- Joined
- Aug 5, 2019
- Messages
- 399
- Reaction score
- 705
- Country
-
I think the last two are flamethrower and whip.So, the other hybrids look like ummmm.... spear guy, sword/claymore guy, revolver guy, and paper cut girl? hehehe
I think the last two are flamethrower and whip.So, the other hybrids look like ummmm.... spear guy, sword/claymore guy, revolver guy, and paper cut girl? hehehe
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We already got an explanation. It is due to his erasure ability that he is the devil feared most by devils themselves. It's not the chainsaws that makes him this strong. It's how much the devils fear his erasure power.I hope we get some explanation on why the Chainsaw Devil is so god damn strong. If what we were told at the beginning of the story about Devil strengths being proportional to the fear they generate is true, then I don't see how he's beating some of these guys. The ability to erase things from existence already feels random as hell, but him being strong enough to fight all seven of these devils, I feel, needs an explanation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I... don't think Makima can turn people into dogs. This is either a coincidence or just foreshadowing.
That is inaccurate.We already got an explanation. It is due to his erasure ability that he is the devil feared most by devils themselves. It's not the chainsaws that makes him this strong. It's how much the devils fear his erasure power.
Not sure why so many people all over the internet is still confused about that when it has been very clearly explained
I agree that his abilities are really random and needs explanation. What doesn't need explanation is why chainsaw devil is feared more than other devils like hell devil etc. It is other devils fear towards him that makes him this strong, not humans fear towards chainsaws.That is inaccurate.
1- The chainsaws are what makes him this strong. He obliterated in a second the devil of hell with his chainsaws only.
2- His erasure ability is what makes him really special, but why does he even have the erasure ability in the first place when no other devil, not even the devil of darkness, appears to have it? It's not exactly something to be expected from simple chainsaws. That has not been explained, and it's the important part.
As @Jorden Rivera mentioned, the devils in this series have been established as beings who get stronger the more whatever they represent is feared by humanity. Going by that logic, the strength of devils in the manga other than Chainsaw Devil are justifiable, with beings like the Darkness Devil overpowering the rest as a primordial fear from which other fears stem from, and beings like the Tomato Devil being laughable.
The Chainsaw Devil breaks the logic established by the manga with, so far, no real explanation. How can chainsaws be more feared than anything else in existence? Why would he have such a hax power that has nothing to do with chainsaws and that no other devil has? These things need to be explained in full detail.
That would be a paradox, so I really hope that there is a better explanation waiting to be revealed.I agree that his abilities are really random and needs explanation. What doesn't need explanation is why chansaw devil is feared more than other devils like hell devil etc. It is other devils fear towards him that makes him this strong, not humans fear towards chainsaws.
I don't think its a paradox at all.That would be a paradox, so I really hope that there is a better explanation waiting to be revealed.
It is a paradox in that if "he's that strong and overpowered because he's the most feared by other demons" what came first?
Is he strong because he's feared by devils? Then he was feared because he was overpowered? But why would he have been feared then?
Is he feared by devils because he's strong? Then he was strong before he was feared, which contradicts the explanation we're going for.
His skill to delete things from existence is part of his overpowered pack.
Getting strength from the fear of humans to what they represent makes sense, since darkness, guns, chainsaws, hell, etc, are scary even without a devil existing, and the devil represents that fear. However, the fear for chainsaws should have created a mediocre chainsaw devil of a similar level to the katana devil at most. Why would that devil have any unique trait that makes him so dangerous that he becomes the most feared and overpowered of all devils?
Without a proper explanation for this all we really know nothing at all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Exactly my thoughts.Honestly i have no clue where everything is going and im not a big fan of last couple of chapters, the story seemed to have taken a weird turn, and the power scale is too insane, i dont if its my brain that doesnt work properly but i dont get what s the author s trying to do with Makima and Denji ?
This week's chapter had a definite feel of "all flash, no substance". From what I've seen from the spoilers, that's basically the upcoming chapter as well. That...happens in Jump series, and not infrequently Heck, it's happened in CSM from time to time. Hopefully either the series is about done (and it's thus just drawing things out 'cause that's how you do a climax in Jump) or we'll get back from the stalling soon.Honestly i have no clue where everything is going and im not a big fan of last couple of chapters, the story seemed to have taken a weird turn, and the power scale is too insane, i dont if its my brain that doesnt work properly but i dont get what s the author s trying to do with Makima and Denji ?
I have the same feeling.This week's chapter had a definite feel of "all flash, no substance". From what I've seen from the spoilers, that's basically the upcoming chapter as well. That...happens in Jump series, and not infrequently Heck, it's happened in CSM from time to time. Hopefully either the series is about done (and it's thus just drawing things out 'cause that's how you do a climax in Jump) or we'll get back from the stalling soon.
Anything is possible, but would we like to go through mostly the same exact plot and fighting development again but with no Denji? I wouldn't.Would it be possible to imagine Chainsaw man continuing with a new MC?
Another person getting the powers of the chainsaw man.
Nah, I think this is going to be a short run since the creator said we didn't reach the climax, but looking on Makima's desire and Denji doesn't, I doubt the climax is when Denji found the reason to being hereWould it be possible to imagine Chainsaw man continuing with a new MC?
Another person getting the powers of the chainsaw man.
This manga is definitely ending. I don't see how anyone could even think otherwise. After Denji returns and Makima dies its over. Fujimoto already admitted he doesn't do long serials.I have the same feeling.
This is either a rushed ending or just a small transition in the plot, during which we are shown exactly how strong the most powerful devils can be. Tbh it's not surprise that they're this strong, since suddenly we have jumped over the level of the Gun Devil, who we already knew was a monstrosity by his feats alone, but there's no way Denji will retain this form and strength if the series is not ending.
I don't know what Fujimoto has or hasn't said, I have only read the manga itself. If it's ending, then that's it, but to be honest, that's the worse of the two possibilities. I don't like this as an ending arc. Too rushed.This manga is definitely ending. I don't see how anyone could even think otherwise. After Denji returns and Makima dies its over. Fujimoto already admitted he doesn't do long serials.