japan?
I really hope that doesn't affect it's reach.
It's not a Netflix "original" so I don't think only Netflix holds the streaming rights in Japan.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pretty gross. But do you serious read soranews24? They are the sun of animanga news.
I don't. I just saw this link and they were the only ones doing that compilation in english
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top