Team Team August vs Team Irene

Which Team Wins

  • Team August

    Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Team Irene

    Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Team August

    Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Team Irene

    Votes: 16 51.6%

  • Total voters
    31

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I don't get this but Team Irene wins. Mice. GG
It means that Irene only wins in her dreams.

Irene is weaker than August by manga's own canon admission. If she can turn them into mice, August can undo it and turn team irene into mice.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It means that Irene only wins in her dreams.

Irene is weaker than August by manga's own canon admission. If she can turn them into mice, August can undo it and turn team irene into mice.
I think I missed that part in the manga. Let me re-read it.
Team August wins. Mice. GG.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think I missed that part in the manga. Let me re-read it.
Go ahead, you don't have to read very far into the arc to find it.

Either way, turning someone into mice is a spell, so... nullified and copied. Next.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Go ahead, you don't have to read very far into the arc to find it.

Either way, turning someone into mice is a spell, so... nullified and copied. Next.
I can just call headcanon since were both using it. Next.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I can just call headcanon since were both using it. Next.
This is not headcanon. This is literally August's only power. If you don't like how overpowered he is, you should complain to Mashima.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This is not headcanon. This is literally August's only power. If you don't like how overpowered he is, you should complain to Mashima.
I mean......considering they were both considered equals and rivals twice.............I'm gonna go ahead and just say he can't overpower her enchants.

If you don't like that comparison.............I didn't write the manga
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Either way, August wins RD 1 and loses RD 2.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The only thing that can be argued against August's powers is that the manga never proved or mentioned if he can keep powers that he has copied to use at a later time.

Since he only focused on only the spells from whoever he was fighting at each time, then for this fight he should only use the spells from this fight. He did use some exceptions, but never powers that we had seen him copy to really say that those were also copied.

Thankfully, there's Irene and God Serena here, so August can copy 9 different dragon slayer powers to kick Irene's ass with.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean......considering they were both considered equals and rivals twice.............I'm gonna go ahead and just say he can't overpower her enchants.
The manga has never said he's limited to what he can or cannot counter. What has been said in the manga is that anything that comes his way or is used near him, he immediately learns and can use. You can argue that he would not be able to use stronger enchantments than Irene, but using enchantments that are "just as strong as hers" is enough to counter them.

Also, having him considered as the strongest Spriggan puts him above the other 11, while being considered the strongest female Spriggan only puts her above Dimaria and Brandish. I do think however that she would be the strongest Spriggan if it weren't for August being one.
 

Loke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
839
Reaction score
1,516
Age
30
Country
United States
I mean......considering they were both considered equals and rivals twice.............I'm gonna go ahead and just say he can't overpower her enchants.

If you don't like that comparison.............I didn't write the manga
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Either way, August wins RD 1 and loses RD 2.
Considering he made her behave like a good little girl, I'd say he can overpower her enchant. :yodawg
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The manga has never said he's limited to what he can or cannot counter. What has been said in the manga is that anything that comes his way or is used near him, he immediately learns and can use. You can argue that he would not be able to use stronger enchantments than Irene, but using enchantments that are "just as strong as hers" is enough to counter them.
The manga showed us that there are limits to all haxes.

Also, having him considered as the strongest Spriggan puts him above the other 11, while being considered the strongest female Spriggan only puts her above Dimaria and Brandish. I do think however that she would be the strongest Spriggan if it weren't for August being one.
Brandish herself he's not the objective strongest.

Considering he made her behave like a good little girl, I'd say he can overpower her enchant. :yodawg
When did that happen? Actually it seems like she was about to go fight him :carlton
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The manga showed us that there are limits to all haxes.
Yes, and his limit is "Holder Magic". That's not something Irene has, and it would still be rather useless when he has all of the Spriggans in the battlefield to freely copy their powers and haxes.

Brandish herself he's not the objective strongest.
This is lacking a verb but I never saw proof that he's not the strongest in the manga. He was said to be, and he's definitely the one who impressed me most.
 

Loke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
839
Reaction score
1,516
Age
30
Country
United States
The manga showed us that there are limits to all haxes.



Brandish herself he's not the objective strongest.



When did that happen? Actually it seems like she was about to go fight him :carlton
Then why didn't she ? She claimed she would do what she wants but he made her fall in line. :cookiehand
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hell, all the things that are unrestricted in Round 2 are useless against August but can be used by him. Round 2 just makes him more likely to win.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes, and his limit is "Holder Magic". That's not something Irene has, and it would still be rather useless when he has all of the Spriggans in the battlefield to freely copy their powers and haxes.
You do know Natsu can overpower his hax using holder magic right?

This is lacking a verb but I never saw proof that he's not the strongest in the manga. He was said to be, and he's definitely the one who impressed me most.
That's great that he impressed you the most. Brandish disagrees with you.

 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
August putting everyone to sleep seems much more likely than Eileen turning everyone into mice
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Then why didn't she ? She claimed she would do what she wants but he made her fall in line. :cookiehand
Lemme see......oh wait! Probably because they're about to fight a war and there's this huge dragon named Acnologia to worry about. But hey, who am I to say anything amirite? :hee
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
You do know Natsu can overpower his hax using holder magic right?
1- Natsu is not in this fight. So mentioning him is pointless.

2- Either way "holder magic" used by Natsu would be the same as holder magic used by Romeo Conbolt. Its power depends on the magic object.

3- I literally just said holder magic is August's hax limit, so you don't have to prove what I just told you.

That's great that he impressed you the most. Brandish disagrees with you.

"Standing a chance" is not the same as being stronger. In One Piece they said the same about Marco against Yonkos and he's clearly not on the same level.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You do know Natsu can overpower his hax using holder magic right?



That's great that he impressed you the most. Brandish disagrees with you.

Btw, this page you posted is just great. It acknowledges how Dimaria stands not even a chance against August. Implying he can copy her.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
1- Natsu is not in this fight. So mentioning him is pointless.

2- Either way "holder magic" used by Natsu would be the same as holder magic used by Romeo Conbolt. Its power depends on the magic object.

3- I literally just said holder magic is August's hax limit, so you don't have to prove what I just told you.
Huh.............ok?

"Standing a chance" is not the same as being stronger. In One Piece they said the same about Marco against Yonkos and he's clearly not on the same level.
So mentioning Natsu is pointless but you just brought up One Piece. Well, I think it's time for some sleep.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw, this page you posted is just great. It acknowledges how Dimaria stands not even a chance against August. Implying he can copy her.
You do know my first post was satire.......right?
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Huh.............ok?



So mentioning Natsu is pointless but you just brought up One Piece. Well, I think it's time for some sleep.
Yes, mentioning a valid example of "words being words" and of the meaning of a sentence in a manga is valid, while bringing "Natsu could beat him!" isn't.

You really should.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You do know my first post was satire.......right?
How'd I know anything is satire on a power thread.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes, mentioning a valid example of "words being words" and of the meaning of a sentence in a manga is valid, while bringing "Natsu could beat him!" isn't.

You really should.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


How'd I know anything is satire on a power thread.
No.....sorry man. It's not valid. Not even the same author lmao
--- Double Post Merged, ---

How'd I know anything is satire on a power thread.
You've been on this site for this long and you don't know that? I expect better from my favourite mod :bnah
 
Top