One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Konan would for sure.

Orochimaru, if he were in this series, and Karasu may be considered Special Zoans perhaps? Or a different form of Awakening.
There's even a paper logia DF in one of the early videogames of One Piece that's pretty much the same ability as Konan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've looked it up in case anyone is curious. It's name is the Pasa Pasa no Mi:
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
I'll tell you my take on Rayleigh.

....
I will kindly disagree with some of what you said, but the rest is on point. I too wonder how the hell did Roger and Garp take on the Rocks Pirates. I can see Roger and Garp vs Xebec but what about the rest of the pirates....
I think Rayleigh was below WB and the rest of the Yonko 2 years ago.
He wouldve caused some heavy damage to the Marines is he were to show up with WB pirates.
WB couldve destroyed the island himself alone if Ace wasnt captured.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@Moegara Ok so I just finished doing my re-read of One Piece and want to make some changed as to my top 10:


1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Shanks
4) BlackBeard
5) Akainu
6) Big Mom
7) Aokiji
8) Kizaru
9) Fujitora
10 YC1 or Enel.

So with number 10 I mean that After the Yonkos and Admirals, the next likely candidate is a YC1. It could be any of them depending if one get's solid feats. I would predict Beckmann or Shiryuu since those 2 are still a mystery but it could be any of them.

In regards to Enel, has IMO a top 5 devil fruit in terms of power and some of the best CoO with Mantra. If he can develop all 3 types of haki whilst on the moon and get an awakening, easily a candidate for a top 10.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
@Moegara Ok so I just finished doing my re-read of One Piece and want to make some changed as to my top 10:


1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Shanks
4) BlackBeard
5) Akainu
6) Big Mom
7) Aokiji
8) Kizaru
9) Fujitora
10 YC1 or Enel.

So with number 10 I mean that After the Yonkos and Admirals, the next likely candidate is a YC1. It could be any of them depending if one get's solid feats. I would predict Beckmann or Shiryuu since those 2 are still a mystery but it could be any of them.

In regards to Enel, has IMO a top 5 devil fruit in terms of power and some of the best CoO with Mantra. If he can develop all 3 types of haki whilst on the moon and get an awakening, easily a candidate for a top 10.
After all this time, I've finally convinced you of Mihawk's potential greatness. :salsa

Yeah, Enel's CoO was even better than Katakuri's. In Skypiea, even Satori's CoO was way above the norm. While normal CoO users can see attacks coming but can't predict most techniques that hey haven't seen before (like Luffy and Zoro failing to predict Apoo's ability) Satori knew Luffy was a rubber man about to stretch to punch him before Luffy even moved. So if Enel gets some CoA alone he would be definite top tier material already. If he gets awakening he'll just be a beast. I hope he reappears in the main story.

Now, let's see, analysis time.

I feel like Blackbeard can potentially surpass Shanks and Mihawk but I don't think he's there yet, so I agree with your top 3. Actually, I'd also put Akainu above him. There was this scene when Blackbeard had captured Jewelry Bonney that they ran away in a hurry and left her behind because Akainu's ship was nearing the shore. If he's that scared to fight him, it's either because Akainu is stronger or because Blackbeard was still not confident enough to fight him. They may just be about equals, though.

Kaido as "the strongest creature" is alright as a top 1 to me. I see you left out Whitebeard I guess that because he's dead. He'd be a candidate for those top 2/3 spots. I feel like the strongest characters are all almost tied with each other.

Big Mom is okay as the weakest Yonko in the top. She's very strong but she's very clumsy and easy to manipulate (and easy to run away from), and despite her herculean strength and her homies she's definitely the less intelligent Yonko, and that has to count for something.

I don't know if I'd put Akainu and Aokiji separated in the top but since they're all just so close in power it could work like this. Kizaru has definitely been hyped a bit less than Aokiji and Akainu and the OG admirals do seem stronger than Fujitora.

Number 10 could be Ryokugyu. We will probably be seeing him next arc.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I feel like Blackbeard can potentially surpass Shanks and Mihawk but I don't think he's there yet, so I agree with your top 3. Actually, I'd also put Akainu above him. There was this scene when Blackbeard had captured Jewelry Bonney that they ran away in a hurry and left her behind because Akainu's ship was nearing the shore. If he's that scared to fight him, it's either because Akainu is stronger or because Blackbeard was still not confident enough to fight him. They may just be about equals, though.
So IMO Blackbeard is actually the EOS villian and that will solidify him to be top 2 eventually when all is said and done. There's also the fact that he might eat another DF. IF he eats a third one (there's a theory he might eat Kaido's) then he'll be a solid #1 IMO. I remember that scene but I don't think PL's stayed the same. I'm going off the assumption that BB grew exponentially.

