Re: Vagabond 240 and 241 Discussion Thread
Interesting last few chapters, I just now caught up (hadn't really kept up since 233). I've enjoyed this battle, but it's certainly taken its while. At the same time, it certainly validates Musashi as one of, if not the MOST, kick-ass swordsmen ever in all of manga.
Somewhat ironic that even after all that experience he'd amassed since the first chapter, he still strongly resembles the "demon" that he was in his youth. I mean, killing seventy men? If he had been that strong at the Battle of Sekigahara, he would've won it all on his own.
As for Ueda's slash, I think it's Musashi (his leg was clearly shown blooded and cut on page 16, and he certainly hollered), but I think it's probably going to be more of a surface wound. He got lucky though. If that sword HAD severed the back of his knee, he'd be a cripple. Still, that's not going to make it easy for him to travel. Guess it's time for that ol' monk buddy of his to make another appearance. Or maybe his girlfriend. Either way...