One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
No he isn't. End of story. @Pirate Queen already named like 40 characters stronger lmao
Didn't know you guys control what Oda's write. Do tell me EOS then? Again no it isn't and there are characters he is stronger over. He is Top20-30. End of discussion. Agree to disagree, but it how it is.

Let's move on then instead continue this pointless back and forth if we are not going to convince each other.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Didn't know you guys control what Oda's write. Do tell me EOS then? Again no it isn't and there are characters he is stronger over. He is Top20-30. End of discussion. Agree to disagree, but it how it is.

Let's move on then instead continue this pointless back and forth if we are not going to convince each other.
Provide your list of 30 as proof. Give us your top 30 and show us
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Didn't know you guys control what Oda's write. Do tell me EOS then? Again no it isn't and there are characters he is stronger over. He is Top20-30. End of discussion. Agree to disagree, but it how it is.

Let's move on then instead continue this pointless back and forth if we are not going to convince each other.
Lol....can't admit you're wrong. Give us your top 30 or don't speak. Were not even taking EOS.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No need for convincing.......everyone here agrees Smoker isn't in the top 30 and nowhere near close. See how you're the only trying so hard to make it so.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Provide your list of 30 as proof. Give us your top 30 and show us
Lol....can't admit you're wrong. Give us your top 30 or don't speak. Were not even taking EOS.
Can't even admit fault yourself, @MUIMadara

Sure thing, I do it when I have time. Does it count only those who are alive or even those who passed can be in it?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Can't even admit fault yourself, @MUIMadara

Sure thing, I do it when I have time. Does it count only those who are alive or even those who passed can be in it?
I've done that many times. Don't accuse me of things you have no proof of.

It's current if you couldn't already tell.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Lol....can't admit you're wrong. Give us your top 30 or don't speak. Were not even taking EOS.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No need for convincing.......everyone here agrees Smoker isn't in the top 30 and nowhere near close. See how you're the only trying so hard to make it so.
Not really, this website doesn't really speak for whole fanbase. Let's not use number games on case like this unlike for others. Smoker gotten stronger since then and at timeframe of where things are heading, Oda will push him that narrative same way we see Law who despite his situation, still push as same level as Luffy along with Kidd despite his as well.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I've done that many times. Don't accuse me of things you have no proof of.

It's current if you couldn't already tell.
Same to you then. Let's agree to disagree instead going into bickerment over this.

Oh that make it even easier where he is then. I post about it later.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Not really, this website doesn't really speak for whole fanbase. Let's not use number games on case like this unlike for others. Smoker gotten stronger since then and at timeframe of where things are heading, Oda will push him that narrative same way we see Law who despite his situation, still push as same level as Luffy along with Kidd despite his as well.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Same to you then. Let's agree to disagree instead going into bickerment over this.

Oh that make it even easier where he is then. I post about it later.
You're entire argument is backwards. You downplay Zoro because of his "current showings" but won't admit Smoker is weak because of what Oda has in store for him? Ok.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh that make it even easier where he is then. I post about it later.
I mean objectively you're wrong as we've already pointed out.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
I'd say Sanji was a bit better, but only because he was the only one who didn't get put on his back by Vergo.

Both keeping up with Vergo physicaly is a decent feat for that point in the story. Hell, even Law, before he one shot him, couldn't keep up too well.

I'm terms of leveling, I'd say Sanji falls in between Smoker and PH Law.
I agree with what you said. Also seems like few others forget how fights work as when your fighting someone your going to take damage as it be back and forth, but taking damage doesn't signal your going to lose as Oda with his fights doesn't push that unless narrative will showing dominance of one of the character, but it wasn't case between these two as Sanji was able to damage him twice and still keep up even injured especially nerf going in, so inconclusive on who would win, but seeing how broken bones doesn't mean defeat as look at Usopp and Harjudan, Sanji would have won in the end, but it be a struggle.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You're entire argument is backwards. You downplay Zoro because of his "current showings" but won't admit Smoker is weak because of what Oda has in store for him? Ok.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



I mean objectively you're wrong as we've already pointed out.
Cause it been awhile since we last seen Smoker, we don't know his current lvl now and it's illogical to say he still same lvl from back then. Zoro right now has been hype too to oblivious to the point he faints with Kamazou and runs away from enemies like Apoo right now. Why shouldn't judge Zoro currently since he is showing currently in his fights and it's not pushing narrative he is stronger than he looks.

You mean opinions? Yeah opinions like that aren't right or wrong given we don't know how strong current Smoker is, so again no you guys aren't.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Can't even admit fault yourself, @MUIMadara

Sure thing, I do it when I have time. Does it count only those who are alive or even those who passed can be in it?
No you said currently he is top 30. So make your list of 30 people and Smoker has to be on it.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Cause it been awhile since we last seen Smoker, we don't know his current lvl now and it's illogical to say he still same lvl from back then. Zoro right now has been hype too to oblivious to the point he faints with Kamazou and runs away from enemies like Apoo right now. Why shouldn't judge Zoro currently since he is showing currently in his fights and it's not pushing narrative he is stronger than he looks.
So judge him based off we've seen of him. Anything else is opinion.

You mean opinions? Yeah opinions like that aren't right or wrong given we don't know how strong current Smoker is, so again no you guys aren't.
Right, I forgot saying someone like Kaido is stronger than Smoker is opinion. Apologies.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
No you said currently he is top 30. So make your list of 30 people and Smoker has to be on it.
I will, but will post it later as got arrange it properly with characters around.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Take your time. It will be easy to debunk it.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
So judge him based off we've seen of him. Anything else is opinion.



Right, I forgot saying someone like Kaido is stronger than Smoker is opinion. Apologies.
We judging him currently, not PH as I agree that time on what his level was, but now it's different.

It's not, but talking my logical, not guy saying Zoro must be strongest of all cause he has a sword on another thread your doing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Take your time. It will be easy to debunk it.
Let me know how 'Zoro vs Kaido solo fight' will be like on your end.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's not, but talking my logical, not guy saying Zoro must be strongest of all cause he has a sword on another thread your doing.
I said Zoro will end up being stronger than Sanji. That's it. Please show me where I said Zoro will be the strongest of all. He's not even on my top 5 EOS.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let me know how 'Zoro vs Kaido solo fight' will be like on your end.
Did I ever say Zoro will solo Kaido? Let me answer for you. I didn't. :twitch
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
I said Zoro will end up being stronger than Sanji. That's it. Please show me where I said Zoro will be the strongest of all. He's not even on my top 5 EOS.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Did I ever say Zoro will solo Kaido?
I have never heard a SINGLE Zoro fan say Zoro will solo Kaido. Even Nik isn't that stupid.

Zoro will cut Kaido
Zoro will behead Kaido
Never
Zoro will solo Kaido

Come on Moe, stop the craziness
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I have never heard a SINGLE Zoro fan say Zoro will solo Kaido. Even Nik isn't that stupid.

Zoro will cut Kaido
Zoro will behead Kaido
Never
Zoro will solo Kaido

Come on Moe, stop the craziness
Let me know if I said either of the following:

1) Zoro will be the strongest of all.
2) Zoro will solo Kaido.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
All I said was Zoro > Sanji.

If you want to continue that discussion, we can do it here.
Nah I'm good. I think I said all I could. Looking forward to Moe-kun's list lol
 
Top