Kaido as "the strongest creature" is alright as a top 1 to me. I see you left out Whitebeard I guess that because he's dead. He'd be a candidate for those top 2/3 spots. I feel like the strongest characters are all almost tied with each other.
Yea because he's dead. Prime and Old WB would be the #1 on my list regardless.

Big Mom is okay as the weakest Yonko in the top. She's very strong but she's very clumsy and easy to manipulate (and easy to run away from), and despite her herculean strength and her homies she's definitely the less intelligent Yonko, and that has to count for something.
My thoughts exactly.

I don't know if I'd put Akainu and Aokiji separated in the top but since they're all just so close in power it could work like this. Kizaru has definitely been hyped a bit less than Aokiji and Akainu and the OG admirals do seem stronger than Fujitora.
Yea the OG Admirals are all relative but Kizaru hasn't had much screen time so I put him as the weakest. Akainu would beat Big Mom the same way he beat Aokiji but those 3 are all very near each other. Like a slim gap.

Aokiji and Akainu and the OG admirals do seem stronger than Fujitora.
Unfortunate since I love his character but still a beast nonetheless.

Number 10 could be Ryokugyu. We will probably be seeing him next arc.
Didn't put featless characters so that's why him and dragon are excluded.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
@Moegara Ok so I just finished doing my re-read of One Piece and want to make some changed as to my top 10:


1) Kaido
2) Mihawk
3) Shanks
4) BlackBeard
5) Akainu
6) Big Mom
7) Aokiji
8) Kizaru
9) Fujitora
10 YC1 or Enel.

So with number 10 I mean that After the Yonkos and Admirals, the next likely candidate is a YC1. It could be any of them depending if one get's solid feats. I would predict Beckmann or Shiryuu since those 2 are still a mystery but it could be any of them.

In regards to Enel, has IMO a top 5 devil fruit in terms of power and some of the best CoO with Mantra. If he can develop all 3 types of haki whilst on the moon and get an awakening, easily a candidate for a top 10.
Mihawk doesnt deserve to be that high up on the list. Especially not above Shanks or Big Mom until he has proven otherwise, so far he has only clashed with Vista a YC2/3. His rivalry with Shanks is unclear because it was 10 years ago prior to Shanks becoming a Yonko.
Big Mom should be equaled to Kaido as shown in their clash. IMO she is the weaker than Kaido but right above BB.
BB seems weak compared to the other Yonko, we'll wait to see what he has to show..

BB Pirates only ran away from Akainu 2 years ago because although they would have won with extreme difficulty, they would have taken alot of damage and have been set back on their plans. So it was wise for BB to have ran away from Akainu back then. Im sure now he wont fear him.
Yonko > Akainu=Aokiji=Kizaru>Fujitora>/=YC1 (Marco, King, Beckman)

Why do you even have Enel on the list? We have no idea if he has gotten stronger so im just going to assume he is the same level as back then. His haki is no way the same as Katakuris. He is only strong because of his DF.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Why do you even have Enel on the list? We have no idea if he has gotten stronger so im just going to assume he is the same level as back then. His haki is no way the same as Katakuris. He is only strong because of his DF
I explained why I have Enel in that post.
 

I Am Atomic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
3,208
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Garp ordered the marine not to tell Sengoku that Rayleigh was spotted on Shabondy because the Marines could not face 2 legends (WSM + Dark King) at the same time.

Was this a hyperbole or a genuine concern for Garp?

Do you all think Rayleigh is seriously that much of a threat, that powerful? That he alone could have turned the tides of the war? I place Rayleigh just under Yonko, but what do you think happens if Rayleigh joined? Would WB and Ace have died?
Yes a huge difference. WB was really a one man army. He had to strategise and lead the attack. What if someone as strong as him could lead the attack while he support them with tactics?

Rayleigh also had better haki than WB at that time (so nice WB was sick).
And finally an assumption, Rayleigh probably has his own force he can call upon. Like ex Roger pirates.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Yes a huge difference. WB was really a one man army. He had to strategise and lead the attack. What if someone as strong as him could lead the attack while he support them with tactics?

