Lurked for a while here both with and without an account for half of 2019 or so. Thought it would be a good time to start posting. Here are my predictions:
-One piece doesn't get first on oricon again
-20 Hxh chapters
-Jjk getting a huge boost to top three on oricon list and becomes the new super popular seasonal battle shonen in the west
-Kny slows down a bit and gets 4th on oricon
-Samurai 8 sales dwindle down and it eventually moves magazines
-Black Clover goes back to pre-anime sales, but anime will stay
-Jump Force 2 or new jump console game that isn't One piece, Naruto, or Dragon ball
-Mitama and Yozakura will survive this year
-actage anime announcement
Remember when I suggested to look back at last year prediction to see if you fared well? Since I didn't get much answers, I did the dirty job for you. Here we go:
2 1/2 out of 9
I may have gotten something wrong, especially about the sales or popularity predictions. Please feel free to correct, I'm here to learn!! :-)
Nice! Some comments on this: JJK got a big boost, but I'm not sure if it can get to top 3 over One Piece currently. Should have gone with my gut feeling and said cancelled for Samurai 8. I think BC has gone down to pre-anime sales, current volume sold 138k as far as I know and volume before anime sold 150k. We did get the Non-D.O.N., Kimetsu No Yaiba and the Tsubasa games this year. I might have gotten act-age right, if it didn't...err... get disqualified. 4 out of 9.
Here's my list for 2021
-One Piece still doesn't get first on Oricon again
-Hunter x Hunter returns
-Hunter x Hunter gets new circulation number
-Build King is a success
-Sakamoto is a success
-CSM ends and gets anime
-KNY video game will destroy records
-KNY manga sales will surpass Bleach world wide sales
-Another non-D.O.N. video game announcement
-JJK will beat MHA volume peak
-Burn the Witch returns with season two and announces the third season as the last
-Cop and Dolphin cancelled
-Roboco does a Mitama
-Magu wins the gagbowl
On the current topic:
Samurai 8 was the worst simply because it under-performed, but Toriko performed decently. Toriko being pushed over Naruto was undeserved. I didn't mind it getting pushed over Bleach though. Bleach was the second anime I watched, but it was clearly on it's way out. Times change and now we have new hits. MHA is Bleach level, JJK might get there too. Older series like Jojo and HxH are finding more popularity outside of Japan. Just like most series, Bleach is going to fade away and can't keep up with anomalies like One Piece and Naruto, so Toriko getting pushed over Bleach had at least some level of justification.