Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,496
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Aiga

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
267
Age
28
Country
Egypt
@Ice King
I think you really misunderstanding how sales work, of course the old volumes will overall have more sales than the one after, what we compare is the first week/month sales between volumes to see their growth and DB Super did grow from volume to volume
Dragon Ball Super 1 29,995/30,361 (7 days)
Dragon Ball Super 2 56,947 (3 days)
Dragon Ball Super 3 92,114 (3days)

a very obvious growth which mean the backlog kept selling and wasn't fronloaded due to DB name and had good word of mouth.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,548
Reaction score
15,707
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

So...I’m betting the sudden deletion was Shueisha trying to cover things up after the announcement was made earlier than they wanted?
Chapter 1 already in Mangaplus by the way
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Chapter 1 already in Mangaplus by the way
It’s a good series. We finally have a decent detective manga. The target audience is horribly obvious with this one. But hey, that’s Amano for you.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Not too impressed by the first chapter of Ron Kamonohashi. Too much time spent emphasizing just how wacky and quirky this detective is. Hope the story picks up soon with good cases and better character work.
 

OniluapL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
512
Reaction score
1,341
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want a good detective series, and this can be fun (this chapter wasn't terrible or anything, it was reasonably enjoyable), but the writing was kinda messy in how it introduced characters and concepts, although the characters might be interesting. The other issue, however, is that the case wasn't, well, good. So I hope this gets better. Althought I do not have the biggest trust in Amano to deliver.
 

Rukasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
352
Reaction score
1,331
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In case anyone wanted the platypus thing to be somehow related to Reborn, Kamonohashi literally means Platypus
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
.....

Amano ripped that straight from Phineas & Ferb, didn’t she?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
In case anyone wanted the platypus thing to be somehow related to Reborn, Kamonohashi literally means Platypus
Ah, now I get it....
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
.....

Amano ripped that straight from Phineas & Ferb, didn’t she?
Hold on, I’m going to read this now specifically for that.

EDIT: Mixed feelings, but overall interested. Liked the artwork/character designs, and the aspects of the mystery that were thought out. Disliked aspects of the mystery that weren’t thought out, as well as some aspects of the main duo. This is a chapter that aims to introduce us to the titular character and his skill more than anything, and I’m hoping future mysteries that they solve will be more engaging. So I’m willing to read more. Is this a weekly series, perhaps?

EDIT2: I realize I'm being really vague here. Sorry, have a bit of a headache.
 
Last edited:

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
Chapter 1 already in Mangaplus by the way
Let's have a look!

- Oh, a real detective series! Is this gonna be like Conan?
- ... No, of course they had to make the detective a reluctant recluse and give the main character role to some dumb rude loser. Why do they always do that? Do they really think we can't connect to smart people, so we need some dolt to serve as a stand-in for the audience?
- Then why did you invite him in in the first place..?
- Oh? Do you lose yourself to your arrogance, or something? Either way, colour me intrigued.
- This is all pretty standard Sherlock stuff. Then again, I like Sherlock stuff. I just wish his Watson wasn't constantly screaming.
- Well, at least the dumb loser has a role of his own, kinda. Though I can't say I'm a big fan of this development... but I feel like it'll stop mattering in a few chapters anyway, so whatever.

Now I just hope the cases will be interesting (this was just a test run, after all) and not too long, so we don't have to wait months for a resolution.

So I’m willing to read more. Is this a weekly series, perhaps?
Next chapter Oct 17th, so probably.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
It is sad that Ron Kamonohashi did not go to the Shonen jump, I think Akira Amano is more comfortable in the jump +.
It's a shame, I wish I had a detective manga on the shonen jump.
 

Thaed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
135
Reaction score
132
Age
33
Country
France
Well, great first chapter for the new serie of Akira Amano, really enjoyed it!
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I hope she can return soon to the mangaka world as an artist. I liked her art, especially her eyes. Made those characters feel so alive when reading the AA chapters.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Not sure if anyone posted, but Usazaki worked on some album art for someone recently. I think this is the first official art from her since that manga contest thing she was judging in

It's an illustration for Kaf's 2nd Album "Mahou", that will be out in November 25th, and she's designing the cover for the Beta version of the album, being the left one the Alfa version. Didn't post it initially since I didn't really know if this belonged to the thread.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
3,120
Age
24
Country
United States
the sad thing is... we probably wouldve gotten an act age anime announcement around this time if it hadn't happened
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top