Rayleigh also had better haki than WB at that time (so nice WB was sick).
And finally an assumption, Rayleigh probably has his own force he can call upon. Like ex Roger pirates.
But would that have made Garp a serious combatant? Surely he could handle Ray by himself while the war unfolded the way it did. Aside for punching Marco, Garp was a nonfactor in the war.

Or maybe Sengoku would have gone on the offensive

Excellent point about being able to summon the remnants of the Roger Pirates.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yanno what sucks? We never got to see Garp vs. Whitebeard during the war. Garp might have matched with WHitebeard, but it'd have been fun to read. And if it was an even battle, that'd mean Whitebeard really was superior in his prime if the old, sick him was still matching Garp or doing slightly worse.
 

LadyVados

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
768
Age
25
Gender
Female
Country
Gotei 13
I wonder... is it possible seeing Yoru will cause Kaido to suffer PTSD ?

A friend of mine who’s read the latest chapter’s spoilers claims it proves Oden was equal to if not stronger than Roger/WB, is that true ?
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Yanno what sucks? We never got to see Garp vs. Whitebeard during the war. Garp might have matched with WHitebeard, but it'd have been fun to read. And if it was an even battle, that'd mean Whitebeard really was superior in his prime if the old, sick him was still matching Garp or doing slightly worse.
Garp's casual punch is mountain buster level. I can't even imagine the devastation the 2 of them would cause in an all out fight
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I wonder... is it possible seeing Yoru will cause Kaido to suffer PTSD ?

A friend of mine who’s read the latest chapter’s spoilers claims it proves Oden was equal to if not stronger than Roger/WB, is that true ?
Even if I believe Mihawk is stronger than Oden, I don't think just seeing his blade would trigger Kaido.

The PTSD he's suffering now seems to be linked more to the samurai and Wano itself rather than to just blades.

How so?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Garp's casual punch is mountain buster level. I can't even imagine the devastation the 2 of them would cause in an all out fight
Yeah, especially if Whitebeard really lets loose with his fruit power and not care about the outcome. Garp seems like he can tank almost anything and give it back even better.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Yeah, especially if Whitebeard really lets loose with his fruit power and not care about the outcome. Garp seems like he can tank almost anything and give it back even better.
Garp seems to have "normal" durability. He was hurt by Luffy's punch, and Sengoku also made him bleed when smashing his head against the floor.

Regarding his strength, we don't know what he can do. He was called "The Fist", and must have the strongest punch of all characters. But his greatest feat was defeating Chinjao, which is nothing spetactular by this point in the series.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Again I haven’t read the spoilers that’s what my friend told me.
Well I don't think anything in the current chapter suggests that.

Based on the flashbacks from a while back Roger and Whitebeard were definitely stronger than Oden.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Garp seems to have "normal" durability. He was hurt by Luffy's punch, and Sengoku also made him bleed when smashing his head against the floor.

Regarding his strength, we don't know what he can do. He was called "The Fist", and must have the strongest punch of all characters. But his greatest feat was defeating Chinjao, which is nothing spetactular by this point in the series.
His body can get injured, but he never got knocked out or anything, as far as I know. He seems to be able to withstand pain.

Hero of the Marines who cornered Roger multiple times.
 

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Garp seems to have "normal" durability. He was hurt by Luffy's punch, and Sengoku also made him bleed when smashing his head against the floor.

Regarding his strength, we don't know what he can do. He was called "The Fist", and must have the strongest punch of all characters. But his greatest feat was defeating Chinjao, which is nothing spetactular by this point in the series.
I think the fall in durability comes with age (Big Mom defies this logic). Whitebeard and Garp were pretty much shown to bleed easily. Doesn't take away the insane attack strength they pack. One hit from either even in their old age would be deadly! Akainu and Marco would attest to this. Lol.

Big Mom on the other hand hasn't been normal right from day one. It's implied that she grows in strength as she ages.

But his greatest feat was defeating Chinjao
I'm assuming you mean on-screen/on-paper. It's been noted that virtually all pirates of the previous generation were wary of Garp. Just in case you forgot, he's one of only 2 marine combatants the PK would enjoy battling with and Roger noted how many times he's almost being killed by Garp and vice versa in his freaking prime.
Like I said, you must be talking about on-screen feats not feats in general cos Garp for the marines seem to represent what Roger is to pirates. A symbol and epitome of greatness!

Fun fact: I've not seen Luffy get scared shitless of anyone as he is of Garp.
 
